Antelope Valley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful place to work!!!
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 6, 2016
Although the job was stressful, and ICU's are busy, the general attitudes were wonderful, and teamwork was amazing!!

A typical day at work was busy, and filled with answering phones, monitoring patient alerts, and trying to fit in a lunch break!

Management was wonderful and always present.

Hardest part was seeing the families of critical patients.

Best was the relationships with nursing staff and overall environment.
Av hospital
contractor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Great work place with huge layoff's with budget cuts. Easy working environment, stay away from the chatty older women who are intimidated of taking their job and things will work out to be okay.
great place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Love my job and the Unit. Great coworkers. Management is wonderful and very supportive. Would recommend working there to anyone.
Educational
Preceptorship Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 20, 2015
Excellent education in time management, environment that fosters new skills and requires advocacy for patients, knowledgeable staff, and team player attitude
Hard work, but satisfying. Many learning oppertunities
Nurse Director (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 29, 2015
Personally accountable for 24/7 opperation. Run busy post-op medical surgical unit. Freedom to be creative and autonomous. Great learning oppertunites. Serves many people.
Pros
community hospital
Cons
constant change in upper administration
Good place to start a career, but lacks advancement and additional career training
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster caOctober 15, 2015
When you're on the floor, there can be great team work depending on who's on that day. There are no break relief nurses (volunteer basis) there is no longer an RRT. You have to learn very quickly to fly. Luckly avh is a union hospital backed by the CNA. Just do some research .
Pros
PTO, VACATION TIME, health insurance, local.
Cons
No guaranteed breaks or lunches, broken and lack of equipment
Very Productive
RESPIRATORY THERAPY STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 7, 2015
Very exciting, very productive workplace. People are willing to help you with your workload and teach you how things work if you are unsure. The staff is super supportive of their employees and the students working there.
staff nurse in critical care
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed my job first as staff nurse on a busy step down unit. The patients were complex in their care. I then moved into ICU and CCU. my job as a staff rn utilized my skills in hemodynamic monitoring, infection control, diabetic care including insulin drips, wound care, trauma care, end of life care and ventilator support and maintenance. Also in this setting i was part of the code team.
Pros
great team work and resources
Fun learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 2, 2015
Helping people, stocking food, cleaning kitchen area.
Advising customers of upcoming menus.
Worked quickly to produce specialized diabetic
Pros
Learning to work in a hospital enviornment
Cons
Having to leave
Pretty Good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 17, 2015
It was fun and I made many friends. I worked hard and everyone appreciated the work I did once a week. I was told that I was a great volunteer.
Decent place to work
E.R. Clinical Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 3, 2015
I worked her for two years. I don't have anything negative to say. Workload is intense. Definitely a great place to gather required experience, you will see everything.
Pros
decent cafeteria. Decent employee relationships
Cons
Hospital use to be undersourced and employees are overworked
working at AVH
RN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 28, 2015
Tough place to work. Challenging culture. Great service to community to serve and work here but you can't count on AVH to give you any sense of job satisfaction.
fun supporting staff with large amount of knowledge thoughout.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 25, 2015
I was a new graduate from Nursing school. The exposure I received at Antelope Valley Hospital and ICU department was a bliss. Excellent orientation format with computer, department equipment, and patient setting. Great collaboration between all nurses and no individuality. The big picture in this Unit was obviously to optimize Patient care and support family needs and reassurance.
Pros
the collaboration among all nurse.
Cons
Nothing negative to say. grateful for the opportuntiy, especially because i was a new graduate.
Av Hospital is good when it good and when it's bad it horrible.
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  lancaster caJuly 24, 2015
Working here it fun because of the huge staff you get to make a lot of friends, but it is all politics (brown nosing) and if your aren't to good at that then be prepared to be suck in the same department for a long time, I got four transfer potions to move up and each time the day of my transfer the all of a sudden got denied.
Director, EVS/ Linen/PatientTransport (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 7, 2015
great people to work with nursing staff, Dr's, and most other depts within AVH. also a great patient center care hospital and culture. High turn over in administration/Senior leadership. Strong relationship with the Unions CNA and SEIU.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
tough area to recruit too
Goodlove working for av hospital was able to do bed side nursing love greeting my patient learn so much working in a acute setting I would arrive at a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 21, 2015
Love working for av hospital was able to do bed side nursing love greeting my patient learn so much working in a acute setting I would arrive at a work make round s with the nurse tech that giving report on my patients
GOOD
GOOD
Nurses are good to each other, management is not. Head of nursing was not someone who was there for you at all.
RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 16, 2015
If you live in the area it is better than driving an hour to work. Teamwork among nursing but management was always trying to take benefits away.
Satisfactory
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 3, 2015
Satisfactory for the time I worked there.
Multiple administration changes ; however, major steps taken to improve the working culture over the past year

Improved management skills with the help and support of administration
Pros
Great staff I was in charge of
Cons
long hours and long commute
Very busy. Great co-workers.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 27, 2015
High turnover rate in our department. Short staffed. Great teamwork among fellow employees, even when working 16 to 20 hours without a lunch break. Good opportunity for overtime
fun work experience
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 12, 2015
very busy all day but very fun overall, learned to multi task. the hardest part of the day would be the phone calls and trying to figure out what the problems were.