Anthony Wayne Services

Anthony Wayne Services United States Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Core A Core B (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: privillaged to work with mrdd clients
Cons: managment
The job required the workers to have a creative mind set. Working with MRDD clients made your day go by with smiles on your face.
Lack of Professional Management
Team Lead (Former Employee), Marion, INJanuary 20, 2015
While working at AWS, I had a great experience working with clients and other co-workers. Dealing with upper management was a different story. Very unprofessional.
Not are work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Columbus, INJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: knowing you help some one that did it.
Cons: getting to attached
I worked third shift so was some what boring. How to deal with issues of mentally an physically handicapped. Mangament was not always avaliable. As far as co-workers you had the good an the bad.
Very few are not lazy an there really was not a lot of work to do other than paper work. Thhe hardest part of the job is mental stress because of beavior of some clients but they also were why it was enjoyable, It is hard not to become attached.
thankful for the job
personal assistant (Former Employee), Fort WayneNovember 28, 2014
Pros: improving lives
Cons: lack of flexibility
I enjoyed working with the special need individuals. I liked assisting them meet their highest level of independence
Provides a needed service to people in need.
Home Manager (Former Employee), St. Mary's, OhioOctober 7, 2014
Pros: i met and worked with a lot of great people.
Cons: low pay
My team worked well together to provided for the daily needs of our clients. We transported them to work or school, scheduled all medical appointments and provided recreational activities. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with our clients to teach them independence and increasing their since of self worth.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Hobart, INOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: proximity of thae job
A typical day would be e arriving at work, and start preparing dinner and getting meds . together . I learned to be patient because everything takes time and when you have a disability it's hard to tell someone what you want and need. The manager was ok, some of the things she did wasn't appeasing to me and the other workers. The co-workers were good with me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the clients when they were having a bad moment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see this one particular client watch her favorite movie which was Sister Act 2.
hands on job
Group Home Trainer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2014
assist clients with daily living, co-workers were easy to get along with, hardest part of job was dealing with clients that would have behaviors,
productivity.accuracy..and fastpaced
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks..parties..raises..401k..
Cons: no cons..
typical day at work was to make sure everyone had their supplies and working in other areas when needed..supervised ..sorted ..inserted..swept mopped.took crates outside..trash..learned the incentive of what a postal service worker did and how hard it was to have things done ontime.managenent was great there ..they helped out as well..the hardest part of my job was making sure that my duties were done each day and having to do overtime..teamwork was a quality in my work.parties.raises..breaks..lunch breaks..this company was the most enjoyable company ever..
Unpredictable and exciting working environment
Attendant (Former Employee), South Bend, IndianaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: take clients anywhere in the community
Cons: not enough pay
The day starts out with helping clients with their morning tasks, hygiene, dressing, cooking and medications. Clients may have doctor appointments and or other programs that you need to transport them to. Some clients may have combative behaviors that would make for a not so good day. I've learned that it takes a lot patience under these circumstances. The most enjoyable part of the day would be breakfast or dinner when i would cook something the clients really enjoyed.
DSP at AWS
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Richmond, INJuly 1, 2014
Pros: supervisor worked with me during school
Cons: getting attatched to clients
Working at AWS was very challenging when I first began. It became easier once I understood the clients needs. I have grown very close to my residents, but the hardest part is trying to explain why they cannot do some of the things they want to do. I've learned that disabled people dislike change, and do not cope with it well at all. A typical day I come in count medicine, and cash, clean the house and make sure residents sleep as much as possible through the night then bathe in the morning. I make them breakfast, and give them medicine then transport them to work.
Direct Support Person
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2014
I cook, clean, bath, and daily things a person would do and assist in doing so. I do progress notes each day. I take them out in the community as needed. When a behavior is issued by a client, claiming them down and paper work is done.
You learn how to calm other down.
The hardest part is keeping everything calm.
I usually have one other co-worker with me.
I enjoy being around the clients and helping them.
People Care
Care Provider (Former Employee), Worthington, OHJanuary 6, 2014
This job is amazing if you like working with people and are interested in the health care field. The company works with adults with Developmental Disabilities. Shifts can run between 4-16 hours. You are responsible for assisting in care, and this can include cooking for individuals, as well as cleaning, laundry, and assistance with personal care and hygiene.
A very tedious but wonderful job where i was able to help others to be successful on their job. I enjoyed gatheriing research.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INDecember 17, 2013
My review on this job was very satisfying knowing that every base was covered when working teamwork.
Always on your toes
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, IndianaDecember 14, 2013
Pros: constant learning something new.
Cons: not sure who you can trust.
When being responsible for someone else care that is not a family member can be challenging. Care for a clients personal needs and well as keeping family and state notes are all daily activities. Learn how to recognize different kinds of seizures and their treatments. As well as how to positively deal with behavioral persons. Management left you feeling like it was all man for himself. If you reported something that needed to be dealt with you could find yourself on the outside. Hardest part of the job is losing a client. The most enjoyable part of the job is making your house happy and harmonious.
Taking care of individuals with developmental disabilities
Caregiver (Former Employee), Indianapolis,IndianaAugust 15, 2013
Helping them with daily living routine such as personal hygiene, giving them their medications, taking them out in the community.
Group home caregiving
Caregiver (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 2, 2013
Pros: sharing the little things of life.
Cons: the possibility of being accused of abusing a client.
Worked with the mentally challenged. Woke them up; brushed their teeth; dressed them up and helped to feed them. The mentally challenged are not handicapped, but only challenged mentally. Management is very particular about no-abuse policy and keeps their eyes open on it. Co-workers are helpful and team work is of the essence. The hardest part is understanding the mentally challenged folk. The most enjoyable part is when they hug you or recline their head to yours in appreciation, for something as simple as helping them spell a word correctly.
working with adults with disabilities
aws (Former Employee), Piqua, OHMay 28, 2013
I loved working with the clients but management should of worked harder to keep our current clients.
Good Pay for managers
Program coordinator (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 18, 2013
Pros: pay and not being stuck in an office all day
Cons: being on call 24-7
This place was hell. Nothing was ever consistent, you are told to do one thing by one director and another by another director and when they were both together neither would admit to telling you to do whatever you had done. The pay is good for a person with no experience but it is a very hectic place to work.
non productive managers
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 4, 2013
Pros: the clients
Cons: the poor management
The typical day was normal drive to work assist developmentally disabled adults to function in life..I learned patience...Management was not so good didn't help when need didn't have your back..lost paperwork constantly causing you to lose out on bonus potential...The hardest part was dealing with the managers..The enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on the faces of the clients I was taking care of when they succeeded in something...
Personally rewarding place to work
Group Home Trainer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 26, 2012
Pros: personal enjoyment in helping others
Cons: not always enjoying working with coworkers
Clients were fun to work with, although sometimes making sure their special needs and individual demands were met made it a challenge. Management was decent, coworkers sometimes made the day unbearable. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you were making a difference in someone's life.

Anthony Wayne Services Salaries