Aon

Aon Employer Reviews

work hard
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: help the client needs
Cons: the changes and not keeping workers with the company
handling customer service and speak to the clients to help and do the duties that are needed.
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 18, 2014
Team oriented, kind, patient, excellent management team, tech issues and pay concerns
very busy call center environment!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: unlimited access to hot chocolate, tea etc
Cons: it was a call center that is open late into the evening, so some nights we had to atay late to clear the queue
I was a temp here, so I can't say I was able to take full advantage of a lot of things, that was in place for permanent employees
Fun and challenging
Benefits Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILOctober 14, 2014
I liked being able to solve customer problems and felt a sense of accomplishment after being able to help customers resolve their benefit needs
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), WoodlandsOctober 14, 2014
A typical work day consist of Hard Work, fun, and Busy, I learned alot about benefits 401 K pension and etc. My co Workers are friendly and helpful,
Fun and friendly atmosphere.
Benefits Advocate (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: management and employees were always willing to help.
Cons: n/a
My position with Aon Hewitt was very exciting and challenging. While working for Aon Hewitt I was able to obtain new skills, knowledge, and experience. I enjoyed working well with my team members to accomplish company goals.
Dead End Job
Ins. Oper. Specialist (Current Employee), Hatboro, PAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: health fairs & company picnics that is all
Cons: underpaid, short staffed, overworked, very low morale, poor management, no recognition or appreciation
The motto here is: Get as much as we can with as few staff as possible.

Just about everyone here is super over-worked and extremely under-paid. I personally along with many many others do not even get paid market value of what this job would pay elsewhere.

I also do jobs that are well above my job description and are not compensated for doing so nor – more... is it appreciated by management or this company on a whole. Just a way to cut your employees short. – less
Team work and comoradre is exceptional
Client Analyst (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great manager
Cons: teams within our organization are disjointed
The team I am on is a hard working group of people. We are all excellent in the field of customer service.
Working with various people is always exciting to me
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Woodland TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere
Cons: the drive after work
It was great being able to help employess with their benefits and to hear how long they worked for one company in their younger years
Aon was Parent company of Cananwill, Inc., and ASPN
Vice President of Marketing (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: lay-offs are a frequent concern.
I enjoyed working at Aon. Great benefits.

I worked for both Cananwill and then was promoted to VP, Marketing in ASPN.
Benefits center with great oppurnities and even better people
HR Customer Service (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great company to work for and excellent benefits
Cons: attendence policy doesnt have that much leeway
In the little time that I have spent with the company, I have learned very valuable lessons. In order to provide the best service as an employee, you have to think on a management level. You have to perform on a daily, to the best of your ability. It's best if you have frequent one on one meetings with management to check your performance and to make – more... sure that you are going above and beyond as an employee.
The hardest part of working at Aon, is that you are not able to help each and every customer that is calling with an issue with their benefits.
But the best part about my job is assisting customers daily. and providing the best customer service possible to assist with their every need. – less
Disconnected, Misaligned, and Ignorant of Employee Needs
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILOctober 7, 2014
Pros: slight improvements toward improving engagement
Cons: terrible work-life balance, exclusion of ba from organizational strategies, exclusion of ba from performance appraisal, ignorance of employee needs, process inflexibility that ignores participant needs
Aon Hewitt continues to work toward engagement, and they have made some measure of progress in doing so, but they are still quite far from achieving such engagement.

They have made great strides for their business, including greater alignment toward business-to-business clients, the securing of a very high-profile client, and the elimination of the – more... dreaded "adherence" metric for its benefits advisors.

Unfortunately, work-life balance continues to suffer. The company often ignores the fact that what happens outside the work environment will affect what happens inside the work environment. Thus if an employee's needs outside of work are not met, this will spill toward work performance. Of course, this is often ignored.

The company is atrocious at meeting employee needs in general. Physical needs, emotional needs, mental needs are all ignored in an effort to make the bottom line. People at the company - particularly those on the phones - simply do not feel appreciated. For example - the performance appraisal system fails to truly reward people or identify what benefits advisors do correctly, but are amazingly effective at pointing out what people did wrong, rather than truly assist one in improving performance. Managers are generally not trained effectively toward handling their employees. Employees are not ever involved in strategically planning the direction of the organization, and if they are, it is only for a short time, until its employees appear appeased, at which point, all of management basically go back to ignoring its employees again. The result is that the organization performs quite poorly and inefficiently. – less
large organization
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 5, 2014
Large organization -- have many friends there

Typical day:
Design of materials for producers
it great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2014
I like my job because they are well organized. They treat their employers with respect. Overall they are one of the best companies I work for
Loved Working Here
PeopleSoft HR Team Lead (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great team members
Cons: growth
Working on various HR projects
Lead production Support team
Work on international projects
Aon hewitt
Customer Member (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
A long typical day but loving the environments it make a long day but a loving one at the same time.
Transportation Company
Pension Specialist (Current Employee), Lincolnshire, ILOctober 1, 2014
● Monitored websites for cargo opportunities and prepared paperwork for loads
● Negotiated rates with brokers and communicated terms with internal and external customers
● Prepared fuel usage reports and analyzed variances
● Prepared bank and account reconciliations
● Processed invoices, checks and com-check payments
● Set up new vendor and customer – more... accounts
● Trained new dispatchers to perform daily duties
● Assisted Controller with special projects as needed – less
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: cafe located on site
Cons: short lunch breaks
Enroll participates into medical, dental and vision coverage.
Educate participates on benefits after leaving the company and offer cobra benefits.
Communicate with On Floor Supervisors to resolve issues with participates.
Create Workflow tickets for additional research on participate.
Communicate through chat with team members to educate on procedures.
Great Learning Enviroment
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: the appreciation shown for employees
Cons: hard to eat lunch their in the cafeteria because it stayed extremely busy
Very fast pace of incoming and outbound call center that handle the Federal Reserve Bank Retirees and new hires . It was a pleasure speaking to the elder and assisting them on maintaining their benefits.
Not a people place
Human Resources/Health and Welfare Representative (Former Employee), CharlotteSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: training on a non existant client
I believe that intentions are there as a concept for the company itself. But you must have Managers and Supervisors that mimic them. I think I just got a bad apple out of maybe a barrel of some good managers, because in talking with others they like it, but they always say.. it depends on who you have.. I do not like talking negative , so I will leave – more... it at this – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Aon

Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance – Read more