Antioch University Employee Reviews

educational institution
Visiting Faculty (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2014
Interesting and congenial place to be. I enjoyed working with the students
Non Profit University focused on Changing the World
Production Manager/Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  SeattleJune 11, 2014
As a student, a teacher and an office employee I've traversed many aspects of this institution.
Open Door to Grow and Be a Change Agent
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2013
Antioch recruiting me for the position of Adjunct turned out to be a great opportunity to refine my skills and return the favor to academics and bring my ideas to the classroom.
Very fun place to work at
Admissions Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2013
I really miss working for this company, my supervisors were so nice and respectful and made me feel like one of them ignoring the job title and power. I learned a lot working there, customer relations and being part of a company that is so into education.
Pros
benefits, good management, family oriental company
Supportive environment with an excellent group of people.
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 6, 2012
My position as a graduate researcher at Antioch was a paid position open to first year MA students. There was a tremendous amount of personal growth and on the job training about the administrative and planning aspects of the higher education industry. I also learned a great deal about Higher Learning Commission's accreditation criterion as the university committee planning meetings I sat on and reports I wrote were for the purpose of ensuring Antioch maintained HLC accreditation. These reports involved student enrollment statistics, time to completion, drop out rates and students verbally reported and written data about significant learning experiences. My typical day involved primarily coordinating the post graduation interviewing and portfolio review process for graduating students in the B.A. in Liberal Studies program. My coworkers in the department were core faculty and the other administrative assistant. All were pleasant to work with (with one exception -- will not name names). with the first year of my MA now behind me, it is now necessary for me to pass to baton at that position and move on hopefully building my skill set and knowledge base by other jobs in the higher education industry.
Pros
casual, yet professional environment -- flexibility of work hours.
Cons
unable to hold position during the second year of my program.

Want to know more about Antioch University?

Ask a question