Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Place
BCBA Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CASeptember 20, 2017
Love working with them and being an independent contractor. I would recommend all healthcare professionals to provide their services with blue cross anthem.
n/a
Customer Service/ Claims Rep II/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 20, 2017
I don't like doing this sort of thing on here. So you will get just as much info as i have provided on this website.. They told me i had to fill this out in order to proceed,
Not an outstanding place to work
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, GASeptember 19, 2017
Production cannot be met in an 8 hour day and requires at least 10-12 hours a day. Being above average is next to impossible. They want to keep you in the middle of the continuum from below average to above average. The better you perform then the more they pay you so they make you work 12 plus hours a day to achieve. No consideration is given for any illness or family emergencies. If you need to be out more than a day better contact HR for short term leave.
Pros
Fairly easy if need off for dental appointments etc, can work from home
Cons
No time for breaks or lunch
Easy work place, low pay
Credentialing Associate /Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 19, 2017
Typical day of work, flexible hours from 7am-6pm. Management is hit or miss. Low opportunity for advancement. Low pay. Hardest part of the job is staying motivated.
It is a great place to work.
Advanced Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I think overall Anthem is a great place to work. As with any corporation the respective management is what makes a job and also is the major determinant in your career growth within that area. Anthem has one of the best training programs that I have seen. In addition to tuition reimbursement, they give monetary awards when one receives certifications. They also give access to a multiplicity of online courses which can help you grow in almost every area that you desisre.
Pros
telecommuting in many departments
Cons
N/a
Premier company
Appeal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2017
A top-rated manage care company that gives vast experience in the healthcare field. The company is proficient in all areas with great room for growth opportunities
java developer
Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2017
i am an java developer looking for a change and able to work on most of the backend coding using java /j2ee and writing API and trouble shooting testing in agile methodologies
Cons
team lunch outing
great way to make money , good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CASeptember 18, 2017
great way to make money and they have good benefits if you have a family and calling in was an automated service so you didn't have to talk to a manager or rep.
Pros
great way to make money
Cons
short breaks
Challenging environment
MANAGER I (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 18, 2017
National Government Services is a company of consistent change. Evolving contracts and continual regulation changes creates an environment of necessary adaptation.
great job
Pharmacy Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 17, 2017
job was good cant complain great workers and management easy to learn new things and received a lot of help upon actually going out on the floor to work
Treated fairly
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2017
Began working as a claims examiner until they lost the Medicaid contract. Was retained as a Claim Adjuster adjusting claims company wide until the backlog was reduced. I then worked as a customer service person until I left to take care of my terminally ill wife. The company treated me fairly.
N/a
Telecom Expense Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Remote Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
I was just a contractor at Anthem on a short 6 month contract but would like to be employed full time with the company if the right opportunity arose.
I was terminated for not maintaining a case load of 60 members.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 14, 2017
Anthem Medicaid has alot of Providers leaving the network. There are delays in members receiving needed care. The Provider Network in Texas is not being updated.
Cons
Cut throat culture encouraged . Friends promoting friends with no experience
Great Place to work
Senior Employer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2017
I work in a customer service oriented position. However I work directly with Human Resources as a liaison between them and there employer. I assist with there inquires on benefits, claims, etc. Most of my inquires are received via email.
Overall, Anthem is a great place to work
Business Info Developer, Sr (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I have worked at Anthem for over 10 years. Overall, Anthem is a great place to work. I especially enjoyed their work from home opportunity. As with most companies, after 10 years on a job, you find yourself complacent and with a salary that is not competitive.
I typically work 40 plus hours a week. One plus about Anthem is their annual bonus.
Job security with quiet walls
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2017
The environment can be enjoyable but as new management has taken over there is no team comradarie,as now there is no open communication allowed on the floor. Working at anthem I have learned extreme self discipline, teamwork as well as self reliance. I've learned many different systems and I have learned to be adaptable on the fly.
Pros
Everyday jeans
Cons
Metric system for incentives
Intense Busy Season, Well Managed
Sr. Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 12, 2017
I was hired as a seasonal contractor to assist with production of marketing materials. As a contractor, I had access to the appropriate training and was treated well by my colleagues. Except for the brevity of my assignment and lack of benefits, I was treated well - like any member of the team.

I liked the culture. The only downside is a strong preference for hiring through personal ties.
Great Company in someways
Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2017
Anthem is a good company. The management in my department is where it is lacking. The Director is not someone that I can be associated with any longer.
Pros
Good benefits
Anthem
Grievances & Appeals Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 11, 2017
Grievance/Appeals Analyst II will review, analyze and process non-complex and some complex pre service and post service grievances and appeals requests in the Enterprise Grievance & Appeals Department from customer types and multiple products related to clinical and non clinical services, quality of service, and quality of care issues to include executive and regulatory grievances.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no place advancement
Great Place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80203September 11, 2017
Workplace culture is balanced. Management is good. The hardest part of the job is our busiest time of year Annual Enrollment Period. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers with great, professional and diverse personalities.
Pros
onsite fitness center, quarterly bonuses, company provided coffee and tee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.