Anoka Technical College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great work experience
Writing Lab Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNSeptember 11, 2017
This was a great place to work while going to college. Flexible schedule and allowed you to help a large variety of clients. Great way to get to know many people.
Fun working, Fast paced, felt you were helping the students.
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNSeptember 2, 2017
I worked for this Dept for almost 1.5 years the supervisor was very approachable if you needed to adjust your hours according to your class schedule. I earned the respect of a lot of the other depts. so I was asked if I could help them out a lot of times. They were willing to sit down with me and explain new tasks they thought I could do.
Pros
flexible. boss was approachable. flexible schedule.
Cons
was temp so no healthcare, only could work set schedule
Provided help to students in need and monitored lab equipment.
Lab Assistant and Broadcast Caption Provier (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMay 16, 2017
I was able to provide help to beginning theory students who may have needed help getting through their beginning classes. By teaching, I was able to grasp the theory better by myself and work with instructors and was able to foster a better relationship. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach in a variety of different learning styles, but in that way, that made me a better stenograher.
Pros
It was a work/study program. Therefore, no travel was required.
Cons
I did have to stay at the college at all hours of the day and night.
Anoka Technical College is a great place to work.
Mn. - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNMarch 3, 2017
When I first started at Anoka Tech I taught some day classes and some night classes. I was full-time, so I taught from 16-19 credits. My classes consisted of Print Reading, Project Management and Estimating. Both commercial and residential construction. I taught students that had some construction experience and then there were some students right out of High School. The hardest part of my job was making sure I had the right text books and right software to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing students graduate from my class and get the job that they wanted.
A unique volunteer expericene
Peer Tutor and Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJanuary 23, 2017
This was a volunteer position while I was attending college. This position gave me the opportunity to step outside my comfort zone and encouraged me to share my knowledge with others. I was taught the inner workings of the education system. Staff was extremely helpful and listened to my ideas.
Productive and filled with new faces
Information Technology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNJune 28, 2016
A typical work day was filled with communication with many different students as they flowed in for tutoring. At times there weren't any students to help, so my time was occupied with tasks assigned by my supervisor. Some of these tasks included GoPiGo assembly or even network configurations.
not currently working
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Anoka Tech CollegeMay 25, 2015
I tutored nursing students in math for healthcare. It was a fun job helping others to pass their math requirements. I would also correct the homework that was turned every week.
It was fun, helping students
IT Tutor (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNDecember 20, 2014
Sometime its boring when all the student are having class, but when the class are done, some student needs help and i try to solve it fast so that i can help other student. I learned a lot when i was a tutor it give me a lots of ideas and techniques how to solve syntax errors or logical errors.
My co-worker is good we help each other and we shared ideas how we can fix code that are difficult. The hardest part of the job are when 3-5 students need your help at the same time with different coding style and spaghetti code and sometimes different computer language or different subjects.
The most enjoyable part of the job when I invite student to join in a group study I help them how to solve proper way and how to code in organize. We help each other and shared ideas how to solve problems.
Pros
it is fun.
Cons
no breaks
Typical day
College Lab Assisant II (Current Employee) –  weldingJuly 28, 2014
My typical day is never the same, for a couple of hours I may be helping students with variety of project. Next I am talking with business owners about donations or helping them find their next employee. This is followed by taking inventory of supplies and making sure equipment is operational
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
They talk about lay-off often
The job was seasonal.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMarch 7, 2013
Great job but there was no benefits and it was seasonal. I was a Public Welfare Financial Worker tutor for the college for as long as I was going there for school myself.
I would help other students that were going to school in the same field I was with their studies.