APCO Worldwide Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great work environment and wonderful coworkers
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day included conducting online research (this entailed going through various blogs and postings about the firm's clients), updating the office filing system, or editing/creating powerpoint presentations. Workplace culture was great, everyone was very friendly and wonderful to work with.
Not a fun place were to work anymnore.
Executive Assistant to CFO, CTO (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2017
At first, it was a fun place to work. There was a very nice ambient and everyone help each other. We were a big team. As the year's past employees were leaving, morale went down. There was a lack of communication, impossible deadlines. They only valued employees that were billable. Employees in supporting departments, such as Accounting, Legal or IT were invisible and spendable for the company. In 2016 went they laid off 3/4 of senior employees, leaving new entry and medium level employees without mentors. Employees felt very insecure at their jobs with fear of being laid off, the culture was inexistent. Very depressing place. Promotions were frozen. People lose motivation and everyone, even the new employees were looking for other jobs opportunities.
Pros
Good training for an entry level.
Cons
Lack of communication, lack of mentoring, crazy deadlines.
Very Relaxed work place
Selector (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 25, 2017
The management at APCO was terrible from my experience. As of today I am told they have acquired a new team of managers and released all of the old ones.
Fun place to work -- fruit & veggie Tuesday, beer & pizza Thursday
Senior Director, Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2016
APCO's goal is happy clients, satisfied employees, and a profitable company -- and they achieve that goal! Everyday is different, but the colleagues make it a great place to learn and succeed.
Responsible, forward thinking
Art director, client-side web programmer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2016
I worked as graphic designer and developer and there I designed, prototyped and built all sorts of products from wbsites to web applications to native apps for iOS and Android.

I learned to work with clients, to manage schedules, to not just design and develop but to art direct, and to coordinate development with teams of colleagues.

Management was generally excellent, trusting us to be capable in our domains and to deliver quality work on time.

Best part of the job was the variety of clients I worked for, from huge multinationals to tiny non-profits. It was always a joy to learn about a new client and to discover how we could work together.
Pros
Given responsibility and treated like adults without micromanagement.
fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2016
fun place to work, awesome culture, ability to work with brilliant people, cohesive company culture that is inclusive and diverse
Great mentoring and development
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
You will get tossed right in and be expected to contribute from day 1. There is a ton of thought and effort toward mentoring, management, and development. If you approach people with enthusiasm and demonstrate that you want to be valuable, they will value you and go the extra mile for you. The culture is fast paced and can be intimidating at first b/c everyone here really cares about their work; it can seem pretty intense. that said everyone is really sweet and will offer help when asked.
Pros
emphasis on development
Cons
tough learning curve
fast paced fun environment
IT Support Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2015
A typical day of work consisted during the first task in the mornings in monitoring and checking the network infrastructure and the reports from all the servers, firewalls, routers via web based console the APCO's core IT environment. Shortly after that going through all the tickets during the day before and work on the ones that requires highest priority.

I have learned project and administration IT assignments with highly outstanding result. My co-workers are highly well prepared and the hardest part of the job was to keep up with the face paced environment which I was able to perform very well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the big holidays celebrations and happy hours every Thursdays. Working with nice people that cares what you do for them and receive accomplishments for your good work.
Pros
free lunches, happy hours
Cons
short vacation, Pto
Fluid environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2015
A small office which is part of a larger global PR Firm based out of Washington DC.
The Seattle office is very high energy with different personalities and creative levels.
Everyone here works as a team and in collaboration with each other.
A typical day at work is guaranteed to be un-typical!
I have leared how PR works, how to go above and beyond a clients
expectations. The hardest part of this job is to be called on to assist without the benefit of the full background which actually makes it the most enjoyable part of the job as it is required to think on one's feet, have the ability to figure things out and be confident in the decisions made.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Smart people
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
People at APCO are generally really smart and hardworking;
The firm has a great reputation, and if you want to work in PR industry, this is definitely a great place to start.
Best work place with christmas off all week
Facilities/Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed working for APCO because I meet a lot of people and learned so many things.
Pros
I handled food and parties
Cons
dont have to many
Law firm environment
Accounts Receivable/Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2014
nice place to work however, no work/life balance during end of the year
Intern Position
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2014
This was a great, creative collaborative environment to work in as an intern. The staff there treated interns like regular employees and gave us a great deal of responsibility. This position is a great resume builder if you can get it.
Engaging and hungry team at HQ
Global Marketing & Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2012
Interned within APCO's Global Business Development & Marketing Department. Exposure to issues facing a private international firm was second to known. An excellent team and a highly self-motivated workforce.