Antech Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible work
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 21, 2017
Thuis company does not appreciate their hard workers. The pay does not come close to what you deserve for working there, Management is rude and does not take their employess ideas into consideration.
Hematology Lead/Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 23, 2017
This lab is unorganized. Upper management care less about their employees. There is no room for advancement and there is no training that is provided properly.
Great atmosphere
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 8, 2016
This is a good company to work for. Everyone is so friendly and if you need help with anything, someone is always offering a helping hand. As well you learn something new every time you work; from life skills to about different policies.
Workable
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILSeptember 13, 2016
processed specimens. this was not the easiest working job but i was able to deal with it until i found another. The hardest part of the job i would say was the administration. they werent understanding to peoples schedules they let us go when they wanted
Great Environment but not for long term
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYAugust 18, 2016
Great place to gain experience and skillset. Wonderful co-workers. Flexible scheduling. Management is horrible and doesn't solve problems. Unrealistic expectations on their part. Teamwork happened and work got done well when Management not around and employees left alone. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Vet Benefits
Cons
Management, No career advance, Pay
Awful work environment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed the work, but the people were horrible. We all processed specimens first, then went on to our individual jobs. Once we were finished with our responsibilities, we were supposed to help those that were not done, which was great, but my particular co-workers were not interested in helping each other out. I had a co-worker threaten me with violence, and when I told my manager about it, she asked what I did to prompt it and then told me to deal with it myself. After several more instances of threatening behavior and reporting it to management, my manager turned on me and engaged in bullying behavior herself. I was very ill one evening and tried to come to work anyway, but after vomiting several times, I went home. I was reprimanded for not staying and no one seemed concerned about my health. The pay was barely above minimum wage and not nearly enough to put up with that kind of environment. I will never recommend Antech to anyone, nor will I consider employment with them again.
Pros
always busy
Cons
Terrible management, awful staff, they promote quantity over quality
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 20, 2016
I loved the nurses here. Everyone on the Oncology unit and in the doctors office felt like family. Nurses always help the CNAs on this floor. For the most part it is a laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Nurses who actually about their CNAs
Cons
Not feling appreciated by upper management
Fast Paced Workplace
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 6, 2016
I was introduced to being an animal lover, after working for this company. I enjoyed being able to test animals specimen.
Pros
Being able to help all animals
Cons
No room for Growth
If you need it
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 3, 2016
This job works really well with my class schedule. It's 3rd shift and full time. There is always a need for new employees, because many people tend to move on after a year or two.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Driver
Driver/Private Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 2, 2016
Duties entailed driving to picking up samples from Veterinary Clinics around Wisconsin everyday and delivering them to laboratories. Calling into dispatch as well as keeping daily records of samples picked up and delivered.
One of the worse jobs I've ever had
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
The pay is barely above fast food work and well below professional standards.

They expect 6 days of work a week and despite being scheduled for 8 hour shifts you will find yourself working 10-14 hours per shift.

I have never seen a place with such rapid turn over, multiple new hires and people quitting on a weekly basis.

This place is a joke, don't bother applying.
Pros
none what so ever.
Cons
seriously don't work here, you wont build your career from a place like this.
Learned more about Microsoft Word and Transcribing in one short year than in 18 prior years!
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2016
The department supervisor is very well informed and trained on Word. She knows all the tips and tricks, especially those that are not well known which help transcriptionists get their work done faster. She not only talked the talk, but she walked the walk. She taught me a lot!

I also learned a lot about cold-blooded upper management - which I was warned about before I ever started working. They weren't kidding!

The worst part of my job was the hours I had to work (5 am - 2 pm) because no matter what I did, how much medication I took or how early I went to bed, I still fell asleep while sitting at my desk (home office). The 8-hours a day of doing one thing - all day, after 18 years of nothing but multi-tasking. There was also no opportunity for advancement.

The most enjoyable parts of my job were the steady and accurate paychecks, benefits and the Deeply Discounted Vet Care we received from the company owned vet clinics.
Pros
Discounted Vet Care
Cons
Early shift, Cold-blooded upper management, Uni-tasking
Cool place to work
Lead Chemistry, Endocrinology, Serology Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 26, 2016
Ok place to work nice people to meet. Its ok if you have a car but is accessible by public transportation. Nice location, but its 3rd shift only. Nothing really hard but its very repeatitive
Personnel were technically excellent, very good at there jobs, and created a pleasurable work environment.
Measurement Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 16, 2016
The immediate management was excellent and very people oriented. The overseas management was a bit aloof, but were capable and considerate of all employees. The main contracts were through government agencies and therefore required a great deal of paperwork and interface with federal and state agencies. I became proficient at compiling special reports, applying for contracts, reviewing contracts, and coordinating support personnel.
Pros
Very supportive management and business organization.
Cons
None.
Great Benefits with tremendous downside
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day at work consist of rude clients and confusing management protocol. Very little training for such an important position.
Benefits
Cons
Disrespectful clients
Great Place to Work
Systems Analyst and SKED Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 26, 2016
Typically an 8 hour day at the desk with some limited travel. Learned new software programs and served with many dedicated co-workers who lend their talents to a job that is challenging but fulfilling.
Poor management
Specimen processor (Former Employee) –  Southaven MississippiJanuary 15, 2016
This is not a good place to work management is not good the supervisor of processing is crazy she has no business being in the position of being a supervisor she's not a people person if they get the right supervisor in there it will be a better place to work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Extremely busy and inconsistent hours
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day was extremely busy with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. The hardest parts of the job was the inconsistent hours (up to 50 a week sometimes), and the fact the job was third-shift.
Pros
Nice people, plenty of hours
Cons
Short breaks, long days, inconsistent hours
Antech Diagnostics
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2016
The company demands a lot, but it is fairly easy to get your foot in the door and advance into management. Due to the 24 hour nature of the business, the work life balance is terrible but the pay almost makes up for it.
Understanding cooperative managment
Warehouse Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 30, 2015
Management is very understanding about life events and are willing to work with you regarding work place and home life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Antech Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.