Pros: nice co-workers, electronic direct-deposit forms, paid on time via direct deposit, relatively flexible hours
Cons: very little support for agents, disorganized management, poor communication
1) Training was highly disorganized; if there was an issue, class stopped until it was resolved. No practice with any systems (we were simply told to watch videos on what systems were used); no role-playing calls; no scripts. Very disorganized system for gathering employment paperwork (i.e. I-9's had to be notarized and turned in within 3 days of hire. – more... However, no one was told banks and many notaries in Arizona will not notarize I-9's.)
2) Schedules were done in Central Time which was not explained to anyone until we got on the phones (Arizona, depending on the time of year, is either one or two hours behind Central time); they could also change on a moment's notice. No communication with anyone regarding changes of any kind; one had to log into the system to see the changes.
3) Was NOT told job was seasonal when I signed on. Entire work-at-home team was dumped on 01/21 via email and automated phone message.
4) Pay issues are not resolved timely. I emailed my team lead about missing hours shortly after my first December check. It's January 25th, and I have yet to either hear back from anyone or get paid for those missing hours.
5) Different information is given out to different persons (i.e. qualification for bonuses, if any; extensions to use for different issues).
6) No feedback from anyone on either performance or call quality.
7) No guidance on handling customers. We were given a short script on what to say to our callers. Beyond that, there was no training on common issues (i.e. how to respond to UPS inquiries; where to send callers who requested a supervisor; how to do refunds and allowances). There were also no supervisors available during shifts; we were told to de-escalate the calls as best we could. In-office support was spotty and often the office reps would not take calls or resolve issues.
8) System reliability is very poor. The servers are extremely slow (sometimes I would have to wait for 45 minutes before I was logged in) and the phone software kept acting up (hanging up on customers, not logging agents' time, etc. etc.). They promised a more reliable phone software at one point, but that went by the wayside after a day or two (guess they forgot everyone would have to purchase new headsets for it). Timekeeping software was good once you got logged into it (IF your password worked the first time).
I would not recommend this company. The hours and pay are relatively flexible and decent, but the support is so poor it's not worth the headaches. – less