Antech Systems, Inc.

Antech Systems, Inc. Employer Reviews

data entry
Data Entry (Current Employee), oakbrook,ilMarch 26, 2014
i go in each night and recieve the testing papers from clinics and enter them into the computer systen
Productive and efficient work place
Specimen Processor/Sorter (Former Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 17, 2014
Antech was a laid back workplace despite being based on production.
terrible place
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 17, 2014
It was my job to stain histology slides, cover slip them, match them with paper work and pack them up to their respective doctors and pathologists. I don't mind doing hard work but I had to do all of this at the same time, with a massive work load. Antech cared more about getting the shipments out at a certain time, then doing an accurate job. Also, – more... the paperwork was extremely disorganized and it took a lot of time to find the files. I was being called in to work 6 days a week, and on Sundays working ridiculous hours. My shift was supposed to be 12 pm to 8:30 pm but I freuqently have had to stay overtime. I'll take the money but I was accused of taking advantage of the system. There was just a ton of work and I wanted to do it right, not quicker. But for antech, it's all about the money.

What made me quit was that after I had stayed until 11 pm the night before, the next day, my boss said that you have to reduce your overtime. But.. the kind of job I had, I could not just leave, I had to get the packages packed up. He basically wanted me to sign out around 9 pm and just work for free. I should be fair- it was probably his boss from management that told him that they can't pay for that much overtime.

I was working my hardest and to be labelled as taking advantage of the system to get more overtime is extremely insulting. Some of the other issues I had was the attitude I got when I called in on a snow day. It was extremely icy, and because I work into the evening, I was concerned about getting home. Basically, my boss told me that everyone else is here, why am I not here. No concern for my safety with this nasty attitude.

Anyways,
I lasted almost 3 months, and I burned out. It was very stressful going to work and I would NOT recommend this place at all. The other employees were nice, but they seemed very over worked and did not enjoy being there. Too much is expected of people there, and there is a lot of tension there. – less
Great company to work for
Part-time courier for Veterinarian Hospitals (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2014
Co-workers are great, the clientele are awesome, management works to make everything run smooth
Steady work
Data Entry Operator (Part-Time) (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYMarch 7, 2014
I like working at Antech Diagnostics because the workflow is steady and continuous.
I really enjoyed working at Antech. Very fun job.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 4, 2014
I worked third shift, and really liked it there. Very low stress, although very high volume. I streamlined the department and improved turn around times, and decreased overt time. I had to move back to Oklahoma to care for a terminally ill family member.
THIS IS ABOUT THE CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: there were a few employees who genuinely cared about doing a good job.
Cons: poor management, no control over the employees, dirty environment.
There are many Antech's, some have to do with lab work or veterinary medicine, but this review is about the construction company.

Probably the biggest problem is the weak and ineffectual management at the top makes for a miserable job experience. I stayed less than a month because I could not stand the A). yelling; B). lying; C). filthy work environment.Yes, – more... people regularly scream at each other, especially management.

The most ruthless and despicable employees are favored while the rest suffer. In my short time there, three people gave notice and not one had been there longer than six months. The culture can best be described as dysfunctional and backstabbing. In the job I had, no one had stayed longer than six months for the previous three years, people routinely quit their first week on the job. – less
Wonderful people in a great industry
CRM Administrator (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: casual dress, dog friendly office, outgoing and positive people
Cons: going through some growing pains integrating throughout the different organizations.
Some of the best people I've met are at Sound-Eklin. The industry is rewarding if you like animals and the office environment is dog friendly. Very outgoing and semi casual environment. There are some challenges that are being addressed with operational inefficiency but do to the outstanding quality of the people therein, solutions are always found.
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2013
The company did not have a good management team. open door polices is what i was used to from past jobs.
Fund and productive place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORDecember 11, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: advancement
*8-10 physical visits a day to doctors.
*How to prospect and maintain business
*Work for a great manager
*Good co-workers
*Company Focus
*Prospecting, and providing growth opportunities for clients
Very Productive, Job Security
Data Entry Operator/Specimen Processor I (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours, no saturday's off
Well a typical day starts off by greeting and assisting couriers, receiving specimens for count down, then distribution to employees for break-down processing, scanning & keying, work balancing, booking. Minimumn supervision was needed because the job was somewhat simple but kinda (nasty) if you have a weak stomach in dealing with specimens. It was – more... definitely a daily learning experience though. New breeds & new diseases to be discovered. The hardest part of the job was not getting Saturday's off EVER! This made it difficult to plan barbques, & other outings with your family on the weekend. Plus it was a 3rd shift position making it even harder. The most enjoyalbe part was we were thought about having pot luck's, lab week, prizes given to encourage employees dispite the hard work that was constanly on us. But it was great job security! – less
Animal Laboratory
Specimen Processing Lead (Former Employee), Irving, TexasNovember 2, 2013
Management did not have an open door policy, no incentives, no room for career advancement
Fun place to work
Clerical (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: food truck would come, free coffee, breakfast on fridays
I have nothing negative to say about Antech! It was the best thing and experience ever. The people were so nice and friendly. They would help you if you needed help with something, and treated me nice. I loved everything about it, the vibe, environment, people, workplace!
Productive workplace
Lab Distributor (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYOctober 29, 2013
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
I would organize and file specimen blocks.
Prepare slides to be billed and shipped to pathologist.
AN AWFUL PLACE TO WORK
Specimen Processor (Current Employee), southaven, msOctober 22, 2013
Pros: non pros
Cons: work hours, managers, no off days
NO raises, biased HR who shows favoritism. A president who talks to employees like they are nothing. You work until you finish so there is no set schedule. Sometimes there is not enough work so you barely get 8 hrs. This company shows no loyalty to employees, firing people who have worked there for years.
demanding yet rewarding
Lead Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, GASeptember 13, 2013
production job that is demanding yet rewarding. come to work ready to hump . The people are good to work with.
Pleasant place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Smyrna, GASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: a pleasant working enviroment
Cons: it was a very trying drive. i believe it was forty miles one way. the traffic was terrible.
This was like a CDC for animal testing. I enjoyed the work. It was on first shift. This was the shift I was hunting at the time. My Children were teenagers and I needed to be at home at night. I enjoyed working there. I learned different things about animal fluids compared to humans. Really not much difference.
Allowed me to be out driving, listening to music in my car and three hour work days
Courier (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VirginiaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good pay for short work days
Cons: never got a vacation
Antech Diagnostics got stricter with us as the economy dipped, and forced needless requirements my last year (ID badges, use of Blackberry phones to enter totals, printing daily route sheets)
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis,TNAugust 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor communication
Energetic place wit complicate job requirements. Very educational and there is always something new to learn.
warehouse supervisor
Warehouse Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee), Southaven, MSAugust 3, 2013
Dealing with customers, sales reps, managing employees, data entry, purchasing, inventory control, shipping and receiving. The hardest part of the job is not being allowed to give my employees the raises they deserve. The most enjoyable is dealing with people. I don't meet strangers.

1 2 3