AOC Employee Reviews

Juvenile
Kentucky court of justice (Current Employee) –  London, KYOctober 7, 2016
A good place to work, no advancements. Excellent benefit, pay is low for a required degree. Co-workers are awesome!!! On-call is the hardest part.
poor
court designated specialist (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 20, 2016
they do not take care of their employees when there is real issues going on. there is poor management and they do not support their workers
Good
Weekend Daytime Supervisor / Heading Home (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2015
A good place to work, especially if you want extra hours. Comunication could be better. Residents can be tough, so dont let them push you over.
fun to work at
Security and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2015
As a security at AOC I would make sure all exit doors are locked and secure for emergency situations. I had a routine every hour I would walk around the facility talking to residents gaining their trust in case of an emergency so they could feel comfortable talking to me about the situation. I would make sure there is no tension between residents and staff making sure that they feel safe while staying at AOC. At the end of the night I would make sure that the gate surrounding the facility were locked and the doors to enter and exit the facility were secure. I would make sure that all residents were in the facility by 9pm and that there were no disturbances for those who were sleeping.
As a Supervisor I would make sure that everyone is on task and accomplishing there duties throughout the day. I would make sure that our staff were treating all of the residents with proper respect and showed them the way of AOC living. AOC has protocols that we would have to follow conducting new residents with an assessment of questionnaires. Each resident who would stay there had to take a questionnaire to make sure that they are going to be responsible and respectful while staying at AOC. I would also handle any type of situations or difficulties the resident had with any of the other residents or staff while staying at AOC.
A great place to work
temporary work Green Tweed Receptionist (Former Employee) –  OFF OF FAIRBANKS N. HOUSTONApril 7, 2015
great place to work. I learned a lot about welding products. Management was okay. The hardest part of the job was no training. Once I learn they decide to sell to PRAXAIR they ended up having lay offs.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Troubleshooting circiuts daily and crypto
Senior Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAFebruary 13, 2015
The job seems secure due to the fact of what we do and who we support. I work with equipment I worked on in the military. I like my fellow co-workers, we support each other. Management is good, they are well organized. I get a lot of hands-on with the equipment, I wish I had more administrative rights to actually get in and configure the equipment.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, casual atire.
Cons
Just wish I would have negotiated my starting price better.
Aoc
Chef de Cuisine (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Working as a Chef at AOC was a challenge, this restaurant make 300covers minimum a day.
Team was easy to train, and very competent.
Fun environment
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCMay 5, 2014
Great place to work and live. Wish I could go back there one day and enjoy it again.
Fast paced environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
family owned. some room for advancement. not much training. was thrown in an environment that I new nothing about. had to learn on my own.
Pros
weekly pay and gas was paid for
Cons
not great healthcare
Productive workplace that is very team-oriented
Weapons System Help Desk Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAMay 28, 2013
I am looking for a productive workplace with a very friendly team-oriented environment. Team work is very important to me in a working environment. My typical day at work usually consists of troubleshooting trouble tickets with other AOC sites and providing any kind of knowlege base to my co-workers when they are trouble shooting issues or building servers. The environment I work in is very relaxed and everyone is very helpful both professionally and personally. Its kind of like a family. The hardest part of the job is walking the customer through steps over the phone to correct a problem especially when they are not technially savy. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the issue resolved with a site especially if we have been working the issue for a long period of time.
Pros
We have office potlucks especially around the holidays
Cons
n/a
Fun workplace
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 8, 2013
Repetitive work. Could get boring at times. The job was not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was the chance to meet the different students.
Pros
great pay, paid holidays, no weekends
Cons
no benefits, no advancement opportunities
Excellent Benefits
Supervisor, Administrative Services Department (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 17, 2013
The AOC is a laid back work environment with the flexability to set your own hours. There have been opportunities of advancement for myself. My co-workers are very diverse and knowledgeable in their field.
Busy
Account Recievables (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJune 11, 2012
phone calls, mail, collections, drivers, customers
learned about air gases
excellent
great
collecting
my job being done for the day
Pros
enjoyed working there
Cons
main office
Decent place to work.Temp.to perm.opportunities
HR/Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 5, 2012
Helped me land a great job through outside opportunities.Very flexible in hours and locations.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lower wages due to contractual nature
Fremdenfuehrer
Fremdenfuehrer/Visitor Guide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2015
Als Fremdenfuehrer habe ich auf Deutsch und auf Englisch Fuehrungen durch das US Kapitolgebaeude gefuehrt.
Pros
Interessante Ausbildungstaetigkeit
Cons
Zu viele Stunden Arbeit in der Woche