APAC Customer Services

APAC Customer Services Employer Reviews

Just say 'no'...
Customer service professional (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Thorough training program
Cons: Low pay, unprofessional enviroment, with little to no job security or opportunity for advancment
I worked with APAC as part of a training program for there American Express account and I would only reccomend them if a person was truly on their last legs as far as finding work.
While their training was thorough and management was nice and attentive, overall, the reality of the place is that they are a call-center mill with little to no upward mobility, despite claims to the contrary, and extremely low pay. I understand many of my co-workers and others enjoyed their experience but this place was just not for me.
The environment is ok, easy money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: easy pay
Cons: shifts
The environment at Apac is ok (not the best). The customers are mostly enjoyable overall to work with as well as the co-workers.
unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2015
Very unorganized place, basically to have to be good with everyone to get a higher role. gives you the feeling of being an unstable job. A job basically that treats you like a slave, and pockets most of the money given to them by their clients.
Inbound calls, indoor work environment, opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: contest, management kept you motivated and gave you feedback
Cons: rude customers
A typical work day consisted of inbound calls for Verizon Wireless. You would handle billing questions, sales of phones and accessories, plan & feature questions/changes, trouble shooting, etc. What I learned on the job was interpersonel communication skills as well as some technological skills. The management was always looking for ways to help you handle the call as well as caller. They also made the job fun by having contest and giving rewards for a job well done. My co-workers were great to work with. Everyone had teams and we all encouraged each other and helped each other when we did not understand how to handle a certain situation that would arise during a call.
Better than unemployment - maybe.
Customer Service/Account Billing Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: co-workers & supervisors are mostly nice, decent, fun people.
Cons: short breaks, expensive health insurance, stingy vacation time, little sense of employee appreciation.
Depending on which client you are working for, you may have good training or almost none. Then you are told to fake it until you make it, but don't screw up too much or you are gone.
This is supposed to be a "customer service" position, but they really only care about the call statistics, and achieving good stats usually means customer service will suffer. Now you know why many callers are angry when you take their call.
Most of the team leads are good, but upper management is clueless.
They will change your schedule without advance notice or regard for anything going on in your personal life. Ditto for job assignment. It's as if they can't plan ahead, but in reality they just don't tell you until the last moment. Employees are kept in the dark about most things until the end.
Don't get sick, because they don't have sick days. If you take a sick day, & you don't have vacation time available, you don't get paid. You also get points against you, & can get fired if you have too many points. This is why sick people come to work and get everyone else sick.
Many of the rules are idiotic, & all rules are subject to sporadic & uneven enforcement. Of course, management is exempt from most rules.
It pays better than welfare, but there are good reasons most people don't stay there long.
It good as a first job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: co-workers made fun to work, sometimes free lunches
Cons: not having the right technology to work with, supervisors, management, raises
I learn the business of customer service, I met great people, I learned how to multitask. There some supervisors that made the job difficult to do. Also there was great supervisors to help you and guide to improve.
Too micro managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 20, 2015
Cons: not a secure job
APAC was a great place to work until Chase Bank took them over. They came in like bang busters with huge raises, but that was a short life.
They did not want to give vacations and then at end of the year you had to sell back at 75% or loose hrs as they did not carry over.
Good
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee), Eustace, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free gas and oil.
This was a difficult and overwhelming job alot of responsibility in very little time. But it had great benefits and Great co Workers.
It was a very dependable work source .
Typical Entry Leval Job
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Utica, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Starting point as refferance only
Cons: They Play the numbers Game
Nothing more than an entry leval job. Wouldn't stay more than 12 months. Upper management needs to be more employee focused.
it pays the bills and thats all
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the check don't bounce
Cons: everthing but the check not bouncinng at the bank
No room for growth team leads are very unknowledgeable and no help at all to the agents. Work environment is vey unprofessional, Management is disrespectful and makes working there very uncomfortable there has been many complaints since she took over the position. This is not a job where you go and see room for potential this is a job you get and save up and move on to bigger and better things. I never felt so unappreciated as an employee than I did there Apac needs a lot of help otherwise I don't see this company going any where.
Call Center
Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockford, IllinoisMarch 16, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: benefits
Escalated calls from customer all over country for Verizon Wireless. Payroll, coaching (side by side), deescalation.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 16, 2015
You will be on the phone for at least 7 1/2 hours every day that you are scheduled to work. I learned how to handle fast paced call flow efficiently. Management is encouraging. Co-workers are helpful.
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensbor, North CarolinaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, and cafeteria
Cons: unorganized, dishonest company
I worked at the Greensboro location for 6 months. Upon being hired I was told I would have the weekends off and my training would be from 6am-2:30pm. A week before I was scheduled to start a lady in human resources called me that Friday and said I needed to start Monday. Which was a week earlier. She went on to tell me the training was 3:00-11:30pm. I told her I had children and never worked that ate. She ensured me training would only be 5 weeks then I would have the traditional morning schedule. I asked if I would have weekends off. She told me I should but if not we would have one week day and week day off. I started training with the instructor. She was so unprofessional. Cursing and also watching videos. She said she was not our teacher just facilitator and we needed to teach ourselves the material on computers that Apac had provided. She also let previous agents come and interrupt our learning time every day all day. There was a strict no sales phones policy on the call center floor or no pen and paper. So all the agents would come in and use their phones disrupting our class. My class consisted of young adults 18-early twenties. They would go on lunch and smoked weed and come back and the stench would fill the class. On 3 separate occasions our training group had to be addressed by higher authority about marijuana smoking. We also had a couple of ladies break out in almost a fist fight. Cursing yelling and anything you can think of. One third of the class slept. So about the 3 week in training a lady comes in to our training room and gives us our schedule. My schedule – more... was Friday thru Tuesdays having only Wednesday and Thursday off. So I was mad least to say. I was told weekends off or one weekend one weekday. I was told I would also have a morning shift. So another co worker made a comment about the schedules and the lady gave us the option to do Saturday thru Tuesday with every Wednesday Thursday and Friday off. So after the 5 weeks of training I was ready to ditch the class room and do the 4 weeks on the floor training. Once getting to the floor we knew nothing. We were immediately taking calls. After about a week things got easier. the only complaint I have is that the people who were called floor workers were supposed to help us they only helped certain people and showed favoritism. Most of the guys who were supervisor flirted all day and were married. Always asking to meet up outside of work. But you are expected to take 30-60 calls per day. Random customers you speak to are given surveys on your behavior on the phone. They are asked if you took ownership of the problem and would you work with that agent again. So this is what makes your stats and it places you within in your team. Now everyone has a supervisor and the an OM over that supervisor. My supervisor was great he was younger and very informative. He kept it real with us and had been there at the center for awhile. Some other supervisors had only worked there for 2-4 months and was promoted to supervisors. Which I thought was good for advancement within a job. But every time you asked them a question they didn't know anything. Overall the pay was nice $10.20 an hour and the job had benefits. There was always bonuses. During Christmas we received$200-$600 bonus. Which I received $600. The money was based on the lengths of current employees at that time. They were also offering during Christmas and all of January an extra $2 per hour for over time. So we were making about $17+ per hour for OT. They also have a cafeteria that cooks Great food. Steak and cheese subs, Fried fish on Fridays, mozzarella sticks, grilled cheese, soups, turkey clubs, bacon cheese burgers, etc. The people who work in there are the same and are friendly. Overall a good job as far as pay but definitely not a job you will retire from. – less
It's a job
Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: short breaks and no raises
Working at home is great and is a great benefit. However, it is a 3rd party company and the Client is always right even when they are not. The Management team has no backbone and the naivity of their skills of contracting with their clients show.
It's alot of hard work for little pay
New York Times Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 10, 2015
Cons: it's too much
They ask a lot for what they pay the employees. It's a lot of requirements you have to make on your calls with no incentives. I'm grateful to have a job but I need a second one to pay the rest of my bills.
Customer Support Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
I had great training avail i went into this job blind and was able to work at different levels of departments product knowledge i did make more and beyond revenue for this company with the project that was handed down to us there.
i would definite go back there to work
Great agents to work for! Somewhat shaky security.
Supervisior (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2015
I had a great time leading my team and enjoyed my job. The position was for a 3rd party customer service company and was less than secure unfortunately.
They are pretty tough to work for.
Customer service representative at Apac (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 7, 2015
They really wont let you use the bathroom and become very rude about breaks even if you go when they told you too. its very hard to get anytime off. I heard that its just hard to work for walmart.
Didn't get paid enough
Login coordinator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 5, 2015
Liked the people, liked the work, just didn't get paid enough. Advancement opportunities were there, but you had to be a very top performer to get that.
Patience is needed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 5, 2015
APAC is not for sensitive people, their is no communication. The company does not care about your personal life. You can advance but you are a crab and you have to fight for your position or know someone.

1 2 3 4 5

About APAC Customer Services

The telephone isn't the instrument of choice for APAC Customer Services anymore. The company provides outsourced customer-management – Read more

APAC Customer Services Photos