Anthropologie Employee Reviews in United States

Great Coworkers but low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
Anthro had a stellar management team that motivated me to come to work happy every day. They saw my strengths and embraced them. Unfortunately, the pay was very low. On slow days, they would have to send half of the team home, otherwise they would not be able to pay everyone.
Fun and positive culture
Home Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJuly 13, 2016
Since the brand URBN is fairly newer to the retail world in comparison to other major retailers, they are operationally run very similar but their work environment is very different. In the most refreshing way.
Two store managers for almost all stores: visual and store managers.
Visual hires for art majors who will be creating displays and ensure store is always visually appealing.
Store manager owns all sales workload and operational flow, but both carry similar weight.
Associates have a very fun work environment and can grow in whatever direction they identify with best.
This brand is a free spirit and art inspired culture, with aesthetic driven by creative visual merchandisers
Pros
Entrepreneurial management mindset- which is helpful when you know your local market
Cons
Can not think of anything. Great place to work.
Fun and fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work involves many different tasks. Point-of-sale transactions, restocking inventory, interacting with customers, and maintaining a high floor presence.
Lovely
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
The brains behind Anthropologie really know how to get a customers attention. The smell you encounter upon entering alone leaves the customers wanting more. The atmosphere is fantastic, as well as the staff.
Pros
breaks, moving around
Cons
healthcare
A nice Company
Niche Fragrance Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2016
It's a really put together company. They really understand that creating a a experience is important. I liked working there, They just have too many part time workers and not enough full time so you don't know if you can move up or not
Pros
The company is nice
Cons
TOO many part-time workers
Fun and productive environment
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 2, 2016
When arriving we were set up in a rotation on the floor. One hour up at the register, one hour in the fitting room and the rest were on the floor helping customers. Closing shifts were to take all go backs to the floor, make sure everything was properly put away and organized neatly.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
On call shifts and no set schedule
High demand and sometimes unstable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2016
I was part of the process of the expansion format Anthropologie store. I was able to meet the CEO and other important home office people which was exciting. It was hands on and creative and fun. When the turnover process was over and we opened to the public it was obvious that we were understaffed for such a big store. Even though there was a lot of stress and foot traffic was overwhelming, my managers were patient with me while I learned the new culture, and how to work with customers as well as learning cash register operations and so on.
My coworkers are great and the customers have some great stories to tell which was fun to listen to while you ring them up. I do feel like too many responsibilities were placed on the associates and we were not being monetarily compensated for all that work.
I learned a lot from this company but it is definitely time to move on.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenvale, NYMay 24, 2016
Interning is a great way demonstrate initiative going beyond the classroom into the the real world taking on assignments to enhance your work ethic, and dexterity. Anthropologie was an experience of a lifetime allowing me to branch out creatively on a variety of different projects, and work with others to achieve our objective while learning new things. In New York the fashion capital in this country Urban outfitters sponsors designer fabrication with vibrant colors for any occasion all year round.
Pros
The experience itself
Cons
Non-paid
Nice work environment, does not foster growth or learning
Assistant Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2016
amazing people, amazing talent, but inefficient work flow with with changing job descriptions. Management does not have the capabilities to foster growth or motivate lower level employees. Many lower level employees are regarded as replaceable
Great place to work part-time
Senior Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 3, 2016
Lovely job culture. Surrounded by creative minds that inspire and fuel creativity. Outside of that, pretty typical retail job. Long closing nights sometimes over the weekend, slow store= few hours etc. I.E. - great for part-time work unless you work hard to advance.
Love the Experience
Home Buying Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2016
As a Home Buying Intern at Anthropologie, I really learned the nuts and bolts of what it means to be a buyer in a corporate fashion company. Coming from a background in public relations and communications, I knew little about buying and what went into it. My leadership team took the time to teach me the necessary things in order to do my job.
Amazing Culture and Work Environment
Display Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLMarch 21, 2016
I love working for such an artistic, progressive and philanthropic company like Anthropologie. The streamlined organization mixed with the organic culture is something that is hard to come across elsewhere.
Amazing
Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2016
I absolutely loved working for the Dallas Country Club for the two summers that I did. I would recommend anyone to work for them!
Job was very up beat but it was too demanding at times given the workload to workers.
Stockroom Receiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
I enjoyed the atmosphere at Anthropologie and the coworkers I worked with. Top management was not very active within the stockroom which was difficult because we were short workers quite often.
Pros
experience
Cons
unsteady schedule
inspiring, creative atmosphere
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2016
Everyday brought new challenges, be it a new directive from corporate to ensuring the proper level of customer service, to a different daily team dynamic. I enjoyed all the problem solving that comes with being a manager and effectively running a smooth day of operations. I enjoyed the fast paced environment as well as using my abilities to multitask and prioritize.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough of a work life balance
Productive, Hands on and Fun
VISUAL DISPLAY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 17, 2016
Great internship, gained a lot of experience in Visual Merchandising and Display. Was able to use my creative skills and abilities.
Great management and company culture
Sales Associate & Senior Home Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
The management hired at Anthropologie are trained well and empower associates to grow. The company culture is inviting and creates a sense of community.
What I learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 7, 2016
I thought that working at Anthropologie would be a lot of fun! I enjoyed it so much as a customer, but that's as far as it goes. You won't get a lot of hours, you'll often have to take other's hour as people will want to take off of work all the time, and you won't even know half of these people unless youre a regular. They have these shifts called on calls where you have to 2 hours before your shift to see if you're needed. Then they expect you to wear their merchandise and if your don't they'll silently judge you. Let's be real if you're barely working there you don't want to spend what you're getting on clothes. It's a delightful store, but not to work there. Their system sucks!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay, no hours, unreliable coworkers
It's a great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 2, 2016
I'm a current employee of Anthropologie as a sales associate and working here have been great, so far. The culture of the company is one that isn't very hard to get use to. On a typical day at work, like a Saturday or Sunday, the store can get very busy and if its needed the will call for backup. The store have a hourly target to meet and this is the part that many may not like that much because when they are under the target the management start to push you to make the sales. Also, they may be kind of freaks when it come to the store standards on the closing, they are very detailed on the folding and the angle of the things (they kind of look for perfection). The co-workers that I have are very nice and very easy to get along with. I don't know on the others store on the states, but on mine I work on the minimum salary.
Pros
Very open-minded store culture.
Cons
They are very detailed with the store standards.
Upbeat Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 31, 2016
I have loved my time at Anthropologie Chattanooga while in college. I experienced excellent management, training, and corporate relationships. I grew as an employee and extended my loyalty to the company over the span of two years. I learned time-management, as well as customer appreciation. I developed monetary skills applicable to other business institutions. At Anthropologie I worked with a larger team of managers and associates and balanced flexibility in many responsible roles. The most enjoyable part of the job was enriching a customers experience and building relationships, while the hardest part was hustling to get several jobs done. It was all rewarding and an overall exceptational experience.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Short or No Breaks