HORRIBLE place to work...
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: please read review
WHERE DO I BEGIN...
1.I recently left Anna's Linens for the fact I was looking for a job that had opportunity to advance. IT IS VERY RARE that they promote within the company. The DM, SM, and AM bring in people they know from outside the company because they get incentives when they refer somebody. So they all work together so THEY only get the incentives. Also, the company pays for ALL the DM's and store managers to take a paid, 1 week, vacation twice a year WHEN they could use that money to give their associates better raises. They start you off at a fair pay but then they turn around and give you 5cent raises:( EXAMPLE: self- I started out at 8.25, worked their for 3yrs, and when I left I wasn't even close to making $9.
2, The DM's and store managers are very unprofessional and will disciplin you in front of a crowd instead of one on one in the office to correct your error.
3. The aprons they make you wear cause alot of stress around the neck. REALLY, all they need is an Anna's Linen polo shirt, pants, and name tag.
4. When the stores are expecting a visit is the only time the schedules are set out for weeks in advance, but the associates are informed not to follow the schedule because its only for looks because of the visit. In reality, the schedule is always changing on a daily basis. Giving No time to work around it.
5. NO BREAKS. If your working 5hrs or less dont expect a break, and if your working 6hrs or more you only get 1/2hr lunch and you cannot leave the store:/
6. You get blamed if the store doesn't make budget or if you get a low score on your monthly secret – more... shopper. THEY TAKE YOU OFF THE SCEDULE:( so you loose your weeks pay.
7. The quality of their comforters are horrible. They want you to sell, sell, sell, but how could I sell these poorly made items if I, myself, wouldnt even buy them.
8. No vacation for part-time. If you ask for time off, they get upset and make you close for awhile.
9. DON'T CALL IN SICK! That will spread through email from SM to DM, and all sorts of new rules are made in your honor. So, in other words, NO SICK DAYS.
10. Only the SM and AM benefit from contest between stores. The SM gets a 250 gift card, the AM manager gets a 150 gift card (both gift cards to ANNAs of course) While all the other employees get a $25 party they have to split. So we pretty much had no choice but to order $5 pizzas:(
I can go on and on, but I think I've said enough. – less