AOL Employee Reviews

start up culture
Manager, Media Client Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
my time at aol was very satisfying, the company's culture was one that stressed the importance of work/life balance. My coworkers made work a second home for me and quickly became like family. Although,there was a lot of restructuring and it felt like with every change at the executive level there wasn't much continuity in vision and execution. We found our selves going back and forth between previous business models and new business models.
Pros
work life balance, company events and family friendly
Cons
no clear vision and constant change in business structure
Great expereince
Sr. Technical Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 23, 2017
Working at AOL was one of my better work experiences. I learned so much and wore many hats and met many people. This job also gave me the opportunity to travel and experience different cultures.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Rep-Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2017
Great company with great benefits. Still have very close friends I met while working at AOL. AOL appreciated it's employees and demonstrated this in many ways.

I am proud to say I worked for AOL in its infancy and what I learned has helped me with every other position I have obtained.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Company no longer exists.
This company no longer exists now in the way it was then
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE COACH (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2017
I was employeed in this company when there was call center in existence. Since I left, this call center shut down as the company was losing its market due to high speed competition.
Pros
Good Work environment
Cons
No longer existent
Great management and growth
Facility Technician (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 16, 2017
Great work environment and culture. There's lots of opportunity for growth and wealth of knowledge to be learned. Work system can be improved but still a great work place
Busy environment, competitive
Executive Assistant, AOL Advertising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2017
Can be stressful due to continual layoffs. Excellent perks besides benefits. Expected to be checking and responding to emails on weekends. Job satisfaction is very tied to manager.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks. Good benefits.
Cons
Expected to be checking emails on weekends
A Great Place to Be Yourself
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 10, 2017
I was welcomed to a team of people who wanted me to succeed. It was a really nice environment where individualism was encouraged and teamwork excelled. I was given direction in the areas in which I needed to learn and I was always rewarded for excellence as a team member and individually.
Pros
Lots of instruction as well as rewards for success.
Cons
They closed.
great place to work
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 8, 2017
a relaxed work environment that is designed to help you be more productive and creative. a 24/7 culture that is on the cutting edge of technology that has many ways of improving ones self.
Pros
stock options, competative pay, healthcare, vacation
Cons
layoffs
Accounts Recievable
Retention Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2017
Connected customers to the Web and adjusted payment information on file to maintain the services without any interruptions and perform customer service deeds and retain customers from discontinuing the services.
stressful but fun
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 8, 2017
Got free aol fast no lack of work alot to learn training was really good they out sourced are jobs so I had to get new one got an extra 2 pay checks and training to find a new job
Pros
free aol had coffee and juice
Cons
did not pay much
Highly productive workplace with exceptional talent throughout company
Director, Employee Training and Communications (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work, extremely challenging and wonderful people. Management was approachable and all projects were highly engaging. Limited job security.
Ever changing company
Director (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAAugust 2, 2017
As one of the older internet companies, AOL continues to evolve with market needs. Now called Oath, a division of Verizon, it offers new opportunities in the digital space
Life at AOL
Vice President, Global Advertising Operations (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 25, 2017
Always changing, too many layoffs but offered strong benefits and compensation plus a solid work/life balance and culture. I loved working with my team across the world but having to say goodbye to a lot of them through the years by way of voluntary or involuntary attrition begins to weigh heavily on you.
High intensity job with an environment that changed daily.
Senior Network Operations Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2017
I worked as a Senior Network Operations Center Analyst. This job was always busy with a great deal of interactions with 3rd party vendors. The staff that I worked with were both professional and very skilled in their field.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
This was a great job
The Chapel Hill satellite off was an extremely productive and nurturing environment
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 19, 2017
I got into work around 9:00.
Opened my work and prepared tasks for the day.
At 10:15 3 times weekly we would have our SCRUM meeting.
The rest of the day is filled with tasks at hand, reviewing projects with peers and managers.

Best part: Everyone one of my coworkers was always happy to help with work related issues as well as offer assistance when necessary.

Worst part: Corporate politics
closed the call center
Senior Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2017
AOL was a great company to work for, until people left dial up for broadband in droves. AOL really tried to make broadband available but, the DSL and Cable companies would not share the pipeline. They were sneaky about closing us down.
Pros
lots of swag
Cons
stress
No opportunity
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 7, 2017
There is no opportunity for advancement only if you know somebody important in the company. No rules for dress code so environment became very distracting.
Pros
campus felt like a college compus
Cons
Everhthing
Unfortunately a company on a slow death
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 7, 2017
AOL was at it's heyday the amazing place to work however I came in at a time of the slow death spiral. They have a chance to stay afloat but it is not going to be easy.
Productive and fun place to work
Strategic Account Manager/Custom Ad Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
AOL is a great company that allows their employees to grow in their careers while having fun at the same time. Many great perks, including ping pong tables, company lunches on Friday's and many fun company outings.
Pros
Fun and exciting work environment
Cons
n/a
Great Culture
AM (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 26, 2017
This is a great place to work with amazing people. The recent changes lead to a lot of job uncertainty and constant change. But they will be player in the future digital landscape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AOL. Our community is ready to answer.