Apalachee Center, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Experience!!!!!!!
licensed practical nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 16, 2016
This is the worst job I ever had in my life. The management across the board is very poor. The management sticks together and sweeps all the dirt under the rug, to protect the most sorry workers. Yet they run off the good nurses and techs who really try and work hard. When my 90 day evaluation was due, it was never completed and nothing was done to my supervisor for not completing her duties, which was all the time. To me most of the supervisors don't know how to manage and instead of fixing the problems, they ignore them and lose the hard working people. The patients there were great to work with and I enjoyed and miss them deeply.
Pros
Great patients, pay was ok
Cons
Poor Management across the board, residential nurses could not leave unit for lunch breaks, policy changes occurr often to keep staff from using personal time
Definitely a stepping stone , but not ideal for a long term career
Behavioral Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 3, 2015
I needed job experience, but this company is AWFUL. Management is terrible. They have little to no concern about the clients, but they are concerned about the money the clients make. It is very difficult to accrue paid leave, sick leave is not an offer. It seems that a mental health agency this stressful would offer a mental health day or two. The pay is pathetic too. The low pay may be due to higher up management's salaries being in the 6digits. As an employee, I feel like a slave and it's very sad. I love the clients and appreciate the experience. I would recommend this agency to someone who needs experience and plans to move on to bigger and better. This is not a company to have a long term career.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Poor management, no appreciation, case load too high, stressful work environment
a very busy workplace
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, FL 32321July 6, 2016
It's a very fast pace medical office for the metal health, with me being the Staff Assistant my jobs consist of me checking in clients with ARNP, making appointments, handling incoming phones, medical charts.
Pros
being busy at all times, love the clients and co-workers
Cons
short lunch breaks
My expierence
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 13, 2016
I worked in residential as a nurse the job wasn't bad the patient are ok, they just feel like they're entitled to everything and management pacify them even when their in the wrong. The pay is low but the good thing about my dept we recieved 8 hrs overtime automatically each pay period that was great. The nurses I worked with was very petty didn't accept responsibility for their actions and try to place blame on you, thats why you always document to cover yourself. The program supervisor will butt into nurses business and didn't have one bit of medical training and, wants to talk down on you like she had all the sense. I really enjoyed my schedule the three day weekends off and not working too many days straight, cause we worked 12 hr shifts. My mha's were awesome if your a new nurse I'll say this would be an ok place to work but please make sure that they work with you if your planning on going back to school cause for me it was impossible. The nurse couldn't leave the unit for lunch, so you had to have lunch to eat on the unit in the breakroom and thats if you could get the full 30 mins of peace and quiet. Upper management is for self they make up to 6 figures and will not give you any kind of rise. I'll say this I enjoy mental health, and I've worked worse places than this this job was just great for me to get supervisory expiernce and learning how to make decisions on my own
Pros
SCHEDULE
Cons
PAY, UPPER MANAGEMENT
Great Job
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 22, 2016
The job was great but the pay was not livable because its a non for profit organization. The benefits were good.
great place to start a new career
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
pay
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  TallahasseeJuly 22, 2015
This is a great place to work and they will will hire you immediately. Even though you may start out at $9 you can always work over time and earn more.
Pros
Will hire immediatly and good benefits
Cons
okay pay
Over-worked and under-paid
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Leon OutpatientJanuary 26, 2015
The supervisors are very poor at empowering and encouraging employees to work together as a team. It is a highly negative environment, full of gossip, lack of respect, and hardly no training or clear communication or guidance. However, the management is the product of a much larger problem at Apalachee. Most funding comes from Medicaid and there is very little funding in general for mental health. However the company also fails to provide ample sick leave and is very stingy with most other benefits as well. Supervisors bicker bath and forth with each other and place clients and other employee in between their arguments. Computer system to clock in and out and keep track of every second you work, write-ups for overtime or low productivity or missing your lunch because you were so busy working with clients in crisis or not turning in your notes on time (within 24 hours of visiting clients). They basically expect you to work off the clock (unpaid) in order to adhere to the impossible demands set on case managers each day. They require you to have minimum 6 billable hours per day which is "face to face time" and does not include answering phone calls, setting appointments, discussing cases with other staff, driving time, etc. This leaves almost NO time to sit and type notes which takes hours each day to complete. There are no 15 minute breaks, and little to no support for employees who love working with clients and try to help those in need as much as they can.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
management, impossible requirements, constant threat of termination
Apalchee Center was a very nice place to work.
Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLSeptember 7, 2012
I learned about alll the differner types of menta illnesses and the many challenges these people faced in their daiy lives. Management was very supportive and very helpful. The coworkers were very nice. Enjoyed very much working with people with mental illnesses and helping them to overcome and learn to cope with the challenges they faced daily.
Pros
schedule was very flexible and work environment was very laid back and relaxed.
Cons
finding some of the places these people lived in which sometimes were in the woods.
good work experience with a varied population
psychiatric nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  2634 j capital circle NE tallahassee, fl32308February 12, 2014
the work with patients is very rewarding, however, administration is not able to maintain staff because there is no appreciation for the staff and salaries are poor. schedules are not stable and it interferes with productivity. the culture of the clinic is not pleasant there is too much gossip and the administration is distrusted.
the coworkers are good people and try to support each other. the best part is treating the patients who are appreciative of your work
Pros
as above
Cons
as above
Challenging work environment , Hostile Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee FL. CSUMarch 15, 2014
Working on the crisis unit is dangerous , unsafe for patients and staff. There are many compassionate and professional individuals working for Apalachee , however very few in management. The hardest part of the job is providing adequate care for patients in crisis while management treats the employees in a demoralizing and demeaning manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping those in need and seeing their improvement with treatment .
Pros
learning experience
Cons
awful management
You'll learn a lot, but...
Case manager- out patient (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, flApril 7, 2013
First off I learned a lot, but it wasn't worth dealing with management that could care less about clients and care too much about making money. Speak up and they will make it hell for you until you finally give up and quit. But get in there, learn, and keep it moving.
Pros
great work experience, wide range of mental health exposure
Cons
low pay, large caseloads, horrible management, questionable ethics, at times hostile work environment
Very rewarding job
Inpatient Hospital Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 10, 2015
I love working in the psychiatric hospital. As the Administrative Assistant to the Director of the hospital, I have learned so much and I work in all aspects of the hospital. I am part of the Leadership Team who plan and organize everything. My leadership team co-workers are awesome as is the director.
Pros
an opportunity to learn how a hospital is run
Cons
poor salaries
Development of a program
Supported Employment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 7, 2013
I had to develop and create the supported employment counselor position based on research and materials provided. I had no clue what the position was about at the beginning of the job nor any clear supervision on the position, therefore I had to find direction for myself. Met with TANF clients and helped them meet their employment goals. Learned that everyone's employment goals were different and ranged from actually finding a job to just getting a resume established to getting enrolled in the community college.
It was Ok
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  madison flDecember 13, 2012
doing home visit and writing papers trips that are paid for to do traing
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
not knowing what a home visit may be like

2.7