Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employer Reviews

Team environment
Utilization Management Rep I (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: very team oriented
I love the fact that everyone here has that can do attitude and is willing to help you on any level. I started out as a temp and even though the process took longer than I would have liked, being able to transition into the position was smooth and effortless. Management for my department is awesome! Everyone is very concious of each other and it shows in our work.
Good people
Associate General Counsel (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2015
The "front-line" folks are some of the nicest, hardest-working, caring, and ethical people I have ever had the privilege of meeting.
Very great company family oriented
Patient Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: working smart and not hard
Anthem is a great company to work for family oriented and a awesome place to build a great career.
Management is great. Typical day at work is getting the job done.
Continuous Improvement
Staff Vice President, Employer Group Retiree (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: reorganization happens too often
Culture of continuous improvement helps to keep associates on track, Anthem does a great job focusing associates on a single message.
Excellent Training
Customer Care and Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis , InFebruary 25, 2015
I showed early potential in claims. I was immediately promoted fresh out of training into a position of a Claims Analyst.
Enjoyed Anthem through acquisition of Amerigroup.
Regional Security Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: working within a fortune 500 corporation
Cons: difficult changes during the transition from what we developed at amerigroup.
Very good management team and coworkers. From my responsibility as Director of Facilities and Security for Amerigroup Corporation, I assisted WellPoint leadership through an acquisition of Amerigroup and its Corporate Services Administration team.
Anthem review
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits package
I really enjoyed my time at Anthem. On a typical day I would handle about 20-30 calls per day. I would help our clients and doctors to understand insurance policies and the processing of medical claims. On the occasion that a claim was processed incorrectly, I would personally make sure that the issue was resolved in a timely manner and provide the appropriate feed back.

The best thing that I learned while I was there was that even though I played a small part in someone's day, it may be that I had a big impact on them.

The management staff overall is a good staff. They are willing to help you in any situation, whether it is personal and they direct you to the company offered resources, or it's business related and you need their help to resolve a situation.

My coworkers were my family away from home. We enjoyed team food days, birthdays and holiday celebrations together. Also we shared in our twice weekly meeting information that others may not know.

The hardest part of my job was leaving my job at work. I am a very caring and compassionate person that some time I would be at home and think about way to resolve a problem or situation that I have at the office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making people, clients or employees smile.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Great place to work. Good work life balance, competitive pay. Good location in the heart of Buckhead. Unfortunately, my position is being eliminated.
Laid back fun work environment
CLERK II (Current Employee), Mason, OhFebruary 13, 2015
Laid back fun work environment, Stress free workplace, great people and managers, also a lot of focus on employee health.
Fast pace - in-bound call center
Cust Svc Rep II-Medicare Medical Claims (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: annual bonus
Cons: no cons
Assisting hospitals and health institutions identify medical billing errors for Medicare claims. Approximately 100 calls per day. Working as a team player to aid in meeting daily goals with zero tolerance for errors. Superior management team. Most difficult in the job is keeping up with the day-to-day/week-to-week changing medical policies.
Internal Consulting - Excellent Team
Consultant Senior Intern (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Hard working team. Interesting Projects. Working remote model works well but can be challenging. High growth industry leader.
Wonderful work associates.
Health Educator/Coach/Health Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 8, 2015
The individuals that work at Anthem are great. Vast background experience. Some of the most talented people i have ever met!
amazing company to advance internally
Operational Risk Mitigation Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: good advancement opportunities
Cons: no free parking
Good, solid company with talented people. The advancement opportunity is vast due to the number of internal departments they house in the Denver office.
Health Educator
Health Educator (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: unable to utilize education and skills to full potential
I have learned how to deal and manage disgruntled people. Some may view working from home a pro and some may see it as a con, just depends on the individual.
A good place locally to grow
Account Representative II (Former Employee), Richmond VAFebruary 3, 2015
A good employer to work for. A stable work environment that allows for growth. The company is located in a place close to the highway and bus line to allow all types of individuals to access the location for work.
worst job ever
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE (Current Employee), RoanokeFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: inadequate training
This by far is the worst job I have ever had.
Training is very inadequate for the amount of work you are expected to do. The temp workers they bring in get better hours than the people that are actually employed by them.
You are expected to do the job of 6 departments and not get any additional compensation for it.
Unrealistic expectations, management lacks training, disorganized chaos
medical staff (Former Employee), TennesseeFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: ability of some to work from home
Cons: micromanagement, no clear job description, insurance was as terrible as the management
Chaotic Training with misinformation often given. Day started and ended with micromanagement of constantly changing job duties sometimes every 15 minutes, constant interruptions from Management, which makes it hard to do a job that requires accuracy in documents. Encourage to ask someone else anytime there was a question, Manager or Upper Management rarely could answer questions. Management did not know how to do common daily job duties! Meetings regularly rescheduled at the last minute and no one is ever prepared to start on time or had technical difficulties every time. Discouraged anyone from speaking up on conference calls with concerns about overwhelming responsibilities. Never witnessed Management jumping in to do the job when demands were high, I am not certain they would know where to start!
No place for the experienced that gets how to do the job. Each time a question was ask talked down to & told to just do it. Technical problems take days to weeks to fix, but that does not stop your responsibilities.
Run fast!
Great career opportunities.
Outreach Care Specialist II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: flexiable work schedules
Cons: more work at home opportunities
Productive and great place to work... provides trusted healthcare! Opportunity to work at home, paid holidays and benefits package to fit any family budget.
Great atmosphere and coworkers.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Answered customers questions on their billing, medical coverage and procedures that are covered on their billing plan.
Productive workplace with fun, laid back individuals
Health Program Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
The hardest part of the job is keeping your stats at the required level because each day varies. Overall I love it because management and team leads put forth effort to help you in any fallen areas and there is always room for advancement at this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anthem, Inc.

We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take – Read more

Anthem, Inc. Salaries