Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive, many opportunites to work on projects, health focused
Manager II Health Program Services (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2015
There are many opportunities to participate in process improvements and special projects. Co-workers are easy to work with and and supportive. The hardest part of the job for me is, I there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. Management is supportive and always eager to answer questions and provide guidance.
Great place to work if you have a good manager with direction
IT (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Healthy work/life encouraged. Gym available onsite or gym reimbursement
Cons: lack of leaership
Loved my job in IT when I started mainly due to a proactive manager, who trusted the staff and wanted the employees to learn and grow. The next manager came in and was very incompetent and reactive. They also lowered the team moral. Was very difficult to work with this manager, but loved working and helping co-workers.
Great learning experience
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: upward movement in company
handled customer service complaints and resolutions. Handled resubmission of claims for payment processing. Worked from 8 to 5:30 each day and oversaw several employees
Great environment
Intake Grievance & Appeals Rep I (Current Employee), Mason, OHJune 29, 2015
Working with Anthem is interesting, exciting place to be. Learn new knowledge on a daily basis.

The enjoyable part of the job, is when you know you have made a customer happy and can hear their smile through the phone.

My co-workers are great to work with. Everyone is a team player.
Lay offs
Works as a Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), VAJune 19, 2015
I love Anthem however they do have lay offs occasionally and HR doesnt really try and help you get placed internally. The pay and benefits are great. I just wish there was more job security
fun and rewarding
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: none
Good and caring company and at the same time challenging at times. Temporary in nature, extended numerous times every few months. Facility has a few cafe that is available
Training Specialist day
Training Specialist, Sales Training Department (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 17, 2015
Project meetings to stay abreast on Sales Training needs for CA Individual and Small Group Market. I enjoy working with the people and communicating with them.
Some areas of difficulty is working against extreme deadlines with no material/content or resources.
I do enjoy the job, but looking for something new to challenge me.
Great Company that is struggling with developing its culture
Director (Former Employee), CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: employees, attitude of management
Cons: lack of work-life balance
Anthem is continually going through changes and re-organizations that lead to worry and confusion among the associates.

When the company is focused on a goal, it does an admirable job of developing processes and procedures required to improve the existing work flows.

There is a lack of work-life balance at Anthem due to the large workloads and high expectations of the management team, but that is fairly standard in the insurance industry today.

There is a strong sense of team at Anthem. Most everyone works well together and do their best to achieve success. Those that don't try are generally weeded out over time. I have developed great relationships with team members and business partners over my time spent at Anthem.
Productive and fun company to work for
Medical Management Specialist II (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for such a great company, great atmosphere. I also enjoyed that everyone showed geniune concern for how you are feeling on a day to day basis.
Great and Truthworthy Company
Pharm Health Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great and fun training classes
Cons: Short lunches
Anthem is a great company to work for. Very business oriented, organized and caring work environment. Recognizes its employees as well as keeping happy members!
Extremely busy dept
Assistant Claims & Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJune 8, 2015
For the most part this company was great. They treated the Member Services Dept to lunches, events, care packages, etc. A very high volume of calls that reached the dept on a daily basis and a lot of pressure was put on the reps to perform and daily reach a certain overall percentage of calls handled so that management can be sure to get their bonus. Not a large raise opportunity unless you were moved into a different position. Overall this was a good company to work for despite the usual politics and sneakiness
independent and easy going
CLAIMS PROCESSOR 3 (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJune 7, 2015
The hardest part was getting help on a question you had you could sit there all day. It is very independant work and they take your time to make sure you get the proper training.
Productive and rewarding
Health Educator (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: Work from home, good benefits
Cons: Job requirements requires good flexibility skills as assignments change rapidly.
My work assignment helps me maintain a good work/life balance by allowing me to work from home. I enjoy my job very much as every day presents with new challenges and rewards.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Middletown, NYJune 4, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: sitting in one place for hours
Very friendly place that is supportive and offers many chances for advancement. They offer great training and job assistance.
Anthem is a very good company to work for
Legal Specialist Senior (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Tuition reimbursement, career advancement
Cons: Rigid rules for hourly workers with respect to lunches and time off
Anthem in Andover is a great place to work. The people are friendly and the company offers very competitive rates and benefits. The company offers job enhancements and tuition reimbursement. I loved the work and the people I worked with.
Laid back enviroment, Helpful Co-Workers
Utilization Management Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2015
Pros: positive reinforcement
Cons: short breaks, favoritism
A typical day consisted of basically taking back to back calls from doctors, hospitals and patients in order to get any medical services cleared through their insurance. Management was unfortunately not as helpful in the training/teaching aspect as some senior coworkers. The most difficult part of the job was explaining to any caller that this process generally could not be completed as quickly as they would have liked, The most enjoyable part of the job was simply speaking to all the different people and being able to go above and beyond to assist and inform the callers.
Great workplace
Customer Service, ITS Host (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 27, 2015
While working with this company I learned a lot about the insurance aspect. A typical day at Wellpoint, was very fast paced and easy going.
Anthem BC/BS Health Insurance
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Helping clients
Cons: None
As a Sales Agent for Anthem BC/BS Health Insurance for Medicare recipients, I loved helping the senior’s understand the health plans available and helping them make and educated decision to the type of plan that fit their needs.
only stayed for the benefits
csa2 (Former Employee), columbus gaMay 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: employees are just a number...
Company was great in 08-09 then got rid of trainers to save money also let seasond reps go so they can hire temp at a cheaper pay rate after that all insentive gone and for customer service week u get a pen from the dollar store they don't care about there employees al all!!
This is a very good company to work for benefits are good.
Sr Nurse Case Manager for Senior Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
A typical day starts at 8 am ends at 5pm I start out the day with a morning meeting with the non clinical staff to review the days assignment. I set the assignment for the clinical staff and have meets with management to review the activities for the day. Review, discuss and problem solve clients medical issues. My co-workers are the best group of people to work with. The hardest part of my job is not being able to resolve everyone's issue, The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist and resolved clients issues.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anthem, Inc.

We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take – Read more

Anthem, Inc. Salaries