Apex Bulk Commodities Employee Reviews

Cut throat operation
Dispatcjer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 15, 2016
If you don't drink with the gang it is very much a horrible place to work. You can tell when management is lying because they open their mouths. Very unfair employer. Don't do it. You're be better off working at a Del Taco.
Pros
Trying to think of one
Cons
Management, backstabbing dispatchers, do not respect the drivers
Steady work and a balance in personal life
Order planner/Supervisor/Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJuly 6, 2016
In the last 9yrs and 7mothns Apex has been a great work experience. I get to interact directly with the drivers and customer on a daily basis. I learn to multi-task and having patience is a plus. Management and my co-workers are very hands on when it comes to be a team player, always there to help each other when needed. The hardest part of the Job is building and planning the boards for our drivers and customers. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was to interact with our drivers and customers, making sure that we as a company met their every needs.
Pros
Learning in a fast pace evironment.
Cons
Healthcare, Management.
Terrible place to work (Hesperia terminal)
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMay 6, 2016
Managers have no idea on how to manage drivers. They think you're a robot and they don't care about safety. They preach safety when you get hired but that's just a lie. They will call and wake you up halfway through your 10hrs off and expect you to be in 5hrs after that. They don't have any managers that were actually drivers so they don't know anything about driving fatigued. You will get a lot of O.T. but you won't have any time for family. The hours suck and the pay sucks unless you work over 60hrs a week. I would definitely suggest you stay away from this company. They hire drivers all year long, that should tell you something about this company. Stay away if you're smart. But if you need a job now, apply, they will hire anyone. When you get there you will see what I mean by that.
Pros
Overtime if you need it
Cons
Managers, No family time, Schedule
Great work environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Everyone there is amazing and sweet, its not a job for someone who just got out of highschool. Overall the people are great, i miss them lots.
Secure employment
Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CADecember 2, 2015
Ability to learn if you apply yourself. There are quite a few negative people that may affect the atmosphere but if you apply yourself there is room for growth, however, it may take a while for growth to take place.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Negative people
Never a dull moment
AS400 System Operator / Data Analysts (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJune 1, 2015
Being a people person, my job as an AS400 system operator/data analysts was the most rewarding. I really enjoyed working the AS400. There were 7 terminals in California and Nevada that I and 2 other co-workers were in charge of making sure the AS400 system ran smoothly with failing while running on a T1 or 56k to our mainframe.
Worst driving job I ever had.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAMay 25, 2015
this company is the swift of pneumatics. They micro manage you. The equipment is junk. They want you to average 6.5 mpg in these trucks that have one million miles. They have cameras mounted on the windshields, if you hit the brakes too hard. They call you wanting to know what happened. You will not make money here, stay away!
Pros
Cons
equipment
It was a good company to work for
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2014
A typical day was atleast ten hours of driving. I learned alot of patience. Management just did what corporate wanted them to do. My co-workers were great. Getting stuck in traffic was one of the hardest parts. the easiest was knowing that long day just ended.
The Company is Corupt!!
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAMay 31, 2014
If you dont kiss there behinds then they make your job hard and cut your pay!! The Manager is very rude and the dispatcher are also no class
Pay is horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hesperia caApril 23, 2014
Truck drivers that want to make money are not going to make it hear you will start around 800 a week working 5 10 to 14 hour days as a truck driver you should be compensated for your work until they offer better pay they will have hard time getting drivers that's what you get when your ad is up all the time year round
Pros
Cons
No money poor pay per mile should be per load
over worked
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAFebruary 9, 2014
management takes no care in dealing with employees and not doing job to make sure safety is number one priority
Always on the road
Truck Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJuly 22, 2013
Very challenging job, always starting at different hours, it is a non-stop job, always on the go
Pros
Job security
Cons
very stressful job
productive workplace family orientated
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJanuary 9, 2013
a typical day working at apex is simple you go in to work you do your task or job title duties around friendly,and caring supervisor, managers, and coworkers. you learn something new every day about the job and the people who work around you. the atmosphere at the work place is probably the most enjoyable part of the job.
Too many hours for the pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2012
Typically a 14 hour day, no "overtime" pay so you average $12-$16 an hour with no home life during the week.
I loved dispatching truck drivers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJuly 9, 2012
i went to work at the 2:30 pm and left at 10:30 pm. i learned how to use the as 400 system and learned what dispatching is all about.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Bulk Commodities. Our community is ready to answer.