Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,012 reviews matching the search
Worked with the best
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 25, 2017
Enjoyed working with Anthem. I worked with the best in the industry. It was alway busy and challenging. The teams were innovative and creative which I loved!
Contracted to Anthem from HCL
Field Support Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 25, 2017
Everything about Anthem is amazing. The people, culture, work environment, absolutely everything. However, unfortunately I am contracted to Anthem from HCL for IT Services and HCL is one of the absolute worst companies I have ever worked for.
review
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 24, 2017
were not paid enough for the amount of stress and extra work you are required to deal with and preform. the managers on the floor are great, theo ther employees are great people
Okay company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 24, 2017
Too competitive, need to keep going up for better pay.Raises are based off on how well the company is doing, no matter how hard you work, they dont see that.
Pros
people
Cons
pay, benefits, dont appreciate employees
A good job to work life balance.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of running reports for management to track inventory.

I have learned how to write queries, pull data down from different data sources.

Most management was a pleasure to work with.

Workplace culture was mostly relaxed.

The hardest part of the job was going through different organizational changes and losing different managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, the work at home option, and learning all about writing different queries and pulling data.
Pros
Work at home
Chaos
Customer Care Representative II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
The work environment is unstructured and chaotic. No one cares how the work gets done, as long as it is done. This company is so far behind time, until it isn't funny. They won't purchase an imaging system. Management is poor.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, unstructured
Team work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAMay 23, 2017
Anthem provides training classes often, gives feedback to employees each month .
Anthem created several programs including associates volunteer opportunities to help the community.
Anthem provides great benefits for their employers.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Nothing to say
Great Place to Work
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
I have worked at Anthem since Nov. of 2009 as a Training Specialist. I was hired to specifically train their HPRS (Health Program Representatives). When I started, they did not have a formal training program or materials. Over the past 7+ years, I have developed the training program, the materials, the revisions. I have trained new groups in Atlanta and the Phillippines as well as a new trainer hired in St. Louis to train HPRS. I have been instrumental in revising materials, updating the training program and right now we are in the process of "flipping" the cirriculum for the HPR training. Anthem was voted the #34 in the top 150 training organizations in Training Magazine last year partially for our work of flipped classrooms. Anthem has great benefits and takes very good care of the employees. There is a culture of advancement, diversity, educational opportunities, openess and creativity. There is a comfortable working environment and the opportunity to work at home 2 days a week.
Pros
Great benefits, free college degree to fulltime employees, good location, work/life balance, working at home
Cons
I am stuck in a role now that is hard to break away from, not much chance to do something different, challenge
Highly Organized Company
Enterprise Release Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 22, 2017
Anthem is very organized operational and has the capability to be a great place of employment. The culture is comparable to its competitor UHC and which is quite above average. The experience I had was that when I was hired I was told I would have to work weekends twice a year. After 1 month into the job I was told I would have to work weekends 12 - 20 weekends a year and I was the only one in the group that had to do that.
Pros
Little compensate for working sometimes 80 hours a week
Excellent place to work for people with families
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  VirtualMay 22, 2017
Work Life Balance Culture is the absolute best thing about Anthem Excellent place to work.
Great assignments
Management really listens for input/feedback and as a team, leadership works hard to implement strategies and changes from feedback they receive.
Pros
remote work, work life balance, work life integration
Very friendly and helpful.
Specialist, HEDIS (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJ 08830May 22, 2017
Great company and great people to work with. Everybody was willing to help each other. I was a temporary employee for HEDIS 2017 project and everyone was very supportive and like a joining family. My team was a great team.
Pros
Very supportive and friendly team.
Cons
It was a very short term project.
Good
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2017
I worked on the phones taking 100+ calls per day to assist members with claims and benefits. Calling providers with authorizations and sending out id cards.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 21, 2017
I loved it here was great to work here and learn about processing and paying claims. I had a great manager she taught me everything I know. I worked 6am to 2:30pm loved my hours and peers.
Pros
great place to work
Appeals Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 19, 2017
A good company to work for with great training and room for growth. Great benefits, low premiums and really good coverage. Work/life balance is greatly encouraged
Amerigroup corp
Utilization Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 19, 2017
The day is very quiet and lengthy. The hardest part of this job is having no work for hours at a time. Management is frequently unavailable for support for new hires. The office is very quiet yet professional. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning something new with and grasping it so quickly.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Terrible management communication
Health Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 17, 2017
Can be a stressful work environment. Good discount on healthcare benefits. Good health and wellness incentives. Good pto benefits, flexible schedule to align with family life.
Pros
Discount on Health Care Benefits
Great Compensation and Pay
EAP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 17, 2017
Great pay and compensation. This was a temp position so I knew it would be ending in 6 months. The management staff and co-workers were very supportive and fun.
Pros
Great Compensation and Pay
Cons
It was a temp. positioin.
Very Great Place to Work
Data Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 16, 2017
Anthem is a wonderful company, i would go back in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I became ill and they let me go. I truly wish I could go back to work there.
Anthem used to be a better company
Client Services Associate II (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 16, 2017
Worked as a an associate who would handle enrollment of new members for companies that had at least 50 employees. Typically I would handle cases up to 400 people for enrollment. Really boiled down to paper pushing, and verifying that that information on enrollment was correct and complete. Not a bad job because each enrollment was different so it wasn't completely repetitive. The culture has become more business minded and less family. I actually had a one year review negative remark because I had three days of sick time, I mean really?? They used to have a few employee appreciation events and by the time I left they boiled it down to nothing. Management is all who you know and get along with. You have my back, I have yours. So if you have a problem with one, you have a problem with them all. No one cares what an employee has to do as long as the sale is made. I really hated that. You also don't have full benefits, not even a plan with co-pays which I find ridiculous as you work for the health care company. So, all in all, I would work there again but it would depend on the position and who I had to work with. I also would want to make sure my spouse had a better health care plan for the family. The 401K benefits are nice.
Pros
401K Benefits and Stock Options
Cons
Health insurance plans, management
Its okay.
Utilization Management Rep II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 16, 2017
Management is not good at all in the LTSS department. I didn't like the way you start your work with lack of training. Overall I wouldn't work in the LTSS department a all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval