ANTHEM

ANTHEM Employer Reviews

This company allowed me to grow
Senior Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2014
This company really gave me my chance to shine. They took a chance on me fresh out of college and I love knowing that I gave them more than they had expected. I worked hard, always had the company's best interests at heart.
Awful
Broker Services Rep (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a week, random free company logo gifts, coworkers
Cons: everything else
Just awful. I've never worked somewhere so stressful in my life for the little pay they were giving. Team leads rarely gave any guidance for any issues or questions you had so you had to bs your way through 30min to 2.5hr phone calls plus the many different programs you had to use to answer questions. Absolutely hated everything about it except my coworkers, – more... but my mentor was on the verge of a breakdown every day so i hated to ask her too many questions. None of the people I started this job with are there anymore, I only made it maybe 3 months & training alone was about 2. I believe it depends on what department you work in, but this department was h**l for me. – less
Great experience and learning in the I.T field
Internship in Computer Repair (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJune 20, 2014
• Troubleshooting and doing repairs on computers, such as wipe and reloads and installing new hard-drives
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMay 22, 2014
Just a great place to work overall. Great people to work with throughout the company.
Great company as long as they're not laying off
Customer Service Advocate/Claims Processor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2014
Pros: grerat hours, great pay, casual dress, awesome benefits, lots of room for advancement
Cons: lay off
I truly enjoyed working for Weelpoint/Anthem as a Multi Rep. Unfortunately, I was laid off exactly 6 months later due to down sizing.
Very productive, fun place to work
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2014
Pros: company sponsered picnics
Cons: the drive was far out.
I verified patient's insurance to make sure it was valid to release their mail order prescriptions. How to process mail order prescriptions. Management was great, easy to talk to and very helpful with answering questions. My co-worker were very positive and willing to help with any questions I had. The job was not hard at all I am a fast learner. The – more... most enjoyable part was helping the customers. – less
Perks but not for me
Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 22, 2014
While I was with them, it was nice having a cafeteria and a gym in the facility, but not everyone was privileged to those perks. The other problem is that it was very far away from me.
BEST COMPANY EVER
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Mason, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: flexible starting times
My day started out getting all the aging work out, management was the best ever!!! love my co-workers, I have nothing but great things to say about the company, although the downsized after being there 15 years, it still was the best company I've ever worked for.
Call Center
Insurance Benefit Advisor (Former Employee), JacksonvilleApril 2, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: short term employment
Call center work environment.I learned about the Affordable Care Act. Management was not licensed so they couldn't help with the sales issues. My co-worker were knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job was the low call volume. I enjoyed helping the clients.
Great job if hired for a permanent position
Claims Processor (Current Employee), Newbury Park, CAApril 1, 2014
I am a fulltime temp, I learned computers and the programs, the hardest part of my job is being a temp worker, the best part of the job is picking a set schedule, Mon. thru Fri. job, weekends off
empowering/fund/successful
Benefit administrator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2014
Pros: growth and education opportunities
Cons: relocated to denver so had to leave.
Enjoyed learning and having multiple responsibilities. Held many job duties, from product development, to claims examiner. BCBS provided many learning experiences and challenges as well as the opportunity to success. -
it was a decent place to work.
Configuration Analyst II (Former Employee), Richmond Va.March 16, 2014
Pros: salary was decent
Cons: healthcare is expensive, most jobs have been outsourced.
Was a great place to work when I started in the eighties. Over time with mergers, lost of benefits, and outsourcing things went downhill. But most corporate jobs are like that now days.
Stressful working environment
Issue Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: majority of good people to work with
Cons: hard to advance, too many pyramid ladders to climb
Was a strong corporation at one point, too many changes in the 2000 decade; all downhill from there.
Productive, fast paced
Sales Assistant II (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful learning experiences and building relationships with the broker community
Cons: opportunity for advancement was slow
In the position of Sales Assistant, my responsibilities were to ensure the implementation process for small group plans were streamlined through communication with brokers and internal departments of Anthem. I also prepared proposals and addressed questions and concerns of brokers and group administrators. As with any position, details are very important – more... and my ability to recognize this enabled my success and the success of the brokers I serviced. – less
Easy place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 30, 2014
I would come in and get the applications that needed to be filed from the manager and file them on the software that we use.

When I was done with a bath I would give them to the manager and get another batch. If any information was missing I would have to e mail the sales rep and get that information.
Loved this job
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2014
Learned many new things in this company. Worked with many different technologies and was trusted with much responsibilities.
Specialist
Grievance & Appeals Specialist II (Current Employee), Mason, OHDecember 2, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: that we have various timeframes when conduting government business
Respond to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims. Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions. Operate PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information, activities and changes in the database. I have learned to thoroughly – more... document inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis. The most challenging would be where I develop and maintain positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner. Research and analyze data to address operational challenges and customer service issues. What I enjoy is that I receive and place follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine to ensure members better understand their benefits. – less
Great healthy perks
Broker Service Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2013
Pros: team trips
Cons: phone audits
I learned you can retain a lot of information in a short time. But all my co-workers where very helpful and friendly. The hardest part was making the audits and productivity to answering the phones and saying the right things to pass.
health insurans rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), richmond vaOctober 31, 2013
helping customers with there hmo plan, referrals for specialist and pcp.
Best Job Ever!
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee), Atlanta,gaOctober 31, 2013
My abilities as in the customer service field are incredible, Interacting and helping people is my passion. I love the see the outcome on customers paces when I've fulfilled their needs as customers.

1 2 3