Anna's Linens Employee Reviews

A great workplace to help customers
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 30, 2015
It was a good place to work. Co-workers were great and I loved helping customers find what they needed. Its sad that they went out of business.
Was a small family like work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAAugust 29, 2015
OPEN AND CLOSED
Small group Family like , as any Job being open on Holidays is always hard, Unfortunately The Company went out of business and has closed their store
Great group of employees and a fun work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Avondale, AZAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Plenty of time to eat lunch and hardworking co-workers and management.
Cons: Benefits were horrible.
It was a great and fun job plus I really loved the employees I worked with and learning from them. The hardest park of my job was having to let the company go after it filed bankruptcy.
Productive, skill building, strategy learning, and open-mindedness
Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, fun workplace
Cons: terrible location
Expect the unexpected when dealing with customer service. You never know who you'll deal with on a daily basis, or what may come of a situation that will knowingly or unknowingly present itself. I've learned to keep my own personal feelings aside from my job and how to deal with my own personal obstacles and develop discipline while in the work place. Typically there was no ordinary day so the learning process was continuous which I loved. I learned a bit about visual-aid, project building, multitasking and time management. Problem solving became an every day thing. As to be expected with co-workers there will always be ups and downs but I personally loved them all! The hardest part of the job was difficult customers some are harder to please than others. The most enjoyable part of the job were those beautiful, high-spirited customers that came in and made my day time and time again, with good conversation and ending with laughter.
Professtional
Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
Corbett Personnel was a great opportunity for me fresh out of high school to experience a real work life experience. I worked with several different companies.
Fun place to work with lots of advancement opportunity
District Training Store Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2015
Great leadership and management. Family oriented culture. Small team makes it more like family. Multitasking is part of everyday work. Nothing too hard about this job, I loved it.
Always something to do.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: District sales competitions
Cons: Short staff caused split shifts.
Never ending projects. One always kept busy. If assigned daily tasks and projects were done for the day you find something to fill the day. Change out displays through out the store. Condense shelves, pull stock from the stock room and or top stock. Make room for weekly delivery truck. Check on customers, try and up sale what ever project they are trying to do.
Upbeat, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), College Station, TexasAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Company closed
I enjoyed my temporary position with Anna's. Sadly, the company did close down. I will definitely miss the job and all of my coworkers who became close friends!
Poor upper management
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXAugust 18, 2015
Pros: co-workers, customers
Cons: hours, healthcare, no vacation hours
Upper management was unorganized, spent money on merchandise that was not worth it, and didn't compensate their teams accordingly. They really asked a lot from each store but they wouldn't provide the hours to complete tasks. The days only consisted of 2 people working in the morning and at night (basically a manager and associate) but you couldn't leave your posts. How are you going to do everything with no people. The team within the stores; however, were great people and fun to work with. Making visual displays with your own ideas was one of my favorite part. Overall, if the had some type of order and wouldn't spend their money on things they didn't need the stores could have been a success.
It was very exciting to see new fabulous items
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), High Point, NCAugust 17, 2015
A typical day energetic, fast paced and finding different ways to decorate. My management and co-workers were great. My hardest day was not having what the customer needed.
Very Peaceful Enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2015
Even when the store got busy, it was still peaceful. Always had something to do, whether it was cleaning or stocking shelves.
ok while it lasted
Supervisor (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Short Breaks, Inconsistent Schedule, People called off to much
Aside from being my first Retail job and obtaining to experience needed to get a foot hole in the retail industry.
This job had to much work for little pay. Expecting projects to be done with impossible deadlines.

Although, at times it was fun working there, working stock and seeing the new items, there was always room for the off days of people not showing up for there shifts.
Great place to be employed
Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta Ga.August 10, 2015
Pros: weekends holiday, off
Cons: none
Great , they care about their employees. really enjoyed working there.There is so much room for growth, and also they also train you
your certain positions
good workplace and family oriented
Supervisor/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAAugust 9, 2015
• Oversaw store operations and customer support for quality service, customer satisfaction and profitability
• Supervised, lead and directed the activities of store personnel.
• Responsible for ensuring company guidelines and policies were understood and followed
• Improved store volume and profits by meeting and exceeding budgets established, and maintaining gross margins
fun and excited to work there
Supervisor (Current Employee), lancaster,texasAugust 5, 2015
a fun day and i learned a lot about management and the the management is really good and the co-workers are excellent and the hardest part of the job is unloading the trucks and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the co-workers.
your home your way
Supervisor (Former Employee), Arecibo, PRAugust 3, 2015
-Un día normal, hacer cambios de visuales.
-Equipo gerencial fue excepcional.
-Asociados siempre dispuesto a ayudar al igual que aprender.
Working in the evironment
Sales Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Loved the people I worked with.
Cons: short breaks, same shift all the time
I wasn't trained to feel comfortable in my position. I was also told that we would be alternating shifts and we did not. Coworkers were great. Typical day was very busy, but not busy enough to make sales. The higher management was not always helpful. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with unruly customers. My most enjoyable part of the day was helping customers and knowing that the customer was happy.
Difficult at best
Director of Construction and Facilities (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Limited control over project results.
Working at Anna's Linens was as close to total Micro-Management, with no control over Schedules or Budgets as I have ever experienced.
There was virtually no respect or consideration for the amount of dedicated hard work that went into opening each and every new store or remodel.
Productive and eventful
District Training Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Customer satisfaction, growth potential
Exceptional customer service is the key but there are other factors that go into a successful day in retail. Merchandising, freight, building team morale, sales focus and managing key metrics are all intricate parts of making sure that at the end of each day, you and your team have performed beyond expectations. Being a strong leader and building an "A-team" make the job possible. There is a lot of follow up, customer focus, planning and execution that goes into each day and when you have a winning mindset, everything seems to fall into place.
Face to face customer service daily
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 28, 2015
Processed credit, debit, cash and check purchases. Help fulfill customer needs. Inventory. balancing registers and maintaining a clean and safe sales floor
Headquarters