Anna's Linens Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILFebruary 26, 2016
At typical day at Anna's Linens was extremely hectic but it was worth it because I gained amazing skills. My coworkers were awesome and they immediately took me in to be a part of the Anna's Linens family extremely well. The hardest part of the job was standing for extremely long periods of time. I would work 8 hours and stand the whole time if I did not take a break. I've learned that patience is the true key to success and that you should always work hard to gain great skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Great Co-workers, Owner needs to step back and let their Employees do their job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 22, 2015
Enjoyed working here because of the employees and the team. Did not enjoy working with the owners and upper management.

Owner would consistently forced design and marketing decisions and not really letting the marketing team do their job. Owner to afraid to move foward with today's new trends and marketing techniques. Difficult to get any new equipment or software to improve overall production and business.

Only stuck around because of the amazing coworkers and team that always powered through any last minute changes or updates. A team of 7 putting out the work of a team of 15.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers willing to help each other, Health Benefits
Cons
Overworked, Owner would shame employees for putting family over work, lies and secrets, would put you in uncomfortable situations in terms of disclosed information
Customers were the best part of this job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2015
Everyone in the corporate office is deceptive & untrustworthy. Loss prevention managers have intimate relations with specific store managers, this company has way too much paperwork for the amount of pay they offer employees, They do not offer raises and their marketing team sucks. It's no wonder they had to close 50 stores at one time. If they treated their employees better and learned how to manager their money they probably would be more successful. So glad I am no longer employed here.
Pros
Cons
no raises, company doesn't back management teams on customer complaints, store managers suck.
good thing it is closing down
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 10, 2015
WOW. one of the worst jobs i have ever had. No help from upper managemnt, left high and dry and had to keep up with constant deadlines. They weren't matching 401k anymore and raised up health insurance through the roof. You can easily tell this store was going to be a death trap by the way things were run.
Cons
overworking staff, work life balance sucked, never been so stressed in my life working retail
Great group of employees and a fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZAugust 28, 2015
It was a great and fun job plus I really loved the employees I worked with and learning from them. The hardest park of my job was having to let the company go after it filed bankruptcy.
Pros
Plenty of time to eat lunch and hardworking co-workers and management.
Cons
Benefits were horrible.
Overall a productive and fun company to work for.
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
A typical day at Annas Linens consisted of folding towels, repackaging items, assisting customers, creating unique displays, performing stock checks and delivering excellent customer service. Employees at Annas learn how to do so much in one day. Anywhere from uniquely folding towels to creating displays for your home. The Management at Annas were great to work with. Most of the time they were in high spirits and encouraging to all employees. However the management at Annas were very unorganized and their was always a lot of miscommunication with the rest of the staff. There was never a time where the entire staff was exactly on the same page. A couple of the people on the staff were very lazy and inconsiderate of customers/staff. They were very messy at times. The Hardest part of the job was keeping a smile on your face while encountering extremely rude and verbally abusive customers. The most enjoyable part of working at Anna's Linens was seeing the customers walk away happy after helping them decorate their home.
Pros
Positive Management, Great learning Environment.
Cons
Poor Benefits, No Raises, Poor employee recognition.
a typical day at work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  overland plaza and gravios plazaAugust 27, 2015
• Performed plenty of cash handling deposit bags/deposit slips
• Filing paper work
• Customer care for existing and new customers,
• Cash outs
• Pick-ups store recovery
• P.O.S throughout the store.
• Loss prevention
Pros
great merchandise and the job was simple.
Cons
No job security and lack of benefits
Fair workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316May 24, 2016
I learned more than teamwork is a given, if you want to approve on customer satisfaction and store overall profits. The hardest part of working there was no firm advancement measures for good quality of work produce. The most enjoyable part of working for Anna's Linen was meeting new and interesting people; and helping customer choice the best possible merchandise for their needs. My coworkers was awesome to work with, we were like family in some aspects. Management was sometimes difficult to deal with, but okay.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
short lunch breaks
Work at Anna's Linen was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Anna's Linen was memorable. The staff was good to me, and treated me like family. We had a variety of customers that had brought in a different stories from all strokes of life. I worked from the front end of the store, so i tended to the cash register and kept the first fifteen feet of the store in order. That ranged from organizing and stocking the shelves with merchandise, helping customers with their questions about the product, and assisting them with purchases. I also greet and bid them farewell when they left, managed the phones and paged other sales associates to assist customers once left my zone. When the day ended, I would take the time to clean up the area, and vacuum the floor. The hardest part about the job, was probably trying to keep kids from eating candy when their parents were distracted with the merchandise.
Pros
Interesting, Friendly Environment, Even paced
Cons
short breaks, aggressive customers
Fast Paced and Good Team
Seasonal Employee/Black Friday (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Anna's was a fun and fast paced learning experience. I was hands on with merchandise and inventory right from the start which was great. I also was able to interact and help customers with their questions and needs. I was also put on the register for a short while when the Black Friday chaos was too much for only two registers to be open. Working with the team was great- they were lively, informative, and great teachers. The hardest moment was just trying to keep up with new customers rushing in the doors.
Pros
Fast Paced, Fun, Good Team Work
Cons
Short Breaks, Seasonal
Productive and great team management skills
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 3, 2015
A typical day at work consists on constantly re merchandising the store. Management is easy but at times it seems as if you aren't paid good enough for everything that is required of you. The most important part of my job is teaching my team to stay positive no matter what and teach them team management skills.
Pros
Promote within, paid vacation time
Cons
Healthcare, staffing, hours, and benefits
good compensation bad work/life balance
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2016
work and life was not balance love my co-worker and customers.fun place to work.Great place for advancement,promote from within
Pros
pay, healthcare
Cons
no life balance
Do NOT work at Anna's Linens
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 6, 2015
Unless you have a store manager who actually cares, you will be miserable. The higher-ups in corporate don't really acknowledge or praise you (unless you're a store manager of course) other than when you make the company a big sale and it's broadcast via email to all the stores in your district. The pay is fine and basic for associates, but management isn't paid nearly the adequate amount for all the work they have to do. Just, don't work there!
The Job
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
This Job was Great! I actually was hired at one store for the opening of another store. We put the store together, unloading trucks, setting up displays, stocking. the store was completely empty when we first started. Everyone worked well together and we finished the store on time.It was exciting and something new. Just to see how you can accomplish in the short time that we did and the people were excellent. It was only a temporary position but it was a nice experience!
Good for the while, not so good final years
Senior Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Due to a series of bad managerial decisions, Anna's Linens of 30 years is no more. Completely bankrupt, closed, kaput, all 350 stores closed.
Corporate office closed.
No point of writing longer review.
11 years gone out the window. But it was OK most of the time.
Pros
For most of the time family run company, nice atmosfere
Cons
family run, unchecked decisions led to failure
Good Company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros:
- the ability to learn different decor styles
- hands on work
- face to face interaction with customers
- the pay is decent
- the environment is nice
- loved working in different depts; bathroom, bedroom, etc
- the employee discounts
- the merchandises that the store has to offer

Cons:
- the ability to advance in the company seems slim
- your hours typically are cut
- your work more harder than what you get paid for
- no recognition when you go over and beyond
- lack of communication between employees and supervisors
- their was always disagreements and trash-talking amongst the women
- no good benefits
Fun, was always busy,and co-workers were awesome and did what they were told. They never gave problems.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  san bernardinoSeptember 28, 2015
Well, what can I say about Anna's Linen. It was the most rewarding experience in my career in retail. It was an environment that was pleasant, professionalism, treated each other with dignity and respect. Most of all, we were family. Anna's Linen commitment to customer service and the importance of product acknowledgment is what we strived for. What I've learned here at Anna's Linens is awesome and I will take with me wherever I go. Great Customer Service. Just look it up at YELP! if it's still there, our reviews.
Pros
being at work with awesome co workers. There is no I in Team.
Cons
My days off. I would call on my off days to make sure everything was good.
All Stores have now closed in 2015
Supervisor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 11, 2016
This was a wonderful place to shop to mostly get quality items at discount prices. Most of the management truly cared about their employees. Our store manager in particular was genuinely concerned and caring about the immediate staff. It's too bad that the company had to close all the stores.
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 5, 2016
Working at Annas Linens was an awesome working experiance. We did it all unloading trucks 200-400 boxes weighing up to 30lbs. Stocking/Restocking. Checking out customers well greeting or answering the store phone. Dealing with returns/exchanges.
nice place to work
Assistant Manager, Management Operations (Current Employee) –  carolina, PRFebruary 28, 2014
I would open the store set up register for the day. Count down safe and recover store. Directing associtates of task for the day. Helping customer find things they needed and up saleing items. I have learned time management, and also management skills. The hardest part of my job was when the system would go down. I would have to call register support and we would figure out the problem together. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers. They would come in and need directions on how to fix up their bedrooms, bathroom, and living rooms
Pros
learning great customer service and learn how to decorate
Cons
very little hours, no appreciation for good customer service, mistreated, unfair scheduling, no raises and no bonus plan

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anna's Linens. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9