Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,634 reviews matching the search
Its a real fun place to work with
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2016
Its really fun place to work with and the team is really good .The best place one would get to work. Its been most enjoyable time working with anthem and i suggest everyone take some time to work with Anthem.
Good times bad times
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAAugust 25, 2016
I worked at Anthem Blue Cross for about 4 years.
My supervisors were great! Hours were great and benefits were also pretty good.

My position was a salary + commission. What started happening was that quota's were changed mid month! So in football terms, they kept pushing the goal post further and further back in the middle of the game.

I was part of a reduction in force in 2012 and since then sales department I was in has been dissolved.
Pros
Great people to work with in my department. Some flexibility in work hours.
Cons
Commission quotas changed mid-month.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia AveAugust 24, 2016
this is a good place to work great culture and very nice people to work with. awesome benefits and overall a stable job as long as you work hard and show up you will be rewarded
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representive I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2016
A typical day would include numerous emails about any information that has been updated or changed. If there is a meeting then the department would have a meeting all together to discuss the changes. Employees and management got along very well. The employees listened to their calls and looked at their surveys on how to improve the call time and flow.
Great location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2016
Love my manager but the organization there was poor.
I applied to several jobs within the company and never got an interview. There was no job advancement for me.
starting from the bottom
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 21, 2016
Anthem is a great starter job for someone that may be looking to step into the working field or may not know what they would like to do career wise.
Pros
there are no weekend hours.
Cons
The department to department hire is not a seemless as it is said to be
Rcr
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 19, 2016
Very peaceful environment. Co-worker are helpful when needed. Managers and supervisors are as well. They were very flexible with your hours and when you got off
Great work life balance
Financial Operational Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2016
Really flexible, can work from home. Management is humane, and goes their way to help associate. Great location, close to everything
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lunch expensive
It was a good start up to enhance my skills
Junior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2016
Learning platform for me. It was a great opportunity to start my career as Java Developer.
Anthem as given a chance to gain an experience as an intern in Java.
Pros
Cons
Breaks
had fun workin wit team !
Quailty management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2016
answerphones .copy, and right fax for the hedis review. We also send mail to offices requesting their information so the records can get audit for the insurance purposes
Pros
free lunch in from people who where tryin tosell to doctor
Cons
never got a raise
Shipping jobs overseas
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 16, 2016
High stress working environment, hard to get time off. They continually change middle management, customer service gets a higher salary and they route calls to us when they cannot find an answer.
Pros
Good parking, clean environment
Cons
Stressful with little to no job security
Anthem
Performance Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 16, 2016
Great culture. Hire from within a lot but usually decided on before it is even posted. Great PTO time and salary along with benefits.
Pros
pto, salary
Cons
hard to move up
Hard working company
Customer Service Representative- Taking (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAAugust 13, 2016
Worked hard on helping other team mates, taking in calls to help the customer with their needs and information that they needed. Assisting doctor offices with information that they needed.
Pros
department luncheons
Cons
short breaks
Decent stable job with benefits
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2016
If you dont mind being monitored and micromanaged for 8 hours a day 5 days a week and can talk to the phone you have a job. Pay is good, benefits package is great. My manager was the worst manager I have ever encountered, doing things against the company's/employees/customers best interest to better serve herself, and HR didnt care. Company is not always in the sonsumers best interests either, plenty of underhanded business. Besides that, it was a easy boring 9-5
benefits
Cons
management, company ethics
Great place for growth and career advancement
Finance and Decision Support Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2016
Great place for growth and career advancement. A lot is expected of the employees with little training but the company is improving.
Pros
Great career advancement and all employees are eligible for bonuses
Cons
Large company and growing bureaucracy
Worst place to work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 13, 2016
Anthem doesn't care about their employees - the company is full of bullies. Management play favoritism and hire incompetent people. Their decisions create monetary loss and to recoup loss they lay off their employees
Benefits
Cons
Not having work balance, work bullying
Friendly and quiet atomsphere
Medical Management Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2016
Enjoyed working there all thought I was through an agency. Workflow was consistent. The on hands training was great and the location. Co-worker were very friendly.
Anthem in Newbury Park
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAAugust 10, 2016
I lasted a few weeks. I can't deal with cliques and lazy supervisors who play Pokémon all day. Now I plan to go to a different dept no Small Group.
Pros
Close to freeway
Cons
Low pay, no choice in hours
Productive Place to work
Medicare Senior Support (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAAugust 8, 2016
The advancement is limited within the Company and not room for growth. I enjoyed the training with different software systems and working with the team.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A great group of people to work with.
HEDIS Nurse Auditor (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 8, 2016
I was a contract worker for the HEDIS project 2 years running. Exacting work, travel to MD offices , doing chart review, audit and data entry.
Travel could be overwhelming, but the managers during the 5 month project kept doing small things to recognize and thank us for the work we were doing and progress we were making. They worked hard to let us know we were part of the team and helping them out to a great extent.
Pros
good pay, good group of peaople to work with. FT employees always made us feel welcomed.
Cons
travel to MD offices could occasionally get overwhelming, but reimbursed for all travels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.