AOL

AOL Employer Reviews

Great company
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles VaOctober 10, 2013
Great place to work. AOL supports home life as much as work life.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fun, relaxed
Cons: sent our jobs to india
INBOUND CALL CENTER PROVDING CUSTOMER SERVICE TO AOL MEMBERS. BECAME EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH.
Fun work place
Customer Care Consultant -Senior Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlOctober 5, 2013
Pros: always gave out awards for best stats
Cons: na
AOL was a Great place to work until they went out of business in 2006. The management was always so eager to help associate achieve their goals for the month by getting on the phones helping when the call volume was high.
Dynamic and Exciting Work Environment
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
AOL offered abundant opportunities via ever-changing roles and internal organizational structures that allowed for greater learning and diversified skillsets
Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2013
This was a wonderful company to work for. I handled technical support calls, service calls, account set up, payments, and at one point I was a team lead.
fast and fun place to work
SR. Customer Service Consultant/Sales/Retention (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: fun
I enjoyed my role at my job and being able to help solve customer problems. I felt a since of well being after helping a customer take care of a problem.
Fun and Productive
Customer Billing Specialist, , Customer Retention (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: gym, cafeteria, and games
Cons: they moved out of country
Assisted AOL customers with understanding their internet service and a complete breakdown of understanding their bill. AOL I continued learning how to build external and internal business relationships. The hardest part of the job was understanding the importance of how things were done when someone had to be let go.
Overall Great
Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Metro-WestSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: gas money, corporate card for business, self management
Cons: a lot of admin work
My experience working for Patch, AOL was great! Management and staff were extremely helpful and I felt everyone hired deserved to be there.

The culture was a work hard play hard mentality. Very fun, energetic, and at the end of the day if team mates were around after work, activities were well deserved.
Best Job I've ever had.
Studio Manager (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: free lunches
I learned all aspects of production from stage to control room and had the most supportive managers and coworkers. I showed up early and stayed late every day just because I wanted to be there.
Fun company to grow with
Support Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2013
In the final days working Workforce Management (WFM), during my temporary assignment, I was tasked with rebuilding their shift bid web app which was static in that collected input from employees for WFM to sort through later. During that time I built the dynamic Online Shift Bid Tool along with Permanent Shift Trade Tool and Slot Bid Tool. I grew in – more... my knowledge of php and html beyond hobby requirements. Then later I was reassigned permanently to WFM as a WFM Agent being responsible for employee's time management and exceptions away from phones. Hardest part was taking what I had on XLS file regarding scheduling and putting it to php with desired effect needed. Most enjoyable part was building in and learning of php beyond that of just a weekend coder. – less
Flexible Schedule, Great Team
Editor (Current Employee), HomeSeptember 4, 2013
AOL is a great company to work for, with great people and flexible hours.
stable, reliable, compensating, rewarding
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoAugust 29, 2013
Pros: freedom, incentives, galas, appreciation
I loved my job at AOL. I would answer incoming calls and sell internet service to customers. I would also assist customers with installation directions.

I learned much of my computer skills while I was working at AOL. Co-workers were amazing and productive.

Management at AOL was always on top of their game and created incentive and made the work environment – more... exciting.

The best part of working at AOL was the schedule and people I worked with as well as the population served.

I wish AOL jobs were not out sourced as I would probably have still been employed there. – less
Building the plane while flying it.
National Director of Advertising Sales Operations (Former Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: smart people, meaningful work
Cons: long hours and extensive travel
By far the best place I ever worked. Fast-paced, lots of feedback, great fun. Amazing mentors.
Very enjoyable, more than I thought it would be
Customer Retention and Technical Support (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2013
Pros: pizza parties, donuts, and atmosphere
Cons: it was loud on the floor and a few people shouldn't have been there.
I enjoyed working there and made great money in sales retention.
Spent all day on the phones, helping people learn how to use the internet.
Learned a lot about Microsoft windows and computers, enough to help do technical support.
Management overall did a good job, until AOL went to a canned script instead of letting sales people use their own skills.
Hardest – more... part was adapting to the script, when what I used in my experience worked better and was more successful.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction received in helping new users to computers learn how to use them, maintain them, and find fun on the internet. – less
Great Place to Work
Network & Systems Integrator (Former Employee), Sterling, VAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches!
Cons: management communication problems
The environment is great but in the end there isn't much room for advancement.

I've learned a lot while I was there, essentially refining my skill sets while being in this environment.

Co-workers are GREAT except management has a bit of an issue properly communicating.
Great environment and benefits
Manager, Digital Media & Talent Relations (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 6, 2013
Cons: no time for lunch
Fun place to work.
Great incentives.
Fantastic raises and great benefits
Great company
Technical Support/ Retention Sells/Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: excellent position and atmosphere
Cons: downsized
Excellent benefits and environment. The company was downsizing and I had to find another position
Fun young place to work
Operations Analyst, Entertainment Portfolio (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2013
Great work life balance but no clear direction from management
ok - just ok
Software engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2013
The was ok - very dynamic and the direction changes quite a bit. Hard to make progress.
very active with customers
Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work would be dealing with customers handling billing . I learn that having a good attitude and being patient is the key. management was ok they were there if you needed them. my co workers were happy had great energy. The hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy every customer. the most enjoying part was helping the customer – more... and making them happy – less

About AOL

Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of – Read more