Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,963 reviews matching the search
Good Cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2017
Managers that micro manage make this job suck. Work in this job is not hard very easy to catch on with the different systems they have.
Worst part of the job is not having enough support through your O.E.
Strong Team and Great Work
Graduate Assistant, Foundation (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
Very well-connected team that believes wholeheartedly in the mission of the Foundation and what it's trying to achieve in the community. Nothing but the best is acceptable here, and success is expected from every employee, even while having some fun in between the work.
Very fulfilling work, needs management overhaul
Nurse Medical Management I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 26, 2017
I was involuntarily terminated for making a personal phone call after working many weeks 50-60 hours/week and received very good and positive reviews and 100% accuracy on audits. Very unfair termination, no warning, no option for resignation or action plan. 3 years of service, work-life balance was "highly regarded" however, actions speak louder than words.
Pros
Work at home
Great Company, but can be Difficult
Health Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2017
Depending on what department, and as they only hire out contractors, it can be a hard job. the initial 90 days are the hardest, and if like me you have any health issues that may force you to miss 3 days in that period, that's it. but they pay is great, and if you manage to get through the 90 days, its a great place. the pay is excellent for the work you do, and once you get hired on permanently, the benefits are amazing.
Not very real, very phoney atmoshere. A fake feeling of family is fostered there.
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  S Portland, ME 04106April 25, 2017
Working as a temp for Anthem was not a very pleasant experience for me. They like to foster a sense of family there, but it really isn't that way. I was told that I was doing well and then seemingly overnight I had to constantly deal with "retraining" and "extra help". I was assured that it was this way for everyone and I had nothing to worry about. My calls were fine, I had more good reviews than errors, but one day they told me my contract was ended due to accuracy issues. I didnt understand because I wasn't doing badly. In fact, I was doing better than some of the other temps there. I was lulled in to feeling safe there when I should have been looking for a job. I was told that all was well but they were already planning on ending my contract. I thought it to be very underhanded and dishonest.
Pros
Great benefits if hired on from temp to perm
Cons
Very superficial people, not very honest with employees. Pay rate could be better too.
Stable organization with good leadership and opportunities for those willing to work hard and smart.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
Excellent culture. Long hours during some periods. Lots of talented employees. Very large organization so can sometimes feel fragmented. Benefits are good.
Pros
Leadership, Culture, Opportunity, Bonus pool
Cons
Long hours during periods of peak activity
Soho studio
ASSOCIATE DESIGN DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. My boss was great and fostered professional growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and location of the office. It was in the heart of Soho.
Great overall
Provider Reimbursement Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
Very flexible company, the benefits could be a little bette i.e. health insurance wise.

Lots of opportunity to advance within the company. I enjoy working from home.
Systems Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 23, 2017
Daily fire drills
Management skills
Management mostly fair and supporting
A culture for easy going but stress for goal setting and exceeding
Keeping up with the rapid changes
Coworkers were a joy
Supportive management. Helping people culture.
Health Plan Adviser (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 23, 2017
I was employed in temporary contract position and the management was very supportive, the training was excellent, and the atmosphere of helping people navigate the Affordable Care Act offerings was a culture of caring.
Pros
Management and Lead positions were great people who really helped.
Cons
Half hour lunch was barely time enough to get to cafeteria and eat.
Productive fun workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 22, 2017
Great management stuff, and awesome professional employees. I learned a lot during my stay and I recommend this job for employees who are seeking growth in their career.
Extremely supportive work environment
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2017
Wonderful team members that are willing to help and provide support as needed. I have learned to multi-task as this is needed when working in a busy environment.
Pros
Many great benefits
Cons
Exempt
Laid back Environment
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 22, 2017
Really enjoyed my time here wish it would have lasted longer. Supervisors were awesome and the job was really simple to do. Hoping to go back as soon as an opening occurs.
Mixed Management Signals
Financial Accounting Reporting & Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
Work was offloaded onto your plate with no training and you were expected to pick up the slack for others.

Management was clickish and if you brought up ideas that were better than theirs, they would sometime not embrace your ideas, especially if it challenged the status quo.
Nice company to work for
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHApril 19, 2017
I am a former employee who worked in Claims Processing and was promoted to Sales Assistant. This is a great place to work. The only thing I didn't like was the massive lay off in 2009.
Pros
Lay off
Cons
Great pay, breaks, lunches, co workers, new friends
Sr. Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 19, 2017
Anthem as and organization is a great place to work. I have had several contracts as a Sr. Project/Program Manager and delivered over 50 projects. The Management is very knowledgeable and is willing to help their people.
Pros
Work from home
GOOD work environment
Sr. SQL SERVER DBA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
It was great experience working for this client and i would like to again work for this client in Future if given a chance again. Thanks for the project manager for the support
Challenging work environment
Business Analyst I - III (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things and the great attitude and team mentality of my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is the volume of work with few resources.
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 18, 2017
An excellent company to work for with growth and opportunity. Fast paced, on a daily basis faced with constant changes, however; those changes challenge you on a daily basis, to be an advocate for the costumers that we are servicing on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes systems are slow
Great people to work with.
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAApril 18, 2017
Overall I had a great experience working there. I learned a lot about processing medical claims after not knowing anything about the industry when I was first hired. The hardest part of the job was the training. I think they could have done a better job in training me then they did. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing adjustments on claims. You really had to investigate and make sure the claim was done correctly the first time it was submitted.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Not very good rules or ethics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.