As the Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of hand-held products on mobile platforms and associated apps. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle of key products
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
- 10+ years experience building successful production software systems.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Experience porting firmware to new hardware platforms and integrating new hardware capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux kernel and experience adding new hardware drivers.
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, busybox).
- Development experience on mobile platforms such as Google Android, WebOS, Windows Mobile, Apple iPhone and RIM Blackberry. Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Antenna International is seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to be responsible for the software systems of new products and special equipment.
Antenna International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 23 months ago
World leaders in our field, Antenna International create handheld audio and multimedia tours that help museums, historic and cultural sites...