Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical Day
Business Consultant, Senior (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 31, 2018
Anthem is very political. It seems that when someone has VP behind their name they know more than the people who are really doing the work know. Especially when they have only been with the company less than two years.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Very High Stress Levels
great
Sr. Contracts Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
the place was a great place to work. had good work life balance. the work was very challenging. The people there were very helpful and understanding when we rolled out new programs
Pros
Free cokes
Productive, great environment
Credentialing Analyst(Contract) (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I would not mind working at Anthem Blue Cross again. The environment is super chill and laid back. As long as you meet your productivity the schedule is flexible. In addition, there is no micromanagement.
Average
Customer Care Manager, Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
Average company to work for. No real opportunities to advance if you are a manager. Employees are not professional. Overall and average company to work for.
Lots of Training.
Retention Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA 91367January 29, 2018
Lots of treats for workers.lots of free lunches.I enjoyed the learning process the company has to offer, Training on different work Web Sites for the workers. Anthem prepare their employees well.
Pros
Nice snacks and free lunches, small encouragements in the form of candy, and daily sayings to post on our desk for a good job we are doing.
Cons
15 min breaks always seams too short
Very good working environment,
Finance Account Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 29, 2018
In my department we are good team player, nice lead and Manager they are approachable and helpful. Our Manager is base on Colorado she make sure everything is okay in California.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Initiative Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 29, 2018
My time at Anthem was rewarding. I was often promoted and my job duties changed regularly, which was good for me. Work/life balance is encouraged, although the workload dictated how this would work for the individual.

Change happens often, which is good and bad. I had four managers is one year! Not good! And, most associates are worried about job security.
Pros
Flexible work/life balance a huge plus!
Cons
Reorganizes often which leads to layoffs.
Productive work week with two days working remote
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  9 Pine St. New York, NY 10005January 29, 2018
I was able to get work done at the office and from home with all the necessary tools needed for the work to be completed in a timely manner. Work was done efficiently.
Pros
Got bonuses after every 4th quarter if department did well.
Cons
Healthcare coverage not very good.
Low Pay
CCR 1 (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 28, 2018
Anthem had a very low pay for the type of work that was being done.. Repeatedly stuck in traffic going to and coming from work. Hours were not bad at all. Attendance Policy was horrible
great job
RN UM Management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2018
Fun environment, hard work. Very good team. Little micro management .Decreased ability for advancement. People friendly, nice building , parking not so good
Pros
fun team work
Ugh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAJanuary 26, 2018
Doesnt care if you have a child that has a critical illness doesnt except excuse or allow time to be made up. Manager doesnt know hiw to speak to people
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible manager
Not Bad
Consumer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2018
Not Bad. Not great. Good benefits. Mediocre management. Customer service. Pay is below average. Parking is a nightmare. Alll and all, It was a great experience.
Great Benefits, worked from home, fast paced
RECONCILIATION AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Elgin, SCJanuary 26, 2018
Worked from home 8 hours a day, overtime during peak times, learned information on American Care Act and Federally and state funded healthcare programs; production was hardest part of job, working from home, benefits and salary best part of jobs
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Stressful
Good company, decent benefits
Senior Provider Network Manager (Current Employee) –  work from homeJanuary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for Anthem, however, within 6 months there was a Reduction In Force that I was part of.
I worked from home and my teammates were based in California. Anthem has invested in ways to work remotely so that was really nice. The toughest part of job for me was getting the training I needed.
Pros
work from home
Switchboard Operator, Thousand Oaks (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here. It was a temporary/seasonal position, but I loved the job. My coworkerrs were fun and nice people. The job itself was stressful at times and there was a lot going on some days but overall it was a great job and I'm happy to have had the experience to work here.
Great place to work.
Sales Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2018
I have been at Anthem for 17 years. I love my job and my manager. It's truly a great place to work. The only hard part about my job is peak season, it gets very fast paced during this time of year.
Pros
Flexible mgr
Cons
Fast paced during peak season
Anthem is an excellent place to work
Call Center Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2018
The environment at anthem is fast paced and competitive. It is an amazing place to work and offers excellent benefits. There is also tons of room for advancement.
No job guaranty
SQL/BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 24, 2018
I will say two words about
no job guaranty and poor management with poor developer skills
I wont join again into this company if get offer with high salary. there is no option to learn from superiors especially team Arch.

great environment
Appeals Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2018
Anthem was a fast paced environment that values the interaction they have with members, providers,and other health care organizations. Anthem is a company that plan to improve the advancement of health care.
Anthem, Inc. is a great company and place to work.
Health Information Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Anthem, Inc. is a great company and place to work. The company offers competitive salaries and opportunities to make a difference in the quality of life for members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.