Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,063 reviews matching the search
Typical Day
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 22, 2017
Each week of each month is the same. What I do is make sure doctors received there month payment for taking care of recipients. My job is take make sure bank account numbers, address, and payment amounts are correct.
Pros
same old thing each month
Cons
Same old thing each month.
Review
COBOL Programmer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Not a great place to work. Very high pressure. Lack of work/home life balance. Many very tight deadlines which are almost impossible to meet. Company is planning to downsize in the near future.
When Anthem took over the company culture changed for the worse
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 20, 2017
I found when Blue Cross was a company before Anthem bought them out, the company culture and work life balance was wonderful. When Anthem bought them out there was no such thing as work life balance.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no work life balance
Fun and fast spaced
Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
enjoyed working with manager . Very much fast spaced industry. hardest part of the job accomplishing goal. The most enjoyable part once goal achieved felt great satisfaction and motivation.
Positive overall experience
Nurse Case Manager - Grievances & Appeals (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 20, 2017
Management well educated and hard working to relevant issues.
Work/life balance is positive.
Training is appropriate for job description.
Pleasant atmosphere for work.
Worth it.
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee) –  220 Virginia Ave.June 20, 2017
I learned many things as well as grew as a person in life and my career so I am forever grateful for have worked there for many years. I would recommend anyone to try and get a position here.
Great Corporation to work for
Nasco Production Vendor Return Tracking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAJune 20, 2017
Anthem is an awesome place to work and build a career. While I have been with Anthem for the last 6 years I have learned a lot. The hardest part of this job is accountability. Everyone is not accountable for their own. The most enjoyable part is I enjoy what I do and they have room to grow with the company.
Pros
Great Benefits and Bonuses
Cons
Short lunches
Poor system daily to work on.
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 19, 2017
very poor management , no to little help when your computer goes down, Computer down most of the working day. Most of the week computer is not working at all, IT has no idea how to get the computer to work, you wait for hours to get your computer to work each day, Most /to all of the department system is down daily.
Sorry I work here almost 2 year,
Very stress to work here .
pass on this job.
Pros
no help poor systems to work on
Cons
no help on the computer system at all, poor management too
Longest tenured Company
Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2017
I was at Anthem for 15 years. I held a variety of roles and enjoyed each one. It is a much different organization after implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Pros
Opportunity to Grow
Cons
No COns
Advancement potential
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2017
Growth potential and advancement is possible. Employees are encouraged to expand their knowledge base and given opportunities to do so. High earning potential is a plus.
nice place to work
RN Medical Management II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 17, 2017
I love my job, I don't like all of the things that come along with it, but overall I am satisfied ... There are occasionally some long hours, especially around the holidays, but it is Monday thru Friday
Pros
work from home
Cons
no guaranteed ending time, salary so no overtime
Good place
Concierge Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 15, 2017
Contacted members to ensure they understood their benefits. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed and management was not looking over your shoulder. As long as you meet daily production you had no problems.
Nice people, flexible for such a large company, productive
Customer Service Representative I. Teir II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2017
I think lunches should have been free to 50% off for fulltime associates. Lunch was EXPENSIVE!!! I really enjoyed meeting wonderful people at Anthem. Not everyone was happy but I think it to be expected in such a large company.
Pros
Really nice people, honest that will do their job to the best of their ability.
Cons
Some people felt ignored by organization, I wonder if they're still there??? Probably because there were good perks to working for them.
It was a good position
Systems Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2017
Position was a contractor working for a contractor. Expectations were vague and procedures changed daily with little or no notification. Management agreed to expectations that were difficult to comply with and they were set without any employee input
production
Anchor Plaza Parkway (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33634June 14, 2017
horrible to employees, not considerate. expect you to work Saturdays with a 48hr notice not realizing some employess are not able to come in due to they have children.
Pros
quarterly incentives
Cons
should have 60 min but they change it daily to 30
Interesting place
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed my job and what I did but unfortunately, it became a hostile work environment due to senior staff making malicious and racist comments to me as well as insensitivity to disabilities. the hardest part of the job was definitely working with my senior staff. I also felt that even though I have a degree and work experience, it was almost impossible to move outside the call center even though I was told during interview that it was easy to move outside
Pros
good hours
Cons
management
Anthem is a good place to work
Developer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 13, 2017
Anthem is a well known company with diverse culture and with encouraging environment. The benefits, compensation are one of the best.The company takes every care to take care of personal data. OVERALL Anthem is a good place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Healthcare
No longer a great place to work
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  VAJune 13, 2017
Company has decide to relocate IT positions to Atlanta Georgia. Employees where let go with little notice, asked to train temps while the relocation and new hire transition took place. Entire departments were let go at all levels.
Company will reimburse only one week of unused PTO time so you have to use it or lose it before your last day of work. Only four weeks notice to use up the PTO time and training consultants became extremely frustrating for someone that cares about what they did and the future of that work.

Benefits:
No longer pension plans
401K match was reduced over the years
PTO can not be accumulated and carried over like it had in past years
Health benefit costs are based on what you make. The more you make the higher the cost. Cost and copays were very high.
Work at home opportunities are becoming a thing of the past

Coworkers are like family and support each other. Management cares about their employees, unfortunately the changes and decisions came from a lot higher up.

HR was unprofessional and cold during the transition. Some employees did not get severance without jumping through hoops and HR was difficult to reach for questions.
Treats employees very well
Clinical Quality Compliance Administrator, Sr (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 12, 2017
Culture that encourages growth. The entire Unicare Health Plan team works together to strive for excellence in the work place and out in the community.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Security
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2017
Really great place to work!! I love the people very energetic and awesome. I had to leave because of maternity but I would go back. I loved that place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval