Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Laid back enviroment, Helpful Co-Workers
Utilization Management Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2015
Pros: positive reinforcement
Cons: short breaks, favoritism
A typical day consisted of basically taking back to back calls from doctors, hospitals and patients in order to get any medical services cleared through their insurance. Management was unfortunately not as helpful in the training/teaching aspect as some senior coworkers. The most difficult part of the job was explaining to any caller that this process generally could not be completed as quickly as they would have liked, The most enjoyable part of the job was simply speaking to all the different people and being able to go above and beyond to assist and inform the callers.
Great workplace
Customer Service, ITS Host (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 27, 2015
While working with this company I learned a lot about the insurance aspect. A typical day at Wellpoint, was very fast paced and easy going.
only stayed for the benefits
csa2 (Former Employee), columbus gaMay 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: employees are just a number...
Company was great in 08-09 then got rid of trainers to save money also let seasond reps go so they can hire temp at a cheaper pay rate after that all insentive gone and for customer service week u get a pen from the dollar store they don't care about there employees al all!!
This is a very good company to work for benefits are good.
Sr Nurse Case Manager for Senior Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
A typical day starts at 8 am ends at 5pm I start out the day with a morning meeting with the non clinical staff to review the days assignment. I set the assignment for the clinical staff and have meets with management to review the activities for the day. Review, discuss and problem solve clients medical issues. My co-workers are the best group of people to work with. The hardest part of my job is not being able to resolve everyone's issue, The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist and resolved clients issues.
Sr. Human Resources Manager/ Call Center Manager
Claims Department Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMay 20, 2015
Manage a site of 450 plus people
Managing a team of 75 supervisors and customer service reps
I've learned within these few years of managing I've developed better ways to handle situations and adapted to others personalities and see how where all different, and we all come and many shapes and colors and we all need treated with extra care.
n/a
Customer Service (Former Employee), denverMay 20, 2015
*Making outbound calls to members in a professional manner
*Enrolling members into free programs that already included in their benefits
*Verifying HIPPA
*Taking Inbound calls from member that are enrolled into programs
*Transferring members to speak with our nurses
*Answering questions member have about the programs that are available to them
Productive, challenging (in a good way), and great co-workers.
Vendor Management Analyst Senior (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: The ability to work from home. Great team. Opportunity to learn new things.
A typical day at work was creating reports for senior management to track costs and external resources. I learned how to use SourcePoint and Fieldglass, make updates to Planview, and gained a more indepth knowledge of Excel so I could create pivot tables and do v-lookups. I had a wonderful team. We were spread out all over the country, but it didn't seem that way. Everyone was very helpful and great to work with.
Fast paced and productive company to work for.
Membership Rep. Enrollment and Billing (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 19, 2015
It's a great company to work for, people are friendly and helpful. Learned different techniques that I will definitely apply to my future.
Experience
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 18, 2015
I have excellent customer service skills
Every position I have require me to multitask
I currently am manage two facility in two different counties.
Dietary and Patient interaction
JPMorgan Chase Bank (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 14, 2015
Preparing meals for patients, preparing dining room for residents, taking food trays to assigned patients, gathering,washing, and storing of dishes, assisting patients with meals
good job with alot of nice coworkers
Nurse Care Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 12, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: quotas
I enjoyed my job very much for the most part, but it was very quota driven, sitting at your desk on the phone most of the day.
Very good benefits/compensation.
Utilization Management Nurse Senior (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Reimbursement for health club, work from home.
There is definitely enough work to fill your day. My manager was very good. Easy to work with. Co-workers are nice. I worked from home for the last 5 years so I didn't have any personal interaction with my co-workers. We communicated via email, phone and IM.
Challenging environment with opportunity for advancement
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: stressful
Overall a great place to work. Good benefits, opportunities to advance within the company. Environment for customer care reps could be a bit less stressful, with more in depth training given before being moved to the floor to take calls. There is a lot to learn in this position and most don't feel fully prepared before the transition. In all, the pay is decent and there are opportunities if you do your best in your position.
Highly Stressful
Pharmacy Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 11, 2015
This job could be very stressful at times. The nature of the work is difficult in itself but it becomes very stressful when having to deal with management.
Productive and fun place to work
management (Current Employee), NHMay 7, 2015
Helping to improve the lives of our members by working in collaboration with providers--the most enjoyable part of the job.
Enjoyable place to work with solid benefits, good pay and advancement opportunity
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 6, 2015
In my time at Anthem, I have enjoyed working with the team I joined. My manager clearly lays out her expectations for what I need to do. If someone's particular workload gets to heavy, my manager is adept at moving things to different capable members of the team. Work life balance is pretty good. Compensation was very fair.
Learning new things on a constant basis
Customer Service Representative III/Supervisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioMay 5, 2015
Pros: Consistent work schedule
Cons: Recognizing that hard work does not mean you will make it to the top
Working inbound calls pertaining to customer accounts about policies. Gained knowledge of Medicare regulations and requirements. Worked with a great group of people who I could learn information from about products that were offered. The hardest part of my job I would have to state was not being able to help all the members with their concerns about how claims were processed, and out of network providers. The rewarding part when come when I would be able to help get claims re-processed of fees waived that a member should not have been made to pay.
Productive and hardworking company
Referral Specialist Sr (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2015
Good work atmosphere, great management. Not much room for career advancement. Loved my time here. Amazing co workers. I don’t love the benefit packages that are offered.
laid back work place
Customer Care Specialist II (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 4, 2015
I cant complain about anthem. I enjoyed my time with this company. I learned a lot working at anthem. I met a lot of great people., Thank you.
Growing Organization
Senior Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaMay 4, 2015
Excellent company with continues to change as the Healthcare landscape changes. Located in multiple states and allows W@H for employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anthem, Inc.

We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take – Read more

Anthem, Inc. Salaries