Aon Employee Reviews

Found 1,574 reviews matching the search
Did not enjoy job
Temp (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 18, 2017
The job is ok, the supervisors are not familiar with what you are working on at all times, There is no consistency, and there is a possibility you will not be hired full time
Pros
pay rate
Cons
no stability, unorganized supervisors
Professional, independent
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 18, 2017
Aon Consulting was part of the much larger Aon insurance and benefit company.

Typical day included selling consulting projects, client interaction and managing my consulting team.

Management was remote (Chicago) and gave me significant independence.

Culture was collaborative rather than competitive.

As in other work settings, the most difficult part of the job was client acquisition. Conversly, the best part was independence and the responsibility for one's own work.
Pros
Professional environment, collaborative culture
Cons
Strategic move away from consulting
A wonderful company to begin a career in HR
Human Resources Consultant - Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 18, 2017
A great company to initiate a career path in customer service and basic HR benefit solutions. You can make a career path within this company as they extend maximum training to all associates.
Benefits
Cons
Long process for advancement
Poor communication with management
Senior CSR / Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 17, 2017
They acquired the company where I had been working and the management did not communicate well with other management and employees. Moral dropped and employees who had worked there for years prior were leaving due to changes and poor management. Employees did not feel valued and concerns were not addressed. I would not recommend working for this company.
Sale of large part of business caused major cutbacks
Benefits Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 16, 2017
Aon sold off a business unit that had 22K+ employees which caused downsizing after the sale was finalized. Not sure if the part of business that was sold made any major changes so can't say if it was a good or bad move on Aon's decision.
Pros
Flexible work at home schedule (but not in all depts), good benefits, great co-workers and immediate manager
Cons
Position wasn't diversified, therefore became a very robotic processing routine. Not alot of advancement.
Management plays favorites
Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
Management has blatant favoritism, When not in the in crowd the management will knit pick everything you do until you quit or get terminated.. Pay is below competitor pay especially when it comes to the amount the employees have to pay in their benefit contribution
Good Place for a Role in Insurance
Associate Broker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
For the amount of hours you work, this is a great role. Plenty of happy hours and events to go to. However, being that Aon is the product of many acquisitions, the culture and role varies group to group and there is much grey area in terms of your career options. If you are an organized self starter, you will succeed.
Great place to be,
Senior Developer, National Systems Group (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJAugust 15, 2017
As a Employee Benefits consulting firm, had many diverse practices. The firm grew thru acquisition of smaller firms that had great owners / management.
I believe that they are well run and employee oriented
Contractor City of Chicago account (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
I had the impression that they treated their employees well. There was also an opportunity to learn and there is the ability to progress to higher positions should that be an individual's life plan.
Large Company, Small Fish
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 14, 2017
I worked in two different offices before my final position was eliminated in Florida. Two very different aspects of the company that is large and diverse.
No Comment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
I would rather not participate in taking part in a review. I feel it is in the eyes of the beholder, if an opportunity presents itself with the career goals of an individual, then go for it.
Stressful environment
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 13, 2017
Very stressful environment at certain times of the year. I was with the staffing agency, but had a great opportunity to experience the work level and opportunities at Aon. The compensation is fair, however there is absolutely no freedom of movement within your work environment. Your accountable for 100% of your time with very little deviance. Long work days with 1/2 hour lunch and short breaks that you can't even take during the busy season. It's a hugely micro managed company where you are continually threatend with being put on notice or fired. I'm an over achiever and hard worker and I was very happy to see the contract come to an end. I would do the job again if I absolutely had to, but I hope I don't.
Great place to learn and grow
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2017
AON was originally a temporary position but was hired permanently. I was promoted to underwriting assistant after 4 months and I felt there was a lot of room for growth
This compamy allowed me to gain great experience in working in a large call center setting that created a drie for me to wake up happy to go to work
Insurance Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 10, 2017
Each day created more eagerness to get back to work. The customers were super friendly and the managers were always on call for any questions during any calls which provided us security in knowing that even if we sometimes didn't know the answer, then someone else was always close by to answer if properly for them or delay it to me correctly.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
shifting teams
Document Production
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 10, 2017
Just work on producing certificates of insurance and issue them on a daily basis. Nothing exciting. If you enjoy sitting in a cubicle for forty hours a week and having little to no guidance and no standard procedure implemented then knock your boots.
Cons
Can not work remotely
Never worked here
HR Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2017
I'm not sure why I'm being asked to rate this company as I have never worked for them nor have I ever heard of them. I guess they are a great company to work for.
temp position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 9, 2017
aon's supervisors unhelpful not willing to assist in answering questions and concerns- no partitions between work stations noisy obtrusive no privacy. numbers driven not clien centered
Low pay and stressful environment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2017
I worked for the largest client in the call center who was going through a merger. The calls came in for my team nonstop. The client we serviced were hostile and angry and took it out on the representatives. The work was extremely stressful and it was impossible to complete everything in a normal workday. There was little support from management and often the clients would have information regarding what was happening before the representatives. Client would call in demanding to know about a particular piece of information and often we as representatives would have no clue as to what the client was referring to. When we tried to find out from management they were slow to respond. This would generate a callback to the client which was hard to do because our call volume was extremely high. Many unnecessary callbacks just added more work and stress to our overworked team. The phone volume was the highest in the call center but we were paid the same as teams with hardly any phone calls. The job was advertised as fulltime but the majority of the time management would look for "volunteers" to clock out early. If no one volunteered to leave management would force people to leave. Most people did not get full time hours because of this. This job literally made me ill as I was unable to take scheduled time off for my health. I would not recommend this job if you like to have a normal work life balance and if you have a family. While I worked there I couldn't schedule Dr. appointments for myself or my family as we were encouraged by management not to take time off due to client needs.
Cons
Only had 30 minute lunches and only 3 microwaves for 30+ people trying to warm up their food, If you didn't bring your lunch you had to walk to another building to get something to eat, No time to eat because of long wait times to use the microwaves, No time to eat your food because of the long walk to get food from another building, No vending machines at all
Great Company
Commercial Insurance Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
Again, people were nice to work with. Improvement was encouraged and supported.Provided the opportunity to improve knowledge in the insurance field as well as other education fields.
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
None where I was concerned
Very good environment and free breakfast.
AWS DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
AON is one of my best company, I have worked and coming to the environment is very good. Colleague are very friendly and team leads and managers are very supporting in work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aon. Our community is ready to answer.