Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,072 reviews matching the search
Treat people of color like a dog
Financial Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 27, 2017
I was really surprised to have been walked out for asking two or three individual's to quite down.

I came to work only to write check numbers in paper to do match up when returned checks were sent back.
good company to work for
Certified Bilingual Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJune 27, 2017
call center and took care of all calls, either for RX prescription issues, claims issues, reinbursements, providers if contracted or not, changing PCP primary care physicians. i learned all the industry of ACA affordable care act and all the industry of health care.
Pros
lunch provided for volunteering on OT
Cons
Micromanaged
Loved this job
Customer Care Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2017
This, by far, was the best place I had ever worked. I had to leave because of medial, but if I didn't have to leave, I would still be there today. Their benefits are amazing and they have great resources to help you move farther in the company.
Pros
benefits, management, resources
Cons
sitting all day, stress from customers can be hard.
Working in the call center is like working in a sweat box.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2017
No never ever again . Never again will I ever work for that company. This company was a strain on my health. The company rules are too regimented like in concentration camp days.
Great work-life balance, terrible leadership
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
The lions share of work for a typical day involves data preparation; the data are not well documented and at times complex. This isn't as much a bi-product of bad design as much as a symptom of rapid acquisition of business. In that sense, I would not recommend Anthem if having to spend considerable time making sense of data is not your cup of tea.

One positive aspect of working at Anthem is the real-world exposure to large data. It can be challenging and interesting to try to develop a model that needs to score medical history for 36+ million lives on a regular basis, for example.

Another positive part about Anthem analytics is that the work-life balance is quite progressive. Most managers seem to understand that the best employees produce more when they are given responsibility and told what is needed and not how and when.

Overall, I've also been very impressed with my co-workers. There are many very intelligent people working at Anthem. Many come from diverse backgrounds in medicine, physics, applied mathematics, etc.

On the negative side I've been very unimpressed with senior leadership, particularly among the analytic department. Frankly, this is the single area that is spectacularly broken at Anthem.

The leaders are terrible, seeming to prefer perceived momentum over direction and results.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Terrible leadership
Anthem is a okay job to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 26, 2017
A typical day at anthem was a little hectic because the department I worked in would receive other calls that we wasn't trained on there package . If you had a difficult call after seven the customer would want to speak with someone like the manager but there was only a lead on the floor
Na
Portfolio Director (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 26, 2017
Continually advancing technologies.
The company is continually reorganizing. Leadership changes are constant.
Changes in Healthcare and mandates impact the direction of change.
A Typical day at work
Sr. MSBI Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 25, 2017
Its Good to work here and culture. A typical day at work and need to work hard. Need to prepare the things for uncertainty. Its like every other company
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 23, 2017
Take ownership of and resolve customer issues with care and concern. •Act as an advocate for our customers by providing support and guidance of their anticipated needs, personal options and decisions
Typical Day
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 22, 2017
Each week of each month is the same. What I do is make sure doctors received there month payment for taking care of recipients. My job is take make sure bank account numbers, address, and payment amounts are correct.
Pros
same old thing each month
Cons
Same old thing each month.
Review
COBOL Programmer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Not a great place to work. Very high pressure. Lack of work/home life balance. Many very tight deadlines which are almost impossible to meet. Company is planning to downsize in the near future.
When Anthem took over the company culture changed for the worse
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 20, 2017
I found when Blue Cross was a company before Anthem bought them out, the company culture and work life balance was wonderful. When Anthem bought them out there was no such thing as work life balance.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Fun and fast spaced
Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
enjoyed working with manager . Very much fast spaced industry. hardest part of the job accomplishing goal. The most enjoyable part once goal achieved felt great satisfaction and motivation.
Positive overall experience
Nurse Case Manager - Grievances & Appeals (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 20, 2017
Management well educated and hard working to relevant issues.
Work/life balance is positive.
Training is appropriate for job description.
Pleasant atmosphere for work.
Worth it.
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee) –  220 Virginia Ave.June 20, 2017
I learned many things as well as grew as a person in life and my career so I am forever grateful for have worked there for many years. I would recommend anyone to try and get a position here.
Great Corporation to work for
Nasco Production Vendor Return Tracking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAJune 20, 2017
Anthem is an awesome place to work and build a career. While I have been with Anthem for the last 6 years I have learned a lot. The hardest part of this job is accountability. Everyone is not accountable for their own. The most enjoyable part is I enjoy what I do and they have room to grow with the company.
Pros
Great Benefits and Bonuses
Cons
Short lunches
Poor system daily to work on.
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 19, 2017
very poor management , no to little help when your computer goes down, Computer down most of the working day. Most of the week computer is not working at all, IT has no idea how to get the computer to work, you wait for hours to get your computer to work each day, Most /to all of the department system is down daily.
Sorry I work here almost 2 year,
Very stress to work here .
pass on this job.
Pros
no help poor systems to work on
Cons
no help on the computer system at all, poor management too
Longest tenured Company
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2017
I was at Anthem for 15 years. I held a variety of roles and enjoyed each one. It is a much different organization after implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow
Cons
No COns
Advancement potential
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2017
Growth potential and advancement is possible. Employees are encouraged to expand their knowledge base and given opportunities to do so. High earning potential is a plus.
nice place to work
RN Medical Management II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 17, 2017
I love my job, I don't like all of the things that come along with it, but overall I am satisfied ... There are occasionally some long hours, especially around the holidays, but it is Monday thru Friday
Pros
work from home
Cons
no guaranteed ending time, salary so no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.