Anoka Hennepin School District Employee Reviews in United States

An exilerated learning process
Tutor Connect (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNOctober 19, 2015
The young students I worked with were eager and dedicated. The reading comprehension program I offered to 3rd and 4th graders required work in spelling, reading games, strategy and patience.
Our manager was professional, caring and astute. My co-workers were diligent and committed to excellence. The most difficult part of the job was making sure they were attaining what they needed. They accomplished a good amount of work and that was my happiness. The most enjoyable was watching their grades improve along with their attitudes.
Pros
Enthusiastic students.
Cons
Seriously, their were no cons worth mentioning.
Amazing opportunities to work with children
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Various schools within the districtJune 4, 2015
I was a substitute paraprofessional. I worked with the teachers to help the students in the special education department. I would work with a group of children or one on one depending what was needed. I worked with a variety of ages, but I especially enjoyed the preschool children. I would play with them, get them ready for lunch, or gather them up for music time, I would read to them, and get them ready to go home.

It was a very satisfying job.
Pros
schedule
Cons
limited availability open positions
energetic busy place
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNJune 5, 2015
I work with children most days its dealing with students with special needs or children who have proven to be difficult. I have had the pleasure of learning skills to calm a situation and redirect. I have learned to work as a stronger team. I enjoy the fun and caring atmosphere provided. I enjoy the variety of coworkers I get to work with from young to old. The biggest struggle I would say would be to let go and not worry so much.
Awesome Job
Kids Stuff Part Time Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2015
Working for this company changed my life. This job was filled with amazing people, interesting experiences, and continued to build me each and every day.
Low pay for the staff at adventures plus program.short staff,management so so...
Sub (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNApril 14, 2014
Adventures Plus program before and after school for kids,is very low pay..lowest compared to surrounding districts.Very short staffed,management not well received...don't apply here..
Pros
part time
Cons
low pay
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse/Medical Careers Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMarch 30, 2015
Great job teaching students about healthcare.
Taught Nursing Assistant ti students that were planning on going into the Nursing field.
Great Place to work
Site Leader (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNNovember 14, 2013
Lots of fun every day interesting. Low compensation. Great place to learn and grown. Lots of growth opportunities with a low pay cap.
Fun work place
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Champlin, MNMay 18, 2012
Great place to work. Friendly co-workers and managers. Managers were helpful. The most enjoyable part was the people that you worked with. A number of different kinds of people and everyday was interesting.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
heavy lifting
Anoka Hennepin School District was a great place to work
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 22, 2012
The hardest part was the lacking of funding needed to provide adequate educational variations.
Pros
working with the staff
Cons
draining work
Tutor Connect
Tutor Connect (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNOctober 3, 2013
I always have fun and challenge my students. Anoka Hennepin School District is a good group to work for. They provide support and materials necessary for my success with students.
Schools Review
SPED Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Anoka MNJune 21, 2013
I enjoyed working at Anoka Hennipen in several different department and schools, this job also happens to be a job I picked up for a short time when I was cut from my job at APG.
working with special needs children
Substitue Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  District 11 schoolsSeptember 6, 2013
It is fun and rewarding to help children with special needs, and to help the teachers. Giving them an extra pair of hands comes in handy.

4.3