APAC Customer

APAC Customer Employer Reviews

Fun work
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Davenport IowaJuly 2, 2014
I like a desk job. And answering non-stop phone calls. It was very good job to work at
A horrible place to work. The worst job I've ever had.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime during the holiday.
Cons: everything else
We were promised bonuses and gift cards we never received. Were scheduled at times we had set forth that we could not work at the beginning of employment. Missing hours on checks...
Busy, fast paste, and fun work place enviornment.
Sales Rep. (Former Employee), Humble, TXMay 27, 2014
Work shifts would go by pretty fast because of the high call volume. I learned the process of data entry through different systems. The management was a little unorganized for awhile but then they got it together. My co-workers were mean, nobody would speak or introduce themselves but I got used to the environment. The hardest part of the job was when – more... we were getting calls from a different dept. because the calls were routing everywhere. It was difficult because the systems we used wasn't the system needed to assist the customers and we couldn't transfer the calls to the right dept. either. I enjoyed my team because we worked hard and always got rewarded for it. – less
Very exciting!
Customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
overall it was great, we had tons of fun working there even though there were challenges with the phones but it was quickly fixed.
Never a dull moment
Workforce Analyst (Current Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 30, 2014
I enjoy the colorful people I work with.
A typical day at work is pretty hectic.
I've learned how to manage in a leadership position.
My coworkers are awesome.
I enjoy getting off of work even though I like the job.
Best Buy Client
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Greensboro NCFebruary 18, 2014
Calls Came in from best buy customer or potential customers concerning products.
This job helped me to understand how a lot of items the store carriers work
The management were sometimes helpful but not very dependable when it came to questions
The Hardest part of this job was fully knowing and understanding the stores procedures
The most enjoyable – more... part was the incentives and prizes that were given out – less
Great place to Start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 1, 2013
Pros: gain job experience
Cons: strict standards, few (and expensive) benefits, low pay, low job security.
APAC is a great place for people who are not professionals yet but can become professionals with training. This is not a great environment for those who have already worked in a professional setting. APAC generally offers immediate employment and a variety of clients to work for--this also comes with varying pay. The pay is not quite enough for anyone – more... who has major bills: house payment, student loans, or other large payments each month. APAC does promote quickly for motivated individuals often within the first year, but since it is an outsourcing firm it also means that any client can leave at any time and that means less job security for its employees. APAC does work to try and find work for the displaced employees but can not always offer permanent positions or equal pay. – less
fun atmosphere
csr (Current Employee), Green Bay WINovember 11, 2013
Pros: paid time off the first year
Cons: short breaks
Apac is a really awesome place to work, every week they give out bonuses on your check if you reach your monthly goal. The co-workers are awesome it is definitely a fun place to work. We play games and trivia during customer service week.
bad experience
Customer Service rep (Current Employee), Joplin, MOSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great wages
Cons: no compassion and understanding. training totally sucks.
started out trying to like something new. thing was thrown into something I don't understand. management didn't have any compassion to understanding. Floor support treat you BAD when your new.
Call center environment with a whole variety of different people desperately trying to make ends meet.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 6320 Pecos Road, Suite 123 Las Vegas, NV 89120September 11, 2013
Pros: incentive's to get bonus
Cons: short lunch to many demands and requirements to keep your job aka ultimatums daily.
I'd arrive into Apac 15 minutes early before my daily shift would start at 5AM. I would leave my home an hr early to get to work on time. It was my first full time job as well. Employers were set up in two section departments. One upstairs one downstairs. I was in the customer service section. My job was to meet a goal of at least ten calls an hour. – more... All calls were expected to be about five minutes long and we were expected to follow script. All calls were recorded for legal purposes. At Apac we were a mail-order service pharmacy. My job was to assist members calling in with any need's regarding their prescription medication. I would be required to identify them as members, access their accounts and then be ready to assist them. I mostly would be filling/refilling their medication. Transferring their prescription from local pharmacies. Relay information on their insurance plan, whether certain medication or alternatives to medication's would qualify to be accepted under their specific insurance plan. Inform all member's on medication that they already were taking, if it were able to be switched from brand to generic to help cost. As well as transferring certain member's over to different department's they were under. I learned a lot in the short amount of time I was there. As Apac was ever-changing the company was always letting associates go and hiring new associates based on statistical information. Management was a cut throat business a fight over who were the best to enable keeping their job's. Their bosses up the leader ladder were always on their back about keeping associates in check. It made working their a huge challenge, very stressful, very intense. It became a daily struggle to apply everything I had learned in a collective way to do my job. And follow the strict rules of what management said we had to do in order to keep our jobs. More and more members would call in just to vent and have someone to unleash their frustration onto. Management started letting people go left and right over the smallest things. And ultimately I ended up in the hospital due to over working and stress, that is when I decided to quiet my job. I learned a lot and have grown because of the experience I had. – less
Good place to advance and get experience.
Customer Service Rep/Ready Replacement Team Lead (Former Employee), Davenport, IASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good pay, some great team leads, and a great advancement oppurtunities.
Cons: wrong check amounts, can't get time off, unorganized.
The atmosphere at APAC was much like High School on an everyday basis. There were many problems between many co-workers everyday which made for an uncomfortable work place.
The hardest part about working at APAC was controlling stress levels and keeping a level head, which I did a great job at!
The most enjoyable part about working at APAC was advancing – more... as fast and easy as i did. – less
A fast passed, productive work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FlSeptember 4, 2013
I take anywhere from 100 to 150 inbound calls on a daily basis. Provide excellent customer service skills to all customers and resolve the issues they are calling about. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help my customer and resolve the issue at hand.
Beneficial and educational workplace.
Quality Assurance Coach (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: unorganized at times
A typical day includes constant communication with supervisors and advisors to make sure everyone is on the same page. Being in charge of the monitoring tracker, it is my responsibility to make sure all monitors are logged and stored for company reference. As the gauge, I am also responsible for creating test scenarios once a week to make sure all evaluators – more... are grading the same way. Monitor results and feedback is emailed out everyday to advisors and their supervisors to let them know where they stand in the tracker. – less
a great experience with lot of opportunity for advancement
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLJune 15, 2013
I loved working there. they had a lot of overtime so you could work as much as you want. you could choose your own hours and the job was relatively simple.
Call Center Setting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2013
Pros: monthly incentives/ opportunities to raise our hourly wage
Cons: short breaks, clock out for lunch, dress code, strict environment, unnecessarily stressful work environment
My typical day at work would consist of swiping my badge, logging into my computer, and clocking in. I would be assisting members who through their insurance plan would be calling our services to fill their prescription medication. It is a customer service line so they could be calling for a variety of instances besides the filling of their medication's. – more... I would assist them (after verifying their identity) with questions on their insurance plan. Switching their medication from their local pharmacy to our mail order service pharmacy. Providing them with alternative medication that would be eligible for them in lieu with their insurance plan. Answer questions pertaining to other family member's. Transfer them over to our mail order pharmacists if need be. A normal day I would take calls all day, management wanted our calls to be five minutes long at the most (this is impossible), management had a lot of outrageous demands from us as far as representatives go, it made my job a lot more stressful. For example we needed to have at least ten calls every hour, follow a very specific script when speaking and, get the members off the phone asap. Members as a whole were very upset with the service and there is only so much I can do to accommodate their needs before breaking protocol. Work was like this everyday. Upper management was very strict, and our members gave us calls just to vent and start an argument. It was a very stressful and demanding job. Benefits were nice and the pay was nice, not to mention the hours and, the set schedule. All in all though not my idea of a steady job. We were not allowed to mingle with any co-workers as far as on the clock goes. – less
Smoke area to relieve stress that comes along with assisting some patients
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pecos & SunsetMarch 11, 2013
Pros: great work experience, people friendly at times
Cons: unproffessional
Apac is a good company but it can be better. Some employees are very unprofessional, but its not the worst. Team leaders are very accurate and know what there doing when it comes time for them to assist.
Nothing to say
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: to many to list
too loud alot of people looking for some where to sit at alot of mice in the building.
puke
Customer service (Former Employee), Utica, NYNovember 27, 2012
Cons: everything
hated the company the people and everything about this slum plCE. bad PAY WORSE BENEFITS
Macromanaged work environment
Corporate Territory Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Fargo, NDNovember 13, 2012
Pros: excellent leadership team, robust training resources available
Cons: limited lateral movement within the company
APAC sets the ground rules for results and efficiency and the employees are allowed to do their jobs independently. It's a corporate culture where employees feel they are an integral part of the organization as a whole.
Shipping Agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2012
Company offers flexible work schedule.
Great benefits.