Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,001 reviews matching the search
Good
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2017
I worked on the phones taking 100+ calls per day to assist members with claims and benefits. Calling providers with authorizations and sending out id cards.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 21, 2017
I loved it here was great to work here and learn about processing and paying claims. I had a great manager she taught me everything I know. I worked 6am to 2:30pm loved my hours and peers.
Pros
great place to work
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 19, 2017
A good company to work for with great training and room for growth. Great benefits, low premiums and really good coverage. Work/life balance is greatly encouraged
Amerigroup corp
Utilization Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 19, 2017
The day is very quiet and lengthy. The hardest part of this job is having no work for hours at a time. Management is frequently unavailable for support for new hires. The office is very quiet yet professional. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning something new with and grasping it so quickly.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Terrible management communication
Health Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2017
Can be a stressful work environment. Good discount on healthcare benefits. Good health and wellness incentives. Good pto benefits, flexible schedule to align with family life.
Pros
Discount on Health Care Benefits
Great Compensation and Pay
EAP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 17, 2017
Great pay and compensation. This was a temp position so I knew it would be ending in 6 months. The management staff and co-workers were very supportive and fun.
Pros
Great Compensation and Pay
Cons
It was a temp. positioin.
Very Great Place to Work
Data Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 16, 2017
Anthem is a wonderful company, i would go back in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I became ill and they let me go. I truly wish I could go back to work there.
Anthem used to be a better company
Client Services Associate II (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 16, 2017
Worked as a an associate who would handle enrollment of new members for companies that had at least 50 employees. Typically I would handle cases up to 400 people for enrollment. Really boiled down to paper pushing, and verifying that that information on enrollment was correct and complete. Not a bad job because each enrollment was different so it wasn't completely repetitive. The culture has become more business minded and less family. I actually had a one year review negative remark because I had three days of sick time, I mean really?? They used to have a few employee appreciation events and by the time I left they boiled it down to nothing. Management is all who you know and get along with. You have my back, I have yours. So if you have a problem with one, you have a problem with them all. No one cares what an employee has to do as long as the sale is made. I really hated that. You also don't have full benefits, not even a plan with co-pays which I find ridiculous as you work for the health care company. So, all in all, I would work there again but it would depend on the position and who I had to work with. I also would want to make sure my spouse had a better health care plan for the family. The 401K benefits are nice.
Pros
401K Benefits and Stock Options
Cons
Health insurance plans, management
Its okay.
Utilization Management Rep II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 16, 2017
Management is not good at all in the LTSS department. I didn't like the way you start your work with lack of training. Overall I wouldn't work in the LTSS department a all.
Anthme is a good place to work
Operations Expert /Supervisor - FEP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2017
Anthem BCBS Inc. / Wellpoint Inc. was a good place to work, Onsite gym and cafeteria . Modern facility, Security onsite . Ability to move up the ranks if yu are focused and driven
Best Place to learn & excel
ServiceNow Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Anthem, Inc. is one of the largest health benefits companies in the United States. Through

its affiliated health plans, Anthem companies deliver several leading health benefit solutions

through a broad portfolio of integrated health care plans and related services, along with a

wide range of specialty products such as life and disability insurance benefits, dental, vision,

behavioral health benefit services, as well as long term care insurance and flexible spending

accounts.
enjoyment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MOMay 15, 2017
I love working with our customers and solving their issues. They are a large company and well known in the industry. I just feel for personal reasons that it may be time for me to move on, depending on the opportunity.
Pros
salary
Cons
health benefits have declined
cubicle work is the same world round
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Anthem is a major insurance corporation and so must be operated as such. As long as you keep your head down and voice low you will be fine. The culture was very controlled and contrived.
Pros
regular hours and checks
Cons
your work in a box
Valuable place to work
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2017
I enjoy working at Anthem. Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant and with the core values of the company makes it worth going everyday. the flexible work schedule and benefits are a total package. My present manager is a blessing to work under and with.
Great Benifits and time off
Utilization Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 12, 2017
I would prefer not to review the company as I was only there for a year and a half. My experience was only with my current department and not with the company as a whole.
Fun place to work
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2017
Worked with excellent "Buddies" and supervisors. The work was very rewarding and challenging and I enjoyed that. The other employees and I have become very good friends. The training was excellent.
Pros
Very good experience
Cons
Short Breaks
WellPoint
Manager, Integration PMO -Project Management Off (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 11, 2017
Great company to work for. It had a very effective executive team who had a clear strategic vision. They not only had great strategies, but they also executed on them.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
A little cut-throat
Free gym
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 11, 2017
Average place to work. Upper management is out of touch with workers. Company holidays have been reduced over the last 10 years. Low hiring rate for CA employees.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
minimal advancement opportunities
Great workplace to work for
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2017
This company has many positions to apply from. From entry-level that requires a high school diploma to PHD degree required positions. Most positions have the opportunity to work from home which is great. Also, the benefits are very good.
good job if you like insurance work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 9, 2017
anthem wasn't a bad place to work hard to move around an advance here in certain departments. Some favoritism when trying to advance and grow. This company is team work friendly everyone is a team player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.