Anne Arundel Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive Day
Credentials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis MD 21401July 26, 2017
A typical work day may include answering the phones directing patients to area's in the hospital. Assisting physicians with there licensing information, or keeping them up to date with credentials, License, Insurance and patient feed back. I normally process between 5 -10 application a week while completing daily tasks of Observation request, parking issues, or general questions. Assist with minutes and clarification of information disbursed during credentials committee as when as the ethics committee. Prepare packets for upcoming meeting as well as pulling, finding and collaborating information and topics for the ethic committee to review.
Cons
consistant work.
Fun place to work/Patient focused
Charge RN Acute Care of the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21401July 20, 2017
Team oriented work environment, focused on patient care with positive patient outcomes. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team. Great management team.
great place
Environmental Attendant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21401July 20, 2017
they do everything by the book and are very good at handing out raises to those who the deserve them are constantly improving there workplace and there motto is employees first
Amazing Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 18, 2017
This was a great way for me to get a feel for the hospital atmosphere. I want to be a surgeon some day so I decided to get my community service hours volunteering for the emergency department at our hospital. The coworkers were nice and it really showed me how much I truly want to go into the medical field and help others. Great Opportunity.
Lack of Diversity
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 14, 2017
There are not enough African American nurses there. The African Americans hired tend to be secretaries, or techs. Janitors. There needs to be African Americans in management. In decision making roles. Not just white people. Management does not accurately reflect the diversity of the county.
Pros
Large endowment
Cons
Lack of diversity
Friendly enviroment
Accounts Payble Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 29, 2017
We all worked as a team each one has taught there jobs to everyone on the team just in case you was out and someone had to perform your role it was a very easy fix.
Diverse Workplace
Customer Service Representative II -Breast Center (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 23, 2017
Outstanding benefits
Safety provided
Always knew what you were assigned to do
Learned a wealth of healthcare knowledge
Creative and employee friendly.
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 17, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the other employees. They pick on each other, which makes the job that much harder to do. The workplace culture is not supportive.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Nonsupportive staff
Productive workplace with great potential for advancements
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomJune 5, 2017
Very friendly, helpful atmosphere. All staff is dedicated to the growth and health of the its members and patients. All staff members strive for excellence in all that they do.
Wonderful
Chemical Dependency Technician (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 27, 2017
Loved working here. The medical center overall is amazing. My supervisor and medical director were amazing and by far the best in all of my 20+ working years. Would definitely recommend AAMC as an employee as well as a patient.
Great place to work!
Primary Billing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 26, 2017
I wish that I did not have to leave the area. AAMC is a fantastic place to work. Employees are supported by management and treated with respect. I was provided with many opportunities during my time at AAMC and I am grateful for the experience. The AAMC community is great no matter which department you are a part of.
Great place to work, had great work experience
General Surgical Unit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 25, 2017
Worked here for 7 years. Had great work experience and enjoyed co-workers there. A typical work day included the floor nurse duties.I worked with a great team.
Pros
Great co-workers, great hospital
N/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 22, 2017
I did an awesome job there. I liked everyone and worked well with everyone. My patients loved me. My co-workers unhappy about my leaving. I was extremely contentious .
Family feel
Student Nurse PCT II (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 12, 2017
People are always eager to help and ensure that the patients needs are met. Teamwork is the best part about this company. It really is like a family there.
Great opportunity to grow
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 11, 2017
Anne Arundel Medical Center has many great opportunities to advance in your career. It's a fast pace environment with a lot of great people with a terrific benefit package.
Amazing
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 10, 2017
The people within the SAIL Center are just amazing. They answer any questions, help you with the innovative teaching techniques and there is always something new to be learned.
Proactive and productive
Educator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 8, 2017
very nice place to work. good management and more opportunity to grow. nice experience working there, diverse cultural environment. will recommend to everyone.
Good Company.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 4, 2017
Benefits is good.
Moving up the ladder is easy.
They care with their employees.
Safe environment.
Co workers care for each other.
Very easy to communicate with your team leaders.
Positive place of employment. Magnet Status Hospital
Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 3, 2017
CP Flex RN serving fast paced Women's and Children's Departments. L&D with over 5K births per year. I enjoyed the variety of patients as I served the NICU, Mother-Baby, Pediatrics and Peds ED, as well as Women's Surgical and Labor and Delivery.These positions allowed me to utilize all my knowledge in all the disciplines. Enjoyed the culture of providing patient and family centered care.
Pros
All positive!
Be Careful
RN (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 20, 2017
This OR does not have its act together to train new people. They have really high turnover and a lame method of evaluating and providing feedback to the point that you really don't know when you are doing well or not. I do NOT recommend this OR.
Pros
Located in Annapolis:)
Cons
Very difficult to succeed there.