Anthropologie Employee Reviews

Productive, Fun and Relaxed
OVERNIGHT STOCK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 28, 2017
Fun environment, good pay, and flexible hours. However, managers were very unorganized and seemed like there wasn't any communication between them. Overall, it's a cool job with job people.
Pros
good pay, fun team, discounts on product
Cons
unorganized
Okay place to work
Summer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
I worked at the Anthropologie City Centre last summer, and it was okay, but not the best job I have had. I spent countless hours here and would say that the management is sub-par as well as the employees. The schedule can be heinous and the closing procedures are excessive. I tried to get rehired this past Christmas break, and although I had a boot on my leg from a recent fracture, I claimed over and over again that I would be well in a matter of two weeks. I was denied and that kind of ruined my image of them ever since.
Super fun if your looking for a part time job!
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 26, 2017
Anthro is a great place to work. Working beside strong women and getting to be a part of our customers lives for brief moments in time is a special gift. It is hard work, physically demanding at times with long hours on your feet and very fast paced.
Great potential but lacking vision for growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 14, 2017
Anthropolgie is a very strong brand and created a fun experience for their customer. The company needs to build on their brick and mortar business since online proves strong for the company.
Fun and welcoming company culture
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 12, 2017
The customers as well as the employees hold themselves to a higher standard in the retail world. The culture is very fun and bohemian and the customers are generally very happy and easy-going. The clothes are super fun to style and the customer really trusts your opinions.
Pros
Always moving, work day goes by fast, happy customers
Cons
Pay should be higher, scheduling is slow, strict 3 missed days you're out policy
Great Culture
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TXJune 9, 2017
The team culture and leaders are great! The company is undergoing a massive human capital restructure amongst leadership. I would recommend working here.
Pros
People
Cons
Apparel retail job security is low
Great Place to work!
BHLDN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 2, 2017
Anthropologie supports a culture of growth from within, and despite being demanding is always a fun, energetic place to work! Management is approachable and present.
Good
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
Great work life balance/not a lot of room for growth
Management communication is not strong; often times passive or managed by emotion than by fact
Huge expectations placed on management team
No payroll
Productive work place with emphasis on creativity
Visual Display Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
I would begin work at 6 AM which was difficult but with loud music and upbeat coworkers it actually became one of my favorite parts of work. I was able to develop a strong understanding of the importance that the visual displays and installations have on a stores success. Through the artistic and creative atmosphere and positive social work culture, I was able to thrive and truly do my best work.
na
Operations lead (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 28, 2017
Give us your opinion about a typical day at work what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part go the job.
Flexible Work Schedule
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJMay 27, 2017
Anthropologie is a perfect part time job to work around your school schedule. There is so much room to grow with a lot of opportunities to move up the ladder.
Fun place to work
Visual Display Intern (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAMay 25, 2017
great company to work with, great people and you can learn a lot working there and the staff were very friendly and willing to help with anything. definitely a family environment.
Dominated by Ageist Older Women
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2017
If you want to be stuck in a "School For Proper Young Girls" then come here. I worked at a MIT for a year without title or pay while being promised by my manager that I would be promoted. Never happened. Since I left the whole team left, the management team left, and the Store Merchandiser, Sore manager, AND district manager all got fired.
Fast-paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 22, 2017
Very fast-paced in KOP location. Although unjustly let go after refusal to schedule me due to over hire, very welcoming and friendly management. Busy store since stock is located upstairs, makes for a lot of running around and communication over walkies.
a day at work
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 21, 2017
if you open the store you will do shipments. Which means sending orders to customers that have ordered online, clean the store, some restock from last night ( if they didn't finish last night)

Midday: greet customers, ask if they need help with a size, inform them about any promotions, answer phone calls, fix any tables or racks. If in fitting room; collect clothing items from customers and place them in the room, have fitting room neat and controlled, if customer returned something put censor and price tag on.

closing: restock, start organizing clothing racks and house products, place back all go backs

I didn't like that we couldn't talk with each other (associates) during closing time. We are closing the store, doors are locked, no customers and we can't talk while we work. There was gossip between ALL managers. It's very tiring. Great experience because you learn a lot but very tiring. I would go home and sleep. You have to dress like the style that the store sells. You can either buy their product or your own clothes. Break room was very small and uncomfortable. I did like that some managers (not all) will teach you how to sell.

the pay is low because you do a lot of stuff

I also felt like some district managers didn't care who you are, but when they saw customers they were otally different people.
Pros
great discount
Cons
uncomfortable break room, pay is low for what you do
Wonderful Corporate Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 18, 2017
The atmosphere for employees is very enjoyable. It is relaxed and focused on expression. As a sales associate you are encouraged to wear the clothing, obviously, but generous discounts make things easier to afford.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 17, 2017
Anthropologie has been a very fun workplace since the beginning. I have been with the company for 5 years and since day one the team has been nothing but amazing and filled with enthusiastic and passionate people. There are opportunities to grow with the company if interested.
Anthropologie
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 16, 2017
I did not mind my experience at Anthropologie. It is a typical retail job, and it was my first time holding down a part-time job while at school. My management team was very supportive in terms of missing a few shifts for school. Of course these sort of jobs have their ups and downs. Sometimes you are called in when they are over staffed, and you end up trying to make up tasks to keep yourself busy. That and some customers can be...difficult. But overall it was fun - amazing employee discount too!
fun job for college students
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
this job is good if you are looking for something part time. The environment is friendly but do not look for full time employment. The staff is very nice and open minded. The clothes are very nice and they reward the staff with treats.
it's retail
Media Relations Assistant / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 12, 2017
Its your basic retail job dressed up with big words and flowing fabrics because Anthropologie. You will have horrid customers and slow days, depending on what kind of person you are you will either like it and the women who work there, or you will want to stab yourself repeatedly in the eyes. Also they HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to purchase anthropologie clothes, be careful because that nonsense is expensive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthropologie. Our community is ready to answer.