Antelope Valley College

Antelope Valley College Employer Reviews

Loved working with the IT team. Great Job for a student
Computer Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: breaks are fair, people are great
Checked students in and out of computers. Assisted them with computers and school related matters.
Fun place to work where I learned a lot.
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 16, 2014
They worked around my schedule so I had time to take classes. Management always keep workers well informed. They tried their best to treat everyone equally.
Tutor
Reading tutor (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: hours
I would help the students with a certain class at the college.
Calm and easygoing place to work.
Student worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, caMay 9, 2014
The environment was always real comforting and quiet. The students usually were respectful and if they weren't the supervisors were always there to assist. It was an excellent job to have, especially when I was a full time student.
Fun great place to work
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: management is nice
Cons: late hours
Work with a bunch of great people. Definitely willing to help the new employees out.
great place to work, fast pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, make good friends, holidays
hard working staff, policies and procedures always changing, multi-tasking all the time, co-workers were awesome and fun to work with.
College
Student Worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 1, 2013
Very nice company to work for! It just sucks that they dont offer and good benifits!
Productive and Organized workplace
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed teaching. I learned that most people have a desire to learn. I loved the creativity of planning assignments. I did not like all of the time spent preparing for class that was unpaid. I typical day was lecturing, planning assignments and grading. I was also a mentor.
Specialist assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: temporary position
Client Services, Co-workers were awesome, Great Boss, The jobs is not hard, Liked working for this company
Friendly staff and flexible hours
General Tutor (Psychology/ASL) (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, friendly environment, good feeling, etc.
Cons: limited amount of hours, minimum wage, etc.
Working with peers to help them realize the potential inside of themselves is very fulfilling. I did not just tutor in the subject, I tutored for a lifetime of learning. My boss and the fellow tutors were intelligent and cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the job was when students came back from class, excited that they were able to do things independently.
great work enviorment
Library assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 11, 2013
I stay busy, I help student order books. I worked 5 days a week.
Productive great place to sit down and have some yogurt
Child/Family/School Social Worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 6, 2013
Everyday i came to work was a great and enjoyable moment. I learned so much in the little amount of time i worked there before the store closed for good. I loved my store manager she was wonderful. i had get co-workers we all were team players. the hardest part of the job was not having the flavor yogurt the customers wanted and the most enjoyable part – more... of the job was when the customer came in and ask for me. – less
Spanish Tutor
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Lancaster, California.November 3, 2013
I was tutoring College students in Spanish language; it was an enjoyable part-time work that gave me experience as a tutor with student older than me.
the Counseling Depatment was a great place to work, and learn
Peer Counselor (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great staff, great students
Cons: i really didnt care for living in lancaster
overall I learned alot, and meet alot of good people. the most enjoyable part of the job was assisting others in furthering their career
Fun place to work
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not enough pay
Worked with some classmates as I was a student on campus. Some the best menus! Nothing too difficult about the job. Liked the flexibility of the schedule for the most part until my school schedule took precedence over work
avc
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 29, 2013
Pros: free school swag
Cons: limited funding to work there
a typical would be answering phones, filing, calling students back . this place has taught me to think fast on my feet when helping others. the co worker were extremely nice ad friendly. this was an amazing experience to be in.
Was only a short temporary position.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: it was a temporary position
Was a pleasant work environment and all the staff were professional. Work was already set up and was easy to maintain.
Getting paid to play a sport
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: getting to keep a childhood game that i love as a job.
Cons: only being able to get paid for a hundred days .
A typical day on the job for me would different based on the time of the year. The job is more or less seasonal even though it is a year long job. During the season months of baseball ,which would be January thru June the days are ; game days leaving the school around eight game starts at two and home around nine. Within this time frame I have under – more... my direct supervision thirty five young adults from the age of eight teen up the of thirty. I love the job for one its a game that i grew up watching and playing ,but two i get to be around young adults that i get to help guide them as they deal with a wide range of emotions.Thru the guidance of the management staff of antelope Valley College I feel I have learned a great deal of character and leadership skills that I will be able to use in any new challenges that life might throw at me. The hardest part of the job is that it is only seasonal meaning i only get paid for a hundred days of the year. – less
Productive Job site
Student Worker (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 9, 2013
I have not used this site for long, but so far this site seems helpful, useful, and beneficial.
Great place, great staff
Student Worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 23, 2012
Pros: able to help others
Cons: lack of funding for different programs
Great place to work if you love helping people. It gave me experience in converting books to different formats.