Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

customer service
Enrollment & Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free gym in the bilding, free ice water machines
Cons: short breaks, expensive cafe in lunch room, micro management, pay sucks
they are monday - friday which is excellent
and standard hours which is also great!!!

They under pay people and always start you at the bottom regardless of your skill set
Good salary, horrible management
Analyst (Former Employee), NY NYAugust 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: horrible management
Most of the directors and managers are horrible when it comes to building employee moral and lack basic managerial skills. The company is impersonal and only care about the bottom line/profit. A lot of unhappy and stressed out employees along with unhappy consumers.
good place to work if you are a robot
Mason, OH (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch once a month for doing good
Cons: need more modavation
they only want you to do what you are told to do and not to think for your self also you can never disagree with management. need to be a robot and never go off the script
Heavy Work with my cazey batch
Senior.Net Developer (Current Employee), virginiaAugust 16, 2015
Completely work burdens and heavy duties while doing work make friendly with each other and spend many weekends together
Great company to work for from many perspectives.
Manager Facilities (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great supportive facilities management staff as well as overall company management.
Cons: There were times when the work/life balance wasn't too balanced.
Worked at Anthem, initially BCBS of Virginia, when I began working for them, with later iterations of Trigon & WellPoint. I have always enjoyed facilities related work, and Anthem was no exception. The work varies from day to day and year to year with the variety of projects changing constantly. As with many businesses which began to concentrate on their core business and competencies, the corporate real estate department was outsourced - in our case, to Cushman & Wakefield. My 16 years at Anthem were full and opportunity and change, as the company converted from a mutual insurance company within the Commonwealth of Virginia, to a multi-state, stock held company, with two mergers, which meant priorities changed along with scope of work and territory. The work could be exasperating at times when retrenchment strategies came into play, but overall it was exciting to be able to work and enjoy all the change. Senior facilities management staff were very supportive and let the FM's run their individual properties without micro-managing. We had our directions and policies, and we were free to develop our own strategies to maintain our individual properties.
always something new
Mason, OH (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job was not forever
very good job always something new they are very often closing departments that are not showing a profit so that is how I was let go several times the last time I decided I wanted a break
Productive, Great Benefits
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2015
Review Medicare applications at a high level of attention to detail in order to enroll providers in program
• Assists in synchronization of data among multiple claims systems
• Responds to provider inquiries to resolve escaladed issues and meet deadline requirements
• Assist Customer Care in resolving provider inquiries providing customer service with professionalism
• Validates the data to be housed on provider databases for multiple Medicare contracts.
• Ensures adherence to business & system requirements of customers as it pertains to contracting, network management & credentialing following all government regulations
Medicare Claims Processor III
Processed (DMAC) claims forms for payment, data entry
• Processed MSP, PEN, multiple claim types/dmerc-durable medical equipment
• Ensured all information is supplied before eligible payments are made
• Identified problems & logically researched and reviewed escalade issues
• Adjusted, voids and reopened claims on-line within guidelines to ensure proper adjudication
Clerk
• Received, classifies, reconciles, consolidates & summarizes documents & information processes & codes documents
• Set up and maintained records, logs and files
• Compiled regular and special reports using established formats and procedures
• Contacted customers, suppliers or company associates to exchange information
• Operated, cleans & maintains various types of equipment for purposes of filming claims, correspondence & other related documents
• Received, sorted, and distributed incoming mail, and makes copies
• Completed and maintained production logs
anthem
Custome Care Representative (Former Employee), Mason, OHAugust 2, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: not the same in every states
I enjoyed my time there, the pay is different depending on the state you live in. I just wished I could have transferred so that I could have continued my career with the company
Good
Sr.System Analyst (Current Employee), CAJuly 29, 2015
I have been working at UST Global full-time (More than 7 years).

good salary, nice co-workers, technology.You learn a lot of valuable skills to succeed in a corporate environment. You can always learn more skills at your own pace through there virtual learning portals. They also post seminar to stay up to date with the current tools being utilized in the SW industry. Once you complete your months of training, they place you in many fortune 500 companies.
Customer Service Rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2015
Call center environment; accepting in bound calls. This company benefits were great along with working around internal customers.
most enjoyable
Senior, RN Case Manager III (Current Employee), South CarolinaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: too many changes making it difficulty to advance
You will learn a lot from the organization and about the business of healthcare, and work with a diverse population. They offer some great products to their members.
Productive and motivational workplace where everyone works like a team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: bonuses, overtime oppurtunities
It is a wonderful experience working with wellpoint. management cares about their employees and any concerns they might have, it is also a great place with advancement within the company.
A Pleasant place to work if you like making outbound calls
Health Program Representative (Former Employee), saint Louis MOJuly 21, 2015
I was hired through a temp agency.
The job is on the lines of telemarketing and sales.
The management team is pleasant.
Very pleasant and professional work environment
The job is very redundant, you do the same thing each day.
Its a very easy job
Good company with bad upper management.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST Sr (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Pay was decent, work from home for most.
Cons: Flaky upper management not much chance for advancement unless you are in the right clique.
Most of the rank and file people are great and know their stuff. Most have been there for at least a decade. The problem with Anthem is they have "Shiny Thing Syndrome" Senior management likes to change things at the drop of a hat with no warning and completely change the direction of the company without it seems much thought.

Like all large companies they answer to the shareholders before their customers and definitely before their workers.

It can be a wild ride but overall it is a good place to work.
Lots of opportunity for growth
Trainer II (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: insurance, vision, dental, stock option, free flu shots
I started in customer service and then worked as an employer service representative to a corporate trainer. Anthem paid for certifications and reimburses for school. I learned there is only so far to go and grow. I enjoy all of my co workers, manager, and associates I work with. the hardest part is when its time to explore other options and let go of what you have been used to for 10 years.
would work there again in a heartbeat
Nurse Medical Management II - Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2015
great company to work for, left because of personal reasons. cares about employees, great training. Paid well. Management was good also.
Flexible, organized, team work is not an issue
Transaction Processor (Current Employee), Erlanger, KYJuly 16, 2015
Love working in a organized enviornment, and look forward to learning new things, flexible, everyone works as a team,, give you the ability to learn new things
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Senior Clerical (Former Employee), COLUMBUS,GAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: WORKING FROM HOME
Cons: DEPARTMENT SIZE DECREASED DUE TO OUTSOURCE
AN OFFICE CLERICAL POSITON THAT TURNED INTO AN AT OFFICE POSITION. AT THIS POSITION HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO INVENTORY, DISTRIBUTE WORK TO VARIOUS EMPLOYEES, WORK ON SPREEDSHEETS AND TYPE LETTERS.
Micromanagers at local level - no communication
Director Quality Management (Former Employee), West VirginiaJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Decent salary
Cons: Unrealistic expectations - inequality throughout the office
Directors are directors in title only...full responsibility and zero authority. Local leaders lack appropriate communication and micromanagement runs rampant. Unrealistic expectations from local leaders. Associates are expected to follow all policies and procedures, but top leadership at the local level seem to be exempt from such requirements. Worst job I have ever had!
Anthem
Health & Life Agent (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: Team leads had never been in the healthcare field nor had medical background.
The Anthem project was new to everyone due to the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, so the exact procedures were not in place, as an agent that worked in the under 65 market independently it was quite easy for me to be able to advise, direct and complete all necessary steps to make certain our client had health insurance that they understood and the changes were made efficiently.
Industry