Aperion Care Employee Reviews

not a good place
Qualified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 7, 2017
not a good place to work, no advancement opportunities, wish I had started elsewhere. if you have good work ethics do not work here, go shop for a job somewhere else
Pros
bad place to work
Cons
do not work here
Horrible Management
Activity Aide (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 6, 2017
Management is unappreciative and unwilling to work with you. Staff is always short handed and they expect you to work whenever they ask, otherwise you will put in a stressful situation.
This place is a joke!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 28, 2017
If you like to be tricked and lied to this may be the place for you.Your check will be short.You will work short.don't get me started about the DON aka Pinocchio
Pros
The ability to leave
Cons
Poor pay with even worse management
Terrible corporate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 13, 2017
Terrible management never, has supplies and building. Work staff to death
Corporate staff members have personal ties to management. Management talks and treats staff terrible.
Constantly is threatening staff will not let staff use vacation or cash out vacation
Pros
Cons
Always short-staffed, never has supplies
Don't apply here, you will regret it
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highwood, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Management doesn't care about their employees. The Company is very poorly run with no one taking responsibility for their actions, rather pointing fingers. They do not care about their patients, nor do they care about their employees. Employees are very often over worked and very under paid compared to what other SNF's offer. It is a bad environment and you will hate yourself for ever becoming part of the Aperion team in the first place.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Poor management, lack of accountability, being forced to do the job of other people
It was a great job to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 1, 2017
Aperion has been a great place to work at we work well as a team and good communication the only issue that we have is not enough stuff at times but when there was we were a great team
Pros
Team work
Cons
Not enough staff
Lots of work
QMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 31, 2017
Work was steady and not enough help. Lots of overtime due to staffing issues. The nurses and admin are helpful. Opportunity options available for growth.
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Heavy work
Social Services Director ok job
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 28, 2017
As a social services director for Aperion Care in Springfield, you will have lots of opportunity for resident interaction. The work can be enjoyable. As long as you have a reasonable Administrator, you are fairly well insulated from upper management which is unscrupulous at best.

Social Service Directors are unionized under SEIU and this is a good thing as job security is frequently a problem with this company.
Pros
Lots of resident interaction, union facility
Cons
Will accept just about any type of resident
Enjoyable
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 25, 2017
A great company to work for but yet underpaid. Your will meet a lot of wonderful people who you put smiles on faces and they put smiles on your face. The company is friendly and will help you out if they can. I enjoy working with them. You can grow with the company.
Pros
Fun friendly love
Cons
Attutudes
Unorganized
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 8, 2017
The staff is very unorganized and rude. Communication is lacking and proper training never occurs. Proper state mandated procedures are almost never followed and the building is crawling with bugs and spiders.
I wouldnt apply there
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 25, 2017
Aperion has a very high turn over rate. Most nurses don't work and the residents are always dieing due to neglect. The pay isn't too good and most nurses and cnas have nasty attitudes.
Pros
Free lunch. breakfast and dinner when working.
Cons
You will work so hard that you wont have energy to do anything in your day to day life.
It is a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
The team that they have here are good just wish they paid the CNA'S a little better the management team is very helpful when the aides call on them you can ask anyone for help and they would
Nothing to say
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 28, 2017
Wasnt the place for me other then that I dont have anything to say about that place just left to make more money thats all but the residents was great
Love my bosses
Cna (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, ILJune 18, 2017
Nurses are great .. love the residents and it is a good place to work for nursing staff cna short staffed......... z...................................................
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Healthcare
Enjoyed the company
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 13, 2017
As an Administrator, I enjoyed working with the corporate team who were supportive and knowledgeable. They offered support when needed, but did not micro-manage my duties. Educational opportunities were available consistently.
Pros
Excellent support
Cons
Health insurance
Stay away!!!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Highwood, ILJune 7, 2017
By far one of the worst places I halve ever worked, lasted 1.5 months. They accept all the rejects from other places in the area, even though hey were kicked out due to violent family members looking to sue.
Treats nursing staff, including CNA'S poorly. ADON is volatile. Administrator does nothing. They don't remove snow from employee parking lot. They lowball staff, accept tracheostomy patients but don't have suction equipment available. They accept dementia patients and mix them in with general population-free to roam. Pay is pitiful!
I don't approve of any of the management. Never received employee handbook or TB tests-which is the law!
Cons

Comment – July 8, 2017

I thought my experience was unique to Highwood facility, but after reading additional reviews, it became clear that the culture of any Aperion is pitiful on their best day. Stay away.

Worse place to work!!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILJune 2, 2017
Place is dirty smells bad and management is lazy and don't care about their employees. Needs a better DON that guides their staff not just let them do whatever they want.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
They think you are replaceable
I loved this job
Receptionist and Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILJune 1, 2017
This place is constantly getting better, management is always willing to take inconsideration of any needed improvements. The staff and resident will eventually be like a 2nd family. If you do your work, stay keep a smile, and stay out the way youll be fine. Please stay out any work drama if you want to keep this job.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, room to grow and move, friendly staff
Cons
Strict on tardiness
Aperion international Chicago
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aperion internationalMay 25, 2017
I work for a great administrator Until they fired him. When people judge you not trying to build a relationship and get to know a person I was fired from them after I had been there best employee my residents and nurses loved me I was let go by a Ms Green who is a horrible person they lie they try to get you fired they are against anyone . Many of the new crew members even said in orientation that she has a nasty attitude. Cynthia green and HR like little kids in middle school bullies they don't do there job right they target people . They gossip like little kids just a horrible place crew is poor no staff always short staff but want to fire people I love the way they have Diaper and all but theses two Chicago Females will have they Day. I'm so over this D facilities they all ran by people who don't care about any thing . You can build a great business with two people running around the nursing home like little kids lying sabotaging people. Don't work for them unless it's a must place sucks. Now it really suck since they fired best. Adon they Had.
Pros
Easy as heck on 3rd shift nurses lazy so they Nice
Cons
No cons they out to get people or fire people
Perfect place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gary, INMay 24, 2017
Everyone works together as a team ! Management is understanding and caring flexible work hours . Great people to be around . And a great scheduler whose willing to work with you .
Pros
30 mins breaks
Cons
Long with hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aperion Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3