AOL

AOL Employee Reviews

Top notch sales and customer service training
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2014
Top notch sales and customer service training. Although I didn't love my job at the time I look back on this place and appreciate how much the company invested in the employees. Aol tried to help balance work and family life with very flexible schedule and vacation times. They also provided some of the best customer service and sales training in the Industry. I still you use these techniques almost 10 years later great fundamentals.
fun place to work at. nice people
Linux Associate System Administrator (Former Employee), Dulles, VANovember 20, 2014
fun place to work at. nice people. most important when working there, i got great help in learning new technologies, everyone was a sr or principal sys admin, i was a junior and they have helped me a lot.
Productive and fun place to work
Registration Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2014
Very fast pace hotel, I have an extreme passion for customer service and assisting people. The hardest part of the job is trying to satifiy every single need of guest. The most enjoyable part of this job is putting smiles on faces.
Interesting place to work
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee), Dulles, VANovember 8, 2014
Pros: nice facilities, good benefits. flexible hours.
Cons: too many layoffs every year. mangers only care about numbers not real people
AOL is a interesting place to work. In my organization, people are more technical including managers. We used to have a lot of learning opportunities and fun activities. But it is very hard, close to zero to advance career.
Fun and productive place to work
Interactive Media Developer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAOctober 14, 2014
AOL was a great place to work. It was fun, not stifling and at the same time was a very productive environment. AOL promoted a lot of team work and it showed during the generous team building outings.
Summary for AOL
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free internet service
Cons: the entire office of aol was closed in jacksonville florida
I would like to state that the position at AOL was so different from most jobs, the position at AOL was different each day with lots of variety of job functions with a fun environment that produced high performance.
The team of co-workers were a good group to work with as well as the Managment.
The most enjoyable part of the job however were the Customers and the pleasure you received from being able to help them.
Goals not aligned
TIER 3 TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), Brandon, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: culture of churning over calls
AOL outsourced support to Stream, whose goal was to answer as many calls as possible rather than resolve customer issues. The obvious result of this disparity was poor customer service and dissatisfied customers.
horrible place to work
Billing/Customer Service/Sales and Collections (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: everything
No job security, they lied to customers and departments close down every week.
fun place to work....concentrated areas for relaxation during breaks
Renewal Payment and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: daily celebration of work excellence
Cons: shutting the location down
This was one of the best places I have ever worked. It had the relaxing atmosphere of a lot of tech companies. The flexibility of the schedule and the opportunity for overtime and advancement was great. I was returning back to school during that time and went part-time for half the year and because of the overtime opportunity and bonus structure, I did not suffer financially.The facility was built to accomodate a balance to the work life.
AOL
High Speed Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: management, education, positive environment
Cons: closed center
I loved working at AOL. I had excellent management, and although the calls were difficult at times, the managers provided support and suggestions for issues. There was a real sense of family, even with a large company. Unfortunately the call center closed, but I took what I learned from my position there, and applied those things to my other jobs, as well as every day life.
Ok pay but a lot of stipulations to make bonus.
Consumer Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma CitySeptember 15, 2014
Pay was lower than other positions in the call center. Had to worry about managment having it out for you.
Rebirth of a Startup
Software Engineer in Test (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: catered lunch once a week, massage chairs, xbox/wii, pool table, ping pong, fully stocked pantries (drinks and snacks)
AOL is leaving competition in the dust by adopting brand new technologies, setting reasonable and ambitious goals and putting the employees first. Every AOL office has its own personality, but one thing is for certain, they're in the business of hiring the best to be the best. With its start-up-like environment and generous benefits, it truly is a great place to work.
fun place to work for with alot of spiffs and bonuses
CUSTOMER SERVICE RETENTION REP (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: bonus and insentives per day was nice to have
Cons: we were offered the 401k plan health benefits and vacation pay also holiday pay
I would answer calls from customers who wanted to cancel their acct I would tell them about the great benefits that the had on their plan and would offer tem 2 free months of free service to review their plan to see if they wanted to stay with AOL or not I would then ask them if I resolved all of their issues and end the call.
great place to work
Trade (Events) Marketing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
everyone works really hard. there is lots of encouragement to innovate and try new things.
Loved that place
Retention Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson AZAugust 6, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: nothing
Great Money and fun place! I'm not sure if they are open anymore, it was a good job and paid well.
Good place to gain new skills
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2014
I like working in this company a lot. A lot of positive people that make job enjoyable every day.
Outstanding place to work
Coach / Trainer / Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2014
Definitely had the best time working for AOL. Would love the their culture to return.
Help customers with their computer needs
Customer Care Consultant-Tech Support Division (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime, yearly parties for familes
Cons: closed call center
I worked as Tech Support on the phones. I assisted customers in repairing their software to be able to utilize the internet. I enjoyed helping the customers very much and gave excellent customer service each and every call.
Customer Service Power House
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2014
Great work environment
Handled a 200 plus calls per day
Co workers were great
Intense
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 11, 2014
50-70 phone calls a day, very upset customer. Stay calm, stay focused

About AOL

Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of – Read more

AOL Salaries