Anthem Education Group Employee Reviews

Great place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2017
Great place to work. It gave me the necessary skills I needed to transfer with me for a life time. Great people to work with and the kids loved to learn
Pros
Great pay
Cons
To demanding at times
It was hard to work split shifts, but colleagues were the best.
Med Assistant Instructor/Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2015
The college campus was small, but functional and the staff and students were friendly. the hardest part of the job were the split shifts. The shift started at 8am-12 noon. and again from 6pm-11pm mon-thurs.
Pros
Fridays off.
Cons
split shifts
No Work/Life Balance
Senior Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 11, 2014
Anthem was a driven organization that was aggressive by nature. While I exceled within their culture, it was disorganized and ever-changing.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture / Leadership
Never afraid of hard work...
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Company has now since closed. I feel ultimately although executive leadership made many moves in the right direction as far as expansion and programmatic diversity, the schools could not sustain month over month performance needed to stay in the black.

The company had a solid product and infrastructural was starting to develop. I had much flexibility to practice lean principles and just in time supply practices. All in all, we ran the campuses very lean to ensure the greatest amount of financial success.

Although there were financial challenges, the students never felt as if anything was out of line. The focus was always on the student and their steps to graduation and job placement.
Pros
Flexibility, Autonomy, Product Diversity
Cons
Turnover, Market Trends, Cash-Flow
Great Financial Team
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleAugust 25, 2014
Loved the people that I worked with - However, there were some bad decisions made at the upper level, and "Crash & Burn" was the result.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Out of business
Great Coworkers
Senior Business Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 23, 2014
We have an excellent team and everyone works together. The job challenges you and there is somewhat room for growth
Great Company
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 22, 2014
Great pay, and they value their employees. I enjoyed my time there.
Large Customer Service Based customer
Reconciliation-Auditing Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 16, 2014
•Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances to the General Ledger account
•Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
•Performs Specialist duties to include: determining aid eligibility; processing awards; and providing consultations to financial aid applicants and prospective student groups.
•Calculates and processes manual R2T4’s through worksheets for term, non-term and clock hour programs.
Pros
Growing
Cons
Moving to another state
Great environment especially the Online Campus. Some of the best people to work with I'm sure I'll remain friends with them a long time.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJune 13, 2014
I worked in Corporate Collections and was able to interact with a lot of the management. They were always approachable, and willing to listen to and integrate suggestions. The hardest part of the job was leaving my coworkers.
Pros
I will always remember the annual holiday parties. They were epic!
horrible place to work
admissions rep (Former Employee) –  Las vegasJune 5, 2014
My first week there I was thrown into everything without any training at all and expected to hit numbers that were far out of my reach for a first time admissions rep.... All this company is worried about is money and numbers not the students nor employees. There were times where I had to stay and past my 8 hour shift and not paid overtime. Matter of fact my time card was altered a couple of times to only reflect 80 hours when I had to do more..........Anthem is the most expensive college ever !!!!!!!! They fire and hire on a month to month basis .... If you don't keep your DA happy you are out of there with no fair warning at all ............ Please reconsider Anthem there's a bunch of colleges out there that has this one beat ........
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
staff, everything in general
Do not work at Anthem College never
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MoMay 27, 2014
Management is awful, no leader, benefits are too expensive and no one likes their job. Everyone is unhappy. No proper training.
keep far away
college enrollment advisor (Former Employee) –  forth Lauderdale, flMay 7, 2014
This company a big hoax, all about money students very little priority. Nobody stays there long., First pay check is good after that they are down your necks trying to recruit students who were already called. If you can't keep up you're gone. Not rewarding at all and managers suck., They constantly change leadership because they're spinning around not knowing what they are doing. They post job ads each month cuz nobody stays. Don't even bother.
Pros
You feel good helping others advance their education.
Cons
only so many people can afford to study or sign on after a million calls
Evident growth during my years at Anthem.
Graphic Design & Technology Program Head (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 23, 2014
The environment challenges you to be a better educator and leader. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students are engaged and motivated in the classroom due to content presentation.
Post-Secondary Education
Student Accounts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2014
This was my first job in the education world. I learned how things are handled from the front end to the back end.
N/a
Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Stressful, hostile environment. No management/pepole skills. No organization, communication or direction. No guidance, feedback, goals or growth.
Run as fast as you can ... Never work at anthem
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft LauderdaleJanuary 2, 2014
This is the worst place I have ever worked at in my entire career. You have all the Executives especially the CEO and COO that are nothing but a bunch of crooks. They will do and say anything as long as it puts money in their greedy pockets. Then they have SVPs to do their dirty work. Honestly if you need a job that bad I would rather work at McDonalds.

They could care less about their employees you are nothing to them, trust me I've seen them get rid of good descent people because they wouldn't do their dirty work. They have no morales, how do these people sleep at night!

No raises, no appreciation, no NOTHING!!

I feel bad for the students that get suckered into going to this school, they charge more money per credit hours then most "real" schools.

They are stuck with huge loans and a horrible education that probably won't get them any sort of decent job. I know I met a few Anthem/FCC graduates working as bag boys at publix because they couldn't get a job but still have to pay their loans.

Over all, from the way they treat their employees and students this place is a horrible, terrible, evil place.

This is a typical good old boys run company, this company was raided a few years ago by the federal government but yet it still is a money making machine for the good old boys.

DON'T EVERY WORK AT ANTHEM. NO GOOD WILL COME OF IT

RUN!!!!!

I would like to meet the people who posted nice things about this place, wait I think I know who's doing that. It's them they have people from inside the company to post bogus reviews.

That's just the tip
  more... of the iceberg with these rotten people  less
Cons
If you have any self respect for yourself then don't work here!
Medical Billing/Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 30, 2013
This may have been my shortest employment ever. I decided to go against my gut and took this job anyway. It was a horrible mistake! The DOE at this location was a very shady character. They expected the world from me and I wasn't even given the curriculum for what I was supposed to be teaching. I worked there for a total of 20 hours and it was horrible. My paycheck was held for a month and I basically had to threaten to file a complaint with the Department of Labor to get paid. I had to waste several hours of my time to get my paycheck from this place. The staff is incompetent and unprofessional and from what little I did see of the curriculum my heart breaks for these students. I doubt many graduates will find gainful employment after completing this course. Do yourself a favor.....don't waste your time applying to this place. It was one by far the worst employment experience of my life.
High Turnover + poor management = bad choice
Campus President (Former Employee) –  AtlantaDecember 18, 2013
This is your typical 'for profit' education environment. Thrives on numbers, admissions/enrollment. If you work as an instructor, you are expected to contact students who do not show up for class, and, come up with a game plan on how to keep them in class. Most instructors teach on an 'as needed' basis, and are only compensated for the course they teach. The typical student is underpriveledged, comes from a background where education is not a priority, therefore, this mentality has transferred to these enrollees. They treat students as 'customers', and if a student becomes disgruntled in the classroom, they place blame on the instructor. They have a career placement department that helps sudents become gainfully employed, however, the typical student is not proactive, and doesn't follow through with the expectations for the completion of their externship, again, the fault here is with the career service rep, who, didn't make the 'numbers' to keep with accreditation standards. The admissions department is like a revolving door with new reps coming and going each month, if not weekly. If you are a manager, expect to keep up with management duties PLUS teach in the classroom, and still held accountable for keeping your program in accordance with accreditation standards, keeping students in class, tutor, grade exams/papers - any duty associated with a teacher/classroom, plus attend graduation ceremonies, advisory committtee meetings, and any other campus related activities. There is no break, as these programs go year round - don't expect summers off. If you are a dedicated  more... teaching professional, do not jeopardize your credibiility by accepting a position here. If you reseach for profit eduation, you will see that the entire industry is under scrutiny. As an employee of Anthem, you are nothing more than expense to this organization. Performance, dedication, hard work, mean nothing. If you look, there are several positions posted with this organization, that pretty much says it all.  less
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
read review above
Workplace Review
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 18, 2013
Teaching the assigned course work, interacting with students to help build confidence level. Desing mocked clinics for the work world and to better understand the students fears. Co-workes always interacted with students to help feel out wants and needs. The hardest part of the job was actually saying no because I always wanted to help and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
New Students
Cons
Down time or not enough students enrolled for the new start.
You're never good enough
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 26, 2013
I have never been so micromanaged in my life. And, no matter what I would accomplish, it wasn't good enough. Everything is about hitting goals, not changing people's lives like they lead you to believe. You are told to call people every hour - and, in turn, drive them away. If you are self-motivated, a hard worker and take pride in what you do, run away from this company.
Pros
Nice co-workers, good pay.
Cons
Everything else. Micromanaging, focus on numbers, not students