Antelope Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

working at AVH
RN (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 28, 2015
Tough place to work. Challenging culture. Great service to community to serve and work here but you can't count on AVH to give you any sense of job satisfaction.
fun supporting staff with large amount of knowledge thoughout.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: the collaboration among all nurse.
Cons: Nothing negative to say. grateful for the opportuntiy, especially because i was a new graduate.
I was a new graduate from Nursing school. The exposure I received at Antelope Valley Hospital and ICU department was a bliss. Excellent orientation format with computer, department equipment, and patient setting. Great collaboration between all nurses and no individuality. The big picture in this Unit was obviously to optimize Patient care and support family needs and reassurance.
Av Hospital is good when it good and when it's bad it horrible.
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee), lancaster caJuly 24, 2015
Working here it fun because of the huge staff you get to make a lot of friends, but it is all politics (brown nosing) and if your aren't to good at that then be prepared to be suck in the same department for a long time, I got four transfer potions to move up and each time the day of my transfer the all of a sudden got denied.
Director, EVS/ Linen/PatientTransport (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: tough area to recruit too
great people to work with nursing staff, Dr's, and most other depts within AVH. also a great patient center care hospital and culture. High turn over in administration/Senior leadership. Strong relationship with the Unions CNA and SEIU.
GOODLOVE WORKING FOR AV HOSPITAL WAS ABLE TO DO BED SIDE NURSING LOVE GREETING MY PATIENT LEARN SO MUCH WORKING IN A ACUTE SETTING i WOULD ARRIVE AT A
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: GOOD
Cons: GOOD
LOVE WORKING FOR AV HOSPITAL WAS ABLE TO DO BED SIDE NURSING LOVE GREETING MY PATIENT LEARN SO MUCH WORKING IN A ACUTE SETTING i WOULD ARRIVE AT A WORK MAKE ROUND S WITH THE NURSE TECH THAT GIVING REPORT ON MY PATIENTS
Nurses are good to each other, management is not. Head of nursing was not someone who was there for you at all.
RN (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 16, 2015
If you live in the area it is better than driving an hour to work. Teamwork among nursing but management was always trying to take benefits away.
Satisfactory
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great staff I was in charge of
Cons: long hours and long commute
Satisfactory for the time I worked there.
Multiple administration changes ; however, major steps taken to improve the working culture over the past year

Improved management skills with the help and support of administration
Very busy. Great co-workers.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 27, 2015
High turnover rate in our department. Short staffed. Great teamwork among fellow employees, even when working 16 to 20 hours without a lunch break. Good opportunity for overtime
fun work experience
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAFebruary 12, 2015
very busy all day but very fun overall, learned to multi task. the hardest part of the day would be the phone calls and trying to figure out what the problems were.
All Neutral
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 14, 2014
Just a neutral review. I enjoy working with people and helping people. I tried my best to help as many people as I could.
Busy busy busy. This ER is the busiest ER in LA County for our population.
Emergency Dept. LVN (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 8, 2014
What an experience this job was. Being so busy, we were constantly on the move. No slow walkers here! We saw every thing imaginable in the ER. I learned from first meeting your patient to admitting them and actually transporting them upstairs to their room. Since I worked nights, transportation department was limited with helping us. I learned so much from this job. We even had patients that couldn't get admitted in time so we had dialysis done right in the room in the ER. So interesting! I was sorry they eliminated all the LVN's in that hospital.
I really enjoy working in a nice and friendly enviornment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 3, 2014
My co workers were always nice, caring, and friendly. I love being around people and being able to put a smile on someone's face. A typical work day would be, assisting someone or families on were to go or with other question they have. The job wasn't really hard at all because I have good customer service, and communication skills.
fun, positive work enviroment with room for advancement
LVN/ Radiology/ Prep and Recovery (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: busy, fast pace, positive employees, great experoence, being challenged, learning
Cons: need more ma's, older hospital, small hospital
- A typical day at Antelope Valley Hospital is a very busy day with a lot of diversity where your skills are put to the test and challenged.
- I continue to learn every day there and the biggest thing I have learned is team work.
- My co-workers are my support and my second family. Very good positive trustworthy people.
- The hardest part of the job would have to be going home at the end of the day as I want to stay and continue to help and care for my patients.
-What I enjoy the most about my job is to hear my patients compliment me on the care I give. it is rewarding to see my patients improve. Patients are my number one concern and priority always.
good
Float pool Nurse (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 6, 2014
very good hospital.
very good teamwork.
very nice supervisor.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 4, 2014
I have been an employee of this organization for 18 years so I really have nothing negative to say. I have a full-time job that I work Monday-Friday, 0800-1630. I have fun at my job and I've had such extensive experience due my ability to transfer when I feel and I have never encountered issues with management. I enjoy time spent with my co-workers. When it comes down to it, I enjoy the time we get to communicate with one another and laugh.
Environment is organized
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: boring
I volunteered in the Transport department and I worked 3 hours a week. A typical day at work would include wheeling patients to their vehicles for discharge, cleaning equipment, and giving direction to visitors.
I love my job
CLINICAL PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: competitive salary
Many young employees. Great place for new grads to start. Great place to gain experience with various patient populations
An awesome place to learn...
Respiratory Care Practitioner I (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 27, 2014
A very busy hospital, good people in the department. Every one is helpful and shares knowledge with you. Love coming to work at AVH !!!
Productive place
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 5, 2014
Making sure that every patient would check in before they would see doctor and hope that there visit to the doctor would be as pleasant as possible.
Productive, fun work place
Respiratory (Former Employee), lancaster, CAJuly 29, 2014
The work environment can be quite unpredictable. There are times when it’s slow. There are also times when it is very busy and stressful. For the most part it is usually steady and there is always work to do. Things at a hospital can change in a matter of seconds so it is always important to be prepared for chaos.