Ann Taylor

Ann Taylor Employer Reviews

Productive an fun workplace
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Milford, CTApril 3, 2014
Busy palce to work always learning new things, Great team environment
Sales/Stylist Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: discounted clothing, free lunches, endless hours, friendly enviornment
Cons: no time for a college student
Ann Taylor is truly a delightful place to work. On a daily, my job was to handle the customers and assisit them in what looks good on then and what does not. On a normal day, I would personally handle 16 people a day. Whether it be through advisement, finding sizes or suggestion, I was the customers right hand. I learned so much about marketing and – more... how to handle certain customers based off of their desires. I dealt with programs and multifaced computers that organized our sales with a certain time span. My coworkers were mature, older woman who held very good conversations. They taught me everything I know about retail. The hardest part of the job was finding the time to actually work. As a student, there is only some much time that I can dedicate to work. The job as a whole was more than gracious or anything that I anticipates. If my schedule permitted, I would work there again. Truly a great experience. – less
Nice co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Great Company to work for just not enough hours to give. Co-workers are friendly-
fun at times but not a lot of opportunity
SALES ASSOCIATE/STYLIST (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: nice work, environment, 50% off discount, lots of interation with people, styling the customers is a lot of fun!
Cons: they expect a lot for not very much, high sales goals, not a lot of opportunity (this is really just a part time job).
I worked at Ann Taylor when they was struggling to find a price at which consumers were willing to purchase their clothes, as a result I found that as the prices went down so did quality as well unfortunately. As a stylist I received lots of negative feedback in regards to this change. However the work environment is quit nice for a part time position. – more... The store decor was always intriguing and I was glad that I was apart of the visual team.

That being said It was unfortunate that there was not much opportunity for growth. It was clear that If you are a sales associate in a small store you are going to be just an associate for a long time! This situation can be frustrating and does not work to motivate employees. Expectations are high at Ann Taylor regarding sales so it would have been nice to have more acknowledgment, especially since promotion was not an option, and funds were clearly not there to provide for raises.... I got an 11 cent raise in a year (this was very insulting).

So after a year and a half I left. I miss the girls I worked with however it was the right choice, since the opportunity for a supervisor position was available and management was very outspoken about the fact that they did not want to hire from within... it was time to leave! I can't align with management that does this, unfortunately it happens a lot. It was Ironic though because I had the highest level of education even above all the managers and the quantitative proof that sales goals had been met and exceeded, I found out later that they had made the choice to bring in someone new because they felt that the store needed a "mature" associate (age) as most of the staff was under the age of 30. – less
Would have been better...
SALES LEAD (Former Employee), LouisianaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay and great customers
Cons: everything else
The management was horrible. Your work is not valued here, no matter how hard you work. I had some issues with harassment with upper management. Yes, upper management. I was never able to get through to human resources.
Wonderful company with a great product!
Co-manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 18, 2014
Ann Taylor is a great company dedicated to building the modern woman's wardrobe and her confidence.
Great Company
Client Stylist (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: fun and close to home
Cons: only part time employment
Very fun environment. No stress...able to leave work at work when you walk out the door. Great coworkers.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), SCMarch 15, 2014
Enjoyed working with a great management staff. The product was nice. I did like that they starting caring more shoes before I left.
Extremely kind, professional and pleasant staff to work with.
Desk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: excellent staff members
Cons: encountering demanding customers who could not be pleased.
Tending to each customers desires and needs with a great staff was a joy. I learned how to courteously assist demanding clients and quickly obtain merchandise to exceed the clients requests. My co-workers were the most fun, helpful, and pleasant group to work with, including the managerial staff. The most challenging obstacles that I faced were time – more... sensitive issues that required fast results and a reliance on other sources. I sincerely enjoyed the staff that I was given the opportunity to work with and migrate through challenges with on a daily basis. – less
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 3, 2014
Pros: $10 salary
Cons: not enough hours
I learned a lot about the ropes of fashion retail. The manager was helpful and approachable. Coworkers were nice
enjoyable place to work
Title Clerk (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: the clients
Cons: the upper management doesnt care
a typical work day is pretty smooth,
the management was OK
my coworkers where awesome
there was no hard part of my job
Tiring
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Johnson Creek, WIFebruary 20, 2014
Always on your feet, and the clothes are constantly changing. If you are able to memorized a whole store with all its products every 2 weeks, this job would be perfect for you.
sales
Customer service (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAFebruary 18, 2014
I worked sales, cashier, stock. Over night floor moves and inventory. Open and close of store and registers. Customer service and cash handling.
OK
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Potomac Mills, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Would only recommend for first time job seekers. Very long hours (from 3p-2a very typical). Hours constantly extended so its hard to make plans on any given day of the week. Extreme pressure to get new credit cards, disciplinary action in the form of fewer work hours is taken if you dont sign enough people up for the card.
Productive learning environment
Stylist/Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2014
Typical fun - competitive retail work environment. I truly enjoyed the hands on experience I received so far as merchandising and displaying merchandise.
Healthy and Productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), McClean, VAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: when the company is doing well we get rewards like free food or an ipad for the team
Cons: short breaks, working in a mall.
I enjoy my job at Ann Taylor. Ann Taylor INC. has a high standard for all associates which creates a healthy work environment. Here, all employees work together to achieve success. Management is very organized.
A typical day at work consists of a variety of tasks. For a time I greet clients and help them find what they need. In the fitting room I provide – more... professional fashion opinions and advice. My personal favorite, the cash wrap, is a fast-paced job in which I have to communicate quickly and effectively and maintain a positive connection with clients while working quickly to complete their transactions.
As in any job that involves customer service, the most difficult task is helping a client who was already unhappy when they came in. Whenever it is in my power, meaning there is not a policy preventing me from solving their problem, I solve the problem and make certain the client leaves satisfied. – less
Productive and a fun place to work.
Stylist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: managerial staff who serve as great mentors and who are respectful.
Cons: no healthcare for part time workers. unreliable hours offered; need another job to sustain you
Prepare the front desk for supplies needed and replenish.
Have a five minute review with manager to inform you of daily sales goal, rov and upt goals.
Optimize your sales with add-ons.
Be friendly and respectful to all customers and greet.
Good place to work but hours are too little to live on
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: good pay, hires entry-level, huge employee discount
Cons: not enough hours, very little training, constantly busy
Very customer-oriented job. Great for people who enjoy multitasking and working at a fast pace. Managers and coworkers were friendly and polite.
The pay was good but the hours are so little that you'd make more working at a fast food restaurant. So unless you have a higher/more stable position you may need to work a second job.
All things considered, – more... it was a great opportunity, but because of how little they train you, I really would not recommend applying unless you've had prior retail experience. – less
productive and fun never a dull moment
Sales Associate, stylist (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no healthcare
answering phones and customer service.I learned alot about styling someone and picking out right sizes. hardest pert of the job is finding the right solution to an issue.
Great discount for employees,
Sales Lead/ Part time (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 28, 2014
Ann Taylor is corporately very involved in the community and strong on empowerment of women.

About Ann Taylor

ANN: a name favored by royalty and commoners, as well as a company recognized for its aspirational luxury and feminine wear-to-work – Read more

Ann Taylor Photos