Aon-Hewitt Employee Reviews in United States

Good compensation, poor management support and IT
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 18, 2016
I enjoy helping people so that aspect of the job is gratifying. The tools provided are poor and we have frequent computer issues. It is hard to arrange time off, and management changes goals constantly. Management seems more concerned with justifying their positions then improving our tools and work experience.
Pros
Pay and co-workers
Cons
Poor IT, unfocused management and lack of time to do all that is required.
You learn a lot about HR Benefit's in a fast pace so called call center environment. It's more than a call center, it's a Sweat Shop.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2012
You take benefit phone calls for varies Fortune 500 companies in a fast pace environment. You have to be very analytical and open and do research on the phone calls. You will not get a pay raise for meeting your job goals at the end of the year. Because they feel that they do not have to give you a raise for meeting your job goals. If you are an exceeds you can expect less than a 1 percent raise. There is very little opportunity for advancement. It is a verbally abusive work environment. And the benefits are very expensive. You constantly have to look over your shoulder's, a very uncomfortable work environment. You feel just like cattle going to the slaughter house on a daily basis.The Fire department is there on a daily basis due to the stress level there. And the turn over is very high there.
Pros
monday thru friday work week, weekends off and off major holidays.
Cons
very strict attendance policy where you are forced to file for fmla after being employed for 1yr.
Large well known company. Enjoy the people i work with on my team.
Client Specialist-Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 10, 2013
A typical day is producing daily inventory reports for my team on excel then emailing to our team and manager. Next, checking any emails that may have come in from a client or brokers, answer inquires, respond to emails with information they may need and send out whatever further documentation they may require. Read and enter policies into one of our insurance systems. Produce and distribute insurance certificates and auto id car for our clients. Invoice all policies at renewals. From start to finish complete the renewal process for each client. I have learned the importance of team communication and each person having a equivalent amount of responsibilities to make the team as a whole successful.
Pros
people i work with, insurance benefits. 401k company match
Cons
hours, location, compensation
Stable Company with great work environment
Pension Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 11, 2014
Various task and duties, leaned a lot regarding DB,DC and H&W Benefits

Great management staff

Great coworkers, Internal and External Customers
Pros
retirment benefits, job satisfaction
good work enivronment
Human Resource, CSA-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2015
This is a very easy job. You just need to gather all documents and once you have completed the process it will be determined if that person qualifyes for health insurance or not. The only thing about this place is that the quality assurance makes people don't want to be there. No matter what you do there is always something negative in the feed back.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
back ache from being on that seat 12 hours per day
Productive work place with stress relieving activities onsite
Call Center Consulting Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Good place to work but there is a lot of down time. The only issue is that your hours could change from week to week, which doesn't give you a lot of plan making time.
Productive and Task-Oriented
Benefits Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2013
Job description includes completing manual calculations and matching forms, benefits and service data to company-implemented pension system
Salaried employess will be abused with the amount of hours and work expected
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando,flSeptember 20, 2012
Work Life balance is horrible. Very monotonous work. Few opportunities for vertical advancement or transfer into other roles.

Very competitive enviornment, with plenty of co-workers that will cut your throat to advance themselves.
Aon hewitt
Benefits Operations Administrator (BOA) (Former Employee) –  3350 Riverwood Pkwy; Atlanta, GA 30339October 1, 2014
Professional Workplace. Climate is conducive to creating an atmosphere where the associates are developed to provide a superior level of customer service both internally and externally. Associates are provided the tools to successfully complete all assignments. Fast paced company where accuracy and the ability to articulate well both orally and verbally are required. Management was thorough and provided each associate with the tools, training and materials to succeed. Our work was continuously audited for accuracy which enabled us to learn and perfect. Co-workers understood there was no "I" in team. If one failed all failed. I one succeeded all succeeded. I learned the value of being an analytical thinker and the importance of research. Contract ending was the hardest part of the job though it was expected.
Pros
highly compensated
Cons
contract assignment
Benefits Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 13, 2015
Good Work Place. Co-workers are like extended ad family. Management is not structured well and work is not balanced between work teams.
My Job
Policy Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  ILJanuary 29, 2015
My work is challenging, interesting and fulfilling, I absolutely love what i do. I'm a quick learner, optimistic and hardworking. My greates strength is the hard work i do to give best effort to achieve positive results, I see challenging situations not as a problem, but rather as on opportunity to learn something new. This keeps me focused and motivated to stick to the tas mo matter how difficult, and get it done. An i feel a great sense of accomplishment when this happens.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2013
When I started I did not know anything about healthcare administration. By the time I left I was trained in every portion of the daily requirements and done them proficiently
Pros
plenty room for advancement
Innovative and strategic
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 31, 2013
Excellent company with strong leadership. Fluid and adaptable. Room for advancement.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
na
some talented teams
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMarch 29, 2013
Certain areas can be enjoyable. atmosphere can vary pending what umbrella you work under.

in some areas management needs to be mentored
productive and a good experience
Benefits Operation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 3, 2013
A great company where I felt wanted as an intern and had responsibilities that provided good hands on experience with real world applications.
A typical day included fixing private accounts for different clients and making sure there data was in the correct file.
Sweat Shop
Set Up Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2013
They prefer fresh out of college and workload is not shared. This is a heads down under the gun at all times position. If you advance the pay is great but because it is all properitary software little to no skills can be taken with you. You become stuck.
great place to gain service skills
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  charlotte ncSeptember 23, 2014
Good place to work short lunches and definietly need to keep your self motivated to stay up beat when speaking to customers during the day
Large company
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2014
large company that provides a multitude of services. Structured environment
Good Work enviroment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2012
Good Work enviroment, alot of growth potential. Constant working and great co-workers. Hardest part of the job is no flexibility as case managers.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short lunch, breaks
Peaceful enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Woodland, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Work with excellent co workers, training process was very detailed.
Pros
temp postion
Cons
great work enviroment