APA Services Employee Reviews in United States

Recruiters lie about the money to get you on the road.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 2, 2016
I was hired over the phone and placed at a aircraft maintenance facility for $30 per hour. After 6 weeks, APA has failed to pay the full amount promised. They have delayed payment, shorted payment, and they charge for direct deposit. The recruiter has attempted to explain the problem, but it is definitely a management issue. If you can find another agency, take it.
Pros
Cons
lack of answers and action
bad bad bad
Senior Application admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2016
horrible experince, was hired to learn everything tech in 2 weeks for the company the guy training me quit and i was fired the following monday for him not completing his job he was working on.
no communication between APA and its employees
General Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2016
Apa took over the contract for the temp service i was working for a month into my employment. Bad thing about it they was still station in texas the job i was on was in oklahoma it took about 2 months for me to be able to find the right person to go to with any of my question they didnt have my best intrest at hand once they finally did settle in
Pros
NONE
Cons
They did not have my best intrest in mind
This is really a bad job placement company.
Sikorsky Helicopter Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 10, 2015
They will lie to the Unemployment Commission in preventing you from collecting unemployment benefits once your contract has expired by saying you left APA Services voluntarily.
Pros
There are good people and bad people that work at this company.
Cons
They will lie to prevent you from collecting unemployment once your contract has eneded.
Fantastic company growing by leaps and bounds
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 14, 2015
Despite how tedious data entry and billing can sometimes be, the constant kindness and encouragement and opportunity in the air keeps its employees happy, smiling, and permeating the same positive and energetic attitude. The owners encouragement the positivity and have created a place and attitude that is contagious. I have never worked anywhere with such happy employees, where smiles fill the hallways, and where kindness and caring and positivity so encompass the workplace.
Aviation Recruiting Consultant
Aviation Recruiting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2014
• 72% Hire to Start Ratio for the 2013 Year
• Recruiting for Nationwide Aviation openings to include Military Accounts, Corporate Jet Accounts, Regional Jet Accounts, MRO Accounts
• Filled positions requiring Avionics, A&P, Sheet Metal, Cabinet Builders, Aircraft Painters, Composite, Inspectors, Cabin Technicians and Interior Installers.
• Responsible for screening candidates to ensure they meet client job requirements as well as ensuring New Hire Packets have been received, drug testing completed and helping maintain working relationships with contractors
• Searching from databases such as Indeed.com, jsfirm.com, and careerbuilders.com
• Daily Reports to Director of Recruiting, Operations Director and Compliance Department
• Help in assisting with compliance and regulations as needed
Good company, but insucure placement
Avionics Installer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 6, 2015
I like working for APA but you will work 6 days a week 10 hours a day if you give it your all. However, expect to be laid off when job is complete. I have worked for APA since February 2015 and expect to be laid off on June 28th, 2015.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Lay offs
Injured on job and APA was not exactly helpful, as I am still waiting on final injury payment, waiting for 2 1/2 months
Avionics Technician/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2013
I would not recommend APA based on my experience with the injury that happened on a B-757.

Not sure if I would work for APA again.

AAR employee caused the accident I received due to poor communications.
Pros
good lead
Cons
poor management on the floor. would call and say they would not need you a day or two, due to work load.
Crew chief (Former Employee) –  Fort worth TXMay 1, 2015
Excellent company to work for.My payment was always on time and if you needed anything they would address your needs promtly.
I could work all the hours I wanted.
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2012
They were a good place to start in the aircraft industry. The pay was really good and the benefits wasn't so much. My job duties were to prep and paint aircraft. My co workers for the most part were very good to learn in the areas that I needed help in. The hardest part of the job was strip sanding 10 hours a day on strip jobs.
Pros
good money
Cons
no benefits
Do not work here
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2013
Most of the co-workers were not very helpful. If you ask a question the team lead would be very rude.

They dont tell you about the long hours when they higher you.

Half of the time you are required to work thru lunch and you dont get any overtime

They dont treat all the employees the same
Cons
pay
Learning experience
Administrative Professional 1 (Temp Assignment) (Former Employee) –  One government centerMarch 15, 2015
Dealing with offenders and finding out about the correctional system.

Watching parole officers at work with those who need help.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
watching people get arrested
Worked as contractor, I lived close but could not travel for the pay
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 6, 2013
Good place to work for, pay is good over all just not enough to travel having a family. Also when the contract is over they (who ever your working for) just walks you out without a notice
Pros
pay
Cons
no benifits
Excellent place to work
Senior Cabinet Finisher (Former Employee) –  Woodland, WADecember 16, 2014
• Used my aircraft finishing leadership and expertise’s to coordinate workflow, troubleshoot and problem solve related to proper operational techniques/best practices and assist in the day to day schedule demands
APA services
Technician (Former Employee) –  indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2015
APA was ok to work for being a contract company, but the place I worked for AAR really sucked
Transportation
Professionally assist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta , GANovember 27, 2012
Transport customer to connector gates by wheelchair and/or electric cart. Professionally assist with all customer baggage as well as answer any questions or concerns pertaining to connections/departures or arrivals. Provide excellent customer service to all passengers assisted to assure overall pleasant and satisfactory experience.
needed better pay
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 18, 2013
• Data Entry with Microsoft Word and Excel along with 10-Key.
• Payroll Assisting with inventory reports and labeling checks
• Emailing important information and reports to clients
• Compliance with FAA Drug Files
• Labeling and filing
• Phones and faxing
• Website monitoring
• Shipping and receiving orders and packets
fun workplace environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 1, 2014
every time i would volunteer i helped stock. when customers came in i would take their order, get their food or beverage, and handle cash. Normally there were other people to help, but sometimes it was just me. and i was okay with that.
Pros
free food after work
Chiropractic Assistant
Aviation Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2013
work would start at 9 but wouldn't get off until 7. coworkers were sweet. Dr. was a very good Chiropractor.
Really enjoyed meeting new people
Pros
luncheons, start work until 9
Cons
stay really late
Great security company
Service / Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Big Bear Lake, CAApril 25, 2012
The company was recently sold. The new managers have completly cut OT and only have two techs who recently took pay cuts. there is money in this field but not with this company.