AOL

AOL Employee Reviews

Though no longer working there, it was great while I was working then.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free gymn in the work place. Sometimes free massages
Cons: Confined work area.
AOL was a good employer. Unfortunately, they no longer operate in the area where I lived. I was a Billing consultant. Because of my extensive customer service, accounting, and administrative experience prior to joining AOL, I was a very effective team member consulting with clients over the phone because they provided an excellent on the job training. I loved earning points as a side bonus for – more... doing our job anyway. They provided a lot of incentives that made work fun. I enjoyed helping customers, even though I was limited to the area where I can move around (being on the headset to take incoming calls.) My co workers were a bunch of young energetic people, they made work fun. But, at the end of the day, I felt good thinking of how many people I was able to change their impression (bad) of AOL and made them happy about their service. :-)) – less
Digital City was the quintessential internet company during the 90s
Associate Interactive Media Developer (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: freedom to be creative, by the beach, hip and young staff, picnic, beach volleyball
It was the highlight of my career. The company moved fast, changed fast and employees were taught to new technologies. Digital City was located to a hip area in Santa Monica.
Marketing (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 19, 2015
The average age at AOL is about 25 years old. They have a long and involved hiring process as well. But, it's very laid back and no one is really watching the clock or your comings and goings.
It was a good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.-SOFTWARE SPECTRUM (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: had great benefits if you was in school
Cons: not able to keep stocks up
I love working for them a nice place to work and grow with the company my work days was very good meet different people on the phone I wish they could have stayed in tampa . And I meet a lot or people who I work with got to be like family
Overall Experience
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Herndon Va.March 9, 2015
Very good management of day to day activities. Poor compensation for workload. Very good with updating technical needs for the department.
Leader in the Intranet Services Business
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dulles, VAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great campuses with cafeterias for employees
Cons: people prefferd inter office messaging, rather than speaking to them in person.
Excellent company mission statement and business model - now owned an operated by Time-Warner company based out of NY, NY. AOL was a great place to work with their people friendly environment, which encouraged innovative suggestions and ideas from all staff members.
We went in a trip together as family.
Team Leader student (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2015
I've learned how to interact with other students and to be proactive. I like all my students and my teammates. I didn't have any hardest part in this organization at all. The most enjoyable all of us were brothers and sisters.
fun
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), tucson azJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with AOL it was a great experience and was sad to see the location here in Tucson close.
AOL Job Review
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Dulles, VADecember 26, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: job growth opportunities
The job at work involved setting up weekly meetings for members of each individual project, discussing the status of each as it would relate to the Project Plan, address any issues and establish a work-around.
OK
Alorica (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 24, 2014
The employees werent the easiest to get along with and the managers werent very understanding but when it came down to actual customer satisfaction it was a main priority, there demands for overtime where very extensive but the pay was decent
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2014
They had a ping pong table outside for employees to use during breaks.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Data center Hardware/Network Tech (Former Employee), Santa ClaraDecember 17, 2014
Pros: fun and enjoyable
Cons: no raise
Loved working as a team with different people. The fun about the work was time went pretty fast. Working as a team is very important and thts what i have learned working there.
productive, agile environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Dulles, VADecember 9, 2014
• Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
• Participated in business requirement walk through, design walk through and analyzed Business requirements.
• Involved in Preparing the SDD (System Design Document) based on PRD (Project Requirement Document), TRD (Technical Requirement Document) and Marketing Analysis team Inputs.
• Created – more... Test plan, Test Design, Test scripts and responsible for implementation of Test.
• Involved in analyzing and writing test plan in accordance with business requirements.
• Formulated methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
• Performed Manual Testing of the application Front-End and Functionality. Identified the critical test scripts to be automated.
• Performed Functional, Data Validation, Integration, System, and regression testing.
• Analyzed and verified Functional Specification documents.
• Reviewed and updated Test Plans, Test Scenarios.
• Created and manually executed the Test Cases.
• Involved in Test cases review meetings and recommended enhancements in UI functions.
• Involved in different types of Black Box testing (Positive, Negative, Compatibility, Usability, Performance) GUI, Regression testing and UAT.
• Produced and submitted problem reports.
• Reported bugs using Quality Center ALM bug tracking tool.
• Examined system behavior and performance using Load Runner 11.5.
• Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases, developed multiple user Scenarios for Load and Performance Testing 508 Testing .
• Created VuGen scripts, used manual and automatic correlation, parameterization techniques in generating the test scripts for LoadRunner 11.5.
• Executed LoadRunner Scenarios using LoadRunner 11.5 to perform performance, Stress and scalability tests.
• Worked with LoadRunner12 Controller for configuring and execution of performance test scenarios with multiple virtual users and virtual user scripts, managed and collected metrics for the various system monitors.
• Used LoadRunner 11.5 to analyze the response times of business transactions under load, developed reports and graphs to present the stress test results to the management.
• Defined Rendezvous point to create peak load on the server and thereby measure the server performance under load.
• Analyzed Throughput graph, Hits per second graph, Transactions per second graph and Rendezvous graph using LoadRunner 11.5 Analysis tool. – less
Top notch sales and customer service training
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2014
Top notch sales and customer service training. Although I didn't love my job at the time I look back on this place and appreciate how much the company invested in the employees. Aol tried to help balance work and family life with very flexible schedule and vacation times. They also provided some of the best customer service and sales training in the Industry. I still you use these techniques almost 10 years later great fundamentals.
fun place to work at. nice people
Linux Associate System Administrator (Former Employee), Dulles, VANovember 20, 2014
fun place to work at. nice people. most important when working there, i got great help in learning new technologies, everyone was a sr or principal sys admin, i was a junior and they have helped me a lot.
Productive and fun place to work
Registration Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2014
Very fast pace hotel, I have an extreme passion for customer service and assisting people. The hardest part of the job is trying to satifiy every single need of guest. The most enjoyable part of this job is putting smiles on faces.
Interesting place to work
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee), Dulles, VANovember 8, 2014
Pros: nice facilities, good benefits. flexible hours.
Cons: too many layoffs every year. mangers only care about numbers not real people
AOL is a interesting place to work. In my organization, people are more technical including managers. We used to have a lot of learning opportunities and fun activities. But it is very hard, close to zero to advance career.
Fun and productive place to work
Interactive Media Developer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAOctober 14, 2014
AOL was a great place to work. It was fun, not stifling and at the same time was a very productive environment. AOL promoted a lot of team work and it showed during the generous team building outings.
Summary for AOL
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free internet service
Cons: the entire office of aol was closed in jacksonville florida
I would like to state that the position at AOL was so different from most jobs, the position at AOL was different each day with lots of variety of job functions with a fun environment that produced high performance.
The team of co-workers were a good group to work with as well as the Managment.
The most enjoyable part of the job however were the Customers and the pleasure you received from being able to help them.
Goals not aligned
TIER 3 TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), Brandon, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: culture of churning over calls
AOL outsourced support to Stream, whose goal was to answer as many calls as possible rather than resolve customer issues. The obvious result of this disparity was poor customer service and dissatisfied customers.

About AOL

Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of – Read more

AOL Salaries