Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employer Reviews

Wellpoint was an excellent company to work for and i planned on retiring from there.
Operations Expert (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: benefits, the people were great, all other managers were excellent, the company itself was awesome
Cons: 30 min lunches or if you didn't want to take a lunch, that wasn't an option
I would go in at my start time, open all my applications, read my emails, etc. If i had question time, I would do that. I would attend conference calls, meetings or personal meetings with my boss directly. My current/last boss was a new manager, however she had worked there for years herself. This was her first manager position & she had only been in that role for a little over a year. I won't say that i dislike her as a person because I do not at all, however I disagree with the way she handled everyday work. I do not think that she knew exactly what she was doing herself, therefore that made it very, very rough on her unit (my coworker OE, her reps & myself) It was very chaotic on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job was not knowing exactly how to do the job itself since i was NEVER trained on how to do it. I wasn't provided with all of the tools to do the job, therefore when that happens, you do not succeed! My co-workers were great, but again, they were all brand new to the company. This unit, Provider Services, was a unit that only people with 5+ years of experience should have even been considered. Teaching them to do this type of job, was the hardest. At first i enjoyed this position, however shortly after training the class and then being thrown into the position with no direction, i didn't enjoy it
Health Insurance administration
Manager II-Multi (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Business hours
Cons: very structured, mentally challenging
Great company for learning health insurance industry; mentally challenging yet rewarding because the company strives to provide affordable healthcare to its customers.
Flexible hours remote culture
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2015
the company is constantly advancing and changing along with the health care advancements and ACA mandates. The work from home nature allowed me to say close to my family and kid. The PM methodologies are in a flux right now changing from Lean SDLC to agile to TFS.
smart people
Government Relations Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 25, 2015
the team is incredibly smart and willing to educate others. you learn all about the medicare business from an operation and clinical perspective.
Great Comany
Network Data Specialist II (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 23, 2015
Great Company to work for. Great pay , great friendly people. Room for advancement , benefits are good oand they always reward their employees for doing a great job!
A productive and enjoyable place to work
Behavioral Health Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: can have a downside with some of the hours.
A typical day at work starts with working with a great team of clinicians who work to help member obtain accurate and appropriate care. The most difficult part of my job is not dealing with people face to face and learning to read between the lines through telephonic methods. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have helped a member or family member find support for the stressors they are facing and helping them understand that any disease either medical or emotional is managable.
Love This Company
Customer Service Care Rep/Claims (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2015
Love working here, great benefits and advancement opportunities. Managers are great and atmosphere is wonderful.... I would definitly refer my friends and family to work here.
Educational place to work
Utilization management Rep II (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2015
Anthem is a diverse and educational place to work. Anthem has two locations in Richmond Virginia. The company offers two gyms for employee's and also cafeteria's in each facility
job security
Nurse Extender / Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2015
Too many turnovers. Jobs eliminated at a moments notice. Although having the option to work from home was a plus, not having an option to transition to another position once alerted to current position being eliminated.
Software Asset Management Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
A good relationship culture between workers and direct managers. Co Workers are very eager to assist one another with all matters in order to get the task at hand completed.
Fast Paced Working Environment
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on site, team-oriented working environment
Cons: no growth potential, unrealistic phone metrics, poor pay
Anthem is a very fast paced working environment. All activities are monitored and logged to determine efficiency. Co-workers are close by and available to assist.
Reorganization is their middle name
Medical Review (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits, free parking
Cons: untrustworthy upper management
Changed their name so many times could not keep up! When the heat was on, hide behind a new name. Was much better as Blue Cross of CA before becoming WellPoint, then Anthem Blue Cross , when Anrhem of Indianapolis bought us. Now just Anthem... But for how long. Use to be a fabulous place to work. Until they Outsourced jobs overseas. Lots of laying off of really long time staff to pay very little with no benefits to a person in the Phillipines, Guam, India, and Panama.

They had the money to have the most advanced software programs, remote working if you wanted, and a nice location. Too bad they didn't value their employees.
It was okay
NCC Customer Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: hours and days of work
Cons: short breaks lunch not long enough
You always have help from OE not from your manger really , my manager didnt know much . Wasnt a stressful job although changes were made that they had no notice of and it seem like every week we had tons of members calling it because they were switched to our plan and dr doesnt accept the insurance and was upset .
Team environment
Utilization Management Rep I (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: very team oriented
I love the fact that everyone here has that can do attitude and is willing to help you on any level. I started out as a temp and even though the process took longer than I would have liked, being able to transition into the position was smooth and effortless. Management for my department is awesome! Everyone is very concious of each other and it shows in our work.
Good people
Associate General Counsel (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2015
The "front-line" folks are some of the nicest, hardest-working, caring, and ethical people I have ever had the privilege of meeting.
Very great company family oriented
Patient Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: working smart and not hard
Anthem is a great company to work for family oriented and a awesome place to build a great career.
Management is great. Typical day at work is getting the job done.
Continuous Improvement
Staff Vice President, Employer Group Retiree (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: reorganization happens too often
Culture of continuous improvement helps to keep associates on track, Anthem does a great job focusing associates on a single message.
Excellent Training
Customer Care and Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis , InFebruary 25, 2015
I showed early potential in claims. I was immediately promoted fresh out of training into a position of a Claims Analyst.
Enjoyed Anthem through acquisition of Amerigroup.
Regional Security Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: working within a fortune 500 corporation
Cons: difficult changes during the transition from what we developed at amerigroup.
Very good management team and coworkers. From my responsibility as Director of Facilities and Security for Amerigroup Corporation, I assisted WellPoint leadership through an acquisition of Amerigroup and its Corporate Services Administration team.
Anthem review
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits package
I really enjoyed my time at Anthem. On a typical day I would handle about 20-30 calls per day. I would help our clients and doctors to understand insurance policies and the processing of medical claims. On the occasion that a claim was processed incorrectly, I would personally make sure that the issue was resolved in a timely manner and provide the appropriate feed back.

The best thing that I learned while I was there was that even though I played a small part in someone's day, it may be that I had a big impact on them.

The management staff overall is a good staff. They are willing to help you in any situation, whether it is personal and they direct you to the company offered resources, or it's business related and you need their help to resolve a situation.

My coworkers were my family away from home. We enjoyed team food days, birthdays and holiday celebrations together. Also we shared in our twice weekly meeting information that others may not know.

The hardest part of my job was leaving my job at work. I am a very caring and compassionate person that some time I would be at home and think about way to resolve a problem or situation that I have at the office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making people, clients or employees smile.

1 2 3 4 5

About Anthem, Inc.

We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take – Read more

Anthem, Inc. Salaries