Anthem Education Group Employee Reviews

Large Customer Service Based customer
Reconciliation-Auditing Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 16, 2014
•Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances to the General Ledger account
•Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
•Performs Specialist duties to include: determining aid eligibility; processing awards; and providing consultations to financial aid applicants and prospective student groups.
•Calculates and processes manual R2T4’s through worksheets for term, non-term and clock hour programs.
Pros
growing
Cons
moving to another state
horrible place to work
admissions rep (Former Employee) –  Las vegasJune 5, 2014
My first week there I was thrown into everything without any training at all and expected to hit numbers that were far out of my reach for a first time admissions rep.... All this company is worried about is money and numbers not the students nor employees. There were times where I had to stay and past my 8 hour shift and not paid overtime. Matter of fact my time card was altered a couple of times to only reflect 80 hours when I had to do more..........Anthem is the most expensive college ever !!!!!!!! They fire and hire on a month to month basis .... If you don't keep your DA happy you are out of there with no fair warning at all ............ Please reconsider Anthem there's a bunch of colleges out there that has this one beat ........
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
staff, everything in general
Never afraid of hard work...
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Company has now since closed. I feel ultimately although executive leadership made many moves in the right direction as far as expansion and programmatic diversity, the schools could not sustain month over month performance needed to stay in the black.

The company had a solid product and infrastructural was starting to develop. I had much flexibility to practice lean principles and just in time supply practices. All in all, we ran the campuses very lean to ensure the greatest amount of financial success.

Although there were financial challenges, the students never felt as if anything was out of line. The focus was always on the student and their steps to graduation and job placement.
Pros
flexibility, autonomy, product diversity
Cons
turnover, market trends, cash-flow
keep far away
college enrollment advisor (Former Employee) –  forth Lauderdale, flMay 7, 2014
This company a big hoax, all about money students very little priority. Nobody stays there long., First pay check is good after that they are down your necks trying to recruit students who were already called. If you can't keep up you're gone. Not rewarding at all and managers suck., They constantly change leadership because they're spinning around not knowing what they are doing. They post job ads each month cuz nobody stays. Don't even bother.
Pros
you feel good helping others advance their education.
Cons
only so many people can afford to study or sign on after a million calls
Great environment especially the Online Campus. Some of the best people to work with I'm sure I'll remain friends with them a long time.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJune 13, 2014
I worked in Corporate Collections and was able to interact with a lot of the management. They were always approachable, and willing to listen to and integrate suggestions. The hardest part of the job was leaving my coworkers.
Pros
i will always remember the annual holiday parties. they were epic!
Workplace Review
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 18, 2013
Teaching the assigned course work, interacting with students to help build confidence level. Desing mocked clinics for the work world and to better understand the students fears. Co-workes always interacted with students to help feel out wants and needs. The hardest part of the job was actually saying no because I always wanted to help and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
new students
Cons
down time or not enough students enrolled for the new start.
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN (currently employed)
Admissions Rep (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 8, 2013
The WORST EMPLOYER EVER!!!! The DOA disrespects every single admissions rep except her "babies". She talks to the students like they are numbers. "Oh that's $19k you just let walk out the door" if a person applies and they have a special education diploma they are told to go get their GED I'm sorry that's discrimination. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly. So unless you are looking for a job that sends you into a depression STAY AWAY!!!!!!...... (counting my days until freedom)
Cons
micro managing, belittling employees, talking down to students.
You're never good enough
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 26, 2013
I have never been so micromanaged in my life. And, no matter what I would accomplish, it wasn't good enough. Everything is about hitting goals, not changing people's lives like they lead you to believe. You are told to call people every hour - and, in turn, drive them away. If you are self-motivated, a hard worker and take pride in what you do, run away from this company.
Pros
nice co-workers, good pay.
Cons
everything else. micromanaging, focus on numbers, not students
Working at Anthem(Springfield)
MBC Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 27, 2013
First off I would like to say the students are Great. The staff is HORRIBLE. everyone in everyone business, they don't pay good at al....over work and under paid, they have new teachers almost every month. nobody stays there. student enrollment sucks. Student attendance is based on teachers so if a student drop out your blamed. They bring students in filling them up with lies about how they will work with you with any problem that may occur and they don't at all. All students are looked at as Price tags. Nothing more nothing less.
The worste work experience in my life.
Admissions representative (Former Employee) –  Ft lauderdaleSeptember 9, 2013
There is not much positives about this company. They treat you like nothing and expect everything. The pay is ok butt don't expect to be there very long. No managerial support because their trying to keep their jobs as well. You have to make a million phone calls to students that had been called already by everyone that is employed at the school. The schools reputation kills most if any opportunities.
Pros
the pay
Cons
no longevity
Your just an asset ready to be disposed of
New Media Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2013
Anthem treats you like an asset. They have no employee loyalty. Most of the people I worked with are great, but apparently upper management views its employee's as tools instead of people. If you are looking for a place where you have to worry about loosing your job on a daily basis, Anthem is for you. If you want any sort of job security, I'd suggest looking to a different company.
Cons
no perks, no bonuses, expensive benefits, micro-managed
Wonderful career to help change lives
Admissions Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 21, 2013
I have enjoyed working independently in the field meeting with prospective students and their families. I have learned that I am a dependable and loyal employee. My coworkers are strong and dedicated. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to help someone with immigration issues. I love attending every graduation and seeing the outcome of my students. I like how I am welcomed and trusted by so many educators I work with.
Pros
the opportunity to provide a much needed service
Cons
my position is slowly going away
Anthem feels all employees are disposable
Director (Former Employee) –  Northeast DivisionFebruary 26, 2013
They will promise you the world, a big paycheck and play nice until you take the job. I was yelled at on my second day because my team did not get enough referrals on my first day. I didn't even have a phone, office or computer yet. They will actually threaten people in December by saying "if it doesn't happen, tell your people it won't be a very nice Christmas." Working here was the biggest mistake I ever made, don't make the same one. They are now owned by Florida Career College, no improvement over the old Anthem group. Rather than train people, they tell you fire them and always have 2 people waiting in the wings. You do interviews every week to keep your team fearful for their jobs so they perform.
Pros
they'll pay mgmt well
Cons
lead by fear, no $ put toward marketing, benefits expensive, you are disposable
Former Admissions Rep
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2013
worked as an admissions rep for about 4 weeks. 1 week training over the phone and 3 weeks on the floor. I was fired without warning. I was told that I did not meet the requirements and that I had 3 weeks to do so. Every week I was told to keep up the good work so I was really shocked to be fired like that. DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB!
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
disposable
there are far better places to work
director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2012
Very old school method of sales management. Have a revolving door and replace the furniture often. Self proclaimed fear and intimidation methodology by my executive director. Zero work life balance. Would not recommend to anyone as a place to work.
Cons
fear management, poor leadership
If you have any self respect for yourself then don't work here!
Medical Billing/Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 30, 2013
This may have been my shortest employment ever. I decided to go against my gut and took this job anyway. It was a horrible mistake! The DOE at this location was a very shady character. They expected the world from me and I wasn't even given the curriculum for what I was supposed to be teaching. I worked there for a total of 20 hours and it was horrible. My paycheck was held for a month and I basically had to threaten to file a complaint with the Department of Labor to get paid. I had to waste several hours of my time to get my paycheck from this place. The staff is incompetent and unprofessional and from what little I did see of the curriculum my heart breaks for these students. I doubt many graduates will find gainful employment after completing this course. Do yourself a favor.....don't waste your time applying to this place. It was one by far the worst employment experience of my life.
Evident growth during my years at Anthem.
Graphic Design & Technology Program Head (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 23, 2014
The environment challenges you to be a better educator and leader. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students are engaged and motivated in the classroom due to content presentation.
No Work/Life Balance
Senior Vice President of Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 11, 2014
Anthem was a driven organization that was aggressive by nature. While I exceled within their culture, it was disorganized and ever-changing.
Pros
compensation
Cons
culture / leadership
Ok Job
Billing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  16404 N Black Canyon Hwy Phoenix Az 85053May 27, 2012
I was employed for 8 years, did my job well, was Top Collector/Performer 90% of the time there. Some people were nice, some werent. It was close to my home and the hours were nice.
Pros
accured vacation time
Cons
stressful at times
Great Financial Team
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleAugust 25, 2014
Loved the people that I worked with - However, there were some bad decisions made at the upper level, and "Crash & Burn" was the result.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
out of business

2.5