Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employer Reviews

Project Manager - UAT (Current Employee), Buffalo NYDecember 19, 2014
Typical day of the work will be managing various testing tracks for the program and responsible for the succesfull delivery of the projects into production releases.

Nice work life balance and company culture.
Learned lot on the Testing process and healthcare initiatives.
Nice place to work
ETL Developer/ Project Lead (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 18, 2014
Good to exposure.

Management is good.

Need to follow strict Time lines
Anthem was an excellent place to work.
Claims Processor (Former Employee), South PortlandDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, nice atmosphere
I enjoyed my years with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. I would start each day at 8:00 and work until 4:30, I learned to focus and work hard, I made many friends there and am still on good terms with everyone I worked with including management. I enjoyed the data entry aspect of the job the most. But I am always willing to learn new things.
very productive workplace lots of claims to process.
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for growth
Cons: changes were not always not communicated in writing
learned from this company got to utilize my skills and was trained to advanced my career as a medical billing processor. processing claims was a great way to meet your goals in production and always try to push on production to excel.
Question about the hiring process
Customer Care Reresentative (Former Employee), Virginia BeachDecember 16, 2014
I'm just curious to know the next step in the hiring process. I had an interview today and it went well I was surprised that I wasn't nervous. I think I did well but I feel like I could have answered the questions a little better. The interviewer told me I should hear something in 1-2 weeks from a recruiter, my question is what is the next step after – more... the face to face interview? And how long did it actually take to hear back from a recruiter? I forgot to add that I already did the online test, 2 weeks later I got an email to set up the interview, I just completed the interview so now I'm hoping to hear some good news next. – less
Wellpoint
Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), MissouriDecember 14, 2014
Nice place to work. The managers need more training they do not have a lot of people skills. I enjoyed the atmosphere at Wellpoint and again it a good company to work for but the department, I was in the manager did not know how to manage people. I would like to work for Wellpoint again.
ok place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsDecember 12, 2014
Pros: my work schedule
Cons: 30 min lunches, a lot of favortism
the job is ok however it seems like some of the people who have been there for a while are always trying to get others in trouble. some of the supervisors are easy to approach and some are not.
Horrible Place to work
Actuary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2014
Pros: casual dresscode
Cons: heavy workload, poor management, no job security, long hours
Managers do not care at all for their analysts and throw them under the bus with no care. Job training does not exist. Thrown into the water with no guidance and will be fired if not creating an exceptional product right away.

High workload, low pay. Will be fired if you fail an exam. Anyone with enough experience bails.

Entry level people are given – more... senior level work with absolutely no training. In a 24 person department, 10 experienced actuaries left in the last 4 months simply due poor management. Four entry level people were also fired, despite constantly working overtime due to senior analysts spitting out false claims. (An example of this is a senior analyst is told to train the new guy, but doesn't. The new guy is given a task and doesn't do a good job since he's never seen it before. The senior analyst then tells the manager that perfect training was provided and the new guy simply sucks).

Managers play politics instead of training their employees, and turn a blind eye and deaf ear to those suffering. – less
Business Info Analyst I/Clinical Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 10, 2014
Being with a company for almost 12 years I made a lot of friends and learned a lot of different aspects of the a health care company. Excellent benefits
I'm working here as a contractor and have had nothing but a wonderful experience.
Fahrenheit IT Contractor, FEP (Current Employee), Roanoke, VADecember 5, 2014
I came in as a contractor in July 2014. Still working here as contractor. Coworkers are very supportive and willing to help when needed, although search for an IT manager is in progress, the SR IT people are doing a great job maintaining change request and project timelines.

I've really enjoyed my time here.
Work you to death and don't give time to follow up with customers
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 4, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: exhausting job with little upward mobility
As CSR I you get worked to death. You have to handle inbound calls all day long, and open inquiries. But management gives you no time to call customers back. You only get like 30 minutes off the phone a day to call back like 25 people -- that's crazy and it doesn't work. So your call-back inventory grow and grows, then its your fault that it is growing – more... and customers don't get callbacks on time. Management refuses to take any remote responsibility for giving you an impossible job. You also have to work on phones for years to get any promotional opportunities also. Not a good place to work at all. – less
okay
Customer Service Rep/ ITS Host (Former Employee), Columbus, GADecember 4, 2014
this company for the most part is alright, however with new management has fallen by the wasteside
telecommute options
Health Educator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2014
good company
moves you to different jobs under different teams with out asking
some overtime req
alot of your job is on the phone
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Colorado Springs CODecember 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: office commute
Throughout the day I would take anywhere from 50-90 calls a day. That would depend on the amount of calls coming in with questions to reference dental health care or health care reform. People would call with several different reasons; order ID cards, look at claims, go over payments, review explanations of benefits and also request information on the – more... providers that were in a particular area. I learned that customer service is really the front line to any company and that being on that front line can make any company successful. The management at Wellpoint was exemplary. They cared for the employees and made Wellpoint a leading company to work for as far as people with families and women in the workforce. The hardest part of the job was the amount of information on health care reform. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of being able to help people make informed decisions on health care necessary to benefit a family or a single member. – less
Professional Rollercoaster
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, company is interested in and proactive in employee wellness, very diverse work place
Cons: lack of work/life balance, inefficient parking (some have to park in another building's parking deck a block away), technology is fragmented
A typical day involves checking e-mail and constantly putting out fires. Getting new hires set up or off boarded properly, requesting system accesses, expense reporting, participating in several conference calls and/or meetings. I learned how to become a master at multi-tasking. Co-workers are pleasant and respectful. The hardest part of this job is – more... the lack of consistency and accountability among management and leadership with regards to policies and procedures. Also, technology makes getting work done difficult as there are various networks throughout the company and very few are merged together. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to get a task completed and knowing that I did my best work. – less
New Division
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER II (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 18, 2014
This company is growing rapidly. A lot of hard work and long hours. Logical explanations were not always offered.

Their values concept was good. They just hadn't trickled down to all of the associates yet.

All-in-all it is a good company. Once they're done with their growing pains it will be a good company to work for.
Manage care
Community Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2014
• Developed, maintained excellent working relationships with key partners such as: ( NYPD, NYCHA, IPHRE,YMCA, Hospitals and doctors among a list of others.
Great Company
Broker Services Correspondent (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 17, 2014
WellPoint is a secure well established company. They are diversified and offer a good benefit package
Busy and fun work environment
Broker Analyst (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CANovember 17, 2014
Overall I learned many things in my 8 years of being at Wellpoint and worked with alot of great people and even made a few friends that I am still good friends with till this day. I would say the most difficult part of my job was to solve each customers issue with a 6 1/2 minute phone call but we had alot of tools and resources and for the most part – more... as long as I brought it up to my manager he'd make I wuld have time off the phones to get my follow up work done. – less
Clicky environment, Nurse Management not supportive to new employees
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Albany, New YorkNovember 16, 2014
Cons: poor management not supportive of new employees
In all my 27 years of nursing, I have never been treated so poorly. RN Manager had no interest in answering questions, while still on orientation !!

1 2 3 4 5

About Anthem, Inc.

We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take – Read more