Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,597 reviews matching the search
Fun and easy
Outreach Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJuly 22, 2016
Great place to be very simple to do and very encouraging people to be around. The lunch is amazing and always so fresh and filled with good source of vitamins.
Health Educator
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 22, 2016
Excellent pay and compensation, I worked a later shift in the call center and missed contact with patients. Loved the management and my team.
Consumer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
Anthem is a great place to work if you don't mind being called an idiot everyday. The pay was great and the manager was awesome but you are really not trained properly for the job you are hired to do. You get 12 weeks of training on things you barely use once you hit the floor. The supervisors show unwillingness to help you be successful so it's basically trial and error.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Stressful
Opinion of Anthem
Configuration Engineer Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
As insurance costs continue to go up, every medical visit I make someone tells me the horror stories of Anthem refusing the pay claims. As an employee, I do not know how true that is, I do not see that kind of information but if everyone is saying the same thing, there might be something to it.

I see a lot of dysfunction, finger pointing, everyone seems to be over allocated and too many silos of teams where most try to avoid issues.
Pros
Bonus is ok, some flexibile work arrangements
Cons
too many to list
good
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2016
good place to work
friendly environment
management is cool
decent salary
flexible hours of work
good place to live
company is very good with work balance
very productive
CSR III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2016
a typical work day constant phone calls... I learned medical terminology, HIPAA, ICD 9, ICD 10, HCPCS, Nasco, OBN, Encoder Pro, Customer Service. The hardest part of my job was helping another team with their calls. The most enjoyable part of my job Paid time off and benefits...
Pros
free workout facility, benefits
Cons
short lunch
Great office to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAJuly 20, 2016
Anthem, Inc is a great company to be a part of. I was a part-time employee to a wonderful doctor. I can not believe there are companies that still offer all benefits to part-time employees, including PTO.
Pros
Great benefits for part-time employees
Cons
EMR system needs a lot of work to be more helpful to doctors
Focused on quality and accuracy with member/clients in mind
Medical Claims Processor ll (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2016
could use more information in a typical days work with more work flow interaction with operations experts , learned mostly on my own after the initial training course , cultural of co workers are more of one ethnic group than a fair mix of ethnic groups, hardest part of the job was in meeting production in the highly complex projects where the claims were at the point of intricate capacity due to processing incorrectly from the beginning of the claims journey. the enjoyable part of the job was the fulfillment feeling of having done the job well and to the best of accuracy as possible for the benefit of medical providers and patients in the payment of their submitted medical bills. a great feeling have done the job well and knowing that it was done right knowing the procedures to accomplish that goal. Management could be better in relation to communication between employee and manager.
Pros
none at this time
Cons
better communication
Anthem work experience
Broker Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 18, 2016
Anthem had really good people, management for broker services was great.
job security.........? not so great...
they do not want to hire temps on permanent, just extend contracts.
they do pay the temps well though.
just no benefits because you are not permanent.
Pros
Cons
stability
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 18, 2016
Anthem has always been said to be a great place to job. I do not... Yes! Do not recommend anyone work in customer service. Broker services, handling calls from group administrators and brokers. This is a extremely high stress position. The brokers are rude, mean, and they are cut throat. The management is the same way, broker services is much like a high school. You can't get much help from the OE's and manager. No matter what you do. The management will ask you "why didnt you do tha or that". Training last for 6 weeks to get on the floor and use two percent of what you have learned. If you decide to apply please keep in mind, it will be your worst nightmare!
Pros
Looks good on your resume
Cons
Stressful beyond stressful
Great place to work!
Business Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 16, 2016
A great place to work! The company culture is great! People there are really friendly. Management is really nice and willing to work with you.
Total Telephonic job as I never met team face to face
Licensed Clinical Social Worker- Case Manage (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2016
Huge corporation. Stressful environment. Great immediate Manages. Laid off 3 different times. Excellent pay & other fringe benefits. Great co-workers. All were Nurses including managers. Job was all telephonic. I was only SW on the Senior Care team for the entire Northeast section of US dealing with Medicare. At time of lay off starting to deal with Medicaid.
Pros
Very good Pay
Cons
Predicatability of keeping a job was difficult.
Oracle Developer
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2016
• Collaborated with the Business analysts and the DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis, testing and project coordination
• Worked with Agile/Scrum team to deliver software projects and products.
• Developed SQL and PL/SQL scripts to transfer tables across the schemas and databases.
• Helped in maintaining the databases and also worked with production support team to solve tickets and debugging issues.Developed SQL scripts, packages and procedures for Business rules check to implement business rules.
Very strong company
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJuly 15, 2016
Anthem is a very high pace high stress company it is not a job for everyone but in the right situation it can be good for some people
They pay well, but you have no life
Field Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 13, 2016
Anthem is an excellent place to work to make a lot of money. Yet, you work non stop, management expects too much, and too many quotas. When you get off work you're exhausted. There is no work life balance, all you do is work, and think about what needs to be done. You never get to enjoy your success, because Management jumps right into next months goals. If you want a life stay away from Anthem.
Pros
Excellent Salary
Cons
No work life balance
Good company
Web Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company but was only for 6 months and was hoping the job would last longer. Overall great company!
Pros
Flexible
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2016
You have room for advancement, however I was laid off due to them shipping our jobs overseas
Have opportunities to work from home.
Great place to work but no job security
Business Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2016
Anthem would be a great place to work for if the insurance market was suffering so heavily at the moment. this has allowed for cuts and layoffs nationwide.
Productive workplace with great benefits
Process Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work is a steady workflow of defined responsibilities for each team member. I have learned a lot about process improvement and project management because of my role. I have been blessed to work for two great managers who were constantly concerned about my growth with the company. My co-workers are a group of fun, intelligent and collaborative people who are always eager to teach and help me. Working with them was the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of my job was juggling projects but through time, became an enjoyable part of my responsibilities.
Benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Productive but fun workplace with a relaxed atmosphere
Direct Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 12, 2016
I loved working with this company. It was a great place to intern my senior year of college as well as the first few months after graduation. I learned a lot of great things here that I am sure I will take with me in the years to come.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.