Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great atmosphere and coworkers.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Answered customers questions on their billing, medical coverage and procedures that are covered on their billing plan.
Productive workplace with fun, laid back individuals
Health Program Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
The hardest part of the job is keeping your stats at the required level because each day varies. Overall I love it because management and team leads put forth effort to help you in any fallen areas and there is always room for advancement at this company.
Good
System Analyst/Senior Developer/Technical Lead (Current Employee), CAJanuary 26, 2015
Working at the client site Anthem Inc. Working at the client site Anthem Inc. Working at the client site Anthem Inc. Working at the client site Anthem Inc. Working at the client site Anthem Inc.
The fun and learn
UM Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Constant watchful and detect any emergency and addressed the issue is the typical day of the work. From the trach care to the wound, insertion of IV , IM meds, foley catheter, TPN following aseptic technique is the daily routine.
n/a
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
It was a not a good experience. I worked with many incompetent people including the management staff. In addition, trainers were not given material and/or accurate syllabi to properly train staff. Trainers were not given the proper support to facilitate classes smoothly.
Nice place, stressful work environment
Financial Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2015
Great company overall, but there's little to no room for improvement. Communication is poor and leads/managers generally aren't on the same page when it comes to assigning work.
Company is not respectful of work life balance
Senior Network Provider Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Not a good company to work for if you are a contract negotiator especially in Georgia. You will be responsible for working unusually long hours in office or at home up to 2am or 3am. Training is non-existent and therefore you are not set up to be a successful associate. They will toss you away like trash.
Excellent Place to Work
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: workload
Excellent Place to Work
Co-workers are awaesome
Lot of technologies to Learn
Well organized
Anthem is a great employer. I'm surrounded by talented and dedicated associates and leaders. Offers work-life balance and flexibility.
Director of Corporate Compliance (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great vision, great leadership, great benefits and compensation and great associates.
Cons: frequent organizational restructuring and leadership changes.
Anthem is a great employer that offers a tremendous amount of flexibility to it's associates along with excellent compensation. Since the company has so many different business segments, there are opportunities to move throughout the company to expand skills or promote to higher level positions. The associates are excellent to work with at all levels of the organization. I've never seen such a hard working group of people. Since the insurance industry is so highly regulated, the business is always changing. Not only does the industry have to change to meet new mandates, but the leadership changes frequently as well. I'm a fan of change, but the constant reorganizations and fear of losing employment is tiring. Otherwise I have only good things to say about the company. They have been a great employer and I don't hesitate to recommend them to anyone who isn't afraid of change.
Stuck in a Dept.
HPA/Project Warterfall Project (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Locked up as far as movement even coming in as Temp employee. The managers of the department will not write a letter of recommendation for anyone and will not agree for you to go the a new department to work full time.
Productive work enviroment
Customer Service Represenitive II (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: non pay during christmas time
Anthem was a great family company, with tons of opportunities to grow. Basic phone skills, filing and administrative work. Coworkers were always willing to help. Each year we received a bonus around christmas time, which helped out during the rough times.
Great Career
Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 12, 2015
Job Duties
• Answered and responded to up to 100 calls per day
• Empathized with upset customers to build rapport
• Upsold and marketed additional features on existing healthcare coverage to beneficiaries
• Encouraged program participation by informing beneficiaries of multiple products
• Problem solved and utilized trouble shooting abilities via phone

Overall great place to work. The shifts were not the best for individuals with families.
loved this job!!!!
Utilization Review & Discharge planner RN (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 10, 2015
I enjoyed working in Children Services division. This place had great benefits, wonderful place to work!
Not a good place to work
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: very poor place to work
Not a good place to work, over worked and under paid and micro management as well as a very elementary work environment did not allow for growth or opportunity. Not a very good place to work in the long run or was a place you would want to move around in.
Great diverse place to work!
Document Processor (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Although I was only a temporary worker, I enjoyed my time there and the people are so very amazing.
UM Management
Nurse UM Mgr I (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: work life balance
Clinical and nonclinical staff working together to review cases for medical necessity. Hardest part is meeting clinical deadlines. The team works together to get the job done.
inspiring
Medical Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, religious encouragement, positive coworkers and management
Cons: no cons
this job is one of the most inspiring jobs that I have ever had the chance to work. I learned that humility and empathy is needed toward anyone going through tough times in their life. This job taught me to be more compassionate
Productive and fun place with employee lounge, massager chair, television and Wii
Agency Service Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: 401k matching contribution, amount of pto, employee assistant program
Cons: departure of prior management and co-workers, current morale of department
Manage and coordinate action plans for daily operations and ensure customer inquiries are handled effectively while meeting cost, productivity and quality goals. Handle escalated issues, answer product-related inquiries, research broker issues and resolve discrepancies ensuring one call resolution.

I've learned in-depth knowledge of pre-sale questions, products, commissions, broker of record changes, membership transactions, underwriting, claims, policies/procedures and mandates. Assumed responsibilities of departmental training including all additional associates recently acquired. Coach, mentor, train and evaluate performance of individual associates.

My manager was one who was able to recognize the strengths in his employees, and utilized them to their fullest extent. He mentored me to look at personnel as individuals, and understand that almost everyone has something positive to offer. He was a person who set such a wonderful example for his employees, he inspired people to work harder. He was always provided an upbeat attitude, even when not feeling well, and never let a customer leave unhappy. He would always have the right thing to say to provide encouragement for his customers and employees alike.

My co-workers are good at what they do, and enjoy doing it. I'm an enthusiastic worker, and sharing the experience with people who are too makes work enjoyable. They are all part of a well put together team. It's satisfying when everyone can do their part well, and it all comes together as a team effort.

When we acquired the CA Business, management selected me to take on – more... the correspondence and membership transactions process such as enrollments, adding dependents, process billing, and cancellations. The new responsibilities required self training on my part, which evolved into the creation of a membership training manual for our department and training the whole department as an added responsibility.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our brokers resolve their issues, concerns and knowing that you made a difference to a group of people or an individual. – less
Productive company with great upper-management
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits and coworkers
I love working for Anthem, Inc. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 2, 2015
not employee focused or customer focused....anthem focused.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anthem, Inc.

We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take – Read more