Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Decent office work enviroment
Customer Service Rep II, Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: lots of pot luchs
Cons: weight gain
As long as you follow their rules and show up to work on time, each day, they appreciate and reward effort. Advancement is available to those who work for it.
Productive and
CUSTOMER CARE REP (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 2, 2015
Taking incoming phone calls from small business owners wanting to get information about providing health care coverage to their employees. We provide them with information on what the plan includes and the different ones that can be chosen along with the pricing information. Sometime we assist with web navigation on the website that hold the information.
Excellent place to get experience
Business Change Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, salary, work life balance
Cons: continuous organizational restructuring
I learned alot at this company. I started as a nurse consultant. I ended up being a project manager. I recommend that anyone who takes a job there learn and take advantage of all learning opportunities.
prior auth
Specialty Pharmacy Medical Management Technician (Current Employee), Newbury Park, CAApril 27, 2015
Overall ran badly, not enough training for new hires and all about quantity and not quality work. Management was not up to date with new information and made a mockery with someone who tried to express new information or concern.
Overall great company to work for
Claims Analyst I (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 26, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules, work at home opportunities
Cons: short beaks, stressful environment
Anthem, Inc is a very good company. It has great benefits, competitive pay, and good opportunities for advancement. This, however, all depends on where you are in the company--more specifically, which department you work in. From personal experience, claims is your typical, "bottom of the food chain" department. As with a lot (maybe even most) of other high-level corporations, the people at the bottom are treated like numbers. There is a very high turnover rate, employee satisfaction is a dream, complaints are never-ending, and job stability/security is pretty much the red flag to a bull. There are unrealistic goals set forth by God knows who and while they promote autonomy, there never seems to be any resolution to the issues that employees have with their job requirements. There is no doubt that claims is a stressful work environment with the constant threat of losing your job when you don't make 95-100% production (even though you are responsible for production AND quality as the 2 go hand-in-hand in every situation, they don't care about quality. They'll say that they do, but the truth is in the pudding.); an influx of mandatory overtime; standoffish, unapproachable, and overbearing management; a crippling lack of communication; and thusly, an almost detrimental lack of cohesion. But, because the way a business of this magnitude has to operate is understandable, I guess there is no real reason to complain. The company has goals that have to be met and oftentimes, they will pull teeth to ensure that they achieve said goals. Either you're willing to be a pawn or you're not. It's a judgment call.
Great culture and work environment
HEALTH PLAN ADVISOR (TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT) (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Nice break room and clean bathrooms
Cons: Constant nation wide system overload and shutdown
• Fun and challenging work
• Learned the details of Health Care Reform and eligibility standards
• Management was helpful
• Co-workers were the best group of professional I ever worked with.
• The hardest part of the job was when the systems would shut down
• The most enjoyable part of the job was changing hats and responsibilities to service nation-wide needs of company call center.
Great experience
Utilization and Case Management (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2015
This position has afforded me the opportunity to develop my nursing skills and has allowed me to transition from novice to expert by experience. My time at Ingalls hospital has fostered my skills as an RN and has helped me developed skills such as; caring for and treating patients; educating patients and family about diseases and medications; providing emotional support to family members of patients; maintaining medical records; administering medication; using advanced critical thinking skills; the acquirement of additional skills and knowledge (monitoring of patient with advance cardiac disease, EKG interpretation, and advance life support skills) the supervision
A typical day
MLTC (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work in the big city. The co-workers are great and are the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job is the lack of organization
Claims Rep. 1/ Data Entry
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Pomona, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Environment not so good
Cons: none
This place of business is not fast paced enough to keep me going. I was in training for 6 mos. and then the company downsized. I found the work to be boring.
fast paced
Medicare Supplement Specialist (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIApril 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: very structured
This is a very structured job, must always be on time and there's not a lot of time for any kind of goofy-ness. Its nice to have a team to rely on for help. You develop close bonds with your teammates.
Very Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2015
I loved working for Wellpoint they are very nice and friendly they have lots of job opportunities they are always welcome to help new employees advance
Anthem is a great company to work for!
Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee), Middletown, NYApril 12, 2015
Great company with terrific people to interface with. The company is rapidly expanding and offers many areas for employment. This was a remote position providing for excellent quality of life.
Anthem, Inc. is a great company.
Network Relations Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriApril 11, 2015
Pros: Work Life Balance
Cons: Job Security
Anthem, Inc. offers a host of opportunities for positions with great work life balance including tuition reimbursement and exceptional healthcare benefits.
A great place to work
CCR Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: No available time off during busy summer months
This is really an awesome place to work! I love my manager. He keeps you posted on all latest changes and updates within the business.
Co-workers were nice and friendly
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2015
Cons: you shift(hours)would change every 6 months
I would assistant customers in finding new providers or with their bills and I would also help providers with bills. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers that were upset b/c their provider was changed w/o their knowledge, but I would assure them that we would get it changed back to the provider that they wanted with no problem. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I got along with all of them and I also got along with the management.
Love it
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Can work anywhere
Cons: my manager chose favoritism
Was able to transfer to Illinois to work at the sears towers, I drove to visit family and fell in love with the foods in Chicago, especially the pizza.
Fun Place
Claims Processor II (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2015
Great enviroment, great perks, great people, great company. I loved that i met a new face everyday when coming to work. I loved also being able to work out at work.
Very Good Pay
Benefit Coding Coordinator I (Former Employee), MNApril 1, 2015
This company definitely pays well for the job that I was hired to do. Very informative during training. Flexible schedules.
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAApril 1, 2015
Learned a lot from working here. Benefits were pretty good. Performed different types of testing. Environment was clean and co-workers were pretty great to work with.
Wellpoint was an excellent company to work for and i planned on retiring from there.
Operations Expert (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: benefits, the people were great, all other managers were excellent, the company itself was awesome
Cons: 30 min lunches or if you didn't want to take a lunch, that wasn't an option
I would go in at my start time, open all my applications, read my emails, etc. If i had question time, I would do that. I would attend conference calls, meetings or personal meetings with my boss directly. My current/last boss was a new manager, however she had worked there for years herself. This was her first manager position & she had only been in that role for a little over a year. I won't say that i dislike her as a person because I do not at all, however I disagree with the way she handled everyday work. I do not think that she knew exactly what she was doing herself, therefore that made it very, very rough on her unit (my coworker OE, her reps & myself) It was very chaotic on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job was not knowing exactly how to do the job itself since i was NEVER trained on how to do it. I wasn't provided with all of the tools to do the job, therefore when that happens, you do not succeed! My co-workers were great, but again, they were all brand new to the company. This unit, Provider Services, was a unit that only people with 5+ years of experience should have even been considered. Teaching them to do this type of job, was the hardest. At first i enjoyed this position, however shortly after training the class and then being thrown into the position with no direction, i didn't enjoy it

1 2 3 4 5

About Anthem, Inc.

We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take – Read more

Anthem, Inc. Salaries