Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun place
Gym Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, INDecember 1, 2016
It was a fun job getting to know people and help others get to a better lifestyle. Selling a membership can be hard but when you help others out it makes you feel good.
Pros
Free gym
Great place to learn more about fitness
MRT/Coach (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LANovember 29, 2016
- Cleaned, worked out clients, wrote reports on their progress, signed up new members, etc.
- The ins and outs of what it takes to run a successful gym.
- Management were great people. I consider them friends and we still have a relationship to this day.
- The co-workers were great. They helped teach me about the gym and what they did to ensure the gym's success.
- The constant cleaning. It takes a lot to keep a gym clean day after day.
- Seeing the clients reach their goals.
Potential to be good depending on franchise owner
Personal Trainer, Manager (Current Employee) –  Radford, VANovember 13, 2016
Too much time spent on job hours. Had no life outside of work because of hours. Had no benefits at all as manager. Wages were extremely low as well considering time spent there
Pros
Hour and half lunch break
Cons
Hours. Wages.
Prodrative work place
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 13, 2016
Working as a supervisor will be my courier.
It will help us to gain more knowledge.i had an experienced of this job being assistance supervisor,it is coolest part of any jobs.i have a faith that it will bring happy life in my day to day activities.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Free shelter n health care
Positive and fun atmosphere to work in
Certified Personal Trainer/Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 9, 2016
Anytime Fitness was a positive, motivating place to work. A typical day was meeting with clients, assessing their progress, and taking them through a goal focused workout. I learned to interact with many different personalities and focus on what they needed and wanted fitness wise. My manager kept me motivated to grow my personal training business and taught me how to become the best trainer possible. My co-workers, like myself were very energetic and positive. The hardest part of the job was counseling clients to adhere to their nutrition plans. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a client reach their goal.
Pros
free gym memberships at Anytime Fitness and Crossfit 259
Cons
Anytime fitness took 50% of what was charged for training
Good Environment, Little Direction from Upper Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MINovember 5, 2016
There was a lot of sitting around with few employees taking any initiative. It was difficult to manage a facility when the proper tools were not provided for the managing staff. Most of the training was on the job training and happened by trial and error. When staff assigned to a management position they were not supported by ownership.
Pros
Free Gym Membership, No Micromanaging
Cons
Difficult to reach upper management, To much down time, No Ability to advance in the business, Owners kept employees in the dark until the last possible second
productive PLACE
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Any where in U S AOctober 29, 2016
a TYPICAL DAY WORK, that will help to explore my potentials and be productive to the world as a Nurse

to corporate effectively with co-workers
Pros
free
Great company culture and mission
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 27, 2016
I had the opportunity to work with driven, passionate people who truly wanted the best for each of the club's members. They inspired me to face challenges head-on and develop creative business solutions. I had the opportunity to connect directly with members, which showed me the importance of caring and focused customer service. I grew in my speaking skills, ability to solve problems, and knowledge of how a typical small business works. My favorite part of the job was assisting in various marketing campaigns. At the end of the summer, I filmed and created a promotional video comprised of member interviews and workout footage in order to increase awareness about the gym in the community and foster team spirit among members.
Great Energy !
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2016
Very goal oriented and members are the driving force . The culture was really lax and the owners were extremely engaged with not only the staff but each member they crossed paths with.
Productive place to work, Fantastic people
Personal Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTOctober 21, 2016
Any Time Fitness in Cromwell CT. Was a learning experience to work at. The Trainers were knoligible but I felt were held back by the cooky cutter programming and sales tactics forced on to them by upper management.
Pros
The people you meet on a daily basses are fantastic and working there you get to help so many people
Cons
The Gym is overpriced, The trainers are restrictions do to the "programing", Its rare that clients learn or get to there goals because of it.
A productive fast pace work environment.
Office Personnel-H2i (Current Employee) –  Fernley, NVOctober 19, 2016
The job required long hours on your feet walking around the warehouse picking items to ship out. I learned a new skill and thrived on the fast pace environment. Meet good people in my work group.
Good people to work with
Utility Cleaner (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 12, 2016
I love the people that I work with and good environment for new people is about clean a lot staff especially bathrooms a you get to know a lot people every day
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
Productive and very interactive with different cultures
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Crete, NEOctober 6, 2016
My days consist of marketing to potential new members. Daily paperwork and some cleaning as well. I enjoy meeting new people and working with individuals and helping them achieve their fitness goals.
Fun place, not enough clients
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  4600 N 19th st. Bismarck, ND 58503October 5, 2016
Fun place to work at, pay is good, just don't have enough clients to become a full time trainer right now. Very clean place. No platform for dead lifts. Takes a while for a machine to get fixed.
I absolutely love working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 3, 2016
The staff are all very nice and helpful. Definitely a great team atmosphere. The hours are flexible if there's an emergency and I need to take off on short notice. It's a fun gym to work at.
Pros
Fun, friendly coworkers, clean, commission
Cons
Low hourly wage, work can be slow sometimes
Awful
Manager/Membership Rep (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 28, 2016
Awful, The District Manager was not professional. The rest of them were. I was working alone in one Gym for many months. I hardly got any help until I contacted the other corporate owners.
Family atmosphere
Personal Trainer/ Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTSeptember 24, 2016
Smaller club size promotes a close knit community within the club. Members and clients often feel comfortable in this environment; the stigma of an intimidating unfriendly gym does not exist; neighborliness is the norm in this gym. It's very easy to develop relationships with members.
Pros
Close knit community, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Long commute
Great environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Trenton, OHSeptember 21, 2016
Helped people reach their goals. this is a little more in depth than just sales; we make sure that people feel comfortable coming in here, so that they will be more likely to want to achieve their goals. We want to establish a healthy lifestyle for the people that come in here on a day to day basis.
A fun workplace and overall positive atmosphere
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Anytime Fitness. I've established many great, long-lasting relationships with co-workers and members. I've also learned a lot about myself as a manager, overseeing 15+ employees. Working with all kinds of people and their personalities was one of the hardest challenges to overcome at work. But it really helped me discover how to reach the best solutions to problems in the workplace, even when not everybody agreed. A typical day at work involved marketing Anytime Fitness to the general public through different marketing avenues, such as flyering, corporate wellness programs, community involvement, telemarketing, and social media in order to grow the clubs and increase revenue. Unfortunately, there is no room for growth within this company. I have a lot of ambition to grow into higher management positions with new challenges, but this company does not offer any.
Pros
The people I work with and the members that I get to be a part of their health journey
Cons
No health benefits, minimal bonus incentives, lack of leadership from owner
Enjoyable
Personal Trainer/Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 4, 2016
A typical day involved consulting with co-workers and training clients. I learned how to safely motivate and encourage people. The management was good. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The hardest part was the lack of stability of client retention.