Antech Systems, Inc.

Antech Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very work environment where multitasking is needed.
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 19, 2015
Pros: My pets are insured
Cons: Commute
1) Data Entry
2) I take over 200 calls a day
3) Fixing problems that may come up
4) Sending information to drivers
5) Training the newer employees
Graveyard shift
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Lake Success, NYApril 6, 2015
Worked the graveyard shift. Repetitive tasks on processing specimens. Long Commute to Lake Success, NY. Cool management and co-workers. No holidays or weekends.
Stressful working environment
Flunky (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 25, 2015
Innovative idea for a reference lab. Technically advanced compared to largest competitor. All 3rd shift workforce. Bad benefits, no shift differential, and low wages.
great
Client Services/ Dispatcher (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Client Services/ Dispatcher
With responsibilities that include the scheduling, scanning and tracking of Laboratory Shipments; checking cargo Air bills and route manifests. Dispatching drivers in areas of
New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and through out the East Coast
Very Fast-Paced Environment.
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Lake Success, New YorkFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break due to heavy work flow.
A typical work day can be very stressful. Depends on the work load.
A very different environment working with animal specimen. I must say that it was challenging and an excellent learning experience.
Management was accommodating. My co-workers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was a very heavy work flow, and not being able to take breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was a good sense of accomplishment, despite the heavy work load.
Benefits SUCK!!!!
CSR (Former Employee), Southaven MSDecember 12, 2014
Cons: no breaks, low pay
Management watches every move you make, lot of back biting...
Did not feel comfortable or safe. Kept the temp below zero at all times. Insurance was priced too high for the salary they pay.
AVOID THIS PLACE!
Veterinary Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILNovember 26, 2014
all the staff is horrile, they talk aout oe aother ehid their acks, ad act like highschoolers, if it wast ecause i was gettig paid i would swear i was i hischool all over agai. I usted myself all ight log while other employees just sat aroud talkig or preteded they had somethig to do. the supervisors ad leads take ause their power ad give all the specime processors the work they should e doig. i was miserale the whole year i worked there. it is ot worth it.
Was both efficient and fun
Parasitology Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: efficient, friendly, fun
Cons: employees taking advantage of lax workplace
Management worked hard and was not afraid to get on the floor to work with employees. You never saw them sitting idle, they were always working harder than anyone else. They tried hard to give employees time off when requested. The supervisor was always trying to find new and better ways to work and actually cared about the job. I learned more about parasites than I ever wanted to because the management was knowledgeable and never had a problem explaining. The hardest part of the job was being told to sacrifice the integrity of my work by going faster than i was comfortable with because of the work load.
Disappointed
Parasitology Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: better than having no job
Cons: working there
I worked here and was thrilled at first but the reality set in. They are about production numbers only! They don't care about the staff. There are no rewards from working there.
No room to advance and low pay
Data Entry (Former Employee), 1111 Marcus AvenueJuly 17, 2014
It was a night shift, so I typed for eight hours. I improved my typing speed. Management was minimal. Coworkers were so friendly and fun. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay awake all night. Most enjoyable part was going home to sleep.
Experience
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2014
Great experience to work.

Never worked at Lab before.

Met good people
A good place to work
Laboratory Supervisor / Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2014
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory.
Comes with Benefits
Most information is specific to the actual job.
High paced
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJune 7, 2014
Pros: great networking for potential in advancment in the medical field.
Cons: long working hours, and mandtory 2 hours overtime everyday.
I was able to work in a high paced environment. I used all my skills learned in EMT school.
Great Lab wit some of the best employees!!
Log-in Lead (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 6, 2014
Pros: good environment, fun work.
I loved my time with this company and would'nt trade it for the world, I made a few lifelong friends during my time with this company. The work environment was excellent, there was great leadership from majority of the upper-management!
Great Laboratory
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJune 1, 2014
Learned a lot on the Job. Great company to work for. Great staff and upper Management.
Not a good place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: people working there are friendly
Cons: less pay, no insurance and no job security
Management is not very dependable
There is no growth or advancement
fast pace
Lab tech (Current Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 27, 2014
nice place to work, with chance for advancement.to finish on time can be hard when there is a lot of work.
data entry
Data Entry (Current Employee), oakbrook,ilMarch 26, 2014
i go in each night and recieve the testing papers from clinics and enter them into the computer systen
Productive and efficient work place
Specimen Processor/Sorter (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 17, 2014
Antech was a laid back workplace despite being based on production.
terrible place
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 17, 2014
It was my job to stain histology slides, cover slip them, match them with paper work and pack them up to their respective doctors and pathologists. I don't mind doing hard work but I had to do all of this at the same time, with a massive work load. Antech cared more about getting the shipments out at a certain time, then doing an accurate job. Also, the paperwork was extremely disorganized and it took a lot of time to find the files. I was being called in to work 6 days a week, and on Sundays working ridiculous hours. My shift was supposed to be 12 pm to 8:30 pm but I freuqently have had to stay overtime. I'll take the money but I was accused of taking advantage of the system. There was just a ton of work and I wanted to do it right, not quicker. But for antech, it's all about the money.

What made me quit was that after I had stayed until 11 pm the night before, the next day, my boss said that you have to reduce your overtime. But.. the kind of job I had, I could not just leave, I had to get the packages packed up. He basically wanted me to sign out around 9 pm and just work for free. I should be fair- it was probably his boss from management that told him that they can't pay for that much overtime.

I was working my hardest and to be labelled as taking advantage of the system to get more overtime is extremely insulting. Some of the other issues I had was the attitude I got when I called in on a snow day. It was extremely icy, and because I work into the evening, I was concerned about getting home. Basically, my boss told me that everyone else is here, why am I not here. No concern for my safety with this nasty attitude.

Anyways,
I lasted almost 3 months, and I burned out. It was very stressful going to work and I would NOT recommend this place at all. The other employees were nice, but they seemed very over worked and did not enjoy being there. Too much is expected of people there, and there is a lot of tension there.

June 27, 2014

Did anyone else have this experience? This was at new hyde park, ny but I'm guessing it is very similarly stressful.

1 2 3 4