Antech Systems, Inc.

Antech Systems, Inc. Employer Reviews

AVOID THIS PLACE!
Veterinary Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILNovember 26, 2014
all the staff is horrile, they talk aout oe aother ehid their acks, ad act like highschoolers, if it wast ecause i was gettig paid i would swear i was i hischool all over agai. I usted myself all ight log while other employees just sat aroud talkig or preteded they had somethig to do. the supervisors ad leads take ause their power ad give all the specime – more... processors the work they should e doig. i was miserale the whole year i worked there. it is ot worth it. – less
Was both efficient and fun
Parasitology Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: efficient, friendly, fun
Cons: employees taking advantage of lax workplace
Management worked hard and was not afraid to get on the floor to work with employees. You never saw them sitting idle, they were always working harder than anyone else. They tried hard to give employees time off when requested. The supervisor was always trying to find new and better ways to work and actually cared about the job. I learned more about – more... parasites than I ever wanted to because the management was knowledgeable and never had a problem explaining. The hardest part of the job was being told to sacrifice the integrity of my work by going faster than i was comfortable with because of the work load. – less
Disappointed
Parasitology Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: better than having no job
Cons: working there
I worked here and was thrilled at first but the reality set in. They are about production numbers only! They don't care about the staff. There are no rewards from working there.
No room to advance and low pay
Data Entry (Former Employee), 1111 Marcus AvenueJuly 17, 2014
It was a night shift, so I typed for eight hours. I improved my typing speed. Management was minimal. Coworkers were so friendly and fun. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay awake all night. Most enjoyable part was going home to sleep.
Experience
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2014
Great experience to work.

Never worked at Lab before.

Met good people
A good place to work
Laboratory Supervisor / Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2014
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory.
Comes with Benefits
Most information is specific to the actual job.
High paced
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJune 7, 2014
Pros: great networking for potential in advancment in the medical field.
Cons: long working hours, and mandtory 2 hours overtime everyday.
I was able to work in a high paced environment. I used all my skills learned in EMT school.
Great Lab wit some of the best employees!!
Log-in Lead (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 6, 2014
Pros: good environment, fun work.
I loved my time with this company and would'nt trade it for the world, I made a few lifelong friends during my time with this company. The work environment was excellent, there was great leadership from majority of the upper-management!
Great Laboratory
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJune 1, 2014
Learned a lot on the Job. Great company to work for. Great staff and upper Management.
Not a good place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: people working there are friendly
Cons: less pay, no insurance and no job security
Management is not very dependable
There is no growth or advancement
fast pace
Lab tech (Current Employee), Decatur, GAMarch 27, 2014
nice place to work, with chance for advancement.to finish on time can be hard when there is a lot of work.
data entry
Data Entry (Current Employee), oakbrook,ilMarch 26, 2014
i go in each night and recieve the testing papers from clinics and enter them into the computer systen
Productive and efficient work place
Specimen Processor/Sorter (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 17, 2014
Antech was a laid back workplace despite being based on production.
terrible place
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 17, 2014
It was my job to stain histology slides, cover slip them, match them with paper work and pack them up to their respective doctors and pathologists. I don't mind doing hard work but I had to do all of this at the same time, with a massive work load. Antech cared more about getting the shipments out at a certain time, then doing an accurate job. Also, – more... the paperwork was extremely disorganized and it took a lot of time to find the files. I was being called in to work 6 days a week, and on Sundays working ridiculous hours. My shift was supposed to be 12 pm to 8:30 pm but I freuqently have had to stay overtime. I'll take the money but I was accused of taking advantage of the system. There was just a ton of work and I wanted to do it right, not quicker. But for antech, it's all about the money.

What made me quit was that after I had stayed until 11 pm the night before, the next day, my boss said that you have to reduce your overtime. But.. the kind of job I had, I could not just leave, I had to get the packages packed up. He basically wanted me to sign out around 9 pm and just work for free. I should be fair- it was probably his boss from management that told him that they can't pay for that much overtime.

I was working my hardest and to be labelled as taking advantage of the system to get more overtime is extremely insulting. Some of the other issues I had was the attitude I got when I called in on a snow day. It was extremely icy, and because I work into the evening, I was concerned about getting home. Basically, my boss told me that everyone else is here, why am I not here. No concern for my safety with this nasty attitude.

Anyways,
I lasted almost 3 months, and I burned out. It was very stressful going to work and I would NOT recommend this place at all. The other employees were nice, but they seemed very over worked and did not enjoy being there. Too much is expected of people there, and there is a lot of tension there. – less

June 27, 2014

Did anyone else have this experience? This was at new hyde park, ny but I'm guessing it is very similarly stressful.

Great company to work for
Part-time courier for Veterinarian Hospitals (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2014
Co-workers are great, the clientele are awesome, management works to make everything run smooth
Steady work
Data Entry Operator (Part-Time) (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYMarch 7, 2014
I like working at Antech Diagnostics because the workflow is steady and continuous.
I really enjoyed working at Antech. Very fun job.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 4, 2014
I worked third shift, and really liked it there. Very low stress, although very high volume. I streamlined the department and improved turn around times, and decreased overt time. I had to move back to Oklahoma to care for a terminally ill family member.
THIS IS ABOUT THE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: there were a few employees who genuinely cared about doing a good job.
Cons: poor management, no control over the employees, dirty environment.
There are many Antech's, some have to do with lab work or veterinary medicine, but this review is about the construction company.

Probably the biggest problem is the weak and ineffectual management at the top makes for a miserable job experience. I stayed less than a month because I could not stand the A). yelling; B). lying; C). filthy work environment.Yes, – more... people regularly scream at each other, especially management.

The most ruthless and despicable employees are favored while the rest suffer. In my short time there, three people gave notice and not one had been there longer than six months. The culture can best be described as dysfunctional and backstabbing. In the job I had, no one had stayed longer than six months for the previous three years, people routinely quit their first week on the job. – less
Wonderful people in a great industry
CRM Administrator (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: casual dress, dog friendly office, outgoing and positive people
Cons: going through some growing pains integrating throughout the different organizations.
Some of the best people I've met are at Sound-Eklin. The industry is rewarding if you like animals and the office environment is dog friendly. Very outgoing and semi casual environment. There are some challenges that are being addressed with operational inefficiency but do to the outstanding quality of the people therein, solutions are always found.
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2013
The company did not have a good management team. open door polices is what i was used to from past jobs.

1 2 3