Anthony Wayne Services Employee Reviews

Management is awful
Supported Living Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 10, 2017
Management is awful with this company. I was supposed to be doing the hiring and when my management team stepped in to do the hiring the employees never lasted. They hired people that they thought they could walk all over or party with outside of work.
Pros
The clients
Cons
The managment
no comment
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 10, 2017
It is good if you like working with handicapped individuals, facing challenges and and not needing a great pay. There is a lot of traveling involved.
Great place to work.
GROUP HOME TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 2, 2017
It was a great place to work. I got along with co-workers. Also, I loved to work with the clients. The clients brought joy into my life when I worked with them.
Pros
The co-workers was nice.
Cons
No cons
Nothing special about AWS
Direct Care Provider/Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 23, 2017
working in the homes with the clients was great. Lack of informing staff of open positions. Never did anything to recognize staff for holidays or appreciation.
Pros
Cons
need to show more appreciation to staff.
Great learning experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  8515 Bluffton Road Fort Wayne, IN 46809May 2, 2017
Anthony Wayne Services was a great place to work at and the people there were great as well. I really enjoyed my time there, working with the adults with mental and physical disabilities on different jobs that were contracted into the workshop. It was very rewarding to see the looks on their faces when it was pay day and they would receive their paychecks. Their faces would light up like they had just received a check for a million dollars and that would make me appreciate my pay and the work that I was doing with them that much more. A normal day for me was getting everything set up for the adults to work on at their stations and when they arrived I would be there to supervise and assist them when needed. I feel that for the most part we as a team got along with one another and helped each other whenever we could.
Pros
Getting to know people for who they are and not what you see on the outside, Treating everyone with respect everyday know matter what might have happened in the past.
Cons
Not being able to help each and everyone of them the way that you feel they need to be helped.
Great atmosphere
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hobart, IN'January 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with the company, it teaches you patience to work with disabled citizens.Also teaches you that everyone is that same.
Horrible pay
Direct Support Professional (DSP) Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2016
I loved working with my clients but the people in the office and the pay is what made me resign. I was making less than ten dollars a hour being a team leader. I was on call 24/7 365.
Decent place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 1, 2016
The job can be somewhat challenging, yet rewarding.
Benefits could be improved. Holiday pay is not given no matter the holiday you work.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot of skills working here. This was the first job as a personal assistant. It was a lot of challenges because there were many different behavior issues. I learned about different health issues with the clients.
ok to start
direct support progressional (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 13, 2015
When I first started they were amazing, we had a lot of activities to do. As the change in management went along, they stopped caring and the staff had to purchase things for the clients to do. The management only had anything to say when we did something wrong. Our first Director was amazing but due to politics she was let go.
Pros
clients and some co-workers
Cons
everything else
helpful place for people
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2015
I learned a lot about the proper way to care for individuals ho could not care for themselves. It was an humbling experience for me and I would defiantly do it again.
Exciting and challenging place to work
Recreational Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 11, 2015
This is a very rewarding place to work. You get to make a difference in the lives of developmentally challenged people. It is wonderful to see these people become more than they, personally, thought possible.
productive and fun
Core A Core B (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 16, 2015
The job required the workers to have a creative mind set. Working with MRDD clients made your day go by with smiles on your face.
Pros
privillaged to work with MRDD clients
Cons
managment
Lack of Professional Management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 20, 2015
While working at AWS, I had a great experience working with clients and other co-workers. Dealing with upper management was a different story. Very unprofessional.
Not are work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 7, 2015
I worked third shift so was some what boring. How to deal with issues of mentally an physically handicapped. Mangament was not always avaliable. As far as co-workers you had the good an the bad.
Very few are not lazy an there really was not a lot of work to do other than paper work. Thhe hardest part of the job is mental stress because of beavior of some clients but they also were why it was enjoyable, It is hard not to become attached.
Pros
Knowing you help some one that did it.
Cons
Getting to attached
thankful for the job
personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort WayneNovember 28, 2014
I enjoyed working with the special need individuals. I liked assisting them meet their highest level of independence
Pros
improving lives
Cons
lack of flexibility
Provides a needed service to people in need.
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's, OhioOctober 7, 2014
My team worked well together to provided for the daily needs of our clients. We transported them to work or school, scheduled all medical appointments and provided recreational activities. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with our clients to teach them independence and increasing their since of self worth.
Pros
I met and worked with a lot of great people.
Cons
Low pay
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INOctober 2, 2014
A typical day would be e arriving at work, and start preparing dinner and getting meds . together . I learned to be patient because everything takes time and when you have a disability it's hard to tell someone what you want and need. The manager was ok, some of the things she did wasn't appeasing to me and the other workers. The co-workers were good with me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the clients when they were having a bad moment. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see this one particular client watch her favorite movie which was Sister Act 2.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Proximity of thae job
hands on job
Group Home Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2014
assist clients with daily living, co-workers were easy to get along with, hardest part of job was dealing with clients that would have behaviors,
productivity.accuracy..and fastpaced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 9, 2014
typical day at work was to make sure everyone had their supplies and working in other areas when needed..supervised ..sorted ..inserted..swept mopped.took crates outside..trash..learned the incentive of what a postal service worker did and how hard it was to have things done ontime.managenent was great there ..they helped out as well..the hardest part of my job was making sure that my duties were done each day and having to do overtime..teamwork was a quality in my work.parties.raises..breaks..lunch breaks..this company was the most enjoyable company ever..
Pros
lunch breaks..parties..raises..401k..
Cons
no cons..