Anne Arundel Community College Employee Reviews

Good place to learn the ropes
Information Services Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 8, 2017
I've had a good time working here and made some good friends as well as associates. The management can sometimes be bad and some bad choices have been made on it, but as long as they let you do your job, it is workable.
A good place to work and grow professionally
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDJanuary 17, 2017
AACC is a good place to work. I worked there for 22 years and I progressed from a senior director to an assistant dean before retiring. If you are hard working, eager to grow and committed to students you should do well, if hired.
Education is the key to success
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDDecember 28, 2016
It was an honor to return to the place of humble beginnings and teach. Time and family changes did not afford me the time to continue but most rewarding none the least.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
none what so ever.
Awesome work environment
Response Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDDecember 22, 2016
This is hands down the best place to work. Everyone wants you to be successful. Great coworkers and my supervisor is awesome. Everyone is super friendly and nice. Tenure here is incredible...people never leave.
Pros
Benefits are amazing, great coworkers
Good atmosphere
Hospitality Culinary Art Institute (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 10, 2016
Time management
Good atmosphere
Great guest
Availability
Nice co-workers
Friendly contractors
Accommodating primary accounts
Acknowledging manager
Cons
Health check
Great Place to Work
Clinical Nurse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDJuly 4, 2016
Friendly professional staff who help new comers acclimate to the environment. Orientation process was expeditious.
Great job and program to be apart
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDJune 1, 2016
I loved working at the college part time doing office work and helping to kick off the program (FYE) First Year Experience. I made call, appointments, build relationships with some of the students everything was awesome I loved doing this work and the team members where awesome communication was great and everything run smooth.
Peer/ Professional Tutor in Tutoring Center
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDMarch 22, 2016
Compensation is minimal. Employment intended for students. Hours are not guaranteed, scheduling is your responsibility, there is no scheduling application currently in use.
It is a flexible place to work
New Student Orientation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDFebruary 18, 2016
It is a great place to work if you are a permanent employee. A typical work day for me as a new student orientation assistant is planning organizing behind the scene activities that will be use for new student orientation. Also I manage daily entry of data in a massive student database. Working here as a part time worker and a student as well is very flexible in a way that I plan and organize my class activities and schedules around my work.
Pros
balance work life
Cons
Limited to 25 hours a week
Fun Workplace
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDJanuary 27, 2016
When one gets to work with the things they enjoy movies and video games and work with people who share the same passion makes a wonderful place to work.
Great Environment to Inspire and be inspired
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDNovember 14, 2015
I work mostly with students in minority groups, first generation college students, students with financial need, students with developmental course requirements, first year college students, returning students, and most recently, veterans. Working at AACC has allowed me to make a difference in the lives on students and be a part of their growth from the moment they walk unto campus to the time they transfer to 4-year schools or walk across that graduation stage. I learn a lot from both my colleagues and the students I work with everyday.
Pros
Great work environment
Great place to start an education.
Student (Former Employee) –  ArnoldSeptember 9, 2015
Teachers are helpful, and classes are available from morning to midnight. A variety of career education is offered. Campus is well maintained and spread out.
Great profressors
Student (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 5, 2015
I love AACC Human Services program and the internships. I learned alot about myself and how to be able to assist my future clients and navigate thru various programs that benefit our community.
Very positive
Oracle Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDAugust 20, 2015
My teaching experience at Anne Arundel Community College was one of the best things I have ever done. The teaching staff was very supportive, and the students are first-rate!
Pros
teaching staff, student body
Cons
technical area/data center
Took care of their peer tutors
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDAugust 7, 2015
It is difficult working while being a full time student, but the management helped us along the way. We were able to balance our time with working on our own studies, and helping other students with theirs.
Excllent work enviroment. And room to grow.
Computer Tech (Former Employee) –  Arnold MDJune 21, 2015
I would help students log onto computers, and I would help with any questions they would have about the computers. The hardest part of the job would be not knowing why a computer would crash. I enjoyed being around all of my co-workers they would help me if I didn't know what the computer was doing.
Pros
Room to grow.
Cons
Breaks were not long enough.
Flexible place to work
New Student Engagement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDMay 24, 2015
It is a very fun and flexible place to work. Staff are friendly to each other and I enjoy the flexibility I have to combine my school curriculum with a small part time job that provide extra cash for me. My work hours is less than 25 hours a week, but I enjoy it.
I do not known much about benefits and compensation because I am just a temporary student worker.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Not known because I am a student worker
Review of Anne Arundel Community College
Registration Assitant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at this place very much. It was happy to help the stundents and instructors. My coworkers were nice and helpful. I only left this job because my husband became very ill and I had to cut back on working.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Cant think of one
Student Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDApril 14, 2015
Excellent place to become employed.I would recommend anybody there. The environment is great. There are some people there that cares about their coworkers. There are others that are prejudice.
this was a work-study job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDMarch 4, 2015
This job truly showed me how to balance college classes and the work life. I worked a lot with the students and administration, filing and faxing and working New student orientation. I was able to tell my student about when I was a new student to the new students that were coming in. It was a great experience transitioning into college life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anne Arundel Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5