ANTHEM

ANTHEM Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Broker Services (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for Anthem, they are a good company. I worked on the phones and as well emails with brokers. I handled claims when needed. I learned several different systems while being employed there. Management changed often it seemed like because corporate for broker services were unaware of what they wanted to do with this department. My coworkers were enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of my job was when the systems would go down or freeze I would say.
Great place to learn customer service, but difficult to get promoted.
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent training, quarterly bonuses
Cons: Cannot work from home
Constant updates and training keep staff informed of company goals. Improving managers ability to communicate to staff is needed. Quarterly bonuses and benefits offset low starting salary.
Laid back work place
Customer Serive Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2015
Anthem is a great company to work for. I have learned to be very independent and work efficiently. I feel that management can be a little more caring toward the employers and a little more organizing within the company.
Productive Call Center with many Opportunities
Health Program Representative/ Mentor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be speaking to 100 members a daily. I correct and update information regaurding there insurance plan. I also provide relitive information about there plan type and make sure the member is being proactively invovled with maintaining and improving ther health.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), columbus,gaJuly 12, 2015
Don't get the right training need to be your job well, hard part of job there our so many screen you have to go in. And so of the manager don't know how to do the job.
Great Benefits and excellent pay
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis INJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits including education and fitness plans
IT personnel are globally disperse and most work from home. Must be self-motivated and reliable., IT systems are supported both internally and outsourced which can make management or finding information about systems challenging.
inconsistent processes that change on average bi-weekly with upper leadership that have no focus on front-line employee input
Nurse Medical Management, Managed Care Health Plan (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 30, 2015
worked Mon-Fri with extended hours at times; no weekends or holidays. learned about health plan managed care. communication poor from management and upper leadership; hardest part of the job was the poor communication and constant clarification via email and lync messenger; most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers. Many times, processes were clarified through my own inquiries with departments and rarely with management.
MEDICAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: none
Gather clinical information regarding case and determine appropriate area to refer or assign case for
Outpatient or Inpatient requests. (Utilization management)
Provide information regarding network providers or general program information when requested.
Review and assist with complex cases. Act as liaison between Medical Management and/or Operations and
Internal departments. Conduct any utilization management review activities which require interpretation of
Clinical information
Fun Working Environment
Health Program Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good Health Insurance
Cons: High Turn Over Rate
Anthem is a good place to work but no room for advancement. I worked for company for two years and I still can't get into another department. Our department is closing down. we only got three weeks notice, which I thought was horrible
I very much so would refer anyone to work for Anthem. Such a great company!
Performance Quality Auditor II (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 22, 2015
Pros: No micro managing.
To have a position at Anthem would be a blessing for anyone looking for a productive job that values you as an employee. I’ve been promoted 3 time in our ever-growing company, which means job security is very important!
My dept. was new and very disorganized, and positions were being eliminated.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 19, 2015
The dept. that I work in is new and constantly changing policies, procedures, and is now eliminating positions, mine being one of them. I was not assisted in finding another job.
Anthem-WellPoint-Amerigroup
Customer Care Rep II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 17, 2015
Words aren't enough to explain my experience. Management has favoritism for certain associates, the merit increase is literally a insult to one's performance and also there isn't sportsmanship at ALL.
Solid company with good performance
Process Improvement & Regulatory Compliance (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2015
Fast paced, high demand jobs. Much is expected. Frequent changes make this company dynamic. Had a setback with the Privacy Breach in 2014 but otherwise moving along quite well.
still growing
Customer Serv Rep II (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: no weekends close at 8pm cst
Cons: unorganized 30min lunch
good place to work no weekends pay could be better..need to incorporate SOP some rules are not consistent..quarterly bonus which could make up for low pay
Productive and fast pace environment.Have to meet deadlines.
Utilization management nurse (Current Employee), Nurse medical managementJune 4, 2015
Pros: Ability to work from home.
Cons: work load can sometime be heavy.
Good place to work. Work life balance is very good. A typical day at work is getting your task done. completing assignments within timeframe and effective communication is important with vendors.
Stressful
Program Manager (Current Employee), MasonJune 3, 2015
This place could become easily stressful depending on the team that you will be working for. The company is technically far behind.
Wonderful company to work for
Medical Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2015
Pros: family friendly professional atmosphere
Anthem offers great benefits. Anthem provide educational assistance. Anthem prides themselves on success. Anthem offer job advancement. Anthem believe in displaying team players roles. Anthem offer job aides for all processes and functions
Enjoyed the work as well as my co-workers
Medical Management Intake Rep (Former Employee), Richomnd VirginiaMay 24, 2015
Pros: Free gym access
Cons: Short staffed
A typical days work would consist of me setting up pre-authorizations for procedures, surgeries, referrals for specailist visits and dme preauthorizations, just to name a few.

In the five years of employment with Anthem I learned that the insurance industry is for ever changings and the most recent change would of course be the Exchange Policy aka Obama Care. Although I didn't work directley with setting up policies we had to hear the ups and downs of this change just about everyday and it really made me appreciate the medical benefits that were provided to me by my employer.

One of the best parts of my job were my co-workers, we could always depend on one other to help out when in need. Keeping moral high and a friendly enviorment always makes the job a lot easier.

The hardest part of my job would have to be when a provider or patient calls in because a procedure and surgery had been denied and they are really upset and emotional. It's a hard thing to listen to.
lots of work and no help
Utilization Management Representative III (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 15, 2015
not a lot of people to help in our area. lots of calls daily. couldn't get time off for personal reasons and if people were sick or had emergencies they felt guilty taking off or calling in
great place to work
Metrics Analyst, Sr (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2015
I enjoyed my job and my time working at anthem. the salary and benefits are VERY competitive. there are many schedule options which provide that very important work life balance.

1 2 3 4 5