Antelope Valley Hospital

Antelope Valley Hospital Employer Reviews

its a very good place to start volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: too many volunteer scheduled during same shifts
not a stressful work environment
i have learned how to count money in a way where i can see my profits from any particular day
my coworkers are very easy going and committed to there positions
Wonderful Group of People
RN (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, great benefits, wonderful collegues
I have really enjoyed the last 12 years with this company. I started from the bottom and worked my up. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for the opportunities that AV Hospital has provided me with.
Heals patients but does not value employees
Secretary (Former Employee), Former Secretary - OfficeApril 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, envoronment, stability in the community
Always stressful, heavy work flow. Very poor executive management and HR. No trust, no support, no confidence. Mid level managers vary among departments. Most nursing managers are good. Higher level management is self serving and not supportive of employees. High level of layoffs at AVH. Many departments run with a "keep your head down" attitude. No – more... loyalty on the level of management, and therefore, no confidence from the employees. Hospital just barely gets by financially, and does not value its employees as important to the organization. Healing environment for its patients is not a healing environment for its employees. Very poor leadership overall. – less
avhospital
Secretary (Labor and Delivrery (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 12, 2014
my time here their was a budget crisis, and their were lots lay offs and cutting costs. so their was shortages in staff, and management was not supportive.
A fun place to work
Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 25, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: no real leadership at the exec level.
I was interactive with my nurses, always rounded on patients and always connected with staff to find out what their needs were in order to have a productive day. I was never afraid to get in and help my staff doing patient care. I was very active with our Unit Practice Council in coming up with ideas to better our unit.
I proposed "Safety Rounding" – more... which was a concept that I invented after finding out that our unit had the highest fall rate of any unit in the hospital. Our fall rates were at a total of 10 per 1,000 patient days. 6 months later we brought our fall rates to less than 4. The hospital decided to use my idea and implement it hospital wide. – less
ENJOYABLE
RAD TECH (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 19, 2013
I ENJOYED THE HOSPITAL ADVANCEMENTS IN CARE AND BECAME ACQUAINTED WITH MANY NICE CO-WORKERS AND THE MANAGEMENT TEAM.
A very friendly enviornment , filled with smiles and good vibes
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 15, 2013
My typical day was to meet up in the gift shop with the other volunteers and start either stocking shelves , filing the refrigerators or organizing the floor in the theme of the season
over all very good experiance
pharmacy technician volunteer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 24, 2013
AVH is a good place to work. staff is very helpful. Loved my food at the hospital
Very fun and exciting work place
Volunteer Admissions, Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 5, 2013
Working at Antelope Valley Hospital, I’ve heard a lot about family-centered maternity care, which promotes mom and family bonding with a new baby from the earliest moments of life.
Okay work invironent
EVS AIDE (Former Employee), LancasterOctober 21, 2013
Pros: room for growth in another department within the hospital.
Cons: sometimes management steps on each others toes.
Typical day at work would start in the early morning and be pretty steady until mid afternoon.
Everyday at work is an environment to please patients and vistors.
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAOctober 7, 2013
Helping each individual was the most enjoyable part of my day. Making sure their comfortable and their families. The hardest part would be seeing patients pass who you got close to cleaning their room. I love how this hospital is run and the management they have in all departments.
Great place to work, management need to change
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee), Lancaste, CAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: benifits, free classes
Cons: management
Over all AV Hospital is a great place to work alot of room to grow and build a career.
A great place to learn
Nursing Preceptor Intern (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 4, 2013
This hospital have a very intelligent healthcare team who are very good to their patients.
The best job of my career. My first job as an LPN and the joy of watching hundreds of babies born over the 20 years that I worked there.
Licensed Vocational Nurse, Scrub Tech (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 27, 2013
All my learned experience was received at AVH from monitoring laboring patients, starting IV's, scrubbing in for surgery, blood drawls, catheter placement.input data etc my 20 years at this company were my foundation of all future employment.
Busy hospital setting
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), LancasterJuly 15, 2013
Busy hospital setting with great service to its patients. Hardest part of the job was being on-call frequently.
Staff was always busy making sure to get the job right.
Materials Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: co-workers took their jobs serious, got pretty good pay, love helping people
Cons: department was in termoil and management was not doing to well either, which made thing more difficult for staff
Arrive 2 work and organize my delivery packages that had already been delivered, stack my packages up neatly on cart, deliver items to hospital departments along with getting a signature upon delivery, return back to warehouse and check printer for any as needed orders request from hospital units, charge out all requested orders that come in by phone, – more... printer, or walk in. Make special orthodic braces or equipment needed orders from outside vendors for patients after surgery or emergency. There is no specific or particular job function with all i have done, because there are many different things needed in a hospital facility and every situation varies on the condition of the patient, but my always concerns distribution and thing needed to treat patients needs. The hardest part of my job was not getting the approval from management to order a non-stock item that a Physician personally requested, but I tried my best. What i enjoyed the most about my job was when i did not know what an item was but knew what it was for and had to research it, find it, and deliver it. So this allowed me to learn gain knowledge of what it was, how it was used, what it was for. It also provided for the patient and was pleasing to the Dr. for going out of my way. – less
Great place to work with a good management staff
Er/Tech, Data Base Coordinator (Former Employee), Emergency RoomJune 27, 2013
Pros: great learning enviroment
Cons: long hours
I worked in the emergency room for over 5 years. I learned a lot about different cultures and ethnicities. Was a great learning environment.
Very dirty, unsanitary facility with a below junk bond rating.
Cath Lab Tech./ Rad. Tech. III (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 22, 2013
Should be a county facility, very dirty and unsanitary facility with poor management across the board all the way upto the V.P. and CEO. High turnover of directors at all levels indicating a poor performance at the V.P. level. Just rated below junk bond reported in AV Press less than two weeks ago. Very old facility, not anything being done about it – more... due to management and bad legal advice. – less
Good experience.
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 23, 2013
What I liked about my time there was understanding things more hands-on and getting experience on the computer. Also, I got some customer service experience.
Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 23, 2013
I loved being close to the newborns and their mothers. I enjoyed being able to help out where I could, and learned a lot about how hard it can be having a newborn.

1 2 3