Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,120 reviews matching the search
Productive & Fun Place
HEDIS Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 13, 2017
My day started off as a typical work day. I learned alot regarding the system that was used and the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know coworkers as well as manager.
HIgh Paced
Sr Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2017
Very stressful in the insurance industry.. For those who like to cultivate and retain relationships in the industry however the payoff is fantastic and lots of opportunity to grow professionally.
benefits
Cons
stress of the changing industry
Great Place to Work/ Seasonal
Hedis Medical Record Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 12, 2017
Seasonal Hedis Chart Reviewer.
Love Working with this team! Great Experience and Great mangers.
Work doesn't feel like work. Always enjoy working with co-workers.
Pros
Great Place to work !
Uncertainty
Sales Assistor and SEP Validator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2017
The most difficult thing about the individual sales department is all of the uncertainty there is because of the ACA law. It is hard to work under very uncertain conditions.
Good place to work! Some room for career growth depending on the field you're in.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 11, 2017
Lots of opportunities and a good total reward package! There's lots to learn so it's important that you keep up with any changes and things affecting your job or the overall industry.
Productive and option to work at home options
Claims Rep II (Health and Dental) (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJuly 11, 2017
I love working it Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. I felt secure. it was a very productive place to work and I had a chance to work from home for several years the pay was right and they treated their employees very well
Pros
The benefits, the hours, you had flex time and understanding managers
Cons
All the layoffs and no cafeteria, limit overtime
stressful
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJuly 11, 2017
This job can be very stressful you are tied to the phones all day with only 30 min lunch and 2 15 mins breaks. the call volume can be very high which makes stress level sometimes through the roof.
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
I love working with anthem and handling medical insurance . Just looking for advancement in my career.
I would definitely recommend this job and position to anyone else .
Pros
Free parking and monthly Marta passes
Cons
Hard to advance and grow
just a job not a career no room for real growth
Customer Care Representative I (FT perm. position) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2017
I dislike the job and management period. Very stressful, Very unorganized. I am done talking about it because it is physically making me sick just the thought of it.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, high stress, overworked, underpaid
A great place to launch into a career
Sales Associate II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2017
Anthem has grown to be a huge workplace and the amount of work is there and competition is always a constant. A typical day at work involves a lot of communication with internal/external clients via phone and email. The culture is about getting the job done and making sure that the job gets done the right way. Workplace culture is one that involves collaboration with a strong focus on timelines and producing results and customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is getting a clear answer around the word no or declining a request. It often involves many people input and that can be like chasing a fox. The enjoyable part of job is connecting with people who are genuine, who care about their job duties and respect the workplace culture.
Pros
Great benefits, pay and potential for growth.
Cons
Lay-offs are common place, management overlook potential associates for advancement.
Anthem is a great place to work.
Health Educator Coach (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJuly 8, 2017
I really enjoy working with our members. We help a lot of people to learn to make healthier choices and help them to take a proactive approach to their health.
Pros
Work from home promote work life balance.
Cons
IT is sometimes a challenge.
Referral Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 8, 2017
It has a positive work enviroment with job security but in my opinion has no opportunity for advancement but in the 9 years of employment i did learn about the healthcare industry in more detail and how it affects healthcare benefits for its members
Great Opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAJuly 7, 2017
Great work place for growth and development and advancement opportunities. Full training is provided and you will have a lot of support from your manager and team once you start in your position.
great place for an open enrollment position
Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 6, 2017
typical day is what is planned and expected.
learned a lot from a great management team
co-workers friendly and helpful.
challenge learning and using some of the programs needed for the job.
camaraderie was a great part of working there.
Good Place to Work
Sr. Patient Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at Wellpoint/Anthem. When I started I was temp, but I came in to a new department just opening up , so it was a refreshing change from the norm. I literally was on of 6 new hires to help up start the department by putting together training materials for future training classes. I was actually learning the job along side my soon to be supervisor. This gave me a work perspective that I had never seen before. I actually got to participate in making our workplace culture be a friendly, family-like atmosphere. Coming to work was enjoyable & doing the job was technically the hardest part. I learned a lot about HEDIS measurements on this job & i was able to grow as an employee by being given opportunities to shine as a leader.
Pros
hour lunches, able to eat at your desk, annual bonuses
Cons
a little stressful
Anthem Review
Member Support (Current Employee) –  Richmond VaJuly 5, 2017
Anthem seems like a great place to work but your over worked and under paid. I like the people that work for Anthem but I do not like the management and the lack of pay that comes along with the job.
Frequent Reorganiztions
Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 4, 2017
I loved my job with Anthem. I managed a team that was part of a region that was awarded "Sales Region of the Year" in California, two of the last three years I was there.

In spite of my successes I was subject to a lay off after another restructure. The division I worked for was restructuring at least every 9 months to once a year. And when the company again reorganized nationally, I was laid off with little explanation and after several years of excellent reviews and consistent raises and bonus achievement. And still was let go.

This is why I indicated that "Job Security" is not something I realized, nor do others, at Anthem. There seems little commitment to their employees in this regard.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Little Job Security
Great overall company
Business Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 4, 2017
Great company to work with as well as individuals. The compensation package is pretty good. One area I think they could benefit in is training of new employees.
Work from home
Enrollment and Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 4, 2017
I answer emails and do conference calls. Audit groups payments if there is a discrepancy. Check enrollment eligibility for subscribers. I work from home so that is really convenient.
Always willing to work with employees
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2017
Appreciate being able to be given the chance to come into a Customer Service role after being gone from the company for some time. They are like family and was given opportunity to learn or add on skills into different products offered at the company.
Pros
Advancement opportunity and managers
Cons
You could be kept at a standstill or used when they don't want to loose you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.