AOL Employee Reviews

Productive, relaxed environment with a lot of room to grow
Admin Assistant/Account Management Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2016
I loved my internship.at AOL. I learned a lot of new skills that can be used to work any where. I can not say enough nice things about the people.
Building Brands People Love
Product Support Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2016
I loved my experience interning with AOL. It was an amazing year that taught me a lot. I enjoyed the work I got to engage in as well as all of the fun corporate events that took place. AOL is surprisingly a wonderful media company, and it is filled with talented people. I plan on applying once I have my degree.
Pros
Cool Office Space, Celebrities Visit Evey week, Fun Corporate Events
Cons
N/a
Fun atmosphere even with difficult customers
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Jct, COAugust 4, 2016
Taking inbound technical support calls from customers with setup or connectivity issues. Some customers were beyond upset and frustrated, being able to calm them down and walk them through the steps to connect was the best part of the phone call
not much direction
Content Producer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMay 13, 2016
I worked at AOL when the company seemed to have no idea what direction it wanted to go in. The transition was painful for everyone.
Pros
Good office setup, good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of direction
Fun and great company
NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 10, 2016
Fun great company to work for that compensates accordingly. Working overnights the managers provide a fun environment and compensate for overnight workers properly by providing great feedback, and being able to move up to better shifts.
Formerly successful but struggling company
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMay 9, 2016
During company's spectacular rise, which brought the internet into homes for the first time, the work was exciting and historic. Intense competition and a poor fit of corporate cultures in a merger with Time Warner led to the company's loss of its premier position on the internet and consequent shedding of payroll and shrinkage of corporate campus. Huffington Post, however, is a successful acquisition. Company struggles to find its way with a mix of web properties and online advertising businesses.
Fun Place to Work
Social Media (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2016
Great work culture. Good work/life balance. Days can be long but never overwhelming. Very fast paced. Everyday is happy hour.
Pros
free food and beer, flexible schedules, great perks
Cons
not enough interpersonal relationships with management
Productive and fun place to work at!
Associate Product Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAMay 4, 2016
AOL Inc. inspires creativity, innovation, productivity and many more great things that make up a successful company. At AOL Inc. your boss isn't just your manager, but your mentor, and a leader too. The people you work around are all friendly, and willing to help whenever you may possibly need it, and they're all hardworking and inspirational!
Bad
Android Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 13, 2016
Politics, bad management, not so good pay.
Layoffs all the time. Work environment is not really great.
No chance to advance your career.
Not enough challenging projects.
Great past tense customer service environment
Senior Customer Service Consultant and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2016
This customer service facility and organization were fantastic. It is too bad not too long after moving to a brand new building location that these jobs were moved overseas.
Pros
So many employees with great experience to offer advice.
Cons
Time limits on tech calls prohibited fixing some problems on the first contact.

Want to know more about AOL?

Ask a question
Fun and laid back work environment where you won't be challenged
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2016
AOL is a great place to work if you love cliques and gossiping amongst teams. If you don't fit in with your coworkers be prepared to be casted as an outsider.

There is not a ton of work to be done and AOL employs many "interesting" tactics to collect revenue that aren't going to last too long.

The culture is fun and the median age is very young so people are always willing to go to happy hours or have parties.

If you are looking to work in a cool office and meet fun/young people then this is the place for you. If you are looking to make a difference to society and advance your skills, rather than seeing how many ads can be placed on a webpage, then avoid working at AOL.
Pros
Office location, flexible hours, free drinks, office events
Cons
Job security, senior management, lack of productivity
Very organized infrastructure, and fast-paced.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 20, 2016
Very fun company to work for. They really recognized the sales professionals that were meeting or exceeding company expectations. They had contests as a way to motivate their workforce. My colleagues were amazing, and fun to work with.
I work with amazing people!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 16, 2016
I couldn't ask for a better work experience. The people, company culture and perks are great. Right now there's lots of change with the Verizon acquisition...for the most part good things are happening.
Pros
Free soda, gym/exercise classes, career development, great people
Best work environment of my career...
National Senior Editor, AOL CityGuide (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 30, 2016
I met the most creative, intelligent people while at AOL 1999-2007. Many have become lifelong friends and colleagues. I cannot speak for what's left of the company now, but it was a dream job while it lasted.
Wonerful job
Administrative Assistant/Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAJanuary 28, 2016
This job I really enjoyed. I had flexible hours and the work was fairly simple. I enjoyed the environment and the people were so friendly.
Excellent Experience
Director Content Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Opportunities are always around the corner. S simple job that I produced and directed for this company landed my work in the OSCARS in 2014. Great environment, which encourages you to be creative in new trends.
Confused and competitive culture
Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
AOL is unlike any place I've ever worked, but like every company I've read about in corporate stereotypes. It is a corporate conglomerate that is too large for its own good, with confusion about roles and responsibilities, where everything is urgent, but nothing makes any impact. Employees at AOL are rude and competitive with one another, and try to look busy to maintain their job without coordinating or working as a team. AOL is all about words, but with no action to back them up. Its a mess. Just don't.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Rude employees, confusion, no clear work roles
Productive work place and fun as well
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 6, 2016
It was a of learning and meetings that the interns had. In my department I would sit in on some meetings and then do my part for the project that we had. It was a fun place to work in. I would do all over again. They had ping pong tables, Foosball tables, massage chairs, gym, soccer field, basketball court, etc that you could enjoy when on break. Also the Soda, you were allowed to have unlimited free soda.
Pros
Free Soda
Good editors
TRAVEL/FOOD/CONCERT REVIEW & FEATURES (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteDecember 22, 2015
The editors were clear in their expectations. I left when they were taken over by the Huffington Post.

I was a writer reporting in the online magazine Philadelphia City Best. I pitched and wrote reviews and features.
Postive work enviornment
Senior Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2015
The company allowed for growth opportunity and it also valued it's customers, business partners and employees. Hard work and dedication was rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AOL. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval