Aon
1,160 reviews

Aon Employee Reviews

Overworked and Underpaid
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2015
This job is okay because they allow some flexibility with work schedule and you have the ability to occasionally work from home. Other than that, the pay is below industry average and you are constantly overworked.
lot of extra activities.
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCJune 1, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: disorganization
Lot of eating and incentives. Worked long hours and even on the weekends, but i had some of the best teams of people i've ever worked with. We became like family.
Fun call center environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2015
Fast paced call center environment with a lot of different job responsibilities. I learned how to structure a call to flow in a reasonable manor for a wonderful customer experience.
Aon was a good place to work.
Clerical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMay 27, 2015
A typical day at Aon is faxing insurance claims to insurance companies. The co-workers were very nice to with as a team. The hardest part of the job was New Years Eve when we had to work until midnight to get everything faxed by the December 31st deadline.
The most enjoyable par of the job was helping to get seniors signed up with medicare.
Awesome organization to work for
Customer Service Team Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Understanding and great comunications from management
Cons: Expensive benefis
Great work environment, Great opportunities for advancement. Awesome engagement within your locations. A typical day at work demands time management and focus.
Not organized
Customer Service/HR BPO (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: too far to drive to Charlotte
I love the people that I worked with and a typical day was answering phones about healthcare benefits for retirees, termed or active Bank of America employees. I learned a lot about healthcare benefits and how they are applied. Some of the management team were awesome to work with but some were not and they made the job hard. The most enjoyable part was hearing the customer say thank you.
Great location and work environment, good salary, poor job security.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good salary, economical parking, great lunchrooms.
Cons: No job security as most people are given temporary contracts.
Come in, log on and wait for the web-chat calls to come in.

I learned about health and life insurance. Also learned about web-chat assistance

Management was sometimes hard to get to.

Great co-workers, always willing to help.

The hardest part was handling 2 separate web-chat calls at the same time.Training was very basic, you learned on the go and were expected to study during downtime.

Most enjoyable was the location and work environment, the areas were always clean and co-workers were courteous.
Case Management / Trainer
Leave of Absence Specialist / T-Mobile Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 18, 2015
Claim management and training new CSR to the client to ensure representatives provide great quality and awesome customer service.
Learned a unique set of skills, and information that will be helpful for life
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION & CONSULTING (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILMay 14, 2015
Pros: Family-like coworkers, Benefits, Starbucks, job security in a Fortune 500 Co.
Cons: Rigid fixed schedule, difficult customers at times, commute.
I worked in a call center, providing service to employees of several different clients with their employee benefits.

- I learned the "ins an outs" of Health and Welfare benefits including, health insurance, life insurance, disability, spending/reimbursement accounts, etc.

- I learned many facets of a 401k: before/after tax contributions, investment elections, rollovers, loans, and more

- I learned various forms of pension plans including Cash Balance and Final Average Pay.

- I also learned the skill of providing confidence-building and reassurance to my callers, and providing empathy whenever possible.

- Most of all, I appreciated the coworkers with whom I worked. Having a Starbucks and cafeteria onsite were also perks.

-The job could be quite stressful at times when calls are coming through back-to-back.
Best Job Ever!
Corporate Mail Services-Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
For the 7 years I worked for this company i enjoyed coming to work. The co workers and management were excellent. On a daily basis I would review work orders from 17 different companies. I would proceed by distributing the orders to my machine operators and drivers. Over all, I enjoyed this job.
CS Representative I (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 13, 2015
So far I enjoy working for Aon. I enjoy Answer incoming calls in a prompt professional manner while meeting performance standards (average availability, talk time and call volume). Assist with questions pertaining to Payroll, Workforce Administration, and Timekeeping Tool. Set up call backs with associate's in regards to any of the listed. Put in service requests to have any of the following researched or corrected: Garnishments, Payroll Deductions, Direct Deposit, W-2 Reprints, W-2 Research, Statement of Earning Reprints, Individual Updates, Records, Job Data, Time off Allotments, Personal File Requests, Verification of Employment Requests, etc. Directed incoming calls to the appropriate departments.
Humble environment and promoted healthy activities
Translator and Interpreter (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Aon Hewitt providede amazing dinners for all the employees and made social activities therefore we had the experience of receiving medical services payed by the company to promote healthy lifestyles and promoted happy environments. It was a very nice, cozy and relaxed environment and everyone would help each other so we bonded as a team.
By far one of the worst places to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 7, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch breaks
Cons: Management, outdated computers, consistent jarring in the office
This job was advertised on craigslist and provided a month of non usable training followed by a management staff that was only there to be paid. The only upside to this job was that it was a paying one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch breaks
Awesome company to build your future
Workday HR BPO Payroll Delivery Analyst Advanced (Current Employee), Woodland, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Organized Management
Cons: Compensation not as competitive as other companies
Great place to work, with awesome management, terrific colleagues, however long hours can sometimes present issues with your work life balance.
Very Informative and consistent hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great work experience, Good pay for work required
Cons: Few breaks, inconsistent information
The job was enjoyable for the time I worked. I would log into the computer, check my work e-mails and take calls throughout the day. It took a great deal of comprehension, where many jobs like this I found myself not really having to think much. This one required me to actually process the information and relay it to the customer. I learned so much about data entry, and even improved my customer service skills. Management was pretty clear in what to expect and keeping me in the loop. Hardest part of the job for me was retaining all of the information. I really feel one should pay attention and take notes as often as possible. Most enjoyable part, I mean I got paid every week who could not love that.
Best company to work for and excellent benefits
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome place to work. Great pay and benefits.
Cons: AON sold the warranty department and the company that purchased it was on Colorado.
As a senior customer service representative, I got the escalated calls.
I followed up on complaints. I evaluated warranty application for possible home-warranty claims. I found replacements on appliances comparable to what the customer owned. if there were new employees, I trained them.
No work life balance
Health & Welfare Business Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), newport beachMay 3, 2015
Depending on the team that you are working in. Lots of work that needs to be done and with limited time. Remote managers and working with India on a daily basis only.
Great Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great people for the most part, good beneifts, fun environment
Cons: Low salaries, Almost non existent annual pay increases no matter how well you perform, some people can be clicky
This job was very flexible to either come into the office or work remotely part of the time. There was a good structure and the co-workers are great. There could be an issue with work/life balance as there are times you feel overworked and underpaid. I think paying employees a better salary would make the lack of work/life balance at times more acceptable. There tends to be a lot of politics when it comes to progressing your career. If you are not close with ALL the managers it can be difficult if even just one is blocking you. It seems like they hire people from other workgroups they previously worked and had friends rather than hire within the same workgroup, and that became frustrating. The only way to progress sometimes is to switch areas within a workgroup or switching to an entirely new workgroup altogether. This may just have been the workgroup I was in, but I'm definitely not the only one who felt this way. There was also a great disparity in talent between different managers of the same group. For example, some were great at everything including having knowledge and great people skills, some had one or the other, and some had no business managing anyone. The positive is once you got in the role, apparently it was hard to lose your job. I would have stayed but an opportunity with higher pay presented itself with another company.
Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 28, 2015
It was a good place to work. Management was helpful and provided right guidance. Peers also had a kind-heart and helped newbees to settle down.
Great customer service center
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 28, 2015
I love working here at Aon. I love my personal interactions with the customers that call in. Helping customers make the best decisions on what insurance policies that would best fit for them and their families.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more

Aon Salaries