Anne Arundel Medical Center

Anne Arundel Medical Center Employer Reviews

My Job
Unit Secretary in the NICU (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: short breaks, short unpaid lunches
The job was great and the people were even better. I loved my job but the drive is getting to be too much from southern Maryland, with my pay not being very much. I loved to be closer to home and my life 3 12's in a row are a lot and my schedule isn't consistent. I'd like to be off on the weekend and work 40 hours Monday to Friday. The hardest part of my job is multitasking. If you can't manage the visitors singing in, answering the phone making patient follow up appointments, admitting patients and keeping up with your daily paper work and tasks. At times it can become over whelming.
Good Hospital
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDDecember 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits, nice staff
Cons: understaffed for the work that is expected of us
A good hospital and generally a good place to work. Nice, clean environment. Everyone tries to work together, but we are very short staffed and it's tough when cases are added on and there's not enough staff to cover them. It's easy to get completely stretched out and exhausted.
day work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: director
general cleaning assisting help when needed
giving departments supplies and aide nurse when needed
Registered nurse (Current Employee), MDOctober 23, 2014
PRODOCTIVITY AND FUN WORK PLACE WITH A GREAT CAFETERIA AND EXERCISE PROGRAM
NA
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDOctober 20, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Clerical Assistant
Filed charts according to color coded folders, labeled folders and stored folders.
Hard work, terrible managers and supervisors.
Food and Nutrition - Sanitation (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDOctober 18, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: management
2 years of employment and found the job to be very stressful on the count of the supervisors.

Learned my lesson.
Very clean and modern hospital with friendly work atmosphere.
RN (Former Employee), Special Care UnitOctober 13, 2014
Great team work between physicians, nurses, therapists and other staff
Management support overall good.
registered nurse
Staff Nurse - Mother/Baby Unit (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDOctober 6, 2014
Pros: patient and family centered care
Being an employee at AAMC is a wonderful feeling. AAMC has just received Magnet Status, which is a huge accomplishment. The care provided at AAMC is centered around the patient and their families.
Great Workplace and environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDSeptember 3, 2014
Awesome company to work with an a great staff with a family like atmosphere. Everyday was filled with endless possibilities and exciting adventures. The hardest part of my job was some of the horrifying stories of many of the patients. Working in public health has it's ups and downs but the most rewarding of them all was knowing at the end of the day that I had helped change someone's life for the better.
Good Place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good work environment. i would get medical care here
Cons: work every other weekend.
Nice clean hospital. experienced staff. I would get medical care here.
Great Place to work
PCT/Sitter (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 18, 2014
Great staff of nurses and doctors, great hours and respectable co-workers.
I love what I do while working in the ER.
ER Technician (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 3, 2014
Pros: i like the teamwork here at aamc.
Cons: 30 minutes lunch breaks, and changing my work schedule. i do not like working 11a to 11p.
It is stressful working in the ER, but I've learned how to be more patient, focused, muiltitask oriented and more disciplined. I like the face that managment come from behind a desk and help you if need be, and they are more resource full. I love working with my co-workers. They are kind, and they don't mind helping you especially in tough time. We work together and get the job done. The hardest part of my job is having my patients expire and watching the families grief. The most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on my patients and families faces.
nice and friendly environment. Very professional staffs, everyone does their job.
Staff Nurse/PCU, HVU, NCU (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 22, 2014
Pros: loved working there, always clean and beautiful.
worked night shift, most of the staffs work together, everyone does their job which makes life easy. computer chatting is the best ever. Management sometimes partial, some newer nurses get the position of charge nurse after a year experience while some older nurses dont get a chance. hardest part is getting off a scheduled shift if something comes up. The technicians are great and hardworking.
technician
Technician (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJune 18, 2014
Pros: nice compensation
Cons: expensive insurance, stressful work environment, favoritism
This job is mindless and mind numbing, your honest input is not sought by management. There is endless discord between co-workers due to favoritism by supervisors. Your opinion is not valued unless you agree with upper management, the best part is the pay. This is an ideal job for someone fresh out of school looking for experience not a career
Excellent Company
Practice Operations/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJune 12, 2014
I loved working for this company, the only reason why I had to leave is my childcare provider could no longer watch my children due to cancer diagnosis and I needed to find a night job.

I got to float around and work with several of the doctors at their private offices. Management was great and the chance for advancement was endless.
Great hospital
Student Intern Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJune 4, 2014
recommend for anyone. great hospital to work at. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be careful of management
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJune 2, 2014
Management is not flexible. Management has not relationship with the employers. This is strickly the OR Services.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Annapolis, MarylandMay 27, 2014
Typical work day consist of getting report, medication pass, charting, rounding and educating the patient. Co-workers are always willing to help, lots of teamwork. The hardest part of the job is the long 12 hour shifts, but its not so bad once you get use to it. The most enjoyable part of the job is it is a nurse friendly facility. State of the art everything.
Large hospital with a community feel
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 26, 2014
An excellent place to have a baby. Great NICU and Labor and Delivery units.
Typical Day
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 29, 2014
Pros: down time
Cons: call outs
A typical day would be to come into work expecting something unexpected. Your day at work may have some decent down time to allow you to think and plan ahead but something usually goes wrong. Anything from call outs to something breaking down can go wrong.

1 2 3