Anne Arundel Community College Employee Reviews

Took care of their peer tutors
Tutor (Former Employee), Arnold, MDAugust 7, 2015
It is difficult working while being a full time student, but the management helped us along the way. We were able to balance our time with working on our own studies, and helping other students with theirs.
Excllent work enviroment. And room to grow.
Computer Tech (Former Employee), Arnold MDJune 21, 2015
Pros: Room to grow.
Cons: Breaks were not long enough.
I would help students log onto computers, and I would help with any questions they would have about the computers. The hardest part of the job would be not knowing why a computer would crash. I enjoyed being around all of my co-workers they would help me if I didn't know what the computer was doing.
Flexible place to work
New Student Engagement Assistant (Current Employee), Arnold, MDMay 24, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: Not known because I am a student worker
It is a very fun and flexible place to work. Staff are friendly to each other and I enjoy the flexibility I have to combine my school curriculum with a small part time job that provide extra cash for me. My work hours is less than 25 hours a week, but I enjoy it.
I do not known much about benefits and compensation because I am just a temporary student worker.
Review of Anne Arundel Community College
Registration Assitant (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Cant think of one
I enjoyed working at this place very much. It was happy to help the stundents and instructors. My coworkers were nice and helpful. I only left this job because my husband became very ill and I had to cut back on working.
Student Service Assistant (Former Employee), Arnold, MDApril 14, 2015
Excellent place to become employed.I would recommend anybody there. The environment is great. There are some people there that cares about their coworkers. There are others that are prejudice.
this was a work-study job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Arnold, MDMarch 4, 2015
This job truly showed me how to balance college classes and the work life. I worked a lot with the students and administration, filing and faxing and working New student orientation. I was able to tell my student about when I was a new student to the new students that were coming in. It was a great experience transitioning into college life.
Cyber Club Secretary
Basic Crew member (Former Employee), Arnold, MDJanuary 9, 2015
Helped the President organize the club meetings and helped with club events.
ACE Program
A+ and Healthcare IT Technician Certification (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 14, 2014
Works with county to help change careers, and helps teach everyday necessities.
Learning Experience
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Former Employee), Arnold, MDAugust 18, 2014
Working for AACC helped me to focus on the ability to teach and direct students in effectively delivering optimal care all patients.
Very supportive
Facilitated AA and NA meetings (Former Employee), Hagerstown MarylandAugust 5, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: lack of communication occasionally
Enjoyed working with others and seeing lives becoming more productive. Respect received and given made my job rewarding.
Best first Job
STUDENT SERVICES ASSISTANT 1 (Former Employee), Arnold, MDJuly 19, 2014
I enjoyed working for AACC as it was my first job in the cooperate field.
Relaxed atmosphere
TLC Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Arnold, MDMay 6, 2014
This is a great place to work and develop good communication skills with the general public. especially convenient if you attend the college and are looking for flexible hours around your time.
Actice
Program Developer (Former Employee), Arnold, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: winter breaks, meeting students, and working with instructors
Cons: benefits, work hours, and work load
Working for Anne Arundel Community provided me with great customer service experience. A typical day was answering calls from prospective students, scheduling classrooms for instructors, and providing data reports from the director and assistant director.
Fast-paced work environment, Great opportunities for collaboration and Growth
Student Life Specialist (Current Employee), Arnold, MDDecember 10, 2013
Pros: professional development opportunities are amazing
There are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills through cross-campus collaboration and development. Very supportive and welcoming work environment. Great place to work, amazing students!
Interesting
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Arnold, MDOctober 28, 2013
Love my work hate my hours only part time. The people you meet are interesting mamagement id great they are very understanding the hardest part is the drive from PG conty to anne arundel county
Intensive program
Student, National STEM Consortium Cyber Technology (Current Employee), StudentSeptember 6, 2013
• Selected for a program at Anne Arundel Community College Intensive, preparatory program for earning relevant certifications and entering into the cyber security and information assurance field.
• The NSC Cyber Technology certificate combines rigorous academic training with hands-on projects, a skills-based capstone, and the opportunity to sit for industry certification exams. The outcomes-based program is built upon the National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework, which maps the Cyber industry and outlines essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) for each position. The NSC Cyber Technology certificate teaches the KSAs for "Customer Service and Tech Support" job category and partially prepares students for the CompTIA A+ Hardware 220-801
+ CompTIA A+ Software 220-802

+ CompTIA Network+ N10-005
+ CompTIA Security+ SY0-301

+ Cisco Certified Network
Great place to work!
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Arnold, MDMarch 6, 2013
Excellent work environment. I only work as an adjunct, but everyone is welcoming, the students are great and lots of IPD and support free.
TO OBTAIN A EXCITING AND REWARDING CAREER AS A VETINARY ASSISTANT
STUDENT VET ASSISTANT (Former Employee), ARNOLD MDNovember 17, 2012
ASSISTING WITH EXAMS,VENIPUNCTURE,OBTAINING MEDICAL HISTORY,VITALS,BLOOD COLLECTIONS,VACCINES,WOUND CARE BANDAGING ETC
It was a great environment
Customer Service Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Arnold, MDSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Very flexible work schedule. The management team were great. A very team oriented working environment.
Great
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee), Arnold, MDAugust 9, 2012
Pros: great teamwork
It was a great experience. I was treated as a team member and my supervisor was always encouraging and positive. My co-workers worked well together to make the success of the program. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with student files and paperwork and the most enjoyable part was doing what I love most - working with amazing people in order to see them succeed.