Antelope Valley College

Antelope Valley College Employee Reviews

Fulfilling academics and positive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: free drinks, being a part of the team
Cons: part-time only
Managing a work and school schedule was a very positive challenge, The hardest part of the job was opening up, because there were many things to get prepared within 30 minutes. What I enjoyed most was my interaction with the customers, whether staff or student, I got great satisfaction from knowing they were satisfied. I enjoyed working with the whole cafeteria staff. Although there are three sections to the cafeteria, we all worked together as a team.
productive workplace
Computer-lab student worker (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 1, 2015
Securing a job with a college or university can bring about many years of experience for any individual who wants to provide a service for which most will be compensated 10 times over for a job well done.
Awesome
Student (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Antelope Valley College was a great start to my education. Met some awesome professors and learned a great deal about Journalism. FYI I do not work here, just prior student.
AVC
Event Coordinator & Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAFebruary 16, 2015
The school has student workers, the pay is minimum, but they do work great with your schedule. Great work experience in many different fields. Not much room for promotion.
Good Place
Clerical Support (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Good place to work. Typical day various from position to position. I have learned general clerical duties. Well managed. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part is not being able to help someone. Most enjoyable is when I get someone a job.
Productive and fun workplace using Bilingual Skills
Teacher Aide I (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: utilizing bilingual skills
Cons: constant hours
Overall it was an excellent job and I would love to obtain a similar position again.
Great people, and environment for an efficient staff
Student Worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, great staff, fair break times, great people
Cons: counselors hard on us from get go, little room for error, unreasonable student complaints and rants
Everyday we would file around the clock, make appointments with counselors specific to a type of disability and speak to students of benefits they can receive to enable them into the program. Constant updating of student files was essential for future appointments and the next step in their education. I learned that working together as a team can be the best way to get the job done. Although the counselors were hard on us to begin with, it was necessary to learn the key skills needed to keep up with appointments and deadlines. The most difficult part of the job was calming down a situation where a student did not get what they wanted by the deadline, but the majority of the time the workplace was calm and a great learning environment. The most enjoyable experience was getting to know everyone and the students we were there to help. It was a very fulfilling experience.
college review
Clerical Assistant III (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 6, 2014
The college has a lot of great people working to provide services to students. My particular manager was very hard to work for and played favorites with all of her staff. I was challenged with every project I tried to work on and in the end, I was let go because of a personal reason. Other departments may operate more efficiently, but I did not receive that experience.
College tutor
TUTOR (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not always enough students to tutor
Assisting students with creative writing, essay papers, using question/answer technique for helping develop thesis, body, and conclusion to papers in both MLA and APA formats. Assist with grammar, sentence structure, and outlining. I also tutored Nursing and Pre-Nursing students dosage calculation for nurses. I learned how to use tutoring skills in all forms of educational processes even with my own child. Management was nice and flexible with work schedule. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Sometimes it was difficult with second language students in getting them to understand how to write in English other than how they speak the language. The most enjoyable part was watching student get the concepts taught.
NA
Admissions & Records Clerk (Former Employee), Lancaster, CaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: low pay and not enough hours
First to learn a new software system but worked alone. I enjoyed working with some of the people and management, but did not get enough hours.
Loved working with the IT team. Great Job for a student
Computer Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: breaks are fair, people are great
Checked students in and out of computers. Assisted them with computers and school related matters.
Fun place to work where I learned a lot.
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 16, 2014
They worked around my schedule so I had time to take classes. Management always keep workers well informed. They tried their best to treat everyone equally.
Tutor
Reading tutor (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: hours
I would help the students with a certain class at the college.
Calm and easygoing place to work.
Student worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, caMay 9, 2014
The environment was always real comforting and quiet. The students usually were respectful and if they weren't the supervisors were always there to assist. It was an excellent job to have, especially when I was a full time student.
Fun great place to work
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: management is nice
Cons: late hours
Work with a bunch of great people. Definitely willing to help the new employees out.
great place to work, fast pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, make good friends, holidays
hard working staff, policies and procedures always changing, multi-tasking all the time, co-workers were awesome and fun to work with.
College
Student Worker (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 1, 2013
Very nice company to work for! It just sucks that they dont offer and good benifits!
Productive and Organized workplace
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed teaching. I learned that most people have a desire to learn. I loved the creativity of planning assignments. I did not like all of the time spent preparing for class that was unpaid. I typical day was lecturing, planning assignments and grading. I was also a mentor.
Specialist assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 13, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: temporary position
Client Services, Co-workers were awesome, Great Boss, The jobs is not hard, Liked working for this company
Friendly staff and flexible hours
General Tutor (Psychology/ASL) (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, friendly environment, good feeling, etc.
Cons: limited amount of hours, minimum wage, etc.
Working with peers to help them realize the potential inside of themselves is very fulfilling. I did not just tutor in the subject, I tutored for a lifetime of learning. My boss and the fellow tutors were intelligent and cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the job was when students came back from class, excited that they were able to do things independently.

Antelope Valley College Salaries