Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,015 reviews matching the search
Incompetent Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 5, 2017
Good people to work with but management is absolutely incompetent. Morale is low at this company and while the salaries are higher than some others ... the hassles from management, the constant back-stabbing and continuous threat of retaliation do not make this a company you want to work for. Best advice ... apply elsewhere.
Pros
Good salary and benefits package
Cons
Poor management, low morale
Free parking, cafeteria and help desk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2017
Answering phone calls and helping members with their claims and benefit questions. Researching claims to see if the benefit is correct and processed in the system correctly.
Pros
Good company if you like Corporate America
Cons
Micro Management
Top Health Incurance Provider
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2017
- Multiple internal / external client contact
- Largest for-profit managed health care company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- Multiple Billion Dollar Profit Company
Pros
Established
Cons
Too Large
Anthem Provider Services Rep II
Consumer Advocate/Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2017
Anthem is a great company with many great benefits to their employees. The downside to Anthem is the advancement from entry level or transferring to other departments is very challenging and management says they promote growth within however that is not what really happens.
work life balance
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2017
Anthem is a great company to work for if you have older children or a support team to help you if you have kids. if not it's hard if your schedule does not match with your personal life.
Great people, valuable work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
It's a great company to work for, but got to work long hours.

Great people to work with, you feel like you're making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Helping people with healthcare benefits.
Benefits Representative (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 2, 2017
Taking calls and solving problems concerning healthcare benefits.

How to stay focused for long periods of time without a break.

Management is professional.

Easy going work place culture surrounded around customer satisfaction as a priority.

Hearing people talk about loved ones who about to pass away.

Helping people when they are at the end of their rope.
Pros
I get to dress casual
Cons
The way time off and vacation is calculated.
Downtown
Health Program Rep I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
If you're looking for a stepping stone, this is the place for you. Gain experience to be able to branch out into something else, where you can actually get a promotion. Small office, about 15 people work there. Most people work from home.
Pros
Flexible schedule depending on department, downtown parking
Cons
No advancement, minimal if any raises, stressful coworkers
A good starting point for a career in healthcare
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAMay 2, 2017
Anthem Blue Cross is as an individual insurance claims/client services representative was pretty fast paced. Dealing with high volume incoming calls, assisting clients with claims, EOB's, changes to insurance, and billing provided for a full work day. At times, it could be extremely stressful, but rewarding.

My manager was one of the best I've ever worked for. She was friendly, and approachable, and you knew she was on your side. I can't speak for others that worked there, but I loved working for her.

While the stress level at times was pretty intense, due to deadlines, or struggling to maintain the exceptionally high standards set forth by the company (you are monitored regularly), you knew you weren't in it alone. The people working with you and around you were in the same boat, and that made for a strong sense of camaraderie.
Pros
Competitive pay, strong sense of camaraderie, excellent benefits.
Cons
High stress level.
Need improvment
Claims Processor II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2017
Lack of training
Management is unable to help nurture for possible advancements
Lack of pay for the job duties required
production is unreasonable for the amount of work that is expected.
Pros
work from home
Cons
lack of training to be effective in the job required
Great Place to work
Senior Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2017
Overall great place to work. Learned a lot valuable information and excellent advancement opportunities. As a individual contributor I met and worked with some knowledge professionals huge support systems in place. At the management level the support systems varied. The accountable and feedback at the management level needed some improvements. I enjoyed every role and the people we served.
I Worked in Anthem office through Cognizant
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 30, 2017
I Worked in Anthem office through CognizantI worked for a short period and it was a great wok environment. Flexible work timings. Work life balance was great
Good Cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2017
Managers that micro manage make this job suck. Work in this job is not hard very easy to catch on with the different systems they have.
Worst part of the job is not having enough support through your O.E.
Strong Team and Great Work
Graduate Assistant, Foundation (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
Very well-connected team that believes wholeheartedly in the mission of the Foundation and what it's trying to achieve in the community. Nothing but the best is acceptable here, and success is expected from every employee, even while having some fun in between the work.
Very fulfilling work, needs management overhaul
Nurse Medical Management I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 26, 2017
I was involuntarily terminated for making a personal phone call after working many weeks 50-60 hours/week and received very good and positive reviews and 100% accuracy on audits. Very unfair termination, no warning, no option for resignation or action plan. 3 years of service, work-life balance was "highly regarded" however, actions speak louder than words.
Pros
Work at home
Great Company, but can be Difficult
Health Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2017
Depending on what department, and as they only hire out contractors, it can be a hard job. the initial 90 days are the hardest, and if like me you have any health issues that may force you to miss 3 days in that period, that's it. but they pay is great, and if you manage to get through the 90 days, its a great place. the pay is excellent for the work you do, and once you get hired on permanently, the benefits are amazing.
Not very real, very phoney atmoshere. A fake feeling of family is fostered there.
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  S Portland, ME 04106April 25, 2017
Working as a temp for Anthem was not a very pleasant experience for me. They like to foster a sense of family there, but it really isn't that way. I was told that I was doing well and then seemingly overnight I had to constantly deal with "retraining" and "extra help". I was assured that it was this way for everyone and I had nothing to worry about. My calls were fine, I had more good reviews than errors, but one day they told me my contract was ended due to accuracy issues. I didnt understand because I wasn't doing badly. In fact, I was doing better than some of the other temps there. I was lulled in to feeling safe there when I should have been looking for a job. I was told that all was well but they were already planning on ending my contract. I thought it to be very underhanded and dishonest.
Pros
Great benefits if hired on from temp to perm
Cons
Very superficial people, not very honest with employees. Pay rate could be better too.
Stable organization with good leadership and opportunities for those willing to work hard and smart.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2017
Excellent culture. Long hours during some periods. Lots of talented employees. Very large organization so can sometimes feel fragmented. Benefits are good.
Pros
Leadership, Culture, Opportunity, Bonus pool
Cons
Long hours during periods of peak activity
Soho studio
ASSOCIATE DESIGN DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. My boss was great and fostered professional growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and location of the office. It was in the heart of Soho.
Great overall
Provider Reimbursement Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
Very flexible company, the benefits could be a little bette i.e. health insurance wise.

Lots of opportunity to advance within the company. I enjoy working from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval