Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,634 reviews matching the search
Good pay and demanding expectations
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2016
Your experience will depend on which department you work for and which leadership team is assigned to your unit which will likely vary. The pay is pretty good and you will learn fast with your feet to the fire. Everything is deemed urgent which makes prioritizing work a challenge. Because of the size of the organization, technology deployment is slow and conservative. Many departments have been outsourced which means internal support can be frustrating (e.g. technical support for equipment and systems).
Pros
Pay, work from home opportunities, opportunity to learn and grow quickly
Cons
Benefits, high demand on your time, poor technology support, conservative
Exceptional company to work for. Great salary/benefits
Provider Connectivity Mgr (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2016
As a full time well compensated associate, I often worked 6-7 days a week and 9-12 hours per day.
Working for this company, I learned the intricate nature of Health Insurance administration.
The hardest parts of the job were the work-life balance and working with a nationwide employer (we were often required to work around the schedules of other states).
The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers and the salary.
Pros
Well compensated.
Cons
Work-life balance.
Employees are very active in the community and proactive in helping other employees succeed.
Behavioral Health Care Manager II (Current Employee) –  New York basedJanuary 23, 2016
Working Anthem is great the employees are hard working, and some of he management team is very active in insuring employees advance in their academic and professional careers.
Pros
offers flex time, offers Telelcommuting, free courses for certification training
Cons
poor employee health insurance coverage, high employee insurance contribution
Great to their Employees and Customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2016
I loved working for Anthem. It was a great work environment with wonderful Management. They truly cared for each employee as well as the consumer/customer. They offered great benefits, holiday pay and paid time off. The pay was very fair and there was always opportunity to learn and grow within the company. You had a morning break, lunch and an afternoon break.
Pros
Benefits to employees, holiday pay and PTO
Quiet Working Environment
Finance/Account Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work would be get into work:
Check emails to respond to customers, managers, coworkers
Attend weekly meetings
Work on project - Test a website for bugs and make it more user friendly

From this experience, I polished my abilities to be more detail-oriented, gained the confidence to be more vocal in a group setting, and proved that I excel under high stress environments.

Management was reliable. They were very quick to respond to any questions I had.

Coworkers were all friendly and very welcoming. They caught me up on what we were working on and explained it very thoroughly.

Hardest part of the job had to be the commute. I had to commute almost 2 hours daily. On the job, the hardest part was researching and testing for bugs for our project.

Most enjoyable part of the job was having a great view outside the office. The location of the office was great!
Pros
Breaks when stressed out
Cons
Distance
Received great experience in case management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 29, 2016
Was encouraged to become a case manager by a co-worker. Was able to attain my Case Management Certification due to all the experience the job offered.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Wonderful place to work
Consumer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAFebruary 29, 2016
I currently still work at Anthem and I love it. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and be promoted. The pay is great and the benefits are wonderful. Management is respectable, fun and eager to help you succeed.
A culture of developing employee strengths and constant up training
Senior Member Outreach & Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GANovember 11, 2015
I am very grateful to have worked at Anthem. We are well trained and we are regularly provided up training. There is a culture of hard work and fun. We are expected by management to serve the Member's needs in one contact if possible. As a Senior Coordinator I have the honor to assist in training coworkers who have questions or concerns regarding handling member issues or understanding complex situations.

The most difficult part of my job is coming to grips with mortality. Some of the members we talk to expire before we could help them, and that saddens me. The most enjoyable part of my job would be when its clear that I was able to help or provide some support to a member. I never feel alone or without resources and the correct tools to get the job done.
Pros
Reserved Parking in Buckhead 24 hours a day.
Cons
Food is very expensive in Buckhead.
Productive and learned alot
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2016
I answered calls for patients regarding their hospital bills as well as medical bills. And information regarding their benefits.
Pros
Great management and working from home
Cons
Lay-off at times
great company to work for ... stay away from HIX dept
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 9, 2016
learned the health insurance business in and out.
learned how to multi task and manage a team of people as the subject matter expert and team lead.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Co-workers are fun to work with
Office (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 26, 2015
Most of the time working here was a great experience, the benefits, and the compensation were very good. There was a lot of PTO time provided by the company which you really needed to use! The company kept changing management all the time from the CEO to local managers. Co-workers were fun to work with and almost all of the time there were department celebrations.
Pros
PTO, Benefits, compensation
Cons
Lack of job security and advancement
Great Experience with awesome results
Broker Engagement Consultant/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 26, 2016
This job gave the opportunity to grow not only as a professional but also as a person. It gave me the ability to learn how to manage my own time and work really close to the community allowing me to help them by educating them on health and wellness and the importance of having health insurance coverage. The management was excellent and my co-workers were fantastic.

The hardest part of this job was to see how uneducated our community is about health care and the most enjoyable was definitely to help educate them on the importance of being covered.
Pros
Worked Remotely, managed my own time, help the community
Have gained 39 years worth of experience, have made numerous close friends
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2016
A typical work day is emails, reports, internal/external calls, research on issues. I have 39 years of experience in administration; I have been trained on different systems within our company and have worked with various areas. I am part of a team that works with large groups of 50 or more employees. The hardest part of the position is the work load during our peak season of October thru February. It is very heavy. I enjoy working with all of the people I work with. Some of these people I have been with for more that 30 years.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours
Cons
Stress is to much at this point in my career.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 31, 2015
My time with Anthem was great! There was always bound to be a potluck not too far away from the last. Birthdays were ALWAYS celebrated with cake and a card at the very least for EVERYONE. Whichever team you worked on would collect money from everyone to celebrate you.

There was a really friendly nature about this workplace. Although the calls were back-to-back with little time for a breather, I was mostly happy to go to work everyday. I knew I'd speak with "friends" and have a pretty good day ahead of me.

And in about 3 years I went from CSR I to II to III; pay raises with every promotion.

And the health insurance coverage was very inexpensive but comprehensive. Dental covered braces for adults and all!
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 25, 2016
Management and Coworker are awesome. They have a cafeteria with great food and there is great advancement opportunities.
Great Vision
Member Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work is comprised of engaging our members, submitting reports, and reviewing new daily job functions. The most enjoyable part of my job in when I engage our members that have questions about their benefits. Some of our members are not fully aware of the wide variety of services that Anthem (Health Keepers Plus) Medicaid HMO and the State of Virginia provide to their members, many of which are provided at no cost.
Pros
Assisting with improving the overall health and wellness of our members
Cons
Team Structure
Large organization growing extremely fast
Intern (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 21, 2015
Part of the IT team. Large number of contractors, and no unity in the team. Management not able to keep track of fast-growing team.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Dull work culture, No team bonding
Large Corporation with lots of benefits and great people to work with.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 9, 2016
Anthem is a very large corporation to work for. There are lots of changes frequently, but a great group of associates that work hard but work together.
Benefits
Good experience to learn about Health Insurance Industry
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 6, 2016
Worked there for almost 6 years. Management and co-workers were wonderful and friendly.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with adherence, quality and production numbers. Couldn't take breaks on time because had to take sometimes long calls and got penalized for that. Quality rate expected to be at 95% and up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping members and making them feel that the Company cares.
I enjoyed my job and the Company a lot but they are always doing lots of laid offs with out considering loosing good employees.
Pros
Free coffee, some employees can work from home
Cons
Lots of stress, very hard to get time off approved.
Busy and exciting workplace
WFM Analyst Sr (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2016
Forecasting call volumes Scheduling the teams hours to ensure proper phone coverage to meet SLA's for the Telesales team. Real time monitoring agents with CCPulse. CCPulse development of workspaces and views. Reporting for Agent adherence and for VQ KPI's, on Daily, Weekly, Monthly basis. Genesys Configuration Manager organizing agent groups for proper reporting, skilling of agents, DN management so agents can get calls and building of call routing within CME. Building of VQs,DNGs,VAGs,icri VAGs...etc Call Flow creation and maintain documentation. Call routing and reporting matrix. Technical documentation
Pros
Flexible Shifts work from home
Cons
No control over your future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.