AonHewitt Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Nice environment
Administrative Assistant/Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 22, 2016
I only worked at AonHewitt a short time. I worked for Hewitt for several years and the culture was great. You worked hard and sometimes long hours but the rewards were worth it. Management was great under Hewitt. I don't know about under AonHewitt as I mentioned, I only worked as an Aon employee a short time and no changes were made during that tenure. It is a fast paced, high pressure, deadline oriented work environment. This is not a good place for someone who can't keep up or isn't detail oriented or is methodical. You really need to be able to keep moving.
culture, management, worklife
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2016
this is a good company to work for for entry level. if you can get in the door it will open up more doors for you. good company culture. frequent interaction between managers and CSRs. very internally oriented. company really looks out for its employees not just the customers and clients they handle
Pros
culture, management, decent pay
Cons
time-off difficult to get, benefits not available immediately
good environment, decent pay for entry level CSR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2016
I would say that for an entry level CSR this is a great place to start off. if your into healthcare and claims adjusting. this is right up your alley. I enjoy the people i work with. just wish i could be more involved and have more opportunity to advance in other positions. kind of a salary cap here unless your the CEO or high ranked and with a bachelors degree
Pros
decent pay, good environment
Cons
advancing with company takes time
Moved from Charlotte NC to accept this position
Project /Administrator/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 5, 2016
Worked as a project Coordinator for Health Benefits Operation. Great company to work -culture is very business orientated certain department really great to work for others are very out dated in work ethics. Departmental lay off
Pros
Could work from home
Cons
Treated you like you were in a call center this was not est at hiring
A place of growth
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 14, 2016
Offers a great quantity of temporary positions. I have learned about medical, vision and dental plans offering. Competitive salary. Permanence is after 6 months with benefits.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Temporary jobs
Job security
Short-term Disability Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 25, 2017
Good place to work. Management work with you in learning and balancing work life with personal life. The provide yearly increase of pay. Which is saying a lot compare to some companies.
Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRDecember 29, 2016
This place was good to work it provided great benefits. A typical day at work would getting in at 9 am and start your day taking calls. I loved my co-workers it was a great working environment. The hardest part was dealing with angry costumers but in the end of the day it was worth it.
Pros
no bonus pay
Cons
good pay
Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day at work allows you to get inloved in a lot of areas involving healthcare. From working with a lot of different AonHewitt clients, to the many healthcare vendors.
They have a great work/life balance.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
High Healthcare costs
Nice place to work
CS Representative II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 12, 2016
I love it here and the advancement opportunities are wonderful. The co-workers are helpful and fun to be around. I enjoy my hours and the challenges that come with the job. If you want to learn more they are always willing to teach you.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Schedule adherence and healthcare
Not a place I would recommend for employment
PDR Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2016
Typical work day is phones for reps, a lot of training depending on what dept you're in, you can learn a lot but that depends on who's managing you, colleagues are overwork and underpaid and very under appreciated, the hardest part of the job was dealing with incompetent managers, the most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues I worked with,.
Pros
Pay was ok, benefits above average
Cons
placed people in management that should never have been managers, lunch not long enough, technology very outdated.
Global Company
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 4, 2017
As a Customer Service Representative we provide exceptional service to various clients worldwide. Knowing that our company is global and services so many is satisfying. There are various skills to learn for each client and having the knowledge makes you capable of conducting and leading various projects and can lead to the opportunity to advance. The camaraderie between the teammates is a great feeling and can be rather fun when you're enjoying holidays together. When you spend as much time together as we do, it's like family and you can really feel that here at Aon.
Pros
Convenient location, Cafeteria
Cons
Parking
OK Place to work
Senior Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Former employee. I worked at AonHewitt for 16 years. I learned a lot about the operation side as well as the accounting side. My job was eventually outsourced to India.would recommend to other
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No room for advancement
Good Company, pay could be better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 13, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. The employees that I worked with were great. I learned about benefits,and how they are provided to each employee that works with different companies. The hardest part of the job, is only having 30 minutes for lunch and also being graded on the calls, but getting different grades because of the different views on how the call should be handled by different graders. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with different people on the phone.. and getting to know who they are.
Pros
having a starbucks on the campus
Cons
only 30 min for lunches
Must be able to work under pressure
Tele-Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 14, 2016
The dynamic between team members was great. The job is very fast paced and you must be able to handle stress and be on the phone all day long. However, the company does try to promote activities for its employees to enjoy.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Very good company to work for.
Customer Service Rep./Human Resource (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Very good company to work for but lacked professionalism in management. A lot of areas to grow in, but its based on favoritism.
Corporate Politics at its best
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 16, 2016
Work days go fast as you are definitely working All day. Large call center atmosphere. Call after call, is what happens. Not necessarily my cup of tea. Prefer a little diversity in my day. Gets a bit monotonous after a while. Pay is decent, have them spell out commission structure before being hired. Commission was NOT what I was lead to believe when hired.
Pros
Company often provided lunches and snacks.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, always felt like I had to scarf down food.
Longevitity
HR Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2016
Good overall company culture. Opportunity for growth and development of employees. Overall good work and life balance.
good company
processor advanced (Current Employee) –  sector 48 gurgaonAugust 23, 2016
good atmosphere for working,security system is good,good management,good colleagues communication,nice salarty structure,
nice food court
Pros
job secure
Cons
transport
Productive and fun
Customer Service (Administrative Pension) (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 8, 2017
It was a good job , i enjoyed the employees . the boss was good . I had good hours . I never complained about the workplace. i learned a lot from the people and workplace its self.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
For a temp job it's okay
Benefit Advisor/Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 4, 2017
I have to say that the training I got was very good, and got my license out of it. They need to concentrate on whether or not to be a little more honest in terms of keeping their temps up to date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AonHewitt. Our community is ready to answer.