Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,125 reviews matching the search
Memphis based
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2017
My experience was a manager who yelled and coworkers who were hostile. The "transformation" was never ending. It was difficult to meet 95% documentation accuracy according to the auditors because the auditors were not consistent in how they read and interpreted notes.
Pros
Salary is pretty good
Cons
Manager who yelled. Hostile environment.
Anthem Inc
Developer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 26, 2017
Good place to work. Not much scope for advancemen tt due to bad managers in some locations. As an employee working on Green card, My manager did not keep his word and I had to move out of the company because of that reason.
Pros
good employees, good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad higher management and less scope for growth
Fun, safe environment
Health Program Rep II (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 26, 2017
Anthem is a well established company that services several states with tons of growth opportunities.Anthem is a very flexible company who is PRO work-from-home.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Healthcare Coverage
Cubicles
Health Service Associate II- HEDIS (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 25, 2017
No employee bonding, split divisions, no contact with others outside your group unless in the breakroom.. More team building experiences needed to connect the employees and make them feel valued. The company is so large they may forget the basics of making the environment enjoyable to maintain the employees for a longer period of time.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
No Team environment, just work and go home.
fast paced call center environment
INSURANCE VERIFICATION (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
did not like working 2nd shift, not enough training, enjoyed compensation, hardest part was trying to do my job with little training, i enjoyed working with co workers and enjoyed helping customer with prescriotions.
Pros
the pay
Cons
2nd shift not enough training
Awful stay away!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 23, 2017
Worst job I ever had. Customer Service they treat you like garbage. Get yelled at on the phone all day. Can't leave your desk. Management is terrible. Everyone kisses up to them. If you are smart they don't like you.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Excellent Company to be employed by
Medical Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 22, 2017
Learned so many life skills with Anthem. Great vision, culture, management, benefits and much more! The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful patients~
Pros
Job duties, benefits, training, and the customers
Cons
No concerns
nice in the beginning
Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 20, 2017
you have the option to work at home if you meet all requirements. you have to be able to meet production and quality goals. work mostly with by yourself. nice entry level job.
Not what they claim
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 20, 2017
Anthem provides ample training (nearly two months) and gives you loads of encouragement. The difference from the class to the floor is astounding. Bad attitudes all around and the opportunity for advancement is not as abound as they made it seem. You pretty much have to sell your soul to the company to get ahead and be willing to live there.

I have never worked some place where there was so much negativity both on and off the floor. Even managers were spotted trash talking each other then smiling about it later. I was excited during training and thought I was going to be doing something really good but every keystroke is scrutinized and handled in seriously the most unprofessional manner I've experienced.

The training was the best part of my job there and honestly it would not have to be so extensive if they didn't use such antiquated systems. They brag about the hundreds of millions of dollars they make in revenue but they won't update their computers or programs. On top of the drastic pay difference between the entry level person and the managers. It isn't encouraging - it's slavery.
Pros
New facilities and in depth training
Cons
poor management, inadequate pay for the stress
Good company.
Director, Network Management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2017
Good company with great co-workers. The company offers an assortment of education opportunities and pretty good benefits. Most health plans have employee potlucks, lunches and have events for employees to have fun.
Pros
Company offer work from home positions.
Cons
Little work life balance.
Great Coompany
Strategic Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 19, 2017
Great company with good benefits, flexible scheduling and work from home opportunities.Very fast paced and extremely stressful environment with little support.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Stressful environment
great company with great benefits with a relaxed culture
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 19, 2017
Everyone expected to perform at their optimal level but aren't micromanaged. This allows associates to feel more comfortable, learn and grow and reduces everyday stress. Management was supportive and helpful and provided the right amount of guidance for each associate. Great team environment where everyone was willing to help each other out. Hardest part of my job was not being able to see all the people I worked with even at annual sales conferences which helped with having a stronger, better working relationship. Best part of my job was the work/life balance, not having to "clock in and out" as long as I'm always available and doing the best I can. Never missed any deadlines and was willing to give more than 100% because I was happy with my team and management.
Pros
many work at home opportunities
Cons
don't get to have too many in person meetings, conferences, etc
No regard for Employees Morale
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2017
We are micro managed, some of the managers do not know how to perform the job that we do therefore they can not help us when we have questions, and some of the managers play favorites, Very little training is offered when introducing new job duties..
Pros
They Pay well
Cons
Low Morale
it sucks
Claims Representative I, II (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 19, 2017
Anthem is a terrible place to work. I have been laid off 3 times. It doesn't matter how good you are. I put in over 40 hours and my production was off the charts and Anthem still laid me off. They do it all the time. NO job is safe.
Pros
you can work at home
Cons
your job is not safe
Database Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
I worked at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield full-time (More than 7 years)
Loved Working with my team!! Great Experience so far!!
Anthem offers great benefits, Work at home opportunities are great,
my most favorite is Mylearning portal there are many online courses are available for you to take it at your own convenience
Great work/life balance. I've heard and experience nothing but great things
Pros
Anthem offers great benefits, Work at home opportunities are great
Cons
Anthem constantly needs talent. I hope hiring mangers consider hiring inside talent first.
Overall very good
Subject Matter Expert III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
Overall Anthem BCBS (WellPoint) is a good company to work with. Very high turnaround though. The people are nice. Managers can be a little iffy. Most frustrating thing about this job is advancement is based on who you know not what you know
Pros
Nice compensation
Cons
Hard to advance
Company fails to provide proper training....
CSR1 (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 17, 2017
They cycle though employees, they will tell you to ask for help, but then do no provide the proper or addlt training as requested, Pay decrease after hired on full time. Had a horrid work experience with Anthem and would not recommend them as a future emplyer for anyone looking for long term employment.
Office space was in a dingy basement in an old building with horrible air quality where I got sick for over 2 years.
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 17, 2017
This job was through a third party company, HCL America, that really did not treat its employees fairly. Also, due to job failures and blatant disrespect to female employees, the person supervising me was dismissed 6 weeks after I left the company.
Pros
There were health benefits with the job.
Cons
Break schedules were managed poorly, in fact my work shift was 3 p.m. to 12 p.m., and my meal break was at 10 pm.
Worst Managed Care Organization - Micromanagers - No Work Life Balance
Project Manager - Marketing Project Management (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 17, 2017
A typical day involves uncontrolled chaos and being managed by people who don't have the credentials or experience to be in their position. The culture is fake and the "core values" are just a pretty piece of paper with words on it - they are followed out of fear not because the leadership is inspiring. The shareholders are large and in charge - as soon as they are not getting the profits they want cut backs and hiring freezes happen... often.

The whole managed health care is such a scam and they are just wasting tax payer/state money to market medicaid products.
Pros
Gym and some childcare reimbursement.
Cons
Salary is low for management positions, BIG micro-management and Managers/Leaders don't trust employees to do things
Very demanding and stressful job
Consumer Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2017
A typical day that Anthem for me as a Consumer Care Associate consisted of taking inbound calls and inbound chats from Anthem associates and Eli Lilly associates. .Answering questions about claims, benefits, and advising members about programs that were offered through Anthem such as Future Moms , and Complex Care and Condition Care programs geared towards helping members take better care of themselves by being better informed.
Pros
Helping members and giving quality customer service and the money
Cons
Management, dealing with unreasonable members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval