Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,598 reviews matching the search
Great Atmosphere and company
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 25, 2016
Anthem was a great starting point in getting into Insurance Sales. They trained me from the ground up, paid for everything and were extremely supportive while there. Overall a great place. It was unfortunate that the sales team was dissolved after this last Open Enrollment.
Pros
Paid training and licensing. Free catered lunch at least once a week.
Cons
Could be pretty taxing and demanding
Office environment, social
case management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
Very social work place, but too many office politics. Management seemed to be overwhelmed, money was the drive behind this position. Co-workers were stressed, taught too much information is a short period of time. I really missed the patient physical contact.
Pros
Holidays off, Monday-Friday
Cons
Denying medical coverage to a consumer like myself
Agile Work Place
Lead Production Support (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 10, 2016
Maintain and improve contact center technology area, working in a fast pace agile area while providing great customer service.

Using the latest technology to provide best in class service to our customers, allows us to stay at the leading edge of the technology.

Management turnover creates challenges for career development and goals setting. In a year management change will occur 2 or 3 times.

Best co-workers you could ask for, they take pride in their work and driven to success no matter the challenges that are thrown their way.

The hardest part is dealing with a very reactive environment with little proactive thought by leadership.

Able to help our users and see their appreciation for helping them do their job better. The people I work with every day is the best part of the job.
Pros
Cons
Little to No Career Development
Good pay and demanding expectations
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2016
Your experience will depend on which department you work for and which leadership team is assigned to your unit which will likely vary. The pay is pretty good and you will learn fast with your feet to the fire. Everything is deemed urgent which makes prioritizing work a challenge. Because of the size of the organization, technology deployment is slow and conservative. Many departments have been outsourced which means internal support can be frustrating (e.g. technical support for equipment and systems).
Pros
Pay, work from home opportunities, opportunity to learn and grow quickly
Cons
Benefits, high demand on your time, poor technology support, conservative
One of the most demanding call center job ever!
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2016
Anthem is very demanding with very little opportunity for advancement. You take non stop back to back calls. Sometimes dealing with patients life or death insurance issues. Do not expect any appreciation for your work. Especially if you are not the current ethnicity.
Pros
On site Gym
Cons
Parking and elevators
Company made efforts to create healthy employees but nature of the job worked against this effort.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2016
As a Care Manager, I provided telephonic support to members all day long. Sitting in a cube with repetition of tasks was unpleasant for me.
Pros
Gym available on-site, great co-workers for most part
Cons
Unprofessional colleagues (in minority for sure) were not removed.
I enjoyed working for Anthem because of the opportunity for advancement and the atmosphere
Claims Rep. II/Lead/Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTMarch 29, 2016
I like the people i worked with and for. good benefits and flexible hrs. there was opportunities to advance in the company and we were able to take different classes and shadow other areas. I can't say there is much job security but that pretty much goes for any company these days. We were able to count on raises, bonuses and cost of living increases yearly.
Pros
flexible hrs. growth and benefits
Cons
job security and computerized time sheets
Great Vision
Member Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work is comprised of engaging our members, submitting reports, and reviewing new daily job functions. The most enjoyable part of my job in when I engage our members that have questions about their benefits. Some of our members are not fully aware of the wide variety of services that Anthem (Health Keepers Plus) Medicaid HMO and the State of Virginia provide to their members, many of which are provided at no cost.
Pros
Assisting with improving the overall health and wellness of our members
Cons
Team Structure
Great Company with great culture and well as employee management
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 29, 2016
Anthem is a great Company with a great business culture and culture diversity which is also a great thing. All in all I believe Anthem is a great company with great direction in where they are going in terms of scaling, goals, and industry ambitions.
Job not what expected
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 4, 2016
This job is for those RNs after graduating do not want to grow as a professional Practitioner. During interview you're sold on managing "your own pts" by "matching care delivered with that desired by our pts". However, that's not the case on many levels. NPs do about 5% NP role (write prescriptions), the rest RN jobs/chores (wound care, VS, communication with family and caregivers, and charting, lots and lots of charting. The charting takes HOURS!!! And then, your charting doesn't actually states anything re: dx the pt, your plan, or the care you provided. However, every Nursing dx is looking perfect in the "care plan" for billing purposes.

Super disappointed in a job that had a great premise, but execution is just not there. Unfortunate.

This company loves to hire new grads, that have not made a transition from RN to NP, yet...beware!!!
Pros
Schedule Flexiblity
Cons
Pretty much every other aspect of the job.

Want to know more about Anthem, Inc.?

Ask a question
call center environment- fep
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 16, 2016
my day consisted of taking inbound calls for members and providers. Verifying benefits and reviewing claim status.. a lot of phone time.. can move up in the company quickly -- good place for career minded people. not a very high call volume max of 40-50 calls per day
Cons
start off with a lot of phone time
Anthem BCBS is a very good corporation to work for
Sr. Medical Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2016
The management at Anthem BCBS is very good. They appreciate your feedback, ideas and support you. I always got along with all my coworkers in the 27 years I was employed. As a corporation they are on cutting edge with implementing such things as flex time, job share, free fitness center. The compensation is comparable as the benefits are really good.
Pros
benefits, comfortable atmospher, flex time, salary
Cons
industry is unstable and always fear of losing jobs
Very positve work environment.
Hedis Abstractor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 10, 2016
I was offered a temp position for the HEDIS project. I hadn't ever worked in an office position. I really enjoyed it. Great culture, lots of support and a fun work environment. I will really miss all my co-workers and the management team. It was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot!
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Lots of sitting
Solid place to work
Customer Service Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 27, 2016
It is a very solid and structured place to work. It is your typical desk job. The people are nice to work for, and the culture is excellent. It is however lacking in motivation and drive to improve all of its employees, and the possibilities for advancement are minimal.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Stressful customer service
good learning experience for health field
Health Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2016
8hr day you can learn so much about health coverage for medicare recipients management is great my co workers are nice the hardest part is not being able to help some of the members get high cost paying medications i enjoy helping the members get what they need.
Cons
short lunch
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
Amazing company for Medicare and Medicaid members for benefits, and claims. The information members have and how they understand his/her benefits. No hard part other than members understanding their plan. Making my customers/providers happy at the end of each call.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Benefits not so great
bad turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJune 30, 2016
an environment where favoritism prevails. this position does require a strict following of policies, regulations, and meeting company standards. it's the only way to advance, promote, and get the shifts you want.
horrible management and turnover rate for call center employees. very disposable
Open door policy
Administrative Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2016
Thorough 2 week training and excellent trainer. Location was in in Bulkhead and floor plan was open, spacious and light. Management readily able to talk with you and assist. Bi-weekly reviews on performance and how to improve.
Pros
free lunches, great atmosphere and location
Cons
micro-minagement
Really depends who your boss is
Communications Lead - Meetings, Marketing, Events (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 24, 2016
There is no company culture because the CEO changes every few years. It is a very political and old fashioned organization. Almost like working for the government without the job security and don't anticipate a promotion because no matter how hard you work you won't get it.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Political, boring, uncaring, no promotion from within
Great office to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAJuly 20, 2016
Anthem, Inc is a great company to be a part of. I was a part-time employee to a wonderful doctor. I can not believe there are companies that still offer all benefits to part-time employees, including PTO.
Pros
Great benefits for part-time employees
Cons
EMR system needs a lot of work to be more helpful to doctors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.