Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,019 reviews matching the search
Productive and fast paced environment
Sr. Approver (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 14, 2017
Handling short term disability claims for major automaker employees. Role as communication hub between claimants, union representatives, employer human resources personnel as well as clinicians.
Most enjoyable part of job - ability to help claimants when they most need
Hardest part of job - there are times, apart from best effort, that critical information is unable to be obtained in effort to process claim
Business Analyst
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2017
A typical work day consist of troubleshooting, resolving issues. conference calls and managing projects. I've learned how to appreciate change and multitasking.
Pros
working from home
Cons
Too many priorities at once
good environment
Customer Care Representative 3- Claims (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2017
good company to work for, can move up in the company quick, can be hectic at times, fast paced environment, work with you as much as possible, great people to make friends with.
Great Company
Senior Workforce Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2017
Great Working Environment The organization I am seeking would be a growth-oriented company where my knowledge, experience and skills will be utilized towards the advancement of the company and my career.
well organized workplace
Utilization Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with Anthem. I learned a lot about the healthcare field dealing with Medicaid and medicare insurance . Management was well trained to assist workers
good place to work
Windows Application Programmer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2017
This was my first professional job and I enjoyed my time there. This was the beginning of my career in the tech industry. Very grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Aquired my first professional tech experience there
Cons
no cons, great people
Competitive Salary and benfits
Claims Rep II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 12, 2017
Safe work environment, opportunities for advancement. Training and culture are adequate. Health benefits and gym is on site to encourage exercise and health work balance.
Productive enviroment
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2017
Benefits are good. Reimbursement for education. Flexible hours in some departments. Work at home opportunities. Virtual work enterprise wide. Transfer to other states.
Pros
Discounts at multiple places, flex-time available in some departments.
Cons
Workforce reductions
excellent place to work
RECORD RETRIEVAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAApril 10, 2017
A great job to work for amazing team with a wonderful management team. It truly was a great experience. I loved the diversity and warm inviting atmosphere it made my day more enjoyable.
Pros
Pay
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2017
I loved working for anthem it has great benefits great pay time off is always easy to get. Great people to be around all day everyday great food in the area juat a great place to work
Pros
Great environment
Cons
To many people on one manger
Corporate America
Manager II, Financial Operations, (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHApril 10, 2017
At one point Anthem was a really good place to work. As time went on it became bottom line oriented and turned into the typical "Corporate America" where the stock price drove every decision with little regard to whether or not those decisions made sense.
Senior Manager - EDW and Big data (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2017
In name of workplace strategy company is trying to replace resource with modern technologies and not giving the current associates a chance to relocate and learn new technologies on the job. Lot of job is going to outsourcing companies
Respectful and Collaborative
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 8, 2017
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield was as a contractor, an excellent place to work. Management was unusually respectful of my years of experience and treated me fairly.
Pros
Easy Going
Cons
Temporary
It was a productive work and every day was a learning experience
Utilization Management Rep (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAApril 7, 2017
Anthem help me a lot with my customer service experience. How to keep the calls under control, to solve and answer any questions or problems the member or provider may have. The hardest thing of the job is the call quantity. We are taking 80 to 100 calls per day. The system they use was a little complicated at the begging but after a week or so I got used to it. Management was good and fair, they did help when it was asked.
great experiance
Medical Management Rep I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2017
for the time i worked there as a customer service rep it was great, until the dept closed i was then promoted to do a job that was production based and was not allowed the time to catch on to the assignment, other than that it was ok to work there. the people were nice.
Very fun and relaxed envirnment to work
Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2017
This is a great company to be a part of. Management are great. The company is very flexible. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Morale is spectacular.
review
CCR1 (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 6, 2017
Calls come in on a daily basis. Helping people with the needs of insurance and making sure that they are pleased at end of call makes you feel very good of yourself. I enjoy doing and my and try to make a difference with the people skills that I don have.
1 hr lunch is a plus
Grievance & Appeals Intake Rep (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 6, 2017
Enjoyed not being micro-managed which I think helps with production for me, gave assistant when needed, gave feedback on progress, all you had to do is ask to have more avenues of learning new processes.
Pros
1 hour lunch 2 15 mins breaks
Cons
no retirement compensation
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAApril 6, 2017
God job, very long workdays. Lots of hard work. Very busy, high paced, 30 minutes lunch. enjoyed the staff, learned a lot about customer service great training staff.
Great work environment
Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 5, 2017
Anthem was absolutely great at training us on how to understand the various types of insurance (PPO, EPO and HMO). We were properly trained on how to understand the needs of the members in order to find the best plan option for them. Anthem is the only company that hires licensed agents. The training as specific guidelines on how to handle members during calls (we are in a call center environment).
If you do a great job, Managers will select you to work in other departments past the healthcare enrollment season. The money is decent and they respect us as professionals.
I learned how to be confident when speaking with members and over coming objections. Management was good about backing us up in tight situations. I truly enjoyed speaking with the members.
Pros
Great work environment, promotes morale, great support
Cons
Hours may fluctuate depending on the demand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval