Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and motivational workplace where everyone works like a team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: bonuses, overtime oppurtunities
It is a wonderful experience working with wellpoint. management cares about their employees and any concerns they might have, it is also a great place with advancement within the company.
A Pleasant place to work if you like making outbound calls
Health Program Representative (Former Employee), saint Louis MOJuly 21, 2015
I was hired through a temp agency.
The job is on the lines of telemarketing and sales.
The management team is pleasant.
Very pleasant and professional work environment
The job is very redundant, you do the same thing each day.
Its a very easy job
Good company with bad upper management.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST Sr (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Pay was decent, work from home for most.
Cons: Flaky upper management not much chance for advancement unless you are in the right clique.
Most of the rank and file people are great and know their stuff. Most have been there for at least a decade. The problem with Anthem is they have "Shiny Thing Syndrome" Senior management likes to change things at the drop of a hat with no warning and completely change the direction of the company without it seems much thought.

Like all large companies they answer to the shareholders before their customers and definitely before their workers.

It can be a wild ride but overall it is a good place to work.
Lots of opportunity for growth
Trainer II (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: insurance, vision, dental, stock option, free flu shots
I started in customer service and then worked as an employer service representative to a corporate trainer. Anthem paid for certifications and reimburses for school. I learned there is only so far to go and grow. I enjoy all of my co workers, manager, and associates I work with. the hardest part is when its time to explore other options and let go of what you have been used to for 10 years.
would work there again in a heartbeat
Nurse Medical Management II - Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2015
great company to work for, left because of personal reasons. cares about employees, great training. Paid well. Management was good also.
Flexible, organized, team work is not an issue
Transaction Processor (Current Employee), Erlanger, KYJuly 16, 2015
Love working in a organized enviornment, and look forward to learning new things, flexible, everyone works as a team,, give you the ability to learn new things
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Senior Clerical (Former Employee), COLUMBUS,GAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: WORKING FROM HOME
Cons: DEPARTMENT SIZE DECREASED DUE TO OUTSOURCE
AN OFFICE CLERICAL POSITON THAT TURNED INTO AN AT OFFICE POSITION. AT THIS POSITION HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO INVENTORY, DISTRIBUTE WORK TO VARIOUS EMPLOYEES, WORK ON SPREEDSHEETS AND TYPE LETTERS.
Micromanagers at local level - no communication
Director Quality Management (Former Employee), West VirginiaJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Decent salary
Cons: Unrealistic expectations - inequality throughout the office
Directors are directors in title only...full responsibility and zero authority. Local leaders lack appropriate communication and micromanagement runs rampant. Unrealistic expectations from local leaders. Associates are expected to follow all policies and procedures, but top leadership at the local level seem to be exempt from such requirements. Worst job I have ever had!
Anthem
Health & Life Agent (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: Team leads had never been in the healthcare field nor had medical background.
The Anthem project was new to everyone due to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, so the exact procedures were not in place, as an agent that worked in the under 65 market independently it was quite easy for me to be able to advise, direct and complete all necessary steps to make certain our client had health insurance that they understood and the changes were made efficiently.
Hated it
nurse Care Manager (Former Employee), Waukesha WIJuly 11, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: pay, support, management, advancement opportunities
i was hired as a Nurse Care Manager. All training was virtual which would have been OK had the training had real world application. We were trained on their documentation system that was supposed to be the ONLY one in use after our training period. Come to find out that there were 4-5 other systems that were in use that we had no training on or access to.

The managers & leads were not helpful in answering questions or getting access to needed systems. It was like trying to work with one arm tied behind your back
a learning and fun place to work with diferent cultures
Correspondence Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Willing to exchange lunch time with time off.
Cons: Must have a morning and afternoon break
always meetinf new people and learning new thngs withng the companies policy. An open door for communications was always there and a family oriented feeling with togetherness.,
Member's Monday
Assisting members (Former Employee), DenverJuly 9, 2015
Pros: GIFT CARD
I would resolve issues with member's insurance policy, payments and claims. I learned how health insurance works and the policies that we have to follow as a company to ensure privacy. The hardest part of the job is resolving the high complex situations and not spend to much time fixing the issue. The most enjoyable part of the job is the tools and resources that were provided to make it less stressful resolving the issues
same as above
NGS Claims Processor (Former Employee), harrisburg paJuly 7, 2015
Pros: good company benefits ok
Cons: management could have been better very disorganized
made calls inbound and out bound customer service and sent letters to the providers for claims.entered information into pecos and other medical systems used for CMS.
Productive, many opportunites to work on projects, health focused
Manager II Health Program Services (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2015
There are many opportunities to participate in process improvements and special projects. Co-workers are easy to work with and and supportive. The hardest part of the job for me is, I there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. Management is supportive and always eager to answer questions and provide guidance.
Great place to work if you have a good manager with direction
IT (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Healthy work/life encouraged. Gym available onsite or gym reimbursement
Cons: lack of leaership
Loved my job in IT when I started mainly due to a proactive manager, who trusted the staff and wanted the employees to learn and grow. The next manager came in and was very incompetent and reactive. They also lowered the team moral. Was very difficult to work with this manager, but loved working and helping co-workers.
Great learning experience
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: upward movement in company
handled customer service complaints and resolutions. Handled resubmission of claims for payment processing. Worked from 8 to 5:30 each day and oversaw several employees
Great environment
Intake Grievance & Appeals Rep I (Current Employee), Mason, OHJune 29, 2015
Working with Anthem is interesting, exciting place to be. Learn new knowledge on a daily basis.

The enjoyable part of the job, is when you know you have made a customer happy and can hear their smile through the phone.

My co-workers are great to work with. Everyone is a team player.
Lay offs
Works as a Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), VAJune 19, 2015
I love Anthem however they do have lay offs occasionally and HR doesnt really try and help you get placed internally. The pay and benefits are great. I just wish there was more job security
fun and rewarding
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: none
Good and caring company and at the same time challenging at times. Temporary in nature, extended numerous times every few months. Facility has a few cafe that is available
Training Specialist day
Training Specialist, Sales Training Department (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 17, 2015
Project meetings to stay abreast on Sales Training needs for CA Individual and Small Group Market. I enjoy working with the people and communicating with them.
Some areas of difficulty is working against extreme deadlines with no material/content or resources.
I do enjoy the job, but looking for something new to challenge me.
Industry