Anthem Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Good company to work force
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Great benefits, and room to grow.
Change is the norm.
Great co workers.
Hardest part of the job is too many lay offs.
Best part of the job is to get the job done.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
lay offs
Inconclusive
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I was a temporary contractor and do not have enough data to comment. Moreover, what I did see was a nice environment and complimentary work space and co-workers.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Limited opportunity to be hired.
Poor communication with management in solving problems. All changes are from the top down.
Behavioral Health Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 1, 2016
All decisions about day to day operations of local department are made at the very top of the management hierarchy and trickle down to the workers who are supposed to implement the decisions. Workers have little input about how work will be done or how changes could benefit productivity. Decisions made at the top seem arbitrary to workers below. There is no feedback loop and no transparency. The culture is very corporate oriented, is very hierarchical and rigid. Questioning why things need to be done a certain way are not tolerated. The culture does NOT reward maverick thinkers or problem-solvers. Better to stay within the box. Or better yet, just stay quiet and keep your head down.
Pros
Starting pay is good.
Cons
Annual raises are minimal.
Professional workplace
utilization review (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 22, 2016
I loved working at Anthem. I was exposed to a different world of computer.
I learned MAXMC , CCB, Mainframe., MAGI.

I would start my day working the ques in the CCB. I learnt to talk to customers according to the protocol provided to us. I would collect information from the customers, their MD's and provide it to the person working the case.

It was a friendly work environment.

I worked from home which was an enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
n/a
Great place to work. Diversity encoraged
Customer Contact Associate (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Anthem was a great place to work. Every day had a lot of variety since I was handling calls for individual and small group claims and benefits, pharmacy issues as well as billing and enrollment. Many of my coworkers are great friends.
Pros
Lots of variety and great training.
over excellent
Utilization Management Representative II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2015
Great job. excellent pay , Managers were very helpful. PTo available.. Year raises and bonuses. I would recommend anyone to apply at this company
The benefits are excellent however management is not
Customer Care Rep II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 11, 2015
If the management would actually look @ the job on the Customer Service point of view they would see how difficult the responsiblity is with the horrible pay
benefits
Cons
management in inidivual services not fair show favorites
Overall position phone based position
Senior Health Program Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2015
Speaking to members about having a program provided to them at no extra cost and is included into their health insurance plan. The members are usually ill with a chronic disease and looking for a healthier way or living. I am the first responder to get them into a program that will help them live knowing about health and wellness and having a balance in getting well.
Pros
I like being an advocate for the programs
Cons
There is no promotion within the department.
Great place to work.
LOCAL MARKETING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 13, 2015
The management treat people with respect and trust. They also promote well within the company. All departments are collaborative and share the work for the common goal.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 12, 2015
A typical day at Anthem Blue Cross would consist of sitting in a call center receiving inbound calls from customers that questioned their bill. What I learned was to be patient and put myself in their shoes and to give accurate billing information to the patient. The management team was effective in handling in irate patient. My co-workers assisted each other if there was a need. The hardest part of the job was to listen to sad stories why a patient could not pay their bill. The most enjoyable part of the job was to provide them with resources where they could receive help.
Pros
Receiving incentives for reaching goals
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Anthem Blue Cross?

Ask a question
A culture of developing employee strengths and constant up training
Senior Member Outreach & Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GANovember 11, 2015
I am very grateful to have worked at Anthem. We are well trained and we are regularly provided up training. There is a culture of hard work and fun. We are expected by management to serve the Member's needs in one contact if possible. As a Senior Coordinator I have the honor to assist in training coworkers who have questions or concerns regarding handling member issues or understanding complex situations.

The most difficult part of my job is coming to grips with mortality. Some of the members we talk to expire before we could help them, and that saddens me. The most enjoyable part of my job would be when its clear that I was able to help or provide some support to a member. I never feel alone or without resources and the correct tools to get the job done.
Pros
Reserved Parking in Buckhead 24 hours a day.
Cons
Food is very expensive in Buckhead.
Account Management Executive
Account Management Executive (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 2, 2015
Assisted in sales and retention is designated area. Achieved all retention, dental and vision goals three consecutive years. On CCHAU board two consecutive years.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home
A Great Place to work!
member services (Former Employee) –  Denver,coOctober 22, 2015
Anthem is a great company for many reasons! They pay very well, give lots of hours and keep it fun and interesting. The managers are always there for you if you need them for anything such as a question on an account. A great company to move up in and have a wonderful career.
Employer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work; excellent training. Great job work life balance and culture. Excellent benefits. Would recommend.
Great Job
Denver Colorado - Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 30, 2015
Great Company to work for. Enjoy working here. Good benefits, Great hours, great supervisor, good atmosphere, great co- workers, comfortable work environment.
Corporate Culture not in line with ANA code of ethics for Case Managers
Senior Utilization Manager/Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 24, 2015
The Case Managers are working from a call center, not allowed to make any manual calls, and not allowed to truly case manage. Write ups and corrective action plans is how management is "inspiring" staff. Awful place to work.
Pros
Telecommuting.
Cons
Management does not have any understanding of CM or nursing ethics
Great place to grow within this company
Claims Accumulator Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2015
Has great benefits. Rewarding postions within this company. Great people to work with. Awesome gym, and cafeteria. Learned to work hardier than what is excepted of requirements.
Pros
Fun Raffles
Cons
Work hours weren't helpful to family
Work environment was friendly.
Claims Rep II (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MeSeptember 16, 2015
The facility was a great place to work. Gym and cafeteria. Parking area was always plowed and there was plenty of parking.
Pros
The ability to choose your own hours and the ability to work from home.
Cons
Departments changeing managers too often.
Detail oriented
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2015
We would take inbound calls from members and sometimes providers for national group accounts. Help assist our members with anything that they needed as far as benefits, claims or eligibility issues. I learned a lot about insurance and about how to navigate the most efficient way through systems. Management tried to make it a fun and enjoyable work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist the members and let them know that they don't have to worry about anything because it will be taken care of.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Good team with a unpredictable manager
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 12, 2015
Good company and good people to work with some bad apples. Best colleagues I have worked so far. I suppose when the company grows with mergers, things change.