The A+ Computer Service Technician will be working in an Authorized Lenovo/HP Repair center and is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing user’s computer hardware, software, personal computer networks, and peripheral equipment. They will also need to make recommendations regarding hardware and software upgrades, prepare documentation, and provide user assistance on the phone or in person to non-technical customers.
This candidate must be CompTIA A+ certified to be considered.
Equivalent to completion of two years of college-level coursework in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
Two years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
The candidate must have knowledge of:
- Computer hardware, software and peripherals such as central processing units, servers, monitors, cables, network systems, printers, plotters and modems..
- Procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals.
- Techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users*.
The candidate must have skills in:
- Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software, using primarily standard financial, business and administrative application practices.
- Installing, configuring, assembling and repairing computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers and related hardware.
- Troubleshooting and solving hardware and software problems in person or over the phone.
- Instructing non-technical users on new or upgraded computer applications and hardware.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures.
- Communicating effectively with non-technical customers to exchange or convey information.
Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data.
Staffs a service help desk to facilitate exchange of information and advice on user’s technical issues and RMA questions.
- Maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology.
Antonline.com, part of Atlanta Network Technologies, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Roswell, Georgia, located just north of Atlanta. We are a premier B2C and B2B internet retailer for electronics and computer technology. The working environment is one that promotes personal growth, responsibility, teamwork and fun. ANT, Inc. offers excellent benefits in an employee friendly environment including medical coverage, vacation/holiday/sick pay, a progressive dress code, and a generous employee product discount.
Atlanta Network Technologies, Inc.
33 Mansell Court
Roswell, Georgia 30076-4807
Antonline.com, part of Atlanta Network Technologies, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Roswell, Georgia, located just north...