AOS Employee Reviews

Worst Work Experience Ever
Data Center Design Architect (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2017
This is by far and away the worst work experience I have faced in my career. It's a dysfunctional organization with terrible processes, business practices, and no benefits whatsoever. Check out Glassdoor. Everyone of the multitude of negative reviews are spot on. I hailed from the St Louis office. A complete disaster ran by a regional President who has absolutely no clue what is going on around him. The tenure in the STL office is maybe 6-8 months at best and turnover is at least 50% - 60% per year with a steady decrease in headcount overall each year. This says it all. No one in that office is happy and it's utterly depressing work environment.

You want to die a slow and agonizing pre-sales and sales death, by all means sign up!
Pros
Close to Krispy Kreme Donuts
Cons
work/life balance, management, micro management, processes, leadership, reputation, benefits, salary, bonus/commission structure, old school of ignorance
Run Away! Run Very VERY Far Away! Quickly!
Sales (Current Employee) –  MidwestMay 9, 2017
If you value your professional career, then run away from this place as quickly as you can! This should be evident in not just the ridiculous and almost comical high turnover rate, but the (lack of) benefits and below average market pay! Aside from that, spend more than just 20-30 minutes in an office outside of the mothership and you should begin to notice the palpable aura of darkness emanating from the senior leadership team that results in a thick coating of oily fear and nausea permeating this organization. If you still haven't run away, then I suppose, enjoy the misery that ensues?

Private/Family Ownership (nepotism) is more concerned with personal earnings via the company than the morale and general well-being or professional growth of employees - that ARE THE COMPANY!

Other than these *minor* details, it is what you may make of it, and all about relationships - like any sales specific role.
Pros
Talented engineers and many other individuals.
Cons
Competition, Pay, Benefits, Security, Leadership, Growth!
Quota does not line up to support
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2016
Each year my quota has gone up yet team support goes down. No consistency in team do to heavy churn in support engineering and design.
CIO (Former Employee) –  Marion, IN 46952June 9, 2016
CIO was a great company to work for. They treated there employees with the upmost respect. They took our thought s into consideration.
3 year old venture in the Dallas/Fort Worth market. Great people but bad leadership in Texas
Pre-sales Design Architect (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 22, 2014
I supported the sales team with qualifying technical solutions for current and new customers engagements. After qualifying the opportunity, I would then perform a discovery of the IT infrastructure according to the customer IT Needs/Risks/Pain. I would run analysis tools to gather technical data if necessary for designing a solution. I would design a solution working with key technology partners; Cisco, EMC, and VMware. The solution must meet the customer IT and business requirements and be in alignment with defined KPI's and other areas critical to the business, like customers SLAs, DR/BC strategy, or mandated compliances. If services were involved, then I would create a SOW. I would include a design drawing if new hardware editions to their Data Center were being added. Finally, I would present the solution to the customer, usually through a proposal including an executive summary, along with the sales team answering any technical questions they may have.
My co-workers in Texas are great people to work with. Several stood out, but the PM who makes the office run and ties all sales up with a nice red bow, stood above the rest.
The hardest part of the job was depending on the sales staff to find leads, especially when my compensation was tied to their sales success or failure.
Getting to work with different business challenges everyday, trying to match a companies IT challenges with the right solution for them.
Pros
Great People, Challenging Market with lots of opportunity
Cons
Terrible sales leadership and management
This is new public company, business turn very bad this year
Director, Worldwide PIC Testing (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 9, 2013
1. Although the company is not very big, management structure come to big, managing level people sometime more than hands on engineers;
2. Although the company is not very old, it seems run out of steam;
3. A lot of quality issues;
4. Can not make money lately.
Pros
Cons
Ok
Be prepared and have some backup!
Commercial Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 28, 2013
I interviewed for a position as a Commercial Collection Specialist after the Recruiter pursued me after seeing my resume on Linkedin. I have all the qualifications that they were looking for. I have 7 1/2 years of Commercial Collections experience, I made bonus 95 percent of the time and I was even rewarded a trip to Cabo San Lucas Mexico. It obviously wasn't enough. So my advice to you is you better come in with some backup because after numerous emails and two interviews, I still didn't get the job.
Pros
Great pay, 8 to 5 Monday to Friday; no weekends nor nights
Cons
They seem to be meticulous about who they hire for this position. Too many interviews
AOS-Regal
PP Machinist/Trainer/QC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYJune 19, 2013
Good position with established company. Company will be relocating to McAllen Texas.
7:30-4:00
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Orrington, MEApril 30, 2013
Everyday I am able to come to work with my children and they head down the hall to class as I start my work day. It is a very family oriented enviroment.
I am the only full time employee in my office and have many things to accomplish throughout the day but have assistance whenever I need it.
Pros
My children can have access to me whenever it is needed.
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work at.
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 14, 2012
I was an account manager for AOS. I liked the position I had there but there was not any stability or longevity. That was the hardest part of the job there. I typically would call customers and offer our updated catalogs. At the end of my shift I was responsible for coordinating a delivery route for the delivery drivers for the next business day.
Pros
always work to do, great co workers.
Cons
no benefits, short term employment.