Anti-Defamation League Employee Reviews

Intern
JEVS Human Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2017
Wonderful national non-profit helping all forms of civil rights movements. Goals are to help educate the youth specifically in schools to make a larger impact.
Great Mission - but you realize its all talk when the mission is not even internal
Associate Director of Development (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 24, 2017
The work load is fine until you realize that you will take on more and more year after year and will never be properly compensated, and when you ask about advancing you are penalized and told you are being insubordinate. There is no leadership or fairness which is really interesting coming from a organization that suppose to want fair treatment for all.
Pros
About 21 holidays a year you are off
Cons
No room for advancement especially if not Jewish
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2017
The ADL is a great company to work with. The skills utilized are beneficial during, as well as after work. The frequency of assignments may vary based on the need within your region.
Amazing place to work, real work on human rights
Assistant National Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2016
It was and still is a leader on human rights. few places have developed the scope of concern, actions and efforts to ensure that all people not just one culture can live well in this country and for that matter through out the world
Pros
Travel and teaming
Cons
Non profit
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2016
Fun employees and I liked the fun office we had. I also had a great supervisor at this job. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to work in non-profit
Good mission; disconnected management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2016
My day consisted of maintaining the office and the supplies we needed to keep it going. I would monitor and processes accounts payable and receivable. There was event planning for large and small events. I scheduled travel for supervisor and completed the expense voucher after her return. I monitored the budgets as well as projected budgets for the coming year.
Pros
Generous leave
Cons
Financial compensation was poor
Everyday is like working with Family.
Information Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
I process donations from our donor's that come in via Lock box download, white mail, or transmittal's sent in from our 30 offices across the country. I am also responsible for the up keep of the donor's accounts, address changes, phone numbers, and the changing of their credit card information. I run weekly credit card download's via Convio website. The coworker's here are like family because we have been working so long together. The most enjoyable part of work here is dealing with my coworkers in the regions. They are a good group of people. I have learned a lot from my managers from dedication, better supervisory skills, and being efficient.
Pros
boss shows us appreciation, and the amount of days off for holidays.
Cons
our slow season.
Amazing Work
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2015
A great place to work with a fantastic office. Great coworkers with special clients. A truly fulfilling work experience with exciting tasks and interesting issues
Organization mission is incedible and very important in the world today
Associate Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 5, 2014
My day began with calls to my donors and engaging them in the incidents of ADL's day to day alerts. I learned more about the anti-terrorism and extremist activities that ADL was involved in. The management in the New York office was always there to assist us. My colleagues in the Development Team were terrific. They were all very professional and we worked together as a great team. The hardest part of my job was the reporting system that was available to us. The most enjoyable part of my job was building the strong relationships that I developed and those people will always be a part of my life.
Pros
All the holidays and vacation time
Cons
Too many meetings
Best Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 28, 2014
The day would consist of ice breakers and getting to know the interns. Each supervisor would have a task for each intern and each intern attended a meeting every week. In the meeting interns learned about resume writing, financial aid and college prep.
Pros
free lunch on Wednseday
Pleasant Work Place
Information Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
My work days are typical calm and easy. I enjoy my work environment everyone is helpful and friendly.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
No room for growth
Family environment
Summer Intern, Investigations Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2012
working at the ADL was like working with your family, everyone was very friendly and willing to help if ever there was an issue. Working for a non profit really opens your eyes to the issues we all face.
Pros
family environment, work hand in hand with the community, educate people on the issues we face everyday
Cons
only a summer internship