Antech Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

One of the worse jobs I've ever had
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
The pay is barely above fast food work and well below professional standards.

They expect 6 days of work a week and despite being scheduled for 8 hour shifts you will find yourself working 10-14 hours per shift.

I have never seen a place with such rapid turn over, multiple new hires and people quitting on a weekly basis.

This place is a joke, don't bother applying.
Pros
none what so ever.
Cons
seriously don't work here, you wont build your career from a place like this.
Personnel were technically excellent, very good at there jobs, and created a pleasurable work environment.
Measurement Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 16, 2016
The immediate management was excellent and very people oriented. The overseas management was a bit aloof, but were capable and considerate of all employees. The main contracts were through government agencies and therefore required a great deal of paperwork and interface with federal and state agencies. I became proficient at compiling special reports, applying for contracts, reviewing contracts, and coordinating support personnel.
Pros
Very supportive management and business organization.
Cons
None.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 20, 2016
I loved the nurses here. Everyone on the Oncology unit and in the doctors office felt like family. Nurses always help the CNAs on this floor. For the most part it is a laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Nurses who actually about their CNAs
Cons
Not feling appreciated by upper management
Driver
Driver/Private Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 2, 2016
Duties entailed driving to picking up samples from Veterinary Clinics around Wisconsin everyday and delivering them to laboratories. Calling into dispatch as well as keeping daily records of samples picked up and delivered.
Cool place to work
Lead Chemistry, Endocrinology, Serology Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 26, 2016
Ok place to work nice people to meet. Its ok if you have a car but is accessible by public transportation. Nice location, but its 3rd shift only. Nothing really hard but its very repeatitive
Poor management
Specimen processor (Former Employee) –  Southaven MississippiJanuary 15, 2016
This is not a good place to work management is not good the supervisor of processing is crazy she has no business being in the position of being a supervisor she's not a people person if they get the right supervisor in there it will be a better place to work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Extremely busy and inconsistent hours
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day was extremely busy with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. The hardest parts of the job was the inconsistent hours (up to 50 a week sometimes), and the fact the job was third-shift.
Pros
Nice people, plenty of hours
Cons
Short breaks, long days, inconsistent hours
Learned more about Microsoft Word and Transcribing in one short year than in 18 prior years!
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2016
The department supervisor is very well informed and trained on Word. She knows all the tips and tricks, especially those that are not well known which help transcriptionists get their work done faster. She not only talked the talk, but she walked the walk. She taught me a lot!

I also learned a lot about cold-blooded upper management - which I was warned about before I ever started working. They weren't kidding!

The worst part of my job was the hours I had to work (5 am - 2 pm) because no matter what I did, how much medication I took or how early I went to bed, I still fell asleep while sitting at my desk (home office). The 8-hours a day of doing one thing - all day, after 18 years of nothing but multi-tasking. There was also no opportunity for advancement.

The most enjoyable parts of my job were the steady and accurate paychecks, benefits and the Deeply Discounted Vet Care we received from the company owned vet clinics.
Pros
Discounted Vet Care
Cons
Early shift, Cold-blooded upper management, Uni-tasking
If you need it
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 3, 2016
This job works really well with my class schedule. It's 3rd shift and full time. There is always a need for new employees, because many people tend to move on after a year or two.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Great Place to Work
Systems Analyst and SKED Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 26, 2016
Typically an 8 hour day at the desk with some limited travel. Learned new software programs and served with many dedicated co-workers who lend their talents to a job that is challenging but fulfilling.
Great Benefits with tremendous downside
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day at work consist of rude clients and confusing management protocol. Very little training for such an important position.
Benefits
Cons
Disrespectful clients
Antech Diagnostics
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2016
The company demands a lot, but it is fairly easy to get your foot in the door and advance into management. Due to the 24 hour nature of the business, the work life balance is terrible but the pay almost makes up for it.
Fun place but no room for growth
Building Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 6, 2015
Working at Antech was a fairly easy and pleasant place to work, however growth potential and promotional opportunities were limited. Management was constantly changing while they never promoted for within the company.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
unpaid half hour lunch breaks
Great work environment for techs
Veterinary Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 22, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management team with room to grow within the company. There's the usual red tape and upper management politics, but that's expected within a company.
Understanding cooperative managment
Warehouse Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 30, 2015
Management is very understanding about life events and are willing to work with you regarding work place and home life balance
Excellent Work Experience
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 10, 2015
Great Management, constantly busy. I learned a tremendous amount about industry and working in a manufacturing environment.
Company changed hands. Lousy cheap owner
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 28, 2015
I worked this job for 7 years six days a week to be cut by new management to hire drivers for a cheaper rate. Best thing that ever happened. While on unemployment I was sent to Truck Driving School.I earned my CDL B and my husband and I became over the road team drivers and own our truck.
Pros
Freedom of no bosses
Cons
Winter driving
It was ok to work but the environment was kind of bad.
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJuly 10, 2015
It was an ok place to work. A typical work day was busy at all times. I had learned how to do various tests on blood samples. The management wasn't too good. The co-workers were alright to work with. The hardest part of job was working with some of the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was third shift and it was educational.
fun workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, IlOctober 19, 2015
Sometimes were showing favor towards different employees and had some issues with different people that was confusing in the work place enviroment
really fun workplace
Specimen processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYAugust 31, 2015
i always have the best day at work, whether its busy or not, i make the best out of it. the only issue is the overtime its equired it could take a toll on your private life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Antech Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.