Anna's Linens Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2016
Dealt with mainly woman and for me I had no problem with that. I learned a lot on customer service, dealing with tax exempts and some inventory. Management was good and helpful. Along with co workers. Hardest part of the job was organizing the bigger pillows because they just stuck out. I enjoyed working there in general.
closed down
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 17, 2016
went out of business no longer around no compensation for employees . Bankrupt loss to much money people kept stealing no security cheap merchandise poor quilty
Great Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 31, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company, and was sad that we had to close each store. I learned so much! I enjoyed the staff I had and training new staff as they came. Management was very helpful when there was a problem.
Property Management
Property Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 13, 2016
Made arrangements for opening, remodeling and closing of store locations, this included the turning on or off of utilities, organizing trash removal during construction and after store opening and obtaining business licenses. Handled all storage containers ordering, maintaining, review of all orders for containers, and removal.
Customer service oriented
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLJune 8, 2016
Great place to work. All day customer service and merchandising. Training and developing the team. Too bad it went out of business.
An ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 1, 2016
Good management. I learned a lot there. Great co-workers. The company overall was ok. They took care of their employees as much as they could.
IT was fun while it lasted
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 30, 2016
It was a steady stream of customers ..we had a well rounded courteous staff...they had good holiday pay with a lot of potlucks. I was at annas for 8 years
Fair workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316May 24, 2016
I learned more than teamwork is a given, if you want to approve on customer satisfaction and store overall profits. The hardest part of working there was no firm advancement measures for good quality of work produce. The most enjoyable part of working for Anna's Linen was meeting new and interesting people; and helping customer choice the best possible merchandise for their needs. My coworkers was awesome to work with, we were like family in some aspects. Management was sometimes difficult to deal with, but okay.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
short lunch breaks
great work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 3, 2016
great work place always learning something new on the job. theirs always a fun and friendly customer that will make your day
management needed improvements
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 27, 2016
Management changed three times while working here. Even with the third manager it still needed improvement. I feel like it was the whole company itself.
Great customersand great products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 19, 2016
Too bad this company went out of business, I liked it a lot. The products were amazing. Great prices and the co-works were nice as well.
Out of business
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 9, 2016
Great place to work but company went out of business. No use giving a twenty word minimum review - great co workers - great co workers
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 5, 2016
Working at Annas Linens was an awesome working experiance. We did it all unloading trucks 200-400 boxes weighing up to 30lbs. Stocking/Restocking. Checking out customers well greeting or answering the store phone. Dealing with returns/exchanges.
Great place to work fun and room to move up!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  floridaMarch 22, 2016
A wonderful company to work for. Helping customers find what they needed for their homes. Made sales goals and made customers happy always!
Pros
growth
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 8, 2016
The company is now closed but when they were open they were very family orientated and easy going. They provided a lot of incentives and support.
Productive Work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILFebruary 26, 2016
At typical day at Anna's Linens was extremely hectic but it was worth it because I gained amazing skills. My coworkers were awesome and they immediately took me in to be a part of the Anna's Linens family extremely well. The hardest part of the job was standing for extremely long periods of time. I would work 8 hours and stand the whole time if I did not take a break. I've learned that patience is the true key to success and that you should always work hard to gain great skills.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short breaks
good compensation bad work/life balance
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2016
work and life was not balance love my co-worker and customers.fun place to work.Great place for advancement,promote from within
Pros
pay, healthcare
Cons
no life balance
Good for the while, not so good final years
Senior Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Due to a series of bad managerial decisions, Anna's Linens of 30 years is no more. Completely bankrupt, closed, kaput, all 350 stores closed.
Corporate office closed.
No point of writing longer review.
11 years gone out the window. But it was OK most of the time.
Pros
For most of the time family run company, nice atmosfere
Cons
family run, unchecked decisions led to failure
The Job
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
This Job was Great! I actually was hired at one store for the opening of another store. We put the store together, unloading trucks, setting up displays, stocking. the store was completely empty when we first started. Everyone worked well together and we finished the store on time.It was exciting and something new. Just to see how you can accomplish in the short time that we did and the people were excellent. It was only a temporary position but it was a nice experience!
learned a lot
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2016
Busy , great customer service. small management team . Hardest part of my job completing task with little staff. Most enjoyable thing about my job was my co-workers

2.9