Anne Arundel Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

found the workers not cooperative
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed my work, but because I came in with HVAC and other qualification that the other workers did not have, my work load was more. the problem was they did not want to help to get a job done that did not fall under their title. No team work at all. I did like my manager but it did not know how to correct the situation with the workers as he was new.
Pros
Likes what I did
Cons
no team work
Best in the area for employment
night shift Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 2, 2016
Positive and supportive work environment with a great team of co-workers. Techs and support staff first rate. Patient care comes first with the teams on the floor.
productive working environment with attention given to education
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 23, 2016
Anne Arundel is a high achieving hospital that needs more attention to employee satisfaction. the largest focus is patient satisfaction which is extremely important as well. Management has had a large turn around over the past year and is still having the kinks worked out. a number of people in management have advanced or resigned and is not settled in yet. There is great potential once it does. there are amazing people that are at AAMC and we have become great friends. the hardest part of the job is not always having enough resources to do the job or having to wait for those resources to become available. the most enjoyable part is learning new things. every week something that you may have never seen before comes up and it is always a learning curve, usually for the good.
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad insurance
Physical and Occupational Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work consists of ordering and processing items for the whole clinic. Learning consists of working well with other, team and group bonding. For management, I am the head tech which makes me a part of management.
Office Assistant (Current Employee)
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work will include checking in patients, scheduling patients, pulling charts for therapist the next day, make NEW charts for incoming, managing a waitlist for patients to get in when there is a cancellation.
The front office staff consists of about 10 ladies and 3 call center ladies. (mostly wonderful, as there are a few ladies that will agitate due to not working as a team )
The most enjoyable part about this job are the patients you work with, you socialize and begin to form relationships with the selected few. Helping older patients where it is needed in their schedule is very rewarding because they will express such gratitude. This job is not for you if you do not work hard or have empathy.
I enjoy my job and look forward to meeting new patients!
Pros
Patient interaction, networking, work experience
Cons
short lunch, low pay
Outpatient rehab
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 23, 2016
The outpatient rehab office is the worst. The front desk staff is out of control. I've never worked in such a disrespectful place. They're racist and very disrespectful. Management is terrible they are engaged in all the mess with the staff. I would never recommend anybody to work in this office. Trust me there is a reason why they can't keep any front office staff to stay.
Pros
Hours
Productive and challenging workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 19, 2016
Working on the Special Care unit, we had several different types of patients. We worked with patients who have dementia, psychiatric health conditions, drug addicts, critically ill patients, medical-surgical patients. I gained a lot of experience working on this unit. I also gained experience working with patients on stable ventilators, patients with tracheostomies, peg tubes, NG tubes, etc. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with combative patients. Safety always comes first, so I always made sure my patients were safe. The best part of my job was working with my coworkers and satisfying my patients. We always worked together as a team. It is very difficult to deal with some of these patients due to their underlying health conditions. Overall, I really enjoyed working for this hospital and unit. I have gained so much knowledge and have enhanced my nursing skills.
It's a wonderful place to have an internship at .
Labor and Delivery Intern (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 22, 2016
My supervisor and the staff are kind and very helpful to me when I need it . I enjoy my data entry tasks. I have learned how to navigate online databases. The enjoy interacting with the nurses on a regular basis.
Medical Office
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed working with patients. Overall a nice place to work. I like to deal with the public. The company has an outstanding reputation.
This place failed at every turn...do NOT work here...
NA (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 28, 2016
Cheated on wages, management does will prevent you from moving up/forward. Gossip is the real cancer. No one respects anyone.
Pros
No commute if you live in annapolis
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Anne Arundel Medical Center?

Ask a question
Patients are wonderful and Nurses and Co workers are wonderful
Respiratory Therapy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 1, 2016
Very busy place to work. Many areas to cover. Co workers really pitch in when the emergencies take place.
The equipment is great with the EPOC for arterial blood gas analysis.
Like working with the Servo I mechanical ventilator.
The respiratory office is a nice size and clean. Has multiple computers so staff can check their charting.
The medical charting system is called EPIC and it is very simple to use.
Pros
Monitors in all the patients rooms.
Cons
Personal benefits are below standard. ALso, the hospital is very far from my house.
Wonderful place to work. Patients are so appreciative of what we do for them.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Breast CenterMarch 1, 2016
I joined the Breast Center after working many years on an inpatient floor. I have to say the 2 world are completely different. The Hours are great, I can make it to my children's sports practices and games, and I still have time after work to do some errands. And I Love the fact I do not have to work weekends. The Doctors in this group are amazing, very caring and empathetic, you can actually tell the genuinely care for there patients and staff. The Staff is great, we work very well as a team and are very helpful always. The manager is very welcoming with any issues or concerns you may have, and works great with you to figure out a solution. Her door is always open. The workload is a good steady pace, which I love.I would say the hardest part of the job is definitely emotional based. Alot of the patients come in very scared and uncertain of what the next step is and you are with them from start to finish, you get to see the pros and cons, and emotionally sometimes that can take a toll on you. But it is so rewarding to see how much they appreciate the staff that followed them thru their journey. In general I love working here and do not dread going to work everyday anymore. .
Pros
Great Hours, Friendly doctors, Short commute(for me), Tuition Reimbursement, Employee pharmacy has great prices.
Cons
Insurance is not as great as I would hope it would be. High deductibles for insurance
Great work place, horrible staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 21, 2016
I worked at Anne arundel medical center in the surgical specialist office. The hours, compensation, benefits are great. The staff is another story. While working here for the 3 months i did, I was harassed constantly, I was belittled, lied on and blamed for things that had nothing to do with me. I went to the manager multiple times and the issue didn't get any better. 2 other girls left before me because they went through the same things as me. It's not okay, that they run people out of that office. The doctors treat you like trash as well. The office is unorganized, to many people doing the same job. The phones ring all day long. The nurses talk to you, as if you are dumb. No job is worth the stress! If you apply for the office assistant position at surgical specialist, I advised you to have tuff skin. There were times that I heard the other staff members in the back talking about me. One of the MA's said its not just you, they do it to everybody.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Horrible management and office staff
I love my job.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 3, 2015
Working at Anne Arundel Medical Center has been an honor. This company has positive empowerment to there staff. The team is great and that makes the job enjoyable. There are some tough days but the co-works and team makes everything better.
Staff Nurse-RN (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 17, 2015
Supervisor always willing to help out to find a solution to any problem whether it be personal or work related. Can always talk to her no matter the situation always and open door policy.
Pros
Positive work environment between staff and supervisor
Cons
overwork and understaffed at times
Fast paced and very people oriented enviornment
Clinical Escort/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 30, 2015
Worked very close with patients and their families. I learned how to deal with a lot of different personalities. my co-workers wee always very helpful. The environment was very busy at times but I enjoyed it as well as working with people. The worst part were all the sick patients.
Great place to grow
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 17, 2015
Fast paced, fun environment, job security, friendly co-workers

Most enjoyable: The laughs with the patients

Hardest: Being on the same page as team members

LOVE my supervisor
Pros
patient interaction, networking
Cons
short lunches, low pay
Great place with great people
Student Nurse/Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 28, 2015
I help manage patients as well as grow as a student nurse. The staff are helpful and the patients are diverse. This is a very conducive environment to grow as you desire.
management
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MaryandSeptember 14, 2015
Management was horrible. Our "manager" did no work whatsoever. A typical day for her was maybe 6 hours. Her big job was to turn the lamps on in the waiting room. Other than that she played candy crush on her phone, shopped on-line, planned her vacations (never worked for someone who took so many vacations) took 2 hour lunches . A hectic day for her would be the days she had to run to the mall to shop and have her nails done. A real wasted salary there!!!!! HORRIBLE!
Pros
Doctors I worked for were professional, great sense of humor and just a joy to work with/for
Cons
Useless manager and low pay.
Great Hospital!
Power Plant Operator/Stationary Engineer Maryland (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 26, 2015
AAMC is a state of the art health care facility that has spared no expense to make patient experience unlike many other hospitals. Our sprawling campus on the edge of historic Annapolis, MD. is a picturesque mini city that is practically a destination spot for tourists and hometown folk alike and provides every measure of care for those needing diagnostic, preventative and interventional treatments, including inpatient admission. Private patient rooms with all the amenities of most hotels and equipped with the latest, greatest Hill-Rom adjustable beds and non-evasive monitoring systems centralized to nurse stations, patient accommodations provide for the best possible outcomes for all admissions as well as a comfortable experience. The hospital is right next to MD RT 50, a main through-fare for the area which connects easily to most of the state's "Western Shore" region, as well as the nearby "Eastern Shore" residents in neighboring towns; Grasonville, Easton and Centerville . The hospital has also applied for to be a sanctioned heart center in the state of Maryland and offers helicopter transport for any procedure or situation that is better suited to a specialty institution
Pros
Financial well being and security
Cons
Inflexible work schedule that curtails a vibrant personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anne Arundel Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Anne Arundel Medical Center Reviews by Location