AOL Employee Reviews in United States

Opportunity to assist students with science & mathematics studies
Homework Helpline (Former Employee) –  Home in Rochester, New YorkOctober 24, 2015
Students submit requests for assistance with homework or problem-solving.
Patience is required with all students from elementary school to colleges.
Pretty much self managed
Co-workers are other volunteers, who were always very helpful.
Staying current with latest changes in science and technology.
Observing young people learning.
Pros
Working online from home
Cons
Never ending need for assistance from students.
Telecommunications Sales and Retention
Sales Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2015
My favorite job of them all. I loved everything about Timewarner/AOL. I loved going to work and when they asked if I could work overtime, it was a no brainer.
Pros
lunches, events, commission, supervisors, VTO, PTO, the companies humanitarian duties to the communites
Cons
that they laid us off after opening international call centers in Phillipines and India
Vibrant Compnay
Senior Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 16, 2015
AOL provided a platform for its employees to grow and reach their goals and the corporation goals. Benefits were outstanding and was a fantastic environment to work in.
productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
HR Assistant/Executive Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
fast paced busy environment to work in with free drinks. celebrities usually come in the office, friendly staff, long days and nights.
Facility Operations Manager
Facility Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
Laid back work environment similar to Google. High level of customer service while managing facility contracts and the event calendar.
Pros
Free food and drinks, flexible work hours
Cons
On call 24/7
Great Work life balance
Principal Business Planning/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 7, 2015
Its a great work life balance for working Mom's ! Been with AOL through multiple changes in Management over the last 6 years. AOL search team has largely gone unaffected as we are small but extremely efficient group. since its a small group there is not too much opportunity for advancement. Overall my experience has been wonderful and rewarding !
good helpdesk
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  New york nyOctober 5, 2015
offers a good help desk roll
simulates Google work place

main contacts for management are in
Va

company has a good variety of PC'c workstations and apple products
Energetic and Fun Team
Manager, Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2015
Great place to work. Educational and productive. I enjoyed working there. It was intense and satisfying. I felt rewarded and compensated appropriately.
Out of business
retention specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 26, 2015
I worked at the call center in Maitland at the time. It went out of business, but was a good place to work. It was semiprofessional and relaxed environment. The pay was competitive.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Went out of business
Freelancer
FREELANCE PROJECTS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
I freelanced at AOL, so didn't have a day-to-day life there. Seemed like a positive and creative environment. The company is on the cutting edge of online video.
Great place to grow
Finance, Social Media & Trending Content Fellow (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Great place to start off your career, lots of room for creative thinking.
The eveviroment is pretty open, so there's no telling who you'll be sitting next too.

Come with an open, creative mind. Management love innovators.
great worklife balance, little mentorship
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
I enjoyed their worklife balance, fun atmosphere, and benefits, but they don't focus on my field as a company. They also focus a lot on sales and developing their sales talent as opposed to their marketing talent.
Fun work place with supportive management, decent amount of amount of red tapy and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2015
a typical day at work is how well you apply your self. If you want to succeed.. How you apply your self is how well the money is made, but that is expected of big company.
Pros
can make a lot of money if apply yourself.
Cons
have to be on the phone consistantly only when break is given, but this is expected of a big company.
Fun environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2015
I loved being to help solve issues with customers bills. I love being able to talk on the phone. I was able to multitask and do more than one thing at a time.
Very customer oriented company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJuly 1, 2015
With AOL you have to learn the packages the company sells in order to provide the customer with the best fit to their needs. AOL only allows the best in customer service to work for them. The standards set are very high by the company as a whole. The overall staff you work with is well trained to do their job to the fullest.
Best Place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 30, 2015
Great boss. Benefit is excellent, lots of campus, Great teamwork. Goal were attainable. Flexible hours. Coworkers are willing to learn new things. There a sports and activities are organized by dept.
Pros
Free lunches, nice cafeteria, great team
Cons
Job security
Productive and fun place
Computer Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 12, 2015
Best place I've ever worked. Great work life balance. Just an amazing culture and place to work. Great co-workers and management.
Great field experience
Director AOL Long Distance Savings Plan (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJune 10, 2015
I was personally the leader of a traveling team which oversaw production, training & compliance. For the AOL Long Distance Savings Plan. The team worked in 2 of the largest inbound contract Call Centers on the campaign. The facilities combined took an average of 60,000 calls per week 24/7 365 days per year. The environment was upbeat and challenging, and I looked forward to working and interacting with agents and mamagement in these Call Centers.
Pros
Non-Stop Action
Cons
High stress level on Agents due to call volume
Easy Work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 3, 2015
I helped AOL open their call center. Was in the first class. The technical aspect of the job was really easy, because having a lot of technical background was more than I needed to perform my duties. They had great medical benefits, and management was very nice to work with.
Productive and fun company to work for
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2015
I loved working for AOL. The company had great benefits and excellent pay. Great bonus incentive and pay rate increases. Excellent management team to work with. Great opportunity for advancement and growth with in the company.
Pros
Excellent

4.2