APAC Customer Services

APAC Customer Services Employer Reviews

fast paced environment, friendly co-workers
customer service representative (Current Employee), tucson,azJanuary 27, 2015
APAC was an enjoyable place to work due to my co- workers, as far as management were to go there not the best at understanding personal related issues to professionalism. I always learned something new on a daily from something I need to know about my job. The co-workers I worked with kept me going through work and through the day due to some customer could be very rude and not understanding in what our job was. So over all the most enjoyable part was working with some wonderful co-workers.
Worst Company I have ever worked for.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Newport NewsJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: better than minimum wage.
Cons: ups lack of change after feedback, management sucks, peeing on demand is close to impossible, sick time always counts against you even with a doctors note, there is no steady shift, head games, very stressful atmosphere.
You work like a dog to try to explain UPS's failures. Most of these failures are due to lazy delivery drivers. These individuals may or may not leave a slip and say they tried to deliver package. Packages just up and disappear, time commitments mean nothing, and driver disrespect of property, packages, and people is rampant. So you spend your day being cussed out by customers who are victims of UPS's lack of commitment to quality service. This seems to be a consistent issue that is not addressed on UPS's side. We can send the message but nothing happens to fix the problems on UPS's side. Your whole day is people frustrated by the unprofessional behavior of UPS employees. Seems UPS thinks they are above professionalism.

After putting up with a solid 2.5 to 3 hours of being yelled at and cussed out you have to clock in and out for your first 15 minute break. That takes 2 minutes out of your 15 minutes, and you better hope the bathroom nearest to your location is not being cleaned. If so you have to beeline to the other one and take care of your business. You do your business at this time because bathroom trips are relegated to this 15 minute break and your next or lunch period. If you have kidney issues this isn't the place for you. If you don't have kidney issues and you are a female, you will by the time you quit. After you get through with the bathroom you have a few minutes to swallow a drink so that you can talk for another 2.5 hours. Don't be late-even though they take 2 of your minutes clocking in or they write you up.

You get a half hour unpaid lunch. The food in the – more... cafeteria is good and the workers are friendly. The only thing that stops you from using this service is the half hour you get for lunch. Can't waste time waiting in line. Better off carrying a sandwich or a salad. They have cameras up in the mini shop because they think all people are worthless. Can't pay for stuff in shop in the cafeteria so you are limited by using one or the other. You swallow your lunch whole because you already lost a minute clocking out and you still have to make time to take care of the bathroom. It is hard to function on demand.

You get this last 15 minute break and all you can think about doing is going home. People on the phone are nasty because UPS changes nothing about their employees. People are figuring out the package isn't coming by now so you are less than dirt when they get on the phone. You are not allowed to hang up even when the person is being totally rude, cussing, and calling you everything in the book. Yes they talk like that quite often because they are sick of UPS's lies. You do get a few nice people during the day but they are few and far between. So this break is sorely needed by this point but you spend part of it trying to use the restroom. Then you drink something else to wet the tongue so you can speak and hurry back so you can waste another minute of your time clocking back in.

The people tasked with the title supervisor for handling customer's request for management are a joke for the most part. They make the customer wait up to 45 minutes at times with the hope they will hang up. Meanwhile you have to get back on the line every three minutes while they are waiting. Each time you get on you are getting more verbal abuse. Finally if they have hung on this long and the supervisor does get on the line you are relieved. Know that you have quotas to meet. This time in hold affects your quotas and so does filling out complaints to submit to UPS. So your manager is always on you about your figures. Also know that UPS calls and tries to set you up from time to time, as does your manager. They also play favorites. You and fellow employees may all pass calls. If you are in your managers list of faves your accomplishments are acknowledged. If you are not they let it go like you accomplished nothing, continue to ride you like a dog, and find ways to play with your money by manipulating data to reduce your hours. So after being abused by multiple patrons all day you also have to put up with head games from management. It would help if those tasked with authority had an idea of what management is supposed to be and what they are supposed to do. But not those at the lower end of authority. They are convinced that working long days for a few bucks over minimum wage makes them a God or something.

Bottom line, you are better than this. Find a real job that has some sort of future unless you are used to head games. If you are used to head games this may be the place for you. – less
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: paid training good pay good benifits
Cons: customers are very rude
good pay always get full time hours if not more.almost always offering overtime.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: working with wonderful people, and plenty of room for advancement
Cons: no healthcare
Answered calls for UPS and assisted customers making sure their packages arrived on time. Management was wonderful, they would dress up with the employees on "wacky day" or "team sports day", they definately kept the job as fun as possible.
Decent environment
Benefits Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 22, 2015
APAC personnel was nice and helpful, however, the contract with AON Hewitt had a deadline with no follow up contract with minimal pay as well.
its okay
Verizon representative (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2015
its a okay job not a job i would do for a long time it gets to yu sometimes
Productive and draining work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Humble,TxJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: bring in outside lunch, ping pong table, air hockey table
Cons: short lunches, unorganized, systems and computers doesn't work
When I first applied at Apac I was so excited. Excited to see growth in me and in the company. They promised a lot of things at the beginning which came to pass but being there a few months the company started cutting hours. They were beginning to be unorganized and it definitely started to affect the company and the employees.
Excercise Professionalism
Agent (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: helping, resourceful
Cons: irate customers
Greeting's are mandatory, a smile is a necessity. Everyday I feel empathy, and resourceful to customers. Managers very helpful and provides necessary services. Often learn from co-workers and helpful towards them. Sometimes irate clients become very calm and that makes me feel like I provided good customer service. Everyday I feel I'm an asset to society.
go to work get thigs done
CSR/Receptionist (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: we some times had free lunch or the manage will give out donuts
Cons: short lunches
start the day logging in to systems pull up all the right sites for the day make sure all my systems are up running then take a couple of calls like 15 20 calls go to first break then come back to my desk take some more call until lunch come back say hi to a couple of friends go and take more calls til the end of the day then go home
Productive with friendly people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Humble, TXJanuary 17, 2015
This work place was filled with different sorts of employees. We took at least 100 calls a day.
Fun work environment with prizes and games.
Saves Agent (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: games, prizes
Cons: pay raises, co-workers
At APAC, the work environment is fun and upbeat most days. Working with close to 100 people at a time is draining, immaturity and drama all over the place, with home life having an effect on many peoples' work. The overall "vibe" can make or break your day, and it's hard not to let it effect you. The team lead management is always there for you, whereas the upper management is out of touch with your needs as an employee. It's also frustrating that people don't care and will call avoid for hours, but if you ask for ten minutes off the phone it never happens. Time off is unheard of, if you request a few days for vacation, you only get one or two approved, so you end up getting in trouble for something you request months in advance. There are also no pay raises, so you come out to the call floor ambitious then lose care because there's no break in monotony... you end up making less money after a year and a half than when you first started. The most enjoyable, and the most difficult, part of the job is talking to the subscribers. Some people are nice, where some aren't.
Fun place to work but needs improvements in pay
Manage Care Rep (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: work from home, paid weekly
Cons: time limits, same pay for years
I worked for this company for 4 years and had the same pay the entire time. I loved working from home and my hours were great. I did not enjoy the time limits per calls and the constant averages I had to meet. If I have to speak with a customer longer than 3 minuets then so be it.
Productive environment, knowledgeable coworker training available
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Utica, NYJanuary 14, 2015
APAC is a customer service call center based in Utica, NY. A typical day was answering calls in a timely effective manor on the product and company that you were assigned to. I learned how to multitask very effectively. I am able due to this job, to take information from a client, take notes on the situation at hand, come to a solution to the problem all in a timely manor. The environment was culturally diverse environment which allowed for employees to grow in their knowledge on interacting among others. The hardest part about the job was being able to calm a customer whom was angry and frustrated over the phone. However, it allowed myself to improve on my ability to diffuse a situation in person and especially over the telephone.
Wish the job paid more
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee), Greenboro North CarolinaJanuary 13, 2015
Overall not a bad comapny to work for.Wish the company would pay more because I handle billing questions,technical support help,irate callers & provide outstanding customer service at all times.
representatives not want to advance
customer services representative (Former Employee), Lacrosse , WI 54601January 12, 2015
Cons: the health care cost more than what it covers
Representatives because once you advance then you job is on the line and supervisors (team leads) normally only make a dollar or two more than the representatives.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great lunch room, vending machines, and smokers patio
Cons: no room to grow with company
this job is typically 30-40 calls per day and has taught me greatly about time management my co- workers are great and it is a friendly work environment the hard part of the job is dealing with irate customers and the most enjoyable part of this job is customer satisfaction.

Great work place
Customer Service Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), greensboro, ncJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free gifts
Cons: not enough hours
At APAC it is a very laid back professional call center environment. There is much do learn and explore through out this company. I love the atmosphere. The hardest part of this job is overall not being able to assist a customer and getting cursed out, or she i say the feeling of disappointment. On the bright side i worked for best buy and every 6 months your name goes in a drawing and everything in the product room gets auctioned off .
Okay place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: company itself
The coworkers and management were great. The place itself was not a great company. I worked for AT&T in campaign (they were great) but APAC itself was not the best. I worked alot of hours and before I left they ended up ending my campaign and leaving a ton jobless or getting paid wayless when relocated to another campaign.
APAC HAS SEVERAL ACCOUNTS, AND SOME ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS.
SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE/SLES/BILLING (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: office environment
Cons: bathroom breaks are set each day for set time
WORKDAY IS VERY BUSY, WITH CONSTANT CALLS FOR SERVICE. I HAVE LEARNED HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS AND HAVE EMPATHY TO HELP CUSTOMERS TO RESOLVE THIER ISSUES. CO- WORKERS ARE GREAT, AND THE BEST PART OF JOB IS THE EENVIRONMENT/COMPUTER WORK AND STRUCTUREE. THE WORST IS THE LACK OF RAISES, AND OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT.
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 10, 2015
Fun environment and great coworkers when it came to the management people, however, the people who worked there were immature. Typical day was stressful but the coworkers helped you get through it.

1 2 3 4 5

About APAC Customer Services

The telephone isn't the instrument of choice for APAC Customer Services anymore. The company provides outsourced customer-management – Read more

APAC Customer Services Photos