Aon Employee Reviews

Found 1,099 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2016
It is not easy to move up in company, there could be a better process and more assistance from managers on improving development for success.
Good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
I worked at Aon at time in my life when I needed to start over and they took a chance with me. I had an excellent manager and I throughly enjoyed our work relationship. Unfortunately the pay wasn't so great but it did have many other perks for me to stay for a bit.
Pros
Great diversity
Cons
Low paying
Professional
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2016
I learned a lot about the corporate world and how to navigate through it. The environment I very professional, and everyone plays an important role.
AON Hewitt
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Aon offers flexible hours and let you take classes online from the company university. Company Management styles various depending on the departments.
Pros
401k, timeoff
Cons
healthcare
On Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 13, 2016
Working at AON has exposed to me to so much, this job was able to provide a chance for change and growth within the company. They provide wonderful incentives to the staff to help encourage great work and a positive mindset while working.
Fun and Productive work place with its own star buks and cafateria!
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Great company to work for, great job security, full of advancement opportunities, and overall a great company. The most enjoyable for me was coming in work going into the cafeteria to get my famous bowl of cheese eggs before starting my day. Like any job you have your ups and downs in a company and Hewitt/Aon is no different. There were times it was super busy with employees calling in to update and or change there benefits and there were days it was calm and easy. I would recommend this as a great company to work for.
Pros
Awesome lunches with star bucks in the bulilding
Cons
call volume can be high and supervisors having to sit with you at times to listen in on your calls.
Great place to grow and learn.
Imaging Operational Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I worked at Aon for 8 years, and it was a great place to grow and learn. The management is wonderful and you have weekly or bi-weekly one on ones with your manager to measure personal and team goals.
Great palce to work with many advancement opportunities
HR Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 7, 2016
You will be sitting by a computer all day but the work is reqarding and full-filling. The people are great and the management care about your improvement.
Assisting clients' employees.
Benefits Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job at Aon was to be able to assist the clients' employees with their benefits questions and help with payroll and health care enrollment.
Pros
Close team network.
Cons
Short breaks and high turn over.
Productive workplace with free food
Senior CSR/Processing Assistant/DB Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 24, 2016
Processing, calculating, and addressing benefit questions and concerns. Learned to query and benefit life cycle. Enjoyed working with management and co-workers. Hardest part was leaving the company however, enjoyed working and advancing with the company
Pros
Free meals, company events
Cons
laid off
Relax workplace
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2016
Overall good company. The work environment is fun. Day in and out I'm sitting at my desk taking calls. Not hard work. Family environment and benefits are great. There is no hard part of the actual job. the most enjoyable part is the people. I learned all about savings and retirement, processing distributions and lump sum payments, learned about stock and funds, learned about benefits and medicare. Handled annual enrollment.
A great place to begin a career.
HR Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
A cool company to work for. I do like the exposure of human resources that I get since this is where I want to build my career around.
A lot of knowledge can be gained but the experience will depend on who you work with and for.
Payroll Analyst - Advanced (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 23, 2016
Was on a team whose goal was to process successful payroll runs. Daily activity included input of employee pay data, verification of data and projects. Processing daily request to research issues on paychecks dealing with pay, benefits and taxes to find resolution for individuals or groups of employees as well as researching system issues to find root cause and resolution. As new clients start coming onboard individuals will be moved from team to team as needed. Teams are ran lean so work life balance can be difficult. Working experience with management all depends on who the manager is. Some are the best to work with while with others you have to watch you back. There are many good ones as well as not so good. I miss the work I did and the people I worked with but do not miss the company.
Pros
Opportunity to learn.
Cons
Politics, favorites, client welfare before employee welfare.
Great employer
On-Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 23, 2016
Aon was a wonderful place to work. It offered great benefits, and pay. Management is always there to assist with any questions or difficult calls.
Pros
great benefits, and pay
Flexible and Caring Work Place
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 22, 2016
If you like to stay home and do not like to drive, then AON Hewitt (HRO) is right place for you to work. Everything you do is 100% virtual, and you work with a lot of colleagues all over the word, especially from India. It is a Client base job, so there could be escalations or urgent requests to respond in timely manner. But over all, AON in general takes care of colleagues and provides the best possible work environment as it can.
Pros
Virtual, Flexible Hours
Cons
A lot of Indian Colleagues, not that many interaction
Work Life
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
Working at Aon was a great opportunity. The people were awesome and the schedule was even better, not many call centers give you the weekend off. The wage was competitive too.
It was mixed.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
Learned a lot while at Aon. Unfortunately very hostile culture although most of the people are great people. Unsure if I would ever return to work there. Also Pay contractors coming more then people who have been there for years.
Call center!!! Beware of the orientation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 20, 2016
Aon offers weekends and holidays off but if your a CSR your will have to maintain a high "adherence" to your phone schedule, every minute your away from your desk that is not your 1 prescheduled 15 minute break or 45 minute lunch will count against you if you want to move up and for bonuses. The customers can be pretty upset and tend to take out their payroll and insurance frustrations out on you on the phone. Great if you like/want to work in a call center. In the interview orientation they make it out to be a bit more, kind of a let down....
Pros
Great Coworkers, Employee appreciation week, Cafeteria
Cons
Phone schedule, angry/upset customers, late shift parking
No Comment
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2016
No comment on the job, easy advancement, pay isn't the greatest but commission will help. Not the best if you ever want to see your children because with the schedule's you will rarely be home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work is taking calls and making sure the customers are satisfied and that you are giving the correct information. The management is great and my coworkers are awesome. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers.