Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,842 reviews matching the search
Productive Company with great benefits
Health Program Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63103January 24, 2017
Great Company with lots of training and learning ethics to be proficient in customer service, call center, and health insurance fields. I have learned how to work multiple systems, while speaking with member via telephone. Great job if you love to multi task.
Pros
Awesome Benefits and Pay
Cons
Its difficult to transfer to another department
Very productive
Claims Associate II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 24, 2016
I processed claims for workers compensation for Blue Cross. It was a very productive job which I absolutely loved, even though I did the same thing day to day but it did not feel like it due to processing different claims with different codes. I would thoroughly enjoy getting back into processing claims again, either from a hospital or physicians office. I relocated to Oregon, and resigned from my position at Anthem/Wellpoint.
Pros
Very busy work
Cons
Very busy work.
Worst place to work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 13, 2016
Anthem doesn't care about their employees - the company is full of bullies. Management play favoritism and hire incompetent people. Their decisions create monetary loss and to recoup loss they lay off their employees
Benefits
Cons
Not having work balance, work bullying
had fun workin wit team !
Quailty management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2016
answerphones .copy, and right fax for the hedis review. We also send mail to offices requesting their information so the records can get audit for the insurance purposes
Pros
free lunch in from people who where tryin tosell to doctor
Cons
never got a raise
Good Company
Customer Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Anthem for 16 years they are a good company to work for. Helping group administrators agents/brokers also helping the individual member making sure all is in place to aid in their health care. Can be stressful due to volume I enjoy being able to help people with their needs.
Pros
health benefits good working conditions
HR non existant, departments in silos. Management like a dictatorship
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2016
HR non existent, departments in silos. Management like a dictatorship, this was my experience. In the Louisville office very cutthroat, soulless, hostile work environment between management and consultants/analysts. Not a good experience.
Pros
Good Pay/ WAH
Cons
Management Dictatorship/Corp. structure/Poor HSA benefits
Productive, Fun and very good for excelling and prgressing.
Collector II Spanish Team (Former Employee) –  Bank of America in Simi ValleyApril 21, 2016
My day to day process was to log 80+ calls on a daily basis resolving the customers inquiry's. The issues would range from simple membership questions to claims payments to medication coverage and ICD-9 codes verification with the providers of service. Managers where all very kind and positive for the most part, and for the most part was in a supportive environment. the hardest part was to advance through a very competitive environment and transfer restrictions while the company went into a transition because they needed roles filled for certain periods in the year keeping us locked into our role for months on end. The constant potlucks and lunches provided by management. great for morale.
Pros
The constant potlucks and lunches provided by management. great for morale.
Cons
Very strict lunch, breaks and bathroom break schedule restrictions.
This company is going extinct
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Made the bad decision of working here. Don't repeat my mistake. Anyhow, this company won't exist in 10 years because of how old school their technology is. Everything is excel, tedious and built by people that give zero effs.
Pros
In Worthington, nice city
Cons
everything, pay, management, technology
Workforce Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2017
Anthem is a fast consonantly changing environment with a great location down town Denver.
There is a lot to learn at Anthem including several different styles of Workforce management and new Workforce management technologies.
I really enjoyed the fun and vibrant atmosphere.
Pros
Location, bounces
Cons
Constant reorganization of management
Needs Improvement
Appeals Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2017
Overall, Anthem was an OK employer. They do provide great benefits to you as an employee. They are flexible with work hours. However they are very strict when it comes to taking time off and being sick, etc. God forbid, your sick for a few days and they go into a panic attack. They could compensate better. I should be getting paid way more than what I am.
Administrative Assistant / Accounting Reconciler (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 30, 2017
The employees enjoy their time working at Anthem. You are expected to do your job and do it correctly but the benefits out weigh any demands put on you. You can move up the corporate ladder if you desire.
Good company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 12, 2017
My interaction was within my consulting contracting team. The main interaction with the users and management was with the team leads. None-the-less, I found working there pleasant. There were no special perks other than employee kitchens where coffee was amply stocked. I did like the surrounding area or neighborhood.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Anthem
Consumer Service Associate I (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2016
Anthem is a wonderful company to work for with the benefits, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to grow with the company. I learned so much about health insurance policies and understanding how medical claims are processed.
Plenty of work!
Clinical Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 2, 2017
There is a diverse culture, flexible work schedule and great co-workers. There are lots of changes and you can never get bored of challenges.
Good times bad times
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAAugust 25, 2016
I worked at Anthem Blue Cross for about 4 years.
My supervisors were great! Hours were great and benefits were also pretty good.

My position was a salary + commission. What started happening was that quota's were changed mid month! So in football terms, they kept pushing the goal post further and further back in the middle of the game.

I was part of a reduction in force in 2012 and since then sales department I was in has been dissolved.
Pros
Great people to work with in my department. Some flexibility in work hours.
Cons
Commission quotas changed mid-month.
Productive WorkPlace New Facility and Awesome Employee Gym
Trainer II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 15, 2016
Productive WorkPlace, Awesome Environment with room to advance in your career quickly, Striving Business and Friendly Staff. Anthem has a New Facility and Awesome Gym for Employee. Anthem's Staff is very Professional Staff.
Pros
Cons
You can advance in your career quickly.
The Medicare Supplement department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2017
The Med Supp dept was the worst to work for. the job task were fairly easy, however, most med supp members are 65 and older. So there was a lot of doing things just to appease the members, that was not necessarily part of Anthem policies and procedures. The main disturbance with that department was the lack of leadership quality and respect for the member. I absolutely loathed, and still cannot understand to this day, how, someone...ie, the member, and myself, request to have a supervisor assist and/or take the call. And I would be told no by team leads and supervisors, figure it out on your own. So I would honestly tell the member that my supervisors are refusing to assist us at this time. I mean, who does that?
Cons
Pay, Distant parking, susceptible to hackers. Members information was compromised.
Performance Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 16, 2016
Great culture. Hire from within a lot but usually decided on before it is even posted. Great PTO time and salary along with benefits.
Pros
pto, salary
Cons
hard to move up
This is a place about helping their members with a better quality of life when it comes to health care.
Health Program Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2017
This is a good company to work for. They offer 401k and good health benefits. I also like the fact that my manager meets with me often to go over my progress every month.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Short lunches
Very Professional Business Oriented Environment
Sales Support Team (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2016
Anthem Blue Cross is dedicated to creating a comfortable work environment. The persuasion is to always be competitive in the market while taking the lead in sales of vision, life, HMO's, PPO's and Tier Marketing for placement in Healthcare Market.
Pros
Higher Paying Jobs
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

78%