Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

High energy and fun work environment
Manager/ Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LADecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at Anytime Fitness, and learned a lot about management and working with employees under me. I would recommend this job to high school graduates and college students looking for management experience.
Productive and fun workplace
High School JV/Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, WIDecember 11, 2017
Made own hours so flexibility was a plus. Gym as a whole is nice but personally don't fit as well compared to more of a focused gym vs general gym. Pay isn't great whatsoever
Good plave to work if you are at the right location
Manager (Current Employee) –  River Falls, WIDecember 6, 2017
Anytime Fitness is a good place to work as long as you are at a good location. Not of the facilities are bad but some offer benefits and paid vacation while others do not
Pros
Relaxing, low pressure
Cons
no benefits
Fun workplace. Good people
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MODecember 2, 2017
Over the last couple years I have enjoyed working here however I am looking for something with full-time benefits and more appreciation for the hard work I put in.
Pros
Relaxing environment
Cons
Management is poor
Fun Environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 30, 2017
Working at Anytime gave me a new set of skills that I had been needing. I conquered my fears of cold calling and had great relationships with the members.
Easy-going, laid back and healthy environment.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi, LANovember 28, 2017
Over the course of my five years working at Anytime Fitness, I can proudly say that my life has been changed for the better. I was able to acquire a number of different skills I previously did not possess and I have been transformed emotionally and most definitely physically. Being able to work out on the job is an amazing perk! I gained 45 pounds of muscle of the course of my career at Anytime Fitness and I look and feel great.
Pros
Can workout on the clock, very flexible hours and able to work alone most of the time.
Cons
Lack of structure and proper management. Sometimes TOO laid back.
Family Oriented atmoshere
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 24, 2017
Family oriented. Surrounded around good professional people. Be yourself at all times. Great family atmosphere. Great People. Workout, Communicate, Conquer and Adapt.
Pros
Cleanliness
Cons
Work hours
Job did not meet outline of position
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 21, 2017
I was hired in the summer along with another trainer. We were supposed to work a total of 15 hours a week combined. That never ever happened. In fact, the other trainer left, and eventually I lost all of my classes I was teaching and was down to one half hour a week. Management is from another state and just doesn’t understand the competition here and would not listen to those who do. It is sad because the other employees are great and so are the members.
Pros
Great members and co-workers
Cons
Lack of new opportunities, poor management
Keeping up with current fitness needs of the public is important
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 20, 2017
My overall view of Anytime Fitness, is the concept is good but maybe could use some adjustments as needs of the public change. Also need to pay employees based on overall experience. Difficult to make a living on part time hours and minimal pay.
Pros
Love the 24 hour aspect
Cons
more pay
training and sales
Certified Personal Trainer and Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2017
Not the hottest ground for personal training, but I was the sales representative in a new club so that was lucrative.
These are not the clubs sought after by serious personal training clientele.
The atmosphere is fairly relaxed.
The hours can run late with short notice.

Want to know more about Anytime Fitness?

Ask a question
Was micro-managed, trained, created and implemented fitness programs
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INNovember 14, 2017
I signed up memberships, personal trained, created and implemented fitness classes, cleaned equipment, assigned other employee job duties, opened and closed.
Pros
I helped people get healthy and achieve their fitness goals
Cons
Horrible pay, management harassed myself and other employees, micromanaged, no benefits
Active part time cleaning gym
Service Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PANovember 14, 2017
clean bathrooms, wipe down equipment, vaccum/mop carpets/floors, spray down windows/mirrors, assist in membership sign up, present tours of club, communicate with employees/members, friendly-positive attitude, clean environment, fast pace
Fun work atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 14, 2017
Perform daily operations including: Membership sales, customer relations & scheduling of training, classes, and events. Wonderful opportunity to see members grow and achieve their goals.
Fine place to get your feet wet
Gym Manager (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDNovember 14, 2017
Working of Anytime Fitness was a good stepping stone for the career path that I hope to one day progress through. There are no advancement opportunities nor any room for growth.
Upbeat atmosphere with great members.
Sales Associate / Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Parrish, FLNovember 8, 2017
The gym and establishment itself was very clean and an upbeat environment to work in. However, the management at the time was very rude and did not train their employees properly.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 8, 2017
I love this job in all honesty I do but the lack of performance in sales (You are not required to find your own clients) is making it impossible to make a liveable income, great part-time job for those looking for 10-15 hours a week.
Pros
Very relaxed environment
Cons
Very relaxed environment
A great place to work
Personal Trainer/ Floor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNNovember 7, 2017
It was a great pleasure getting to be with this business from the opening day and it has been amazing to see how much growth it has done in just over a year. The management and staff are great people.
great gym culture, good people to work with
Personal Trainer/ Group Trainer (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WINovember 7, 2017
day started at 630am - 1030am, took break, resumed work at 3pm - 7pm.
Management was great, didn't try to micromanage, believed in trainers to do their job.
Fun place to work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 6, 2017
This is a family friendly atmosphere where we are given the autonomy to help the business grow. We work hard not because we are afraid of management retribution but because we love where we work, who we work for and who we get to work with.
Pros
No split shifts
Cons
No benefits
Owner/Operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Southern californiaNovember 2, 2017
Sold business while I could. Too difficult (location and demographic dependent, ofcourse) to compete with industry competitors such as Planet fitness, Fitness 19, Fitness evo, more or less all of the other clubs that simply destroy the value and cost of a gym membership. Corporate is little to no help as there is nothing they can do for the business style, set up, pricing, sizes of the clubs etc.
These other competitors offer a larger facility, 24/7 access, unlimited tanning, etc, for a fraction of anytime fitness rates. Oh, also their memberships are month to month always, never any contracts.
They have taken over this market and there is little to no room for Anytime Fitness in major populated areas to make a worthy profit for owning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.