AOL Employee Reviews

Marketing (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 19, 2015
The average age at AOL is about 25 years old. They have a long and involved hiring process as well. But, it's very laid back and no one is really watching the clock or your comings and goings.
It was a good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.-SOFTWARE SPECTRUM (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2015
I love working for them a nice place to work and grow with the company my work days was very good meet different people on the phone I wish they could have stayed in tampa . And I meet a lot or people who I work with got to be like family
Pros
had great benefits if you was in school
Cons
not able to keep stocks up
Overall Experience
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon Va.March 9, 2015
Very good management of day to day activities. Poor compensation for workload. Very good with updating technical needs for the department.
Leader in the Intranet Services Business
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 15, 2015
Excellent company mission statement and business model - now owned an operated by Time-Warner company based out of NY, NY. AOL was a great place to work with their people friendly environment, which encouraged innovative suggestions and ideas from all staff members.
Pros
great campuses with cafeterias for employees
Cons
people prefferd inter office messaging, rather than speaking to them in person.
We went in a trip together as family.
Team Leader student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2015
I've learned how to interact with other students and to be proactive. I like all my students and my teammates. I didn't have any hardest part in this organization at all. The most enjoyable all of us were brothers and sisters.
fun
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  tucson azJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with AOL it was a great experience and was sad to see the location here in Tucson close.
AOL Job Review
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VADecember 26, 2014
The job at work involved setting up weekly meetings for members of each individual project, discussing the status of each as it would relate to the Project Plan, address any issues and establish a work-around.
Pros
good culture
Cons
job growth opportunities
OK
Alorica (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 24, 2014
The employees werent the easiest to get along with and the managers werent very understanding but when it came down to actual customer satisfaction it was a main priority, there demands for overtime where very extensive but the pay was decent
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 23, 2014
They had a ping pong table outside for employees to use during breaks.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Data center Hardware/Network Tech (Former Employee) –  Santa ClaraDecember 17, 2014
Loved working as a team with different people. The fun about the work was time went pretty fast. Working as a team is very important and thts what i have learned working there.
Pros
fun and enjoyable
Cons
no raise
productive, agile environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VADecember 9, 2014
• Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
• Participated in business requirement walk through, design walk through and analyzed Business requirements.
• Involved in Preparing the SDD (System Design Document) based on PRD (Project Requirement Document), TRD (Technical Requirement Document) and Marketing Analysis team Inputs.
• Created Test plan, Test Design, Test scripts and responsible for implementation of Test.
• Involved in analyzing and writing test plan in accordance with business requirements.
• Formulated methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
• Performed Manual Testing of the application Front-End and Functionality. Identified the critical test scripts to be automated.
• Performed Functional, Data Validation, Integration, System, and regression testing.
• Analyzed and verified Functional Specification documents.
• Reviewed and updated Test Plans, Test Scenarios.
• Created and manually executed the Test Cases.
• Involved in Test cases review meetings and recommended enhancements in UI functions.
• Involved in different types of Black Box testing (Positive, Negative, Compatibility, Usability, Performance) GUI, Regression testing and UAT.
• Produced and submitted problem reports.
• Reported bugs using Quality Center ALM bug tracking tool.
• Examined system behavior and performance using Load Runner 11.5.
• Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases, developed multiple user Scenarios for Load and Performance Testing 508 Testing .
• Created VuGen scripts, used manual and automatic correlation,
  more... parameterization techniques in generating the test scripts for LoadRunner 11.5.
• Executed LoadRunner Scenarios using LoadRunner 11.5 to perform performance, Stress and scalability tests.
• Worked with LoadRunner12 Controller for configuring and execution of performance test scenarios with multiple virtual users and virtual user scripts, managed and collected metrics for the various system monitors.
• Used LoadRunner 11.5 to analyze the response times of business transactions under load, developed reports and graphs to present the stress test results to the management.
• Defined Rendezvous point to create peak load on the server and thereby measure the server performance under load.
• Analyzed Throughput graph, Hits per second graph, Transactions per second graph and Rendezvous graph using LoadRunner 11.5 Analysis tool.
Top notch sales and customer service training
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2014
Top notch sales and customer service training. Although I didn't love my job at the time I look back on this place and appreciate how much the company invested in the employees. Aol tried to help balance work and family life with very flexible schedule and vacation times. They also provided some of the best customer service and sales training in the Industry. I still you use these techniques almost 10 years later great fundamentals.
fun place to work at. nice people
Linux Associate System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 20, 2014
fun place to work at. nice people. most important when working there, i got great help in learning new technologies, everyone was a sr or principal sys admin, i was a junior and they have helped me a lot.
Interesting place to work
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 8, 2014
AOL is a interesting place to work. In my organization, people are more technical including managers. We used to have a lot of learning opportunities and fun activities. But it is very hard, close to zero to advance career.
Pros
nice facilities, good benefits. flexible hours.
Cons
too many layoffs every year. mangers only care about numbers not real people
Fun and productive place to work
Interactive Media Developer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 14, 2014
AOL was a great place to work. It was fun, not stifling and at the same time was a very productive environment. AOL promoted a lot of team work and it showed during the generous team building outings.
Summary for AOL
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
I would like to state that the position at AOL was so different from most jobs, the position at AOL was different each day with lots of variety of job functions with a fun environment that produced high performance.
The team of co-workers were a good group to work with as well as the Managment.
The most enjoyable part of the job however were the Customers and the pleasure you received from being able to help them.
Pros
free internet service
Cons
the entire office of aol was closed in jacksonville florida
Goals not aligned
TIER 3 TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 3, 2014
AOL outsourced support to Stream, whose goal was to answer as many calls as possible rather than resolve customer issues. The obvious result of this disparity was poor customer service and dissatisfied customers.
Pros
free soda
Cons
culture of churning over calls
horrible place to work
Billing/Customer Service/Sales and Collections (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2014
No job security, they lied to customers and departments close down every week.
Cons
everything
fun place to work....concentrated areas for relaxation during breaks
Renewal Payment and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
This was one of the best places I have ever worked. It had the relaxing atmosphere of a lot of tech companies. The flexibility of the schedule and the opportunity for overtime and advancement was great. I was returning back to school during that time and went part-time for half the year and because of the overtime opportunity and bonus structure, I did not suffer financially.The facility was built to accomodate a balance to the work life.
Pros
daily celebration of work excellence
Cons
shutting the location down
AOL
High Speed Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2014
I loved working at AOL. I had excellent management, and although the calls were difficult at times, the managers provided support and suggestions for issues. There was a real sense of family, even with a large company. Unfortunately the call center closed, but I took what I learned from my position there, and applied those things to my other jobs, as well as every day life.
Pros
management, education, positive environment
Cons
closed center