Anne Arundel Community College

Anne Arundel Community College Employer Reviews

Learning Experience
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Arnold, MDAugust 18, 2014
Working for AACC helped me to focus on the ability to teach and direct students in effectively delivering optimal care all patients.
Very supportive
Facilitated AA and NA meetings (Former Employee), Hagerstown MarylandAugust 5, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: lack of communication occasionally
Enjoyed working with others and seeing lives becoming more productive. Respect received and given made my job rewarding.
Best first Job
STUDENT SERVICES ASSISTANT 1 (Former Employee), Arnold, MDJuly 19, 2014
I enjoyed working for AACC as it was my first job in the cooperate field.
Relaxed atmosphere
TLC Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Arnold, MDMay 6, 2014
This is a great place to work and develop good communication skills with the general public. especially convenient if you attend the college and are looking for flexible hours around your time.
Actice
Program Developer (Former Employee), Arnold, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: winter breaks, meeting students, and working with instructors
Cons: benefits, work hours, and work load
Working for Anne Arundel Community provided me with great customer service experience. A typical day was answering calls from prospective students, scheduling classrooms for instructors, and providing data reports from the director and assistant director.
Fast-paced work environment, Great opportunities for collaboration and Growth
Student Life Specialist (Current Employee), Arnold, MDDecember 10, 2013
Pros: professional development opportunities are amazing
There are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills through cross-campus collaboration and development. Very supportive and welcoming work environment. Great place to work, amazing students!
Interesting
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Arnold, MDOctober 28, 2013
Love my work hate my hours only part time. The people you meet are interesting mamagement id great they are very understanding the hardest part is the drive from PG conty to anne arundel county
Intensive program
Student, National STEM Consortium Cyber Technology (Current Employee), StudentSeptember 6, 2013
• Selected for a program at Anne Arundel Community College Intensive, preparatory program for earning relevant certifications and entering into the cyber security and information assurance field.
• The NSC Cyber Technology certificate combines rigorous academic training with hands-on projects, a skills-based capstone, and the opportunity to sit for – more... industry certification exams. The outcomes-based program is built upon the National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework, which maps the Cyber industry and outlines essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) for each position. The NSC Cyber Technology certificate teaches the KSAs for "Customer Service and Tech Support" job category and partially prepares students for the CompTIA A+ Hardware 220-801
+ CompTIA A+ Software 220-802

+ CompTIA Network+ N10-005
+ CompTIA Security+ SY0-301

+ Cisco Certified Network – less
Great place to work!
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Arnold, MDMarch 6, 2013
Excellent work environment. I only work as an adjunct, but everyone is welcoming, the students are great and lots of IPD and support free.
TO OBTAIN A EXCITING AND REWARDING CAREER AS A VETINARY ASSISTANT
STUDENT VET ASSISTANT (Former Employee), ARNOLD MDNovember 17, 2012
ASSISTING WITH EXAMS,VENIPUNCTURE,OBTAINING MEDICAL HISTORY,VITALS,BLOOD COLLECTIONS,VACCINES,WOUND CARE BANDAGING ETC
It was a great environment
Customer Service Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Arnold, MDSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Very flexible work schedule. The management team were great. A very team oriented working environment.
Great
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee), Arnold, MDAugust 9, 2012
Pros: great teamwork
It was a great experience. I was treated as a team member and my supervisor was always encouraging and positive. My co-workers worked well together to make the success of the program. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with student files and paperwork and the most enjoyable part was doing what I love most - working with amazing people in order – more... to see them succeed. – less
Boring place
Advertisement Manager (Former Employee), mdJuly 3, 2012
Pros: tax free pay check
Cons: manager was mean
I worked for the school newspaper which was boring and the manager liked to micro manage to much
Good stepping stone to a better job
Lab Technician / Desktop Support (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJune 16, 2012
Pros: ability to gain work experence to move to a better job
Cons: low pay, no benifits, depressing work envirement
A typical day at work would include delivery and set up of AV equipment, tutoring students in the Technology lab, assisting Network Administrators in developing images for the computers, and assisting faculity and staff with the use of equipment in the lecture hall and technology classrooms. I learned a great deal about advanced AV systems and network – more... administration during my employment. I worked with another Lab Technician and two Network Administrators. I was employed as a Full Time Temp. making $11 an hour, with absolutely no benefits . The moral at AACC was extremely low, as the majority of employees had no benifits and were concidered Temps even after a number of yeaars of employment, this made for a long day working in a gloomy workplace. I enjoyed working with the students on their assignments the most. – less